Chem's Comprehensive Mod 5 CW Guide

12346»

Comments

• Options
    crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nathyiel wrote: »
    Full cha + critical conflagration boost from artifact
    hallacatt explicitly mentioned +5% from offhand AFTER the 55%.
    Full CHA gets you what? 30 CHA?

So:
    5% base
    3% heroic feat
    20% from CHA
    = 28% without crit stat

So without Chilling Presence (and that implies "unbuffed" for me), you need 27% crit chance purely from the crit stat. That's a lot, so I wonder if I'm missing something
  • Options
    hallacatthallacatt Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2015
    My unbuffed total includes the chilling presence feat, sorry if that was confusing. I consider it unbuffed because its just always on.

My character sheet right this moment with my angel out (havent been using an augment much in mod 6 although I have a black dragon ioun stone) says 54.3% crit chance and the breakdown is as follows:

5 baseline
    16 from 26 charisma
    3 from heroic tier column 1 middle feat
    10 from chilling presence
    20.3 from 8134 critical strike chance
    54.3 critical strike chance
    55.3 with campfire buff giving +1 to all stats (note: charisma)

Ofcourse having an accuracy potion is completely sustainable so you could add that in if you want. If you are running a standard tank/healer/controller/2 dps party by all means use the augment for even more. But yeah, the above is just what I have standing around in PE with my angel.

My gear is 4 part tier 1 dungeon armor (all crit/arpen), lvl 70 epic main and offhand, epic lostmauth neck, blue valindra belt, tier 1 dungeon offensive rings, old lvl 60 gemmed clothes, epic dc arti, epic lantern, epic thayan book of the dead, and epic tiamat's orb of majesty.

A couple blue rank 6's in offensive slots and the rest are blue rank 5's. All defensive slots are yellow rank 7's. So as you can see, still plenty of room to grow into lvl 70 jc rings, better enchants, etc.

@bruceeee

Ill try to get some screenshots of everything to post here for you. Everything I have barring book/orb artifacts, pvorp, and maybe some pets is pretty easy to come by. Tier 1 dungeons arent so bad with a good team. I think just about anyone could get close-ish to my loadout with a modicum of investment.

Hope everyone finds this helpful. Ill try to get screenshots soon for anyone wanting visual references. For those more math-y types we can trade ACT parses if you are interested.
  • Options
    sliderhardcoresliderhardcore Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    @hallacatt
    What about new targets for different stats after all mod 6 changes.
    More ArPen, more crit , more HP , but what to sacrifice for more of the other. Previously it was easy choice - stop when you get near and over 2500 on almost all important class stats , then continue to add only power/HP. Now which ones are good to go up and which ones is enough to keep at previous levels ?
    What about new skills/features ? Looks like CW got nothing useful from all that new added stuff 60 -> 70 except one single target dmg skill .
    Is it Rank 4 of Icy Terrain still bugged and increase the cooldown by 3 sec ?
  • Options
    hallacatthallacatt Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2015
    @sliderhardcore

Rank 4 of icy terrain and entangling force are still bugged and as such until you see for absolute certain from forums/patchnotes do not make either of those Rank 4. The only totally new power/feature that we gained with any value is just Disintegrate, just as you said, but make no mistake about it - Rank 4 on everything we already had is pretty amazing for our class features/powers in general.

For stats, my loadout comes with these priorities:

Crit Chance softcap of 60% unbuffed makes the right chaotic proc a literal EotS and beyond that you'll have wasted crit chance under that proc. So you have unbuffed 60%+5% offhand+5% tier 3 renegade+sometimes chaos proc for 100%

Arpen softcap of 4k, bosses can benefit from arp in excess of this but 4k gets you past most anything else. Once you hit the 60% benchmark for crit chance just throw everything else here.

Honestly just whatever you can get naturally in the other offensive stats.

For defensive stats HP>Lifesteal>Deflect=Regen>Defense. The advent of mobs having inherent arpen invalidates the defense stat as a function.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    bruceeeebruceeee Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    @hallacat

Ill be waiting for the pictures then. I' almost lvl 60, so I'll start thinking about farming for decent or semi-decent stuff.

@nathyel

About your build (with Icy Veins), did you notice a big difference in damage?
    Is it very gear-reliant?
  • Options
    nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bruceeee wrote: »
    @hallacat
    @nathyel

About your build (with Icy Veins), did you notice a big difference in damage?
    Is it very gear-reliant?

You means the build with 3/5 Icy Veins and 2/5 Frigid Winds ?
    It's only noticable in a configuration with CoI on tab. because stacking chill will be easier. It should be more valuable for SS mage with Chilling Control. It also need a lot more control bonus to extend the freeze duration.

Without CoI on tab, I will suggest to keep Icy Veins at 5/5 as dropping IT will result instant freeze on all mob around. Solo, I often run to a pack of mob on mount then drop IT in the middle, freezing them all then start rotation FtF on tab + Steal time. Mob are generally dead at this moment. Disintegrate those who are still alive :cool:
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nathyeil, you should really consider putting together MoF guide that's relevant to Module 6. Seems like you're answering questions all over the place :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Nathyeil, you should really consider putting together MoF guide that's relevant to Module 6. Seems like you're answering questions all over the place :)
    I will do it. This weekend I think. The difficulty is that English isn't my native language.

But as a taunt, I will put my feat here : http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/cw?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13j3ih0:150uu00:1000000:1z050uv&h=0&p=mof
  • Options
    sliderhardcoresliderhardcore Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hallacatt wrote: »
    Hope this helps.

It helps a bit thx.
    But what companion you use for solo stuff on maps and what for dung party ?
    Can you (or anyone else) point a good/affordable ones viable for mod 6 in those 2 areas (or augments are still the thing to use)?
    And for last point - can you prioritise the path for acquiring artifacts and artifact gear in succession according to importance to get it earlier and effort required to get it. I mean - easy to get stuff in the beginning and hardest at the end.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I will do it. This weekend I think. The difficulty is that English isn't my native language.

But as a taunt, I will put my feat here : http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/cw?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13j3ih0:150uu00:1000000:1z050uv&h=0&p=mof

Well, you could've fooled me. Your posts are more articulate that 97% of the stuff that gets posted in the General forum :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Well, you could've fooled me. Your posts are more articulate that 97% of the stuff that gets posted in the General forum :)

Well, yeah. But so are a troop of chimps flinging poo at each other. Not exactly a high bar to clear.

Jokes aside, I would not have guessed that English was a second language for you, nathyiel. I think you'll be fine writing a guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    clouseau2405clouseau2405 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi,

before mod6 I was very happy with my CW (MoF-Thaumaturge) and I had fun playing with them. But since mod6 I'm very unhappy with my cw, at the moment he is a healing potion destroying cw.
    My biggest problem is that I don't know where to go with my stats and is the MoF-Thaumaturge still a good choice as it was in pre mod6. If I not mistaken, MoF-Thauma was Chem's favorite.

I want to play a buff/debuff cw to support party members.
    My built:
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/alfredx/7316oe/

Since I only have rudimentary knowledge about the cw and nw, maybe someone have some suggestion for me.
    The next problem is, that I have less time for playing NW, only at the evening some hours :(

Thx for your help.

bye,
    Clou
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    u

Mof Renegade is the way to go for you then. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hi,

before mod6 I was very happy with my CW (MoF-Thaumaturge) and I had fun playing with them. But since mod6 I'm very unhappy with my cw, at the moment he is a healing potion destroying cw.
    My biggest problem is that I don't know where to go with my stats and is the MoF-Thaumaturge still a good choice as it was in pre mod6. If I not mistaken, MoF-Thauma was Chem's favorite.

My built:
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/alfredx/7316oe/

Since I only have rudimentary knowledge about the cw and nw, maybe someone have some suggestion for me.
    The next problem is, that I have less time for playing NW, only at the evening some hours :(

Thx for your help.

bye,
    Clou
    Pvp or pve ?
    I suggest you to go to renegade. I check quicly : too wisdom.Shard of avalanche is no good go for desintegrate or ftf.
    But what you need the most is better gear.
    Change your ring for green level70. Ang go take some pvp gear.

The bad New: icy is wonderful but you need to be very close of mob.
  • Options
    clouseau2405clouseau2405 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pvp or pve ?
    I suggest you to go to renegade. I check quicly : too wisdom.Shard of avalanche is no good go for desintegrate or ftf.
    But what you need the most is better gear.
    Change your ring for green level70. Ang go take some pvp gear.

The bad New: icy is wonderful but you need to be very close of mob.

thanks for your advice.
    I'm playing pve only.
    Do you have any suggestions for the MoF Renegade feats?
    Hmm, I didn't find any green level70 rings with better stats. Same with pvp gear in AH. Maybe I'm blind and stupid :(
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    Someone mentioned Neverwinter on the Wildstar forums so i came over to login and say hi.

HI EVERYBODY!
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Someone mentioned Neverwinter on the Wildstar forums so i came over to login and say hi.

HI EVERYBODY!

Hey chem :)
  • Options
    So i learned in a few hours on the server:

a) there is no control in control wizard
    b) "endgame" PvE is painfully easy
    c) engame? what endgame?

Is my assement correct?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

c) engame? what endgame?

Is my assement correct?

Pretty much....the last boss in eCC dies in about 12-20 seconds and eGWD is about 30 seconds to a minute. Those are the 2 hardest dungeons at end game and they are painfully easy.

*edit* although there are still people on the forums asking for everything to be made easier because..."they can't use their badly optimised build in a random group to pug the t2 dungeons and win without a fail"
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • Options
    commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User

c) engame? what endgame?

Is my assement correct?

Hi Chemboy!

Its mod4 all over again. Parties burns through instances like knife through butter.

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    chemboy613 wrote: »

c) engame? what endgame?

Is my assement correct?

@chemboy613
    Pretty much. Oh, and Oathbound Paladin can Tank, Heal, and be Top DPS in party all at once \o/​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Chemboy...I don't really have any way to contact you other then hoping you come by and read the comments, but if you do, may I have your permission to update this? Whilst a lot of it is out of date, some of it is not and I would prefer to update the sections that are out of date and then quote the sections that are not rather then writing a full guide from scratch, considering how complete your guide was. I will do my best to stay true to what you originally intended your guide to be. Thanks :)
  • Options
    aakrasiaaaakrasiaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    Was just thinking the same thing, though I don't have the skill/knowledge to update myself. If you need a proofreader (or anything else), @thefabricant, I'd be happy to help!
  • Options
    Hey friends, I was looking at this cause i'm writing another guide in another game. If you ever want to contact me, poke me on discord. Makaria#0699