Install Arc
Options

Vote Kicking Feedback Thread (PC)

Comments

• Options
    mikeofarcmikeofarc Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sounds like a great change!

There's nothing more disheartening as a new player than getting enough gear to enter the 1600 bracket, only to get insta-kicked without a word.

What's the best entry point to 1600 content, i.e. where gear difference will be felt the least and nerd rage at the changes will be at a minimum? :D
  • Options
    twoedge1twoedge1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sixpax2 wrote: »
    Since IWD HE farming is consuming the vast majority of the population right now, as soon as you vote kick someone they're just going to rejoin the party (since they're the only replacement in queue) and now you're stuck with them until the timer expires. That really needs to be fixed.

It's probably going to be much worse than that. Wait until people realize when that same person counts as a tick toward the replenishment count each time and you no longer get 'any' people to join even though it was the same person over again. lol
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It wont change much for players who run 5man premade. It's going to be a problem for those who solo q or do small premades, because there's lot's of players who cheat with itemlvl just to enter the 1600 or 2000 bracket while their dps is not big enough to make a difference. Just to give you an example. I was once in T2 dungeon playing my tank and did more dmg than our TR, despite both of us playing from the begining.

This have will have the biggest impact on low-mid geared players, because those might have harder time getting in to smooth runs and PUGing with all the itemlvl cheaters will be nightmare.
  • Options
    gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    There's a very simple solution to all this mess. Even the XBoxers realized it already (and are advocating the same thing):
    remove vote kicking from the game. It's not needed. If you don't like the way people do the instance, you're free to leave and start another party. Done. End of story.

^^ This exactly!!! There should be mechanics at play to determine the afk'ers. That control should have never been in the hands of another player!!! Too many players learning their own mechanics are being kicked thus not allowing them to gain the experience needed. I agree 1000% the votekick system should be completely removed.
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
  • Options
    damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Quite simply, if i was to initiate a vote to kick someone from a party then i don't care who knows it was me that did so as i would be man enough and confident enough that it was the right thing to do that i could stand by my action without hiding behind anonymity like a coward.

If someone wants to have an issue with me because I initiated a vote to kick them from a party, then there is the very simple process of placing them on ignore.

If you aren't prepared to take responsibility for your actions then obviously you have something to hide.
  • Options
    alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ^ +1

10char
  • Options
    soulbearer1soulbearer1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There's this chat channel called LFG. It means Looking For Group.

Form your own group and stop worrying about getting kicked. If you randomly join a group through the queue process then you'll be susceptible to many different situations -- being kicked out is one of those situations.

Nonetheless, there's a new update to the queue system on today's patch.

Forgotten Realms Forever!
    Thank you, Ed. :D
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This would make it easier for those unseeable pesky TRs to solo dungeons.

Ooops......was I thinkin out loud again?!? :o
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Agreed. That's why I still think we should do away with the vote kicking in full. Give a DCed person 5 minutes to get back, otherwise he'll get removed and replaced with someone from the queue that fits the role. For the rest: If you don't like the party, feel free to leave (and get replaced).

I agree with this 100%.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Thing is, most groups will still need a tank and probably healer, especially the undergeared ones. You will change your mind when you realize that most tanks and healers who join your PUG group leaves few sec after because they dont like your items or itemlvl.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    Thing is, most groups will still need a tank and probably healer, especially the undergeared ones. You will change your mind when you realize that most tanks and healers who join your PUG group leaves few sec after because they dont like your items or itemlvl.

Maybe the will, but they'll be replaced by another one. Eventually, you'll get one or you'll stop getting replacements and everyone drops and re-queues. Much like dealing with the fact that one gets the quitter penalty for DC-ing in PvP, I'm willing to deal with the sometimes annoying consequences of eliminating the loot-kicking in DDs. The former is a much more acceptable evil than the latter.
  • Options
    viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    valwryn wrote: »
    This would make it easier for those unseeable pesky TRs to solo dungeons.

Ooops......was I thinkin out loud again?!? :o
    Yes yes it is always like that - blame the dvlopers.
    I been stuck like with kicked left right top and bottom
    They just kick without bothering to see if I can do it good or help them
    My guildy joined pug and got to valindra and thn thy kicked out their dc so valindra failed
    I am told ''get pve gear'' how am I supposed to do that if I get kicked out of VT/ELOL which gives the gear I need?
    Do away with vote kicking as I don't think this patch be of any use.
    People will just sit and wait till vote-kick cooldowns and vote kick anyways.
    Oh they will go ahead and not support the person they wanna kick out.
    3000 Item level is usually pay to win or veteran player.
    And everyone else is stuck
    They all said whn GS will change to IL it becomes better - it hasn't it only gotten worse now people are rubbished even more thn they were before
  • Options
    viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And why is server still offline? It has been almost 1h now and still offline and no word from devs
  • Options
    subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I see now that some people are going into skirmishes and not taking part until the very last second, so they get all the rewards but don't have to do anything. The new change means they can't be kicked. This isn't good.
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wrong thread
  • Options
    linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The existence of the kick in itself is abuse...
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    linoge63 wrote: »
    The existence of the kick in itself is abuse...

What do you mean?
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They can't get any reward if they get kicked right before the boss fight. Don't think anyone would have a problem going along with that kick
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    They can't get any reward if they get kicked right before the boss fight. Don't think anyone would have a problem going along with that kick

I tried to kick someone who waited at the spawn point until the final boss fight and it said it was too soon. Obviously some skirmishes will take a lot longer than others though. Another time there were two doing it and it was voted no.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...sweet.

Duckheads apparently always find a way to live out their hidden ambitions.

I suppose reporting them in-game will have a better chance at getting results. Also, better take a screenie...
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ...sweet.

Duckheads apparently always find a way to live out their hidden ambitions.

I suppose reporting them in-game will have a better chance at getting results. Also, better take a screenie...

They cant remove the bots from PE chat and you think they will find time to deal with all the afkers? lmao
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Seems like the "easy" programming method was taken, based on comments here - the "kick" option is purely timed, which is a bad idea (as someone mentioned that some take longer than others to complete).

The programming should have NOT allowed kicks right before boss battle, but I am sure the programming for that is probably much more intense as the devs would have to program different "no kick" spots for every single dungeon/skirmish. And I'm not so sure that would even work smoothly 100% of the time. . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Seems like the "easy" programming method was taken, based on comments here - the "kick" option is purely timed, which is a bad idea (as someone mentioned that some take longer than others to complete).

The programming should have NOT allowed kicks right before boss battle, but I am sure the programming for that is probably much more intense as the devs would have to program different "no kick" spots for every single dungeon/skirmish. And I'm not so sure that would even work smoothly 100% of the time. . .

The easiest solution is usually the best, and least problematic, ones. The kick timer would allow the low-gear player time to prove his competency. And the more context-based ones are surely harder to implement. Sometimes there is a need to kick right before boss battles, like to dump the dps-DC who won't heal when the party really needs the heals.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sometimes there is a need to kick right before boss battles, like to dump the dps-DC who won't heal when the party really needs the heals.

I see your point, but the problem is that many people were being dumped right before the boss battle or right at the end of the boss battle before they could get a chance at the reward. There were many players who posted here about that abuse.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."