Chem's Comprehensive Mod 5 CW Guide

Comments

• Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    49 - Ways of making AD, becoming more powerful and more successful

tumblr_ncanppOIlr1tj8o3do3_1280.jpg

1 - DOING STUFF.

That is, if you log on to neverwinter the purpose is not to stand around PE and chat. Do something that progresses your character. It could be anything including:

Running dailies for boons
    Running dungeons/skirmishes for loot and gear
    Running PvP for glory
    etc..

It’s my opinion the biggest mistake people make is not being active. They will complain they are poor and have no good items, but then when you ask them to run or farm, they don’t want to do that either. Everything will cost either time or money, and absolutely nothing is free. There is no such thing as a free watermelon sorbet.

2 - Leadership

Making alts and having them learn the leadership profession is a long term, low hassle way of making ad. The results aren’t as spectacular as rumored, but it does add up over time. Overall, a solid investment.

3 - Push yourself.

Many players don’t do content at their level. In general the harder and more exclusive the content is, the better the loot is (at least we hope). Hence if you are capible of running ELOL and CN but instead run cloak tower, you are wasting your time there.

I feel this way about events. Anyone can farm the event, meaning the rewards will not be worth much, but not everyone can farm ELOL, meaning those rewards are worth more.

Also, I like short manning or soloing dungeons to keep my skills sharp. There is no shame in this. Have a friend loan you an alt to take up the blank slot(s) and short man it. More loot, more challenge

4 - Network, network, network

The most important asset is people. Your network is your friends, your companions, your teammates, your library, your knowledge base, etc… Something so valuable must be nurtured.

5 - Always be kind, respectful, fair and generous

This is related to four. Amazingly, people like other people who are nice to them (shock). Be nice to people and reap the rewards!

Being respectful is important. This doesn’t mean you don’t speak up when someone is wrong. You SHOULD correct people who are just plain wrong, but you should do it in a respectful way. The biggest mistake people make with argument and discussions both on these boards and in game is forgetting to respect the other person. Just by using better language we can be more respectful

Be fair. This means you shouldn’t rip people off in trade (it could come back to haunt you). Of course, you should try and get a good deal! That’s normal, but you shouldn’t exploit them blatantly.

This also applies in dungeons. If you have loot rules make sure they are clear and fair and discussed ahead of time. It doesn’t matter so much what they are, but it does matter that people know and that they are the same for everyone.

If you split an item and you take a small cut for a transaction fee (say the posting fee). I think that’s fine and ok, as keeping books are a huge hassle, but i wouldn’t make it unusually large else you lose trust.

Try to reply to PMs and notes quickly.

Generous doesn’t mean giving items away necessarily, but it could be with your time, your advice, your thoughts. If you are doing the same thing as someone else, keep each other company. Chat. Have fun.

6 - Don’t take toxic actions

Toxic actions are things that destroy relationships. They could be:

Being too uptight about the rules i.e. need rolling rank 3 enchants when it was greed; kicking someone for running “the wrong way.” arguing too tightly about tactics, etc… All these things make you look petty and immature.

You should never, ever ever ninja loot at the end. If it’s all greed and you wait until the last second to need - that’s awful of you. If something good drops and you start kicking your team - that’s awful of you. Don’t ever do this to people.

Have some patience with people who are new to the dungeon and/or do things in a slightly different way. This means if you wipe once or twice, you shouldn’t kick someone for that! you should do your best to explain it to them and help them understand. Most people want to help you, learn the dungeon and do well. Sometimes they are new or inexperienced or don’t have a finely tuned gear/spec combination. That’s ok. We were ALL NEW at some point. You should help them, not kick them.

Never blame your teammates for your failures. It seems that mostly bad players do this. If things are going wrong, the first thing you should be asking is “what can I do better?” Could you play a different way? use different gear? do a different rotation? get off the phone? stop watching netflix? Try your best to help your team out

Second question is “what can we do better?” Is your team using the optimal strategy? If not, suggest and discuss a better one - remembering the be respectful rule.

It is very toxic to lose you cool and start blaming your team mates. This is how to not make friends and influence people.. to not like playing with you.

I am sure there are many other bad things that could happen, but this list is not exhaustive

7 - Be patient with people from other cultures and walks of life

While we all play neverwinter, I have played with people from all over the world, all different ages, all different living situations, occupations, educations, etc… Our culture influences how we act and other people (shockingly) act different from how you act! Amazing huh? They are not necessarily wrong, just different. Do not judge them too harshly.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    50 - Investment Ways of Making AD:

These strategies require a significant amount of capital and knowledge to be successful. They are also risky and it is easier to lose than win. Proceed at your own risk.

1 - AH flipping and arbitrage

Say you know that some item is priced too low on the auction house. Either it is far below it’s value or you know it will go up in value in the future. You then buy now and sell later.

While it seems obvious and easy, it’s not. Prices fluxuate. Cryptic changes things with little warning. Their changes on preview may or may not hit live. Hence you spend your ad now and may or may not make it back later.

Granted, i know people who have made millions of AD doing this - but if it was easy everyone would be doing it. Also, a thing about markets - once there is a gap in pricing and people notice and respond, the gap will close itself through market forces. Hence you quite literally have to know something other people don’t.

2 - Bid flipping.

Sometimes, people will post a valuable item with a very low starting bid. You can then wait until the very last seconds, open up the gateway and ninja that item away at a low price, then sell it later.

I’ve done this once or twice, but most times you aren’t the only one onto it. Other people will out ninja the ninja, which is frustrating. Also bids have a way of exploding in the last few seconds, so you must be on top of your game, have a reservation price, and hope you don’t get a random lag spike.

3 - Market manipulation

This is where either you buy up all the items in a category or that category naturally clears, then you repost the same items at a new, inflated price. This price anchors the market high, making it a sellers market and hopefully you sell at the high prices.

When it works, it’s great, but often times you lose your posting fee as other people will likely notice and undercut you (sometimes significantly), Also if you can’t sell, you are now stuck with inventory you can’t move and can’t sell for profit.

So this is a high risk plan, but can be profitable.

4 - Lockbox Flipping

Now, with enough information you can actually calculate the expectation value of a lockbox relatively reliably. Then, you can sell the content for profit.

The downside is this only works if you know the market, know the probabilities, and open a ton of lockboxes (say 100 or more).

I think there a fair number of people doing this. However my advice is that if the expectation value looks too good to be true (say over 15% profit), the market is probably inflated and that is too good. Also if you open too many of the same type, you risk flooding and crashing your own market. That is being greedy and impatient is bad for you.

5 - Zen speculation

If the ZAX is ever variable again, you can buy low and sell high for profit. However, this requires a high risk of capital and will cost you if you wrong.

6 - Sale arbitrage

This involves buying on-sale items and then reselling them later when they are not on sale.

The downside is that many people do this as well, and those items hit a depression afterwards that can linger for some time, so you might not get your AD back. Also, you can never make more than the base price, so that limits profits.

7 - Coupon arbitrage

Buy stuff with a coupon, sell without coupon.

Easy, simple and profitable and works like a charm, downside is that coupons are rare so this is a small scale solution.

8 - Alternate strategies

I have heard of other ways of making AD that i can’t list here because either i don’t know about them well or they are against the TOS. If people know more ideas that are good, let me know so i can add them later

Always remember with these strategies, there is a lot of risk involved. Don’t spend what you can’t afford and don’t take the risk without research. I’m not sure i would actually recommend any of them without a lot of knowledge, and the people with the knowledge aren’t going to share.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    51 - Wrapup

A Few things:

I don’t care about gear score and neither should you! The only thing that matters is team effectiveness, so there are ways to increase your GS, yet get worse and also decrease your gear score and get better. Always do what makes you play best and not what inflates your GS!

I don’t care about paingiver and neither should you! There are so many errors in how this is calculated, particularly with smolder and tyrannical threat, making the SW look like she is doing more damage than she is and the MoF look like she is doing less damage than she is.
    Secondly paingiver does not count buff, debuff, control, teamwork, etc, all of which are extremely important.
    Therefore the paingiver charts are so crude they are essentially meaningless. I would do my best to ignore them.

Remember - the combination of skill, teamwork, and a good build will win anytime over those idiots who inflate their gearscore and pump their chest. You shouldn’t be intimidated or admire such people, you should laugh at them. Freely.

tumblr_ncannp3XyU1tj8o3do4_1280.jpg

I just want to say, thank everyone for reading. Hopefully this was helpful. Feel free to leave note and constructive comments. Flaming or trolling will be met with heads, spikes and walls. Thank you, until next time.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    52 - Reserved for Future Additions
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    53 - Reserved for Future Additions
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    54 - Updates

Updated note on AP bonus to artifact OH - 11/16
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Great guide, thank you for putting this together! I'll probably respec my CW soon and make further tweaks to the powers I keep slotted.

Also, I can PDF this for you if you email me the source file. I'll PM you my address.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    weapon enchant: I don't understand how you decided that both terror (20% debuff) and gpf (45% debuff) are the same 24% dps
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    weapon enchant: I don't understand how you decided that both terror (20% debuff) and gpf (45% debuff) are the same 24% dps

ok. So first of all you should understand how these things work.

On players i believe they work exactly as they say - effecting their defensive stat. Hence if you hit a player with 5k defense with a terror enchantment, that player now has 4k defense for the next five seconds.

However mobs do not have a defensive stat, rather they have a simple damage resistance. So actually every spell that says "lower defense" does not lower their defense, but rather it acts as a damage buff. So terror is 4% more damage and GPF is 3% more damage per stack.

Thirdly terror is one stack for 5 seconds, where as for GPF each stack lasts 3 seconds. So this means a full terror debuff you have to hit them once every five seconds, whereas a full GPF debuff you have to hit them once every second.

Practically, a CW will hit every mob in her AOE once every five seconds, but nowhere near once every second. The thought players common have of keeping 3 stacks of GPF with regularity is not truth, rather it is an optimistic delusion. Of course, no one should blame anyone for this mistake, as it is the kind of mistake humans are prone to make.

In reality, the average number of stacks of GPF up on most mobs is somewhere between 1 and 2.

Hence, in reality, terror will at like a 4% damage buff with 100% uptime. GPF will act like a variable damage buff - 0% to 9% depending on how often you hit the mobs - with an average somewhere between 3% and 6%. Hence the reality is that the two buffs end up being essentially the same.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    ok. So first of all you should understand how these things work.

On players i believe they work exactly as they say - effecting their defensive stat. Hence if you hit a player with 5k defense with a terror enchantment, that player now has 4k defense for the next five seconds.

However mobs do not have a defensive stat, rather they have a simple damage resistance. So actually every spell that says "lower defense" does not lower their defense, but rather it acts as a damage buff. So terror is 4% more damage and GPF is 3% more damage per stack.

Thirdly terror is one stack for 5 seconds, where as for GPF each stack lasts 3 seconds. So this means a full terror debuff you have to hit them once every five seconds, whereas a full GPF debuff you have to hit them once every second.

Practically, a CW will hit every mob in her AOE once every five seconds, but nowhere near once every second. The thought players common have of keeping 3 stacks of GPF with regularity is not truth, rather it is an optimistic delusion. Of course, no one should blame anyone for this mistake, as it is the kind of mistake humans are prone to make.

In reality, the average number of stacks of GPF up on most mobs is somewhere between 1 and 2.

Hence, in reality, terror will at like a 4% damage buff with 100% uptime. GPF will act like a variable damage buff - 0% to 9% depending on how often you hit the mobs - with an average somewhere between 3% and 6%. Hence the reality is that the two buffs end up being essentially the same.

yeah i know that on mobs they actually work like bonus dmg independent by arpen
    I used to have a g plague on my cw (I've been using p light all mod4 and i will mod5, it's just amazingly good) and i didn't have any problem keeping 3 stack on target sice start to the end of fight, but you are right on the stack uptime for the other classes, maybe cw and sw are the only 2 that can keep 3 stacks up (pf combat hr too)
    also hitting the mob refreshes pf so you are always at 3% bonus minimum while terror is not refreshed by dmg, you will have a gap from when it expire to when is applied again
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    yeah i know that on mobs they actually work like bonus dmg independent by arpen
    I used to have a g plague on my cw (I've been using p light all mod4 and i will mod5, it's just amazingly good) and i didn't have any problem keeping 3 stack on target sice start to the end of fight, but you are right on the stack uptime for the other classes, maybe cw and sw are the only 2 that can keep 3 stacks up (pf combat hr too)
    also hitting the mob refreshes pf so you are always at 3% bonus minimum while terror is not refreshed by dmg, you will have a gap from when it expire to when is applied again

Well, obviously if you are on dummies or in some situations where you don't have to dodge you can keep 3 stacks up easy, but in actually gameplay that isn't what happens.

Also even if you keep 3 stacks on some targets you don't keep 3 stacks on EVERYTHING. However a terror will have essentially 100% uptime. That's the difference between the two. As far as i have ever seen, the practical impact of them is about the same.

Another advantage is that terror and plaguefire stack and plaguefire is popular (it should be, it's great AND cheap).

Of course it's spectacular man, GPF is one of the best enchants in this game. It's good on every class.

Now with SW, i tried GPF on her and while 3 stacks with deadtheft, otherwise the SW attack rate is slow and you spend a good amount of time dodging, so I really couldn't keep stacks up. I since switch to P.Vorpal on my SW with great results.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Well, obviously if you are on dummies or in some situations where you don't have to dodge you can keep 3 stacks up easy, but in actually gameplay that isn't what happens.

Also even if you keep 3 stacks on some targets you don't keep 3 stacks on EVERYTHING. However a terror will have essentially 100% uptime. That's the difference between the two. As far as i have ever seen, the practical impact of them is about the same.

Another advantage is that terror and plaguefire stack and plaguefire is popular (it should be, it's great AND cheap).

Of course it's spectacular man, GPF is one of the best enchants in this game. It's good on every class.

Now with SW, i tried GPF on her and while 3 stacks with deadtheft, otherwise the SW attack rate is slow and you spend a good amount of time dodging, so I really couldn't keep stacks up. I since switch to P.Vorpal on my SW with great results.

oh well, i guess it's based on experience
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That's...wow...pretty comprehensive. Now that everything's posted, I would definitely go back and add links to the table of contents, so people can quickly navigate it.

This is more of a GUIDE TO EVERYTHING (FOR THOSE WHO PLAY A CW) more than anything else. I applaud your efforts.

I'm playing on toying around with Spellstorm Renegade after Module 5, Chem. As of now, I'm going to assume all the CW changes are going to Live as is, and I'm doing some more testing today, and will test a few things out "live fire" next week. I'd be happy to share my ideas with you in the coming weeks to help flesh out the Spellstorm sections.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You really put some serious work into this, kudos!

Overall I think Thauma will play a minor role in Mod5. So far my tests indicate that Renegade is already very competitive to Thauma in the Paingiver and I mean who wouldn't take that group utility for basically free. Thauma should remain the best DPS tree if you have reliable source of CA, but in PVE there is no way to bypass Renegade now (although that +30% dmg capstone is still up too often and could be fixed in the future).

I'm going to give MoF a harder look when they decide to nerf/rework Storm Spell, especially since EotS is no longer the BiS class feature. But it's hard to dodge a power that's contributing like 40% of your overall DPS. In most cases that's better than giving the group a 15% debuff.

I also think you can safely discard some power for defense. With the new stuff in Mod 5 you can have well above 37k HP, 10k Power and get your defense up to that 2k. Then I'm gonna see whether I'll be adding more Combat Advantage Damage or Action Point Gain. It's simply switching Lantern/Book of the Dead and the Offhand Artifact Power.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hey zerg -

Links in content are good idea! I forget how to link to individual posts, rather than pages :) Someone remind me how to do that?

Lobo - I have 30k HP and 2.4k def. My stat theory says i should move some of that def into HP. though I don't think I should go below 2k. There's a good discussion of this in my stat theory post (see the compendium for links).

As for mod 5 - Yes I think the renegade tree is superior. IT is less damage than thaum but more team damage for sure. I think we will see a lot more renegades - now remember that nightmare wizardry and chaos magic don't stack so multiple renegades have diminishing returns in a party.

Also remember that smolder is about the same DPS as stormspell! It's just one is burst and one is DoT, but I do HUGE amounts of smolder damage. You aren't losing actual personal damage it just looks that way. You can see the MoF v. SS thread as to why. So that 15% team DPS buff is probably better.

But again multiple MoFs don't stack so there is no reason to have more than one :D This is among the reasons why different kinds of CWs work great together.

I'm staying thaum, even if it's a bit weaker. Several reasons. The main one is that my playstyle is best suited to MoF/Thaum for sure. Secondly I don't have the artifacts/pets to optimize renegade and if RP is more expensive i might be broke often :D.

That said many people are switching to renegade. I am very glad we are getting more build diversity.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Like that, Chem...You can work on the other 50 some links :) If you just click on the post number, it will take you to that post. You can copy the link and include it in the guide so people can zip to exactly the post they want to read...after they read the entire thing once, right? ;)

And I agree. I think having different types of CW's in the party is going to be a great boon to everyone.

A Thaum MoF plus a Renegade Spellstorm could probably do some nasty stuff together :cool:
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Links in content are good idea! I forget how to link to individual posts, rather than pages :) Someone remind me how to do that?

The number of the post is the linkable item.

• Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nice work Chem, as allways.
    You should put "encyclopedia" somewhere :D

As I pmd to you, I think is a bit early to make a mod 5 "optimiced build", some things arent still well tested, but I am sure you will be updating, and the rest of the guide is perfectly up to date

Keep the good job!!
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Also remember that smolder is about the same DPS as stormspell! It's just one is burst and one is DoT, but I do HUGE amounts of smolder damage. You aren't losing actual personal damage it just looks that way. You can see the MoF v. SS thread as to why. So that 15% team DPS buff is probably better.

Storm Spell is no burst damage. With the changes to M5 people are going to be using Chilling Presence over EotS and Storm Spell is actually a very reliable source of critting damage. Here's my latest parse from the test shard:

PHiuwZs.jpg

I get your reasoning though and we can agree that in the right group setup MoF overall adds more damage. But with that absurd amount of damage Storm Spell is generating and the uncertainty PUG play brings, it's probably closer to a draw between situations where you generate more DPS by maximizing personal damage and generating more DPS by buffing others with the 15% MoF debuff.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Storm Spell is no burst damage. With the changes to M5 people are going to be using Chilling Advantage over EotS and Storm Spell is actually a very reliable source of critting damage.

You mean Chilling presence I think. I got very good results with Chilling presence and Storm Spell.
    In my tests, chillign advantage is not raising my crit, I hope they can fix it soon.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    You mean Chilling presence I think. I got very good results with Chilling presence and Storm Spell.
    In my tests, chillign advantage is not raising my crit, I hope they can fix it soon.

Yeah Chilling Presence that is. It's better than the M4 EotS + Storm Spell according to my tests as well. And yes, we're still missing that 10% crit from the Renegade feat.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah Chilling Presence that is. It's better than the M4 EotS + Storm Spell according to my tests as well. And yes, we're still missing that 10% crit from the Renegade feat.

This may be true. I'm going to wait for more information before i upload that though.

it's the EotS + SS that makes spellstorm so bursty.

However, EotS is very good, is CP better? I'm not sure. Also remember that you would have to have a) a int/charisma roll and b) a decent crit stat to make that setup work. with EotS you can run a low crit build and be fine still.

I don't think it's obvious yet. Once people like you guys have run more dungeons in mod 5, we might have more info and i will update the guide to reflect the data.

Thanks so much for the tests. I've already done a ton of testing and you know I might want to... play the game? XD
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've been dumping data into excel but have to pull the numbers out manually (well, using LEFT and RIGHT functions).. do you have an easier way to capture the numbers out of all the combat log text? And thanks!
    Storm Spell is no burst damage. With the changes to M5 people are going to be using Chilling Presence over EotS and Storm Spell is actually a very reliable source of critting damage. Here's my latest parse from the test shard:

PHiuwZs.jpg

I get your reasoning though and we can agree that in the right group setup MoF overall adds more damage. But with that absurd amount of damage Storm Spell is generating and the uncertainty PUG play brings, it's probably closer to a draw between situations where you generate more DPS by maximizing personal damage and generating more DPS by buffing others with the 15% MoF debuff.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    That program is called Advanced Combat Tracker and there's a plugin for NWO.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    with EotS you can run a low crit build and be fine still.

This is a point I disagree on, as well. I think this is a big reason why you seem to think that Spellstorms fall flat when EotS is on cooldown.

I 100% advocate that even Spellstorms build for high crit. I'm not worried about the 100% crit rate when EotS is up. I worry about my crits for the 20 seconds when EotS is on cooldown.

But to that point, I think Chilling Presence and Storm Spell are going to be the new hotness in Module 5. If they can get the feat for CP working right, that should bring my unbuffed crit north of 50%. When you factor in group buffs, there's not need for EotS
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

You got good results from having Chilling Presence slotted? Isn't the feat associated with it not working at the moment?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    This is a point I disagree on, as well. I think this is a big reason why you seem to think that Spellstorms fall flat when EotS is on cooldown.

I 100% advocate that even Spellstorms build for high crit. I'm not worried about the 100% crit rate when EotS is up. I worry about my crits for the 20 seconds when EotS is on cooldown.

But to that point, I think Chilling Presence and Storm Spell are going to be the new hotness in Module 5. If they can get the feat for CP working right, that should bring my unbuffed crit north of 50%. When you factor in group buffs, there's not need for EotS

Well, that's a good point too. I really debate on this point about efficency. Wis vs. charisma. How much crit should a SS have? what's more efficient? I waffle on it a lot.

Obviously critting is very important for CW, but with EotS, you have this massive burst so you shouldn't need as much the right of the time, right? and that crit rate isn't helpful during EotS.

Now obviously if people are using chilling presence, then the argument is moot and we would build MoF and SS more or less the same.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    For what it's worth I did three tests on sustained damage on the preview server as a Thaumaturge:

Eye of the Storm + Storm Spell
    Eye of the Storm + Chilling Presence
    Storm Spell + Chilling Presence

I found that all three configurations do comparable damage. If I had to make an educated guess I would bet that Eye of the Storm + Storm Spell would still do the most damage through a dungeon run because the initial burst will destroy most everything. Chill Stacks won't have much time to build up before things die. However, I'd bet that on bosses one of the configurations that uses Chilling Presence will come out on top since it will give a constant 36% damage boost as chill stacks are constantly held at 6 on bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ratjamratjam Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Awesome guide and very interesting as usual, I admire your dedication to the game and to the class, Chem.
    Dunno about you guys, but i hate eots becouse of its proc rate after the first proc, despite the 20sec cd it should have, I find it so random, sometimes i have to wait god knows how much to cast a daily while other times it proc a "couple" of seconds right after first proc. But of course as a SS/Tau I "have" to keep it slotted. Now I really want to go rene in mod5 couse I miss nightmare wizardry too much and I really hope chilling presence is going to be good (with working feat too) so I can unslot that **** eots once and for all :p
    Please keep this guide updated couse im going to check here for serious news/opinions, many thanks :D
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    ratjam wrote: »
    Awesome guide and very interesting as usual, I admire your dedication to the game and to the class, Chem.
    Dunno about you guys, but i hate eots becouse of its proc rate after the first proc, despite the 20sec cd it should have, I find it so random, sometimes i have to wait god knows how much to cast a daily while other times it proc a "couple" of seconds right after first proc. But of course as a SS/Tau I "have" to keep it slotted. Now I really want to go rene in mod5 couse I miss nightmare wizardry too much and I really hope chilling presence is going to be good (with working feat too) so I can unslot that **** eots once and for all :p
    Please keep this guide updated couse im going to check here for serious news/opinions, many thanks :D

One of the reasons i love playing MoF (and there are many) is for this too. I don't like EotS. It messes with timing and positioning. I just want to cast the "Best" spell at the moment, not wait for EotS to proc. It drove me nuts.

I think SS/Renegade is going to be good. I hope CP bug is fixed when it hits live, but we won't know for sure until then.