test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to spend points on new feats and powers

Comments

• blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jiinks wrote: »
    What seems to be common is that the bugged characters have a Power at rank 4, but do not meet the criteria of level 70 and 70 Power Points spent. For some reason, this is being checked when feats or boons are changed, and of course, doesn't pass the new "rank 4 power validity" check added in Thursday's patch.

So, any bugged character with no rank 4 powers?

And for those of you who are level 70, how many Power Points have you spent and committed and how many Powers do you have at rank 4?

By the way, if this theory is correct, you may be able to un-bug by reaching level 70, and then spend more than 70 power points (assuming you have them) so that your rank 4 powers are "valid" with the newly enforced criteria. Of course, this will be very difficult / take a long time if you used a respec and can't commit any features or boons. But if you haven't used a feat respec, you may be able to do it.

No, no bugged character with no rank 4 power; detailed info in this post.

One resolved once I hit level 70; one has yet to hit level 70 and is still bugged; and one is less than level 60, had no rank 4 powers, and has no problem saving feats and points.

My concern is that I believe I saw one or two people who said they reached level 70, re-specced, and then could not save powers/feats. If that's the case, then there is a definite bug with the respec in addition to the leveling process.
  • jiinksjiinks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My concern is that I believe I saw one or two people who said they reached level 70, re-specced, and then could not save powers/feats. If that's the case, then there is a definite bug with the respec in addition to the leveling process.

Yes, some level 70 characters are still bugged. But remember, the criteria is level 70 AND 70 power points spent BEFORE you can get rank 4. This presumably means you're allowed rank 4 on your 71st power point. Some characters won't have 71 power points when they hit 70. The ones that do are characters that were 60 pre-mod 6 and flipped through the experience bar, which is probably a good many characters today, but certainly not all.

So, I'm still thinking the bug may be isolated to the newly enforced criteria, and is symptomatic whether you're trying to spend points through normal leveling, or on an AD respec.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jiinks wrote: »
    Yes, some level 70 characters are still bugged. But remember, the criteria is level 70 AND 70 power points spent BEFORE you can get rank 4. This presumably means you're allowed rank 4 on your 71st power point. Some characters won't have 71 power points when they hit 70. The ones that do are characters that were 60 pre-mod 6 and flipped through the experience bar, which is probably a good many characters today, but certainly not all.

So, I'm still thinking the bug may be isolated to the newly enforced criteria, and is symptomatic whether you're trying to spend points through normal leveling, or on an AD respec.

Ah, I see what you're saying - yes, that makes sense. The key would be to get to 71 power points spent; logically, that should "fix" it. If that doesn't resolve it, then there are other bugs in the works on top of it.
  • tristanusstristanuss Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well what happened to me is : i espended 80 points on lvl 63.. then when i levled to 64, my feats not saiving when i use then, and PP too, so, i respected F/B and now i cant save or use feats/boons points, i used then, and they dont save.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why hasn't this been addressed, yet? It's quite a game breaking bug. :rolleyes:

• fedorek00fedorek00 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    good day yesterday , I rebooted my feat descriptions and do not know what to do so I went to apply for zen feat descriptions certainly buy item ... not because my character is without their featu virtually unusable Thank you from the fact spend : D
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    good day yesterday , I rebooted my feat descriptions and do not know what to do so I went to apply for zen feat descriptions certainly buy item ... not because my character is without their featu virtually unusable Thank you from the fact spend : D

as written in this thread AD respec does not work, save the AD
    only a 300 Zen respec or free respec as I know can solve the problem,
    1. solution use the fere respec 2. solution wait for a fix 3. solution spend 300 zen 4. solution stiop playing the game

if you only reset feat with ad your rank 4 power stays and so its worse ever since you can´t spend boons and feats any more
  • hellopwehellopwe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Some people have mentioned that retraining does not work and actually makes things worse because you end up with no abilities, unable to buy new ones.
  • tuiiwtuiiw Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That's because an AD respec is a feat-only respec.

This is solution ;D
    edited April 2015
    hellopwe wrote: »
    Some people have mentioned that retraining does not work and actually makes things worse because you end up with no abilities, unable to buy new ones.

Nice to know... I was about to give it a try. Now, not anymore.

• kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is a serious bug and should be fix at once! Player that doesnt know the bug may lose all his skill and cant play the game..Hope the developer fix this ASAP!
  • majek90majek90 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey, Devs, Its really gamebreaking problem, and u cannot solve it in 3 days?? It says a lot about yours professionalism. I know its free game so u dont have to try hard to solve this problem. With this attitude i dont see future of this game too brightly.
  • rappscalli0nrappscalli0n Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The bug is still here. I thought leveling up might help but it haven't - i now have 2 power points and 2 feat points I can't spend on anything. Maybe this is because I advanced some skills to lvl 4 back when it was possible - but who cares, this is for the DEVs to fix.
  • krystina74krystina74 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having same issue! Hope there is a fix soon.
  • tsariotsario Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same issue too.
  • nail2k1nail2k1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here! :(
  • silvergaze222silvergaze222 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was stuck like this for a while as well, I ended up buying a retrain token to fix my main character.

Luckily it fixed it for me, but if it is messing up for other people when they try Retrain tokens, I wouldn't recommend it.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think it could be related to campaigns somehow. All my other characters who havent touched any campaign yet dont have this problem. Only my main is affected so far.
  • smbvmssmbvms Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have not respeced, and am having this problem with one of my alts, got a power point and feat for leveling but can't get them to comit.
    edited April 2015
    And still... Bugged.

• drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And still... Bugged.

Few more days of people stating the obvious and the patch will be out.
    edited April 2015
    I was stuck like this for a while as well, I ended up buying a retrain token to fix my main character.

Luckily it fixed it for me, but if it is messing up for other people when they try Retrain tokens, I wouldn't recommend it.

A retrain token should work. The bug is related to having rank 4 in a Power when you don't meet the newly enforced criteria to do so (you're not level 70 or you haven't already spent 70 Power points). It was possible to do this pre-patch on Thursday. It is no longer possible to do this, but for some reason, when you try to spend a feat or boon point, it checks your Powers point spend. If you have a rank 4 Power and you're not level 70, or you haven't spent 70 points + 1 for the rank 4 power, it fails to commit the feat and boon changes.

I haven't seen anyone report that a retrain token fails to fix this. It's the AD feat/boon respec that won't work, and in fact, makes things worse.

It is also likely that getting to level 70 and spending 71 power points will fix it.

[Note: I am in no way implying that the above are acceptable fixes. This really needs a software / database change to resolve it for everyone.]
  • tristanusstristanuss Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cant , just cant believe they dont fixed it yet. 3 days im stuck without feats/boons, cant farm, cant pvp, cant play without it. W t f why its taking so long, just remove the cap of points ppl spend before lvl 70 or watever, i want to play!

Yes caps im on rage and yes bad english but CAPS turned off auto.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    wierd..my cw is lvl 62 and he is stuck unable to commit boons and feats
  • newnickunregisterednewnickunregistered Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The bug also does not go away when levelling toon to 70 and also the allocation of stat points is affected (one can press Done but nothing gets commited).
  • dianafarhandianafarhan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had this problem until i bought a Retraining Token, it solved the problem. since the 23rd fix on chossing the rank 4 if you have chose to activate a rank 4 before completing 65 points spent and lvl 65 it will be bugged, buy a retain token, choose the all skills up to rank 3 first , and slowly up them to rank 4 , only after that your Ad respec works. (SOLVED)

NOTE####You will be loosing the 100K AD respect ealier before buying the retain Token, no refund.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think that it's about time that this issue is fixed. I've been playing deprived of my feats and all boons from all campaigns which I sorely need in order to play properly.

What's going on? :mad:
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had the same problem. 4 points in Storm Spell on my CW but couldn't add anything (feats or power points) until I used one of my respec tokens for a full respec. The issue is now resolved.

I got several tokens from the last winter event so I'm not out any money but this is still irritating.
    I aim to misbehave
    edited April 2015
    The bug also does not go away when levelling toon to 70 and also the allocation of stat points is affected (one can press Done but nothing gets commited).

It goes away for some when they hit level 70. It is most likely requiring: level 70 + spent at least 71 power points in order to "un-bug" your character.
  • leorstefleorstef Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have had this for 5 days now on ALL of my characters.
    Some of my characters have leveled again through Invoking, and are now missing a Power point as well.
This discussion has been closed.