test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Message Regarding Neverwinter: Elemental Evil

Comments

• overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We are aware that mistakes were made with this release, and for that I would like to apologize. We understand the frustration and are actively working to make positive adjustments. Things won’t change immediately, but they will improve over time. Thank you for understanding and giving me the time to help identify and address the issues important to the community.

This is huge really. Everyone makes mistakes but acknowledging mistakes and making a clear effort to correct them is all we can ask of anyone.

A double xp WEEK. wow.
  • baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A modest list of comments and suggestions in the Great Wall Of Text below.

1. Mod 6 is somewhat cluttered with continuity disconnects.
    • A good example is getting eternal gear to level through the content with.
    • Due to the nature of the hard hitting NPCs in the new zones, eternal gear is preferred to level with.
    • Eternal gear is from a vendor in Well of Dragons , and maybe in protector enclave as well?
    • The disconnect is as follows...
    • --> You need 20k AD's, 15 Dragon Fangs, 50 dragon coins and 5 gold to get each item.
    • --> the AD's, the dragon coins, and the 5 gold are attainable enough.
    • --> the 15 dragon fangs per item are not so easily gotten.
    • --> the mobs hit you too blasted hard, like you owe them money or somesuch.
    • --> they are only given by completing the weekly well of dragons quest or the dailies that occur in WoD.
    • --> Forget completing any of the mini-boss dungeon dailies as a ranked up level 70 from level 60.
    • --> also don't bother completing any of the kill quests
    • ===> exception noted on kill quests for gwf, TR(?), and combat HR.
    • --> that leaves 3 maybe 4 quests you can complete to get dragons fangs, meaning unless volatile potion, lay of the land, zentarim spies, or thayan garments quests are up.. you may as well pass on getting fangs that day.

]Thus, it is a catch 22. You need the eternal gear to survive, but cannot get the eternal gear as you cannot live long enough to complete quests in solo mode.

2. In dread ring, sharandar, iwd, and well of dragons.. all the mobs and NPC's either hit too hard, crit all the time, ignore damage resistance, or combination of the previous.
    • I've seen powries cut through a GF shield like it was not there
    • Seen a cw shield get eaten in 2 secs by ice trolls in IWD
    • Seen a gwf loose 2/3 of health while using spinning strike on thayan servitors in dread ring, .. and on and on.
    • Some accommodation has to be made to allow for "ranked-to-70" level 60+ to simply survive in said zones, Or maybe change the zones to be level 70 access only..

3. The rewards for completing the first 3 expansion zones (drowned shore, reclamation rock, fiery pit) do seem a bit understated/weak.
    • Pants.. for completing drowned shore..?
    • Maybe a blue leveling item that would stand the player in good stead for the rest of the trek to 70..
    • Say a ring/neck/belt combo that work together like xvim set does.. only with say a temp HP boost?

4. I would also ask that the health of the well of dragons heralds be looked it.
    • Right now, only the first herald attacked, usually white, get close to being killed.
    • And that is only about 50% of the time.
    • Granted, kill ratio's will increase as people slog thru and get better gear
    • But... but an increasing number will decide not to bother with heralds given how excruciatingly brutal they are now.

5. Lastly take a hard look at implementation of the epic dungeons.
    • I've run Lair of Lostmauth and Valindra's temple as a level 70, ilvl 2200 swordmaster GWF and 68k health.
    • I an decently good at dodging red stuff.
    • I still used over 30 injury kits and close to 60 pots.. with a heal DC in the group
    • It is not so much how hard the NPC's hit, just the sheer number of thayan blade swingers and fugly cat creatures that glomm onto you at once.
    • If the NPCs attacks are to remain that hard, mayhaps reduce number of added mobs by say 10 %.
    • I only present the 10% suggestion as a point of discussion, not a hard required item.

Thank you for your consideration, and hard blasted work on my favorite game!!
  • jiinksjiinks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We are aware that mistakes were made with this release, and for that I would like to apologize. We understand the frustration and are actively working to make positive adjustments. Things won’t change immediately, but they will improve over time. Thank you for understanding and giving me the time to help identify and address the issues important to the community.

This is huge really.
    . . .

Yes, this made an impact on me, too.
  • winterqueen90winterqueen90 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    MOD 6 SUMMERY

New Artifact Gear/ Same Old Enchants With Higher Ranks/ New and Old Artifacts With Higher Ranks = 30 - 40 million Refine Points.

So, Mod 6 = 30-40 mil RP. nothing more..deal with it...
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Hmm. Now I have a question. Now that I've done the grind with one character and gotten the various 16/16 vigilance rewards, I've concluded that I don't really need them if I already have Draconic Templar -- though Eternal is still needed one hitting 70, but that's a separate issue.

So, my question is, is it possible to get the artifact mainhand and offhand at the end of the EE campaign without doing all 192 quests? Last week we were all wondering about it in guild chat and no one knew. That would *really* make the double-XP event useful.

You can, without doing any of the new quests, get both the offhand and mainhand at 70. Even before you are 70. The MH ToD campaign task and the Linu vendor. Technically a new player could buy it all. Dragon coffers for linu and mats for the task. (youd still have to have campaign done up to that point though which I a new player wouldnt have)
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • tatersalad77tatersalad77 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I understand there's a lot of issues to be gone thru. Will you please add fix the mobile gateway for chrome to your list so i may log on to sword coast once again. It has been down for months on my android phone. Also add kings daily again. Right now there's no reason for anyone to set foot into foundry's.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    baeyorn wrote: »
    Thus, it is a catch 22. You need the eternal gear to survive, but cannot get the eternal gear as you cannot live long enough to complete a quests in solo mode.

In dread ring, sharandar, iwd, and well of dragons.. all the mobs and NPC's either hit too hard, crit all the time, ignore damage resistance, or combination of the previous. I've powries cut through a GF shield like it was not there, seen a cw shield get eaten in 2 secs, seen a gwf loos 2/3 of health while using spinning strike, .. and on and on. Some accommodation has to be made to allow for "ranked-to-70" level 60+ to simply survive in said zones..

Every bit of that is a valid concern, but there is also one that goes along with it: depending on your build, even Eternal gear isn't nearly enough to let you survive in a place like WoD.

As an "acid test" I took my level-70 HR to WoD to do some dailies. She has insane levels of gear: iLvl was 3194 (at the time), three mythic artifacts, one legendary artifact, 79k HP, Eternal armor, R10 and R11 enchantments, legendary Lathander cloak and belt (and mythic Lathander artifact), the works. She's geared to Hades and gone -- and gets annihilated by measly black dragonwings. The problem is, she's an archer Stormwarden. It *should* be as viable a build as any other, yet I've lost count of the number of times people have said to me, "just respec to Trapper". If the difficulty is so over-the-top and/or so unforgiving that certain legitimate builds aren't viable at all, that *should* be a problem worth fixing.

Opinions differ, but mine is that the combination of multiple hits to survivability (the regen one being my pet peeve by far) and multiple buffs to PvE enemies has driven all but a select few ways of playing into unviability. It simply *couldn't* have ended well and really needs to be addressed.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • kenvoggkenvogg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Please fix Dragon Hoard Enchantments so actual drop rates match promised drop rates...all the time. And make my eldritch runestone actually provide a bonus from my ioun stone companion. And oh yeah, I'd like to be able to play solo, as well as actually beat a dungeon again.

That's about it I guess...
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "We are aware that mistakes were made with this release, and for that I would like to apologize. We understand the frustration and are actively working to make positive adjustments. Things won’t change immediately, but they will improve over time. Thank you for understanding and giving me the time to help identify and address the issues important to the community."

This is huge really. Everyone makes mistakes but acknowledging mistakes and making a clear effort to correct them is all we can ask of anyone.

I too appreciate this comment. It shows that they are taking our feedback seriously. Clear lines of communication are integral to any business model. Hopefully this type of communication can continue, keeping players updated and heard.

Kudos community managers / devs.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • arcalagonarcalagon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Haven't seen any direct responses about the sw problems in mod 6, thought I'd mention it.

As a class, the sw relies disproportionately on lifesteal when compared with other classes. I understand that the system was apparently broken, and everybody was using it to survive instead of other means. Sw needs it. Perfect example would be Warlock's Bargain, a power that sacrifices 15% of your health to lifesteal over time the target, while increasing damage resist and redirecting a % of damage you take to your target. Pre mod 6, this amounts to a temporary set back to ensure less damage taken and a heal over time effect. Post mod 6, you sacrifice 15% of your health (too scarce as it is already) to deal negligible damage and have your increased resistance ignored because of higher armor pen. You no longer really even heal off of it, because any lifesteal you would get is just on one tic of damage, rather than a chance to steal health off the whole dot effect. This power no longer works. The only real replacement for it is vampiric embrace, which I now MUST have slotted to survive. I should be able to slot any powers and just change my play style to fit. Some are considered better by various people, and the community even has general consensus on which you should run, but there needs to be flexibility and individual adaptation. I commited blasphemy by never running Tyrannical Threat. :) I'm a rebel that way. Good game design meant I could swap it for something I liked better and still thrive.

I also have no idea how to make a legitimate build. Temptation 'locks are supposed to be fully geared for lifesteal to heal their teammates, and now the stat is useless (yeah I know they buffed tempt cap. Still don't think I should HAVE to have that slotted). Fury 'locks just had their cap nerfed by 40% (imagine tr having 40% less stealth/ 40% less crit, GF taking 40% more dmg while shielding, CW control reduced, DC divine power/healing cut, or another equivalent) and are no longer the powerhouse they used to be. Damnation 'locks would be the most tempting to me right now, but the puppets die so fast you may as well not have them. The entire class (last one released before pally) has now become irrelevant and inadequate.

I also think that lifesteal's programming is broken. Simply put, I don't heal off it as often as I should at 14% chance to proc it.

I main sw and even outside of the problems with mod 6 grind/mobs I don't enjoy playing her anymore. Each class has their unique awesomness that makes them what they are. TR's can one shot in pvp, and it's AWESOME (for them;) ) GF can sit on a boss and laugh at attemps to damage them, and it's AWESOME! (especially for their team) SW is supposed to MELT FREAKIN FACE OFF MOBS!!! and can't anymore...
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    --- SUGGESTION FOR PVP DROPS ---

Please we are begging for MONTHS, we want refinements as reward in pvp. it will attract more players to it, i will start matchmaking finally working, players will be happy and spend dollars

We are at ovehaul module, can we please finally adress it? Can i get an answer, the promise you investigate it? pvp community begging for this for months, really now is the last chance to get devs attention i thought
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh you only just took over? I can understand that there is a lot of work ahead of you. Good luck with that, thanks for the double xp week, I see that as a sign of good will!
  • blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Would also like to point at my poor temptation warlock and mention they could do with some love – I have never spent so much on injury kits – don’t really need healing kits as normally dead before I get to use them!

Have played a paladin up to level 64 and am enjoying the build – he almost made it through Ghost Story yesterday on his own. He had to team up to get through the whole of the level though (couldn’t get anywhere near the mob in the last tower before the stairs down to the last mob) and that felt less rewarding as most people seem to love to run.

Overall I’m sort of OK with the difficulty (could be toned down a bit) BUT not the amount of grinding that EE offers and feel (atm) less inclined to level up my other 3 characters.
  • goatsharkgoatshark Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Concidering that this from the new guy in the office, I'll hold my praise one way or the other, until if and when we see any changes... especially on the communication front. Or will this be the last that we hear from him?

I hope this isn't the last you'll hear from me; I just got here! :)

That said, communication back out to you all will come from a variety of places. Sometimes that will be from me, other times it will come from different members of the team.

Regardless of the source, we want to improve communication.

Also, and only because it was mentioned earlier in this thread, I too am hyped about the new Muppet Show. The original Muppet Movie (yes, the one from the 70s) is still one of my top 5, all-time favorites.

-Scott
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "We are aware that mistakes were made with this release, and for that I would like to apologize. We understand the frustration and are actively working to make positive adjustments. Things won’t change immediately, but they will improve over time. Thank you for understanding and giving me the time to help identify and address the issues important to the community."

Impressed. I'm ok with that, if it's a bug - wrong enchant, not working skills etc. Then We can wait month (for some tweaks we are waiting 2 years). But game breaking issues should be fixed IMMEDIETALLY. Even not - next maintanance, just NOW.

Economy in this game is even more sick than in EU. You can't wait with fixing real issues influencing on economy so slowly. How long did you know about resonanse stones bugs till you fixed it. I would multiply examples.

regards
    ps. And fix this Gf shield. 100% DR !! ;)
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    First: Thank you for letting us know the current situation on Neverwinter.

Please take a look to the GWF Class, We have been waiting more than enough to see finally an Improvement,
    weeks, months have passed and still nothing,

The past Modules have only been Reducing our performance continually-
    ...These buffs will not make it for launch, but should go live roughly 2 weeks after launch...
    ...We believe these buffs should help improve PVP performance significantly without upsetting the PVE balance greatly.
    Thank you all for your continued feedback.
    Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

- Unstoppable need an improvement
    Many Skills can ignore it, the immune to control effect doesn't work!.
    Compared to CW-Shield are our Unstoppable a tiny shield,not constant and we losing DR over time.

- Our DR/DR% need a higher value

The overall DR reduction, was for us especially a Really Pain-Hit. (close-Melee)
    It's not acceptable that "Piercing Damage" Can ignore our DR completely,
    Our Class / GWF-Build is based to DR, with all this ignores from DR are we near useless.

seriously,How is it possible than a Ranged Class got a Better survivability than us (Gwf),
    I's not acceptable, We have to Run always before we actually can attack.

At the meanwhile all enemies players already attacking us, they using 2-3 Encounter or a immediately a Daily at FIRST.
    We have to accept all the Dmg always at first, But with our currently DR / Defense and Unstoppable is it Not possible.
    Ranged Classes Shoot us down from the distance, without giving us a chance to counter.

..we are continuing to fix bugs and improve the overall quality of life.

Thank you for that, Hope to see an improvement.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • traxsutraxsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2015
    Many of the companions which were lifesteal based like the Acolyte of Kelemvor were nerfed significantly in Module 6. Is there any chance to examine said companions and modify the way in which they operate so that they are still useful?

I abandoned mine for a Lillend for example, and would still like to use the Acolyte considering I spent some zen and upgraded its rank as well and it's now sadly useless.

Thanks.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Do whatever you want with solo content but please keep the same difficulty for max lvl dungeons (even with the not yet released ones). The game has been made easier too many times in the past, resulting in a general feeling of boredom. I've stopped playing several times due to that. I've solo most of the former T2 dungeons before module 6, and that was supposed to be endgame group content. What's the point of playing such a game, really? If you plan to make everything easier, please let us know, I'll be the first one not to log-in again. I don't like false promises and making the game feel like in beta/mod 1 was the purpose of the update. Now I don't mind about solo content and lairs in campaign areas, but dungeons should, for the most part, remain untouched, even if some minor adjustments could be done to a couple of bosses at most (like the final boss in cragmire and GWD, but that's it).

Other games have several tiers of content. If you just nerf carelessly the most difficult content in game so that new players in lvl 70 greens can do anything, then this isn't a game for everyone: this is a game meant to attract new players only and showing the door to veterans (or even people who used the cash shop to get there faster). That's the feeling I had in modules 3/4/5. Is that what you meant? People playing for more than six months should leave?

Zone re-use. Please stop it. I know artists time isn't cheap but seeing the same places used 3 or 4 times with a couple of props removed or changed is ridiculous. The amounts of maps recycling makes me wonder if neverwinter is about to enter maintenance mode soon. :)

Also, since we have the lead design here (thanks for dropping by!) could you please take a look at the pvp stores? Once you get your gear, there are zero reasons to play pvp again, except for the fun of accumulating useless currencies. Since this game is a refinment simulator, maybe more suitable rewards could be found?

Final note: legendary loot almost equivalent to fully refined artifact equipment in dungeons. When? I'm tired of seeing that every single update adds more and more refining, meaning I have to focus all of my gaming time on that if I want to go anywhere. That's boring.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Considering the ridiculous amount of rp needed to reach legendary quality on artefact gear, please consider unlocking the the second and third enchantment slots ar lower quality. For example the weapon enchantment slots at rare, and the offensive/defensive slot at legendary.
    People are so caught up with their dissatisfaction with module 6 that they forgot what end game is now, and that's grinding for rp. No matter how grindy some Asian MMOs are, it's no excuse for NW.
    This module we were straight up given the off hand just for reaching the level cap. No work, no questing, no effort of any kind, just "Here you go! Now go grind for rp!" That's poor design imo. The main part should be the questing and adventuring in a game that's supposed to be based on D&D.
    At this point it's clear as day that the entire game is revolving around a ridiculously long grind that's supposed to push us into buying RP from the cash shop. Is this your "vision of the game"?
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • traxsutraxsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2015

I have T3 black ice armor and do reasonably well in the first two campaigns, but IWD and WoD are very difficult without dying many times. If I upgrade any armor to the new black ice sets, I mainly see a significant increase in HP but not much else in the way of useful stats. I could only imagine the frustration new or under geared players face for gearing up without having to be carried through the end tier dungeons. I can understand that dungeons should be hard, but leveling areas and dailies should be solo friendly along with something to work for (similar to the pre mod 6 play style). To date it is not in the 60-70 tier. Why? What happened?

A side note to this, not only is the grind to black ice unrealistic when it comes to the gear it provides. A person can get a full 137 item level PVP set for significantly less black ice with much stronger stats then the new blue set. Additionally black ice armor sets used to offer a damage resistance to the NPC's in the zones, this was removed entirely in this patch making Icewind NPC's destroy players, what was once a 2-3 man content heroic now takes upwards of ten.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    traxsu wrote: »
    A side note to this, not only is the grind to black ice unrealistic when it comes to the gear it provides. A person can get a full 137 item level PVP set for significantly less black ice with much stronger stats then the new blue set. Additionally black ice armor sets used to offer a damage resistance to the NPC's in the zones, this was removed entirely in this patch making Icewind NPC's destroy players, what was once a 2-3 man content heroic now takes upwards of ten.

The only complaints about difficulty come from people who don't want to get the new gear with more hit points. OF COURSE you're going to struggle if you don't get up to 80-100k hit points. When you have that gear heroic encounters can be done solo again, even in icewind dale. And yes I did it...
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    The only complaints about difficulty come from people who don't want to get the new gear with more hit points. OF COURSE you're going to struggle if you don't get up to 80-100k hit points. When you have that gear heroic encounters can be done solo again, even in icewind dale. And yes I did it...

100% sign.

Only thing i have to say about feedback:
    PLLLZZZZZZ make a double RP event...that will help a lot players incl. the players complaining about "i cant stand mod 6".

• izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The main thing that needs to be done is to add more new content. Recall that the players have access to the Foundry, and so we know exactly how much effort was put into this last module. I even noticed that some of the few new objects are based on freeware models.
    If resources for new stuff is low on your end, taking some of Eldarth's advice for Foundry could be a cheap way to extend the game.
    edited April 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Hmm. Now I have a question. Now that I've done the grind with one character and gotten the various 16/16 vigilance rewards, I've concluded that I don't really need them if I already have Draconic Templar -- though Eternal is still needed one hitting 70, but that's a separate issue.

So, my question is, is it possible to get the artifact mainhand and offhand at the end of the EE campaign without doing all 192 quests? Last week we were all wondering about it in guild chat and no one knew. That would *really* make the double-XP event useful.

You can grind experience to 70 --- at 70 you get the offhand automatically.

After that you'd only need to do the tyranny of dragons campaign for the artifact weapon, it gives the level 70 main hand.

I should note currently, that I did all of the vigilance quests with my main character. But given that this method appears far easier, and faster I'm not sure that the clearing zone rewards are adequate.

--- Eternal Gear for 15 fangs is superior to the zone clearing rewards, if you made the clearing zone rewards more adequate then players might be more motivated to do the vigilance rather then just doing dailies in other zones to get 70.
    baeyorn wrote: »
    A modest list of comments and suggestions in the Great Wall Of Text below.
    5. Lastly take a hard look at implementation of the epic dungeons.

I've run Lair of Lostmauth and Valindra's temple as a level 70, ilvl 2200 swordmaster GWF and 68k health.
    I an decently good at dodging red stuff.
    I still used over 30 injury kits and close to 60 pots.. with a heal DC in the group
    It is not so much how hard the NPC's hit, just the sheer number of thayan blade swingers and fugly cat creatures that glomm onto you at once.
    If the NPCs attacks are to remain that hard, mayhaps reduce number of added mobs by say 10 %.
    I only present the 10% suggestion as a point of discussion, not a hard required item.

Pretty much nailed my thoughts right here, I've been burning through gold chugging potions and healing kits with my character.
  • b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    GWF issues feedback

- Weapon master is NON-ACTIVE when ranked to level four. The GWF NEEDS this power. Every GWF. It is one of the few good passive powers (GWF has only about 4 useable passives) and most GWF have their off-hand bonus linked to it for more crit chance. Please fix this!!! ASAP!

- All GWF daily powers deal no damage. Please compare the damage with Oppressing Force or others... GWF is a damage dealer!!!
    - The announced GWF balance update (Determination, DPS, Defense... ?) ...
    - All GWF encounter powers except IBS that are for DPS are way too weak. Example: Mighty Leap -> wet noodle. Grand Fissure -> hello? any effect?
    - Reaping Strike is not working... not a bit... the idea to charge Determination while having high damage resist is NOT WORKING.

General issues:
    - A dev feedback about Resistance Ignored from mobs against players would be NICE. Stacking def was never sexy but it would be totally useless now...
    - Any plans for companion active bonuses? My +300 power pets are DEAD. And my Dancing Blade is jealous about my Erinye. Is this diff intended?
    - CW DPS is too high. As usual. Oppressing Force is rendering all DPS classes useless.
    - Barkskin HP are fixed and not %-bound to max HP. Dead end.

//Bellistor
  • vordraxianvordraxian Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Elemental Evil content is both overwhelming and tedious. There are a bazillion quests in each zone, but it limits me to how many I can take. The result is that I grab 4 random quests that aren't necessarily anywhere near each other, then have to keep trekking back to get new ones, often running through the very areas that the new ones will be in, and missing opportunities I would have had to complete those quests if I'd been allowed to accept them rather than being limited to four. But with four new zones and about 100 quests a day in each zone, I've kind of just given up. It's not clear to me what getting to level 70 does for me (my main should get there in the next day or so), and it's not clear to me what the new "ultimate" equipment was - it used to be the Dragon main and off-hand artifacts, plus T2 purple gear. What it is now I have literally no idea. Is my old lvl 60 Dragon scepter still viable at lvl 70, or is there some other item I'm supposed to be busting my *** to get? Or am I supposed to be busting my *** to get that old scepter leveled up to Legendary quality (yeah right) or mythic quality (not happening) by feeding it an endless supply of green and occasionally blue items and whatever refinement stones I can scrape up? Because that's boring as hell, too - I got some items on my primary characters up to Epic and swore I'd never even try to go beyond that, as it's just too frustrating. There must be some secret to it that I'm missing because I'd see people with 25k gear scores (back when there used to be gear scores - I have no idea what I'm supposed to make of Item Scores now), but what they did to get there is beyond me.

I've been playing this game since beta. I quit for most of last summer and I'm most likely going to leave off on it again fairly soon. It's just not holding my interest anymore. There's too much to do, but too little of it is compelling to me. I could handle going to a zone like Sharandar or Dread ring, doing my 3-6 daily quests and a short mini-dungeon and then moving on. On a good day, I could get it done on more than one character. But four new (or retread) zones with 50 quests in each? Nah. I'm not even attempting that. And without campaign progression or something tangible to work toward, I find I'm not remotely motivated.

Lastly, I'll tell you one huge disappointment for me - Lvl 60 Epic dungeons. I play with my sons, and the three of us had hoped that at Level 70 we could finally tackle some of the higher-end 60 dungeons on our own. We never made it past the beholder in Castle Never at lvl 60. Annnnnddd... nope. Everything's bumped up to 70, so we'll have to bring some flunkies along if we want to manage them. Which isn't the end of the world, but we were really looking forward to finally tackling that content on our own and then it was changed.

So those are my thoughts. Others may or may not agree, but this is the current state of the game for me. I'm bored and I'm playing less and less with each passing day.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    b3llist0r wrote: »
    - CW DPS is too high. As usual.

//Bellistor

Sry...you are a GWF and you write this? Very interesting...

• nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    So... his first act is to nerf the XP from the ToD dailies?
    Really?

Considering there is nothing to do once you're 70, it's good news that we'll need more time to get there.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    quote from baeyorn:

1. Mod 6 is somewhat cluttered with continuity disconnects.

A good example is getting eternal gear to level through the content with.
    Due to the nature of the hard hitting NPCs in the new zones, eternal gear is preferred to level with.
    Eternal gear is from a vendor in Well of Dragons , and maybe in protector enclave as well?
    The disconnect is as follows...
    --> You need 20k AD's, 15 Dragon Fangs, 50 dragon coins and 5 gold to get each item.
    --> the AD's, the dragon coins, and the 5 gold are attainable enough.
    --> the 15 dragon fangs per item are not so easily gotten.
    --> the mobs hit you too blasted hard, like you owe them money or somesuch.
    --> they are only given by completing the weekly well of dragons quest or the dailies that occur in WoD.
    --> Forget completing any of the mini-boss dungeon dailies as a ranked up level 70 from level 60.
    --> also don't bother completing any of the kill quests
    ===> exception noted on kill quests for gwf, TR(?), and combat HR.
    --> that leaves 3 maybe 4 quests you can complete to get dragons fangs, meaning unless volatile potion, lay of the land, zentarim spies, or thayan garments quests are up.. you may as well pass on getting fangs that day.

this is well and good if you are not one of those that got screwed the first day of WoD. To this day I cannot do any of the daily quests there, only the weekly Elminster ones, despite the fact that they said it would be fixed. At one fang per week, it's safe to say I will never see any of the boons, let alone the gear.

Oh, and as for the new gear, more hp sounds good, but at the cost of arm pen, crit, and power...I last a little longer, but then so do my enemies.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you're gonna make the game harder, then for the love of gods, make sure the controls are actually responsive. If I'm always being hit for half or more of my HP then I would hope when I press a key to consume a potion that would work and heal me, but no. More times then not I don't get healed and have to press the key again, that's if I'm not already dead. Or even worse the potion is being consumed and goes on cooldown, but I'm not being healed, and I die.
    I would say healing potions are a pretty important thing, and it needs to work properly. This is a problem I had from launch, and I know others have it as well. I can't imagine how it could have been overlooked for so long.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.