test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to spend points on new feats and powers

Comments

• blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My DC only just got to 64, the points /powers just will not save. If still playing keep a record of your xp in case when it gets fixed, it defaults back to last level successfully reached. I know that's a bit pessimistic but from a players perspective "the wheels are falling off this cart"
  • voidvincentvoidvincent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm unable to play this game until this gets fixed. I have 2 lvl 70's I was respeccing. (one before the update but didn't finish) I am waiting patiently for an update of an eta for fix..
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have the same problem but only on character that i used the respec after m6 came out. Other lower lvl characters can save the points just fine.
  • tieonetieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This has also been added to the M6 Known Issues thread.

for this solution,, so we had to wait for a patch next week?? omg.. :(
    this issue need a quick settlement so that we can play back..
  • korrummkorrumm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same bug here on 2 characters, GWF and DC
  • drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My Paladin cant spec boons/powers :(
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • phranklinmagnumphranklinmagnum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just hit 70 today. Had the bug since level 68. Hitting 70 did not fix it. I still have points, feats, and ability scores to level up stuck in the tray.
    2 Tears In A Bucket
  • foxy27foxy27 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    timondrius wrote: »
    Since the patch on 8/14 reset my feats I can't commit changes to them at all. I can select where I want to spend my feats, then press "Commit CHanges" and everything appears to work fine, but if I close the window or switch to powers/abilities/companions then the "unspent feats " warning pops up. Nothing I do will cause the feat points to be saved, same goes for powers earned through leveling and ability scores. I submitted a bug report and another ticket but I have not received a response yet.

I am having this exact problem with my CW however, my issue has only happened since this last patch was applied to mod 6.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tuiiwtuiiw Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I cannot belive this! Nothing helps to fix the issue. If I buy ZEN it will work or respec token for ZEN? But well if you look at the bright side of this you can still move with AWSD. BB Cryptic i am off to Blizzard ;P
  • steampunchssteampunchs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So can't you guys do a hotfix for this problem?
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My character still is bugged. No reply to my support ticket (it's been over 37h), no announcement for a fix, basically nothing but a broken/unplayable toon. They could have given us respec tokens, at least. Not sure if that even helps since i see lvl 70 characters got bugged, aswell...

edited April 2015
    My character still is bugged. No reply to my support ticket (it's been over 37h), no announcement for a fix, basically nothing but a broken/unplayable toon. They could have given us respec tokens, at least. Not sure if that even helps since i see lvl 70 characters got bugged, aswell...

Tried on preview.It works with token.So its a solution to fix this problem.This is a gamebreaking issue.Not just a fix that can wait 1 week.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same issue, can´t spend feats and powers, since big patch 23.04.
    I will tell if anything solves the problem , its gamebreaking BS bug , so there must be a solution

in my case if i spend the feat and sign, there pops up a window when pressing minus from chosen feat, telling me there is a problem with that action having FLS on rang 4...seems to be the problem since i can´t spend boons or anything, so in case of you did upgrade any power to rank 4 before hiting 70, what is not intended but possible, it seems to bug

not sure but i read about ppl that only could deal with the problem in setting char new, but avoid rank 4 in all cases, so would I do, since lots of them don´t work, inform yourself before spending the rank 4
    the 15 sec window by changing to other char is gone btw
    edited April 2015
    Give us a Retraining token and then investigate. You have so many people that arent playing because of this. Imagine going someplace to eat and getting the wrong order and them taking days to investigate where it went wrong and not bringing you any food. Not a good business model. I still want my Elemental Evil Survivor title.

Simple solution .But there is no act to solve that.
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Also got a related issue. After reaching level 67 a few minutes ago, I found myself unable to add any more powers/feats.
    I already have spent 71 points in my powers and up to level 66, everything went fine. (Which was yesterday, if i remember right...)
    "I came from a long gone time, saw many other times...
    But I'm still human."
    Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
    ---
    "I don't like the smell of this."
    Eliza Sandtracker, Hunter Ranger
  • ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was able to spend power/feat points until the latest patch actually. I'm leveling only one of my characters right now and had gained 4 levels (60-64) prior to the latest patch. Those power/feat points I spent fine. Now that character is at level 67 and I haven't been able to spend any of the power/feat points. I did not respec this character.
  • ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I haven't respec'd any characters, so that isn't part of the issue for me. I haven't been able to spend power/feat points since the most recent patch.
  • dzaimsdzaims Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hit lvl 70, and couldn't spend the ability/power/feats points at all either. I'll try the time logout thing, see if that helps.
    Ancient Spirits officer

NW-DM9Pj62ZK 'Bear with Me'
    NW-DOPPZAYKQ 'Retirement Plans'
    NW-DKJMLS8OQ 'Sleepy in Cea Tull'

• blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm wondering if this continues to affect level 70 characters who used the free respec token after mod 6. Not explaining it very well, but let me try.

I did not use any respec tokens on any of my characters after mod 6; all still have their respecs waiting. I have two characters who are unable to save the power/feat points since the 4/23 patch. Both had 4 points in a couple of paragon feats. One was at level 68 after patch, the other at level 64.

The DC, leveled from 68 - 70 without being able to save any power/feat points. Once she hit level 70, I clicked on each of the level-up announcement things that told me that I had 4 tiers in each power, and clicked on each power, even though I already had the 4 points allocated. After going through the list, then clicked on the one that told me I had power points to spend, and I was able to save them; ditto on the feats points. So, essentially I was unable to save any points until I hit level 70 and presumably "unlocked" the ones I had already allocated. I have not used any respec tokens.

The TR has leveled from 64 - 65 and is still not able to save any power/feat points. I have not used any respec tokens.

My other character, a GWF, has leveled from 53 to 57 after the 4/23 patch with no problems. He did not have any tier 4 powers unlocked, has not used a respec token, and has not experienced any difficulty saving powers or feats.

So I'm hopeful that my TR will be able to save powers and feats after she hits level 70, and that's why I am wondering if the people still experiencing the problem at level 70 all had used a respec token either after mod 6 dropped or after the 4/23 patch.
  • drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The easy solution until it gets fixed is to not add any r4 points. The free respec has nothing to do with it as far as Ive been able to tell.
  • mmonederommonedero Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I also have this same issue. I have 2 boons in the pvp campaign and 1 boon in sharandar campaign that i cant commit. I have made an in game ticket but no response.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As a reminder, if you made an ingame bug report ticket, you will not receive a response. Those tickets go directly to the QA team and are logged appropriately.

We understand that this is frustrating but please understand that finding what's causing the problem does take time and resources.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't play the way I want. I have this issue for two days now. I can't upgrade my boons nor my feats. I just end up playing one or two quests at a daily pace.

What's the hold-up? Please, tell me that we won't have to wait until Thursday?
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • tristanusstristanuss Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I used respect points and NOW I CANT SAVE MY FEATS/BOONS POINTS AND PP DONT RESETED, PLS FIX IT FAST COZ ITS AFECTING ME DIRECTLY AND CANT FARM..
  • hellopwehellopwe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Made level 70 today and cannot play properly because of this bug...
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    As this thread just got merged with a few others, I'd like to quote a few posts for awareness:
    Hey guys, we're looking into this issue.
    This has also been added to the M6 Known Issues thread.
    As a reminder, if you made an ingame bug report ticket, you will not receive a response. Those tickets go directly to the QA team and are logged appropriately.

We understand that this is frustrating but please understand that finding what's causing the problem does take time and resources.
    Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
  • jiinksjiinks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just for troubleshooting purposes; I was level cap at 60 before mod 6; did not use the free respec yet; could not save any power or feat points until I hit level 70, then I was able to save them. So for my particular case, it seems that I'm OK, other than I had planned to respec after trying out some of the new powers, so will wait until this gets resolved.

What seems to be common is that the bugged characters have a Power at rank 4, but do not meet the criteria of level 70 and 70 Power Points spent. For some reason, this is being checked when feats or boons are changed, and of course, doesn't pass the new "rank 4 power validity" check added in Thursday's patch.

So, any bugged character with no rank 4 powers?

And for those of you who are level 70, how many Power Points have you spent and committed and how many Powers do you have at rank 4?

By the way, if this theory is correct, you may be able to un-bug by reaching level 70, and then spend more than 70 power points (assuming you have them) so that your rank 4 powers are "valid" with the newly enforced criteria. Of course, this will be very difficult / take a long time if you used a respec and can't commit any features or boons. But if you haven't used a feat respec, you may be able to do it.
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had a character with this bug. I had indeed a power at rank 4thbefore reaching 70 (I chose it at lvl 61). I couldn't spend power points or feats since the last update.
    Reaching level 70 did solve my problem. I was able to spend my power points, feat points and ability points.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • skandranon68skandranon68 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same problem here. Since I am now 68 I hope I shall be able to fix it once I get to 70
This discussion has been closed.