Install Arc
Options

A Message Regarding Neverwinter: Elemental Evil

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Crit Chance on my GWF has suddenly dropped over 5% out of nowhere.

WAI or so Cryptic would have you believe.
  • Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    there needs to be a lot more new gear at the merchants/bounty and campaign shops to reflect the changes made in mod 6
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • Options
    bbrightstonebbrightstone Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have a level 70 DC and OP, the DC is pushing 2k and the OP is right at 1.8k. I have also 3 level 66, a GWF, CW, and SW. My GWF and DC are in the full eternal set, and the others are all in either draconic Templar or AH blues. I haven't replaced the DT sets just because I'd rather just steamroll through the zones and deal with the few deaths I get. Once the 66 guys get to 70, I'll switch out for some AH blues while I farm for Elven. Things aren't perfect. But there's something I think people are overlooking. Think back to when the game was first introduced. Did you steamroll all content in your quest gear once you hit 60, or did it take a while to develop skill/gear? I personally remember the first time I took my DC through Dread Ring. The daily lair that day was Dread Spire, and my 9k pre-Tiamat (when dps sucked) DC had a hard time doing that. My first time through Dread Forge, before I figured out how to deactivate the spawning adds, I about had a heart attack. I managed it, with no soulforged, no weapon enchant, and quest greens/blues, but it took all my creativity to kill Jawbone with 9 big adds up. Was I stupid for doing it that way? Of course.

Fast forward to the end of Mod 5, my DC in rank 5s and draconic Templar (everyone else had High Prophet, so the set bonus was redundant in Tiamat), I had a GS of 17k. I was soloing HE's in WoD and IWD thinking this was ridiculously easy. I killed Jawbone in one rotation, I killed Biggrin while half asleep and watching TV. That's not my idea of fun and challenging game play.

Now that Mod 6 is here, and we're back to square one with gear, I can understand the frustration a lot of people are having, but I don't understand why almost no one is aware that once we get back to our previous gear levels, this content will be a steam roll again. I know part of the problem is that people are having a hard time getting the gear, but you have to understand and remember that 6 months ago, you didn't just level a 60, buy T2 on the AH for 10k or less a piece, and suddenly you're in BIS gear with zero work. I want to work for my gear and not have it handed to me. As long as Cryptic/PWE gives me the opportunity to work for it, I'm happy. I don't want to go to the AH and have BIS gear available for less than a day of Leadership farming. I know there are some tough aspects in regards to damage and stat curves not being feasible, but I have a simple solution.

Instead of 400 points = 1%, why not make it a different formula? Change it to 400 pts = 1.25% or 1.5%
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have a level 70 DC and OP, the DC is pushing 2k and the OP is right at 1.8k. I have also 3 level 66, a GWF, CW, and SW. My GWF and DC are in the full eternal set, and the others are all in either draconic Templar or AH blues. I haven't replaced the DT sets just because I'd rather just steamroll through the zones and deal with the few deaths I get. Once the 66 guys get to 70, I'll switch out for some AH blues while I farm for Elven. Things aren't perfect. But there's something I think people are overlooking. Think back to when the game was first introduced. Did you steamroll all content in your quest gear once you hit 60, or did it take a while to develop skill/gear? I personally remember the first time I took my DC through Dread Ring. The daily lair that day was Dread Spire, and my 9k pre-Tiamat (when dps sucked) DC had a hard time doing that. My first time through Dread Forge, before I figured out how to deactivate the spawning adds, I about had a heart attack. I managed it, with no soulforged, no weapon enchant, and quest greens/blues, but it took all my creativity to kill Jawbone with 9 big adds up. Was I stupid for doing it that way? Of course.

Fast forward to the end of Mod 5, my DC in rank 5s and draconic Templar (everyone else had High Prophet, so the set bonus was redundant in Tiamat), I had a GS of 17k. I was soloing HE's in WoD and IWD thinking this was ridiculously easy. I killed Jawbone in one rotation, I killed Biggrin while half asleep and watching TV. That's not my idea of fun and challenging game play.

Now that Mod 6 is here, and we're back to square one with gear, I can understand the frustration a lot of people are having, but I don't understand why almost no one is aware that once we get back to our previous gear levels, this content will be a steam roll again. I know part of the problem is that people are having a hard time getting the gear, but you have to understand and remember that 6 months ago, you didn't just level a 60, buy T2 on the AH for 10k or less a piece, and suddenly you're in BIS gear with zero work. I want to work for my gear and not have it handed to me. As long as Cryptic/PWE gives me the opportunity to work for it, I'm happy. I don't want to go to the AH and have BIS gear available for less than a day of Leadership farming. I know there are some tough aspects in regards to damage and stat curves not being feasible, but I have a simple solution.

Instead of 400 points = 1%, why not make it a different formula? Change it to 400 pts = 1.25% or 1.5%

And you have said it here. The frustration/dissatisfaction (call it what you will) is that when players have geared up again, they will be doing exactly the same thing as they where doing before.

Mod 6 - the content-free expansion
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Spinward Rise was the first real new area i met in this Module and it is the last one. Luckily it inherits the good traits of the Fiery Pits: Unlocking the Questgivers at the same up area and it looks beautiful.
    Still some quests are bugged. Like kill specific monster in quest areas but the exact same monster 5 feet out of the quest area doesn't count into it. For the "Kill 40 Slaadi" quest i had more Slaadi outside the questarea instead in the quest area, same for killing Air Archonts.

My Conclusion on Module 6 - Elemental Evil

This Module give us nothing really new. We get 4 new quest areas in which is one build from nothing and really new. But we get nothing special related to this module only grind. This Module turns Neverwinters strength in his weaknes. Questing was never "clever" in Neverwinter but we had a fun combat system and a FAST quest system with decent voice acting (the german voice acting is pretty good in my opinion) and this meant we leveling up faster than in other games and we change pretty fast the location with special made dungeons for a quest line. Nothing of that get we in the new module. While we leveling we are getting weaker + the monster groups are getting harder, that makes the fights unnecessary long and difficult for simply leveling up, while we are like 10 hours stuck in every new quest area with quests that are a bad joke. Killing 40 Monsters is not a problem if you have monster groups but if of a group of 4 monsters only 1 is the searched quest monster things are getting ridicules.
    That means we get around 40 hours of questing and leveling up that are totally no fun. Our game get ridicoules difficult because of the new stat curve and now we got the message that the bug with the dragon hoard enchantments was intended while our costs of upgrading our artifacts and enchantments increased in addition we got new artifact gears which screws with our progress that we aquired the last 3-4 month.

The game is ****ed up. More difficulty is good but to improve your character you need more and more refining points and one of my big RP income is gone. Now i can only rely on feyblessing enchantments which are majorly good for artifacts and lesser efficient for other enchantments and i can't use their RP income for the new artifact gear. And if i wanna upgrade them i can't be sure that they will be useless with the next update too.
    Thats all we got, same content/nothing new, more difficulty, more cashgrab from the PWE/Cryptic.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    karakla1 wrote: »
    Spinward Rise was the first real new area i met in this Module and it is the last one. Luckily it inherits the good traits of the Fiery Pits: Unlocking the Questgivers at the same up area and it looks beautiful.
    Still some quests are bugged. Like kill specific monster in quest areas but the exact same monster 5 feet out of the quest area doesn't count into it. For the "Kill 40 Slaadi" quest i had more Slaadi outside the questarea instead in the quest area, same for killing Air Archonts.

My Conclusion on Module 6 - Elemental Evil

This Module give us nothing really new. We get 4 new quest areas in which is one build from nothing and really new. But we get nothing special related to this module only grind. This Module turns Neverwinters strength in his weaknes. Questing was never "clever" in Neverwinter but we had a fun combat system and a FAST quest system with decent voice acting (the german voice acting is pretty good in my opinion) and this meant we leveling up faster than in other games and we change pretty fast the location with special made dungeons for a quest line. Nothing of that get we in the new module. While we leveling we are getting weaker + the monster groups are getting harder, that makes the fights unnecessary long and difficult for simply leveling up, while we are like 10 hours stuck in every new quest area with quests that are a bad joke. Killing 40 Monsters is not a problem if you have monster groups but if of a group of 4 monsters only 1 is the searched quest monster things are getting ridicules.
    That means we get around 40 hours of questing and leveling up that are totally no fun. Our game get ridicoules difficult because of the new stat curve and now we got the message that the bug with the dragon hoard enchantments was intended while our costs of upgrading our artifacts and enchantments increased in addition we got new artifact gears which screws with our progress that we aquired the last 3-4 month.

The game is ****ed up. More difficulty is good but to improve your character you need more and more refining points and one of my big RP income is gone. Now i can only rely on feyblessing enchantments which are majorly good for artifacts and lesser efficient for other enchantments and i can't use their RP income for the new artifact gear. And if i wanna upgrade them i can't be sure that they will be useless with the next update too.
    Thats all we got, same content/nothing new, more difficulty, more cashgrab from the PWE/Cryptic.

As long as ppl keep feeding them cash and log in stats....nothing will change. Nerf after nerf of classes and now, current active players were totally nerfed by mobs being overpowered...All they did was take enjoyable areas in mod 5 and overwrite them and power nerfed you all in the process.
    The philosophy of the designers have stayed their course and unless the game is sold etc...this will not change. If the game is nerfed to bring back more ease and power to the player...it wont last... any new upgrades the game injects afterwards will again involve "challenges" that are really at the end of the day, nerfs.

Nerf's function to distract you the player into thinking wonderful new game challenges and options have been added as it forces you to deal with and "adjust and adapt" to them...its just a sapping of you the player's power and was an easy and cost effective way making the game look like it is advancing and the coders are busy as santa's elves while making your hard earned current gear almost irrelevent.

New mod releases will be like hotel check out times for your current power in current areas with their mobs and your hard earned gear.
  • Options
    burlap1burlap1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    SO this forum is up to 46 pages !!!!

Ok here's what I want to add.

First of all, it seems you (the dev's) are listening to post/whines/comments and are fixing problems with class powers that aren't working correctly. Thank you.

Now the content and game play of MOD6,
    Story line is great and so are the new zones along with need to upgrade pre-existing gear. The game has a challenging feel to it, for normal PVE grind. And getting to 70, along with attaining our artifact weapon and off hand isn't difficult. To sum it up, you have left room for character growth, even if unified elements are extremely rare to drop and it take 14 days to make 1 by alchemy and it takes a total of 15 of them to max blackice crafting. So this update isn't just another fast burn expansion that the average player will get bored in 2 weeks after release. Thank you.
    However, dungeons.......this area is a big mess. Yes, the days running through a dungeon without any type of balanced party, ie. tank, healing, and dps,...are gone and it should be. But, 2 things are REALLY flawed.
    1) your dungeon Queue system, stinks. I have queued for dungeons only to be put in a group with no balance, or left group (or voted out because I was not what they needed) only to be put back in that group again only minutes later, or find myself in a group of all 5 of us the same class and lastly to sit in a dungeon for 10 minutes or more and having a guildie waiting or hoping that another will join because we lost a party member due them disconnecting from game. Suggestion- redo the queue completely.
    2) the Item level score for dungeons needs to be re-looked at. Here's why, dungeons/epic call to arms item level scores start at 1600 and the next tier is 2000, but after sitting in Protectors Enclave reading the "look for group" broadcast, for a 1600 item level dungeon the average group request is 2000 to no higher that 3000, and for the 2000 item level dungeons its 3000 and above. So that's a 125% to 188% for 1600 item level and 150%plus for 2000 item level dungeons. Why? At first I thought it was people trying to weed out the poor skill players, but after running these instances, I feel that's not the case. It's because these dungeons require good gear. It's too often that you are killed in one shot by common/minion enemy (even with 80k hps in the 1600 dungeons). Of course this an epic encounter and it shouldn't be a walk in the park but the chance of survival at YOUR item level score of a balanced group is slim to none, and probably nil against the main boss.

I understand that there should be some challenge, but there also needs to have some balance with fun. And right now its more of challenge and frustration.

Lastly, why did you remove the ability to use 1 of every type of potion? Now my inventory is overflowing with potions.
  • Options
    coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Whatever they do, I hope they don't make the game an easier at level70... I just got my paladin to level 70 yesterday, and I'm actually enjoying the increased difficulty. My first thought after getting my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> handed to me by the boss in Cult Prison earlier, was... I really should run this with at least 1 or two people!

I haven't had that thought in the solo quests ever! I usually want all my kits to myself :D Now I have to play with people... which is the way and MMO should be.

1) You should be able to do solo quest, solo. You should not have to bring help.
    2) Dungeons should not be completed by a single person. You should have to bring help.

I have see where both of these rules have not applied to the game. A balance in difficulty has to happen or the game is going to die. I for one don't want to see that.
  • Options
    keenan800keenan800 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello, Im not sure if this is the right place to ask, but im wondering if its still possible to get the epic level 60 gear from places like malabog's castle, for exampe the Fabled Longsword, in Elemental Evil
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The continued steps to fix things the past few weeks have been well done, and I look forward to the future ones that the Devs have been working on...

Jolly good show! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    ironknights1964ironknights1964 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1) You should be able to do solo quest, solo. You should not have to bring help.
    2) Dungeons should not be completed by a single person. You should have to bring help.

I have see where both of these rules have not applied to the game. A balance in difficulty has to happen or the game is going to die. I for one don't want to see that.

Right on with your 2 points.

Some people won't be happy until a 200-man raid is required to get out of the tutorial.
  • Options
    draventalosdraventalos Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Feedback: After being away the last 6 month's (playing STO witch is a lot of fun and didn't suffer from a new lvl cap from 50 to 60)
    i was kinda upset that i couldn't play dread ring on my lvl 60 CW without dieing instantly as i left the compound (yes those pesky zombies that normally are a minor inconvenience )
    Now I'll admit I've been away and haven't read up on everything thats happend over the last 6 months (kinda left because of a nurf to cw powers at the time)
    But what i don't understand, is why content that used to be playable at lvl 60 is now unplayable, surely the need for a new level cap and new lvl 4 powers would be for taking on New challenges,
    Yes this would make your toons even more over powered in lower levels by the time you reach lvl 70, but thats the point, i want to feel like a all powerful wizard or warrior,
    Take STO for instance, now players can improve there weapons and defeat borg easily, but the new threat is still a challenge.

See what they have done, and see if anything like that can be done for NW, many of us long time players would love to come back and enjoy the game again.
  • Options
    hippyohippyo Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Unplayable is the word, in fact after blazing thru to lvl 60, all progress has become an awful grind with my dps warlock. I think a nice tanky pet might help a lot on the pve side. Trying to avoid begging for aid on every repeatable quest that i might attempt. Been stealing a lot of kill lately too, i might add. The problem ? Well i can't seem to charge zen or i would buy one of those outrageous deals to get a legendary defender. i thinking it would be around 50 euros to go on from here, if the zen charger was still available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    catakillscatakills Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You know I've been playing for about 2 or 3 weeks for a few hours a day and I'm already lvl 66. Reading this thread is full of people complaining about how hard it is to level. Let me give you a back ground on why I think most on here have it to easy. I used to play Everquest back in the day when we had no voice over IP. It was hard to solo depending on your class, most the time you were forced to group and had to call camps. You had to have a balance group, A tank, healer, puller, crowd control, dps. It took forever to level! I'm talking playing 5 hours a day and you might ding one level after a week. If you died you took a exp loss and you could be bumpped down a level. The fun part about it was just hanging out with people you met and working together. Sure we might get a bad pull or trained by some moron and all get wipped. It happens, but it was hard and knowing the time it took to take your charater to level 60 was no easy feat. Now if I get bored with this game I can toss it to the side, because I really don't feel I invested sqat in this game. In part I think you have it to easy.

Catakill
  • Options
    alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That's great for you, but means nothing to those who actually like and want to be able to play the game.
  • Options
    ironknights1964ironknights1964 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Who wants to go back to Everquest style "grays will kill you?"

Mod 5 we were heroes. Mod 6? Chew toys for trash mobs.

I watched one guy this morning aggro a Greenfang group of trash mobs. That's the group with the tall female archer. He was knocked from his horse in one hit. Before he even got up from the ground, he was dead. Spanked, chewed and slapped down in less than 2 seconds.

Every single day for the last ten days or so since making 70, I watch countless players get completely destroyed by trash mobs. I've inspected quite a few and their gear is far better than mine. Maybe this sounds like fun to the masochists. I've got seven other level 60s and I just can't fathom raising them to 70. I don't want the excruciating pain.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    catakills wrote: »
    You know I've been playing for about 2 or 3 weeks for a few hours a day and I'm already lvl 66. Reading this thread is full of people complaining about how hard it is to level. Let me give you a back ground on why I think most on here have it to easy. I used to play Everquest back in the day when we had no voice over IP. It was hard to solo depending on your class, most the time you were forced to group and had to call camps. You had to have a balance group, A tank, healer, puller, crowd control, dps. It took forever to level! I'm talking playing 5 hours a day and you might ding one level after a week. If you died you took a exp loss and you could be bumpped down a level. The fun part about it was just hanging out with people you met and working together. Sure we might get a bad pull or trained by some moron and all get wipped. It happens, but it was hard and knowing the time it took to take your charater to level 60 was no easy feat. Now if I get bored with this game I can toss it to the side, because I really don't feel I invested sqat in this game. In part I think you have it to easy.

Catakill

I play NWO because it isn't Everquest. If you want an unforgiving environment, EQ is still there for you.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Gave NWN a week or two break, still in drowned shores.. wasn't too bad until trying to do the warning beacon in the sea bit and suddenly find my self surround by epic event grabs, clever very clever SEPARATE the dam missions, if I want to do a epic event solo Ill go looking for trouble not a 15 person one whilst doing a solo one...... I like how you have to call molly and the other critters, do the same for the epic stuff or do something.... I loved this game pre mod 6 now I try but.... its lost something....
  • Options
    mettyrmettyr Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Me and my guild played since Beta...but with mod 6 it changed! This isnt fun anymore! Even with Lvl 70 and the right Armor the mobs chew you and kick you around. Dailys are not longer makeable with 1-2 Plp, you have to team up; lag, bugs and glitches are horrible, Drops are totaly missplaced (lvl 54 greens and 45 pots in lvl 70 zones where you have to beat lvl 72+ mobs for). Dungeons and Dragons with only 3 Dungeons? When you Dev would log in you could see that Plp have to zerg normal enounters down.
    Gamesupport = 0.
    32 Guildys (all adult players, that also spend Zen on this Game) are not longer interested in this messed up things.
    Let me use nice words: If i ever have something thats working, and i want to have it screwd, i call this dev-Team for doing it!
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    blannde wrote: »
    Gave NWN a week or two break, still in drowned shores.. wasn't too bad until trying to do the warning beacon in the sea bit and suddenly find my self surround by epic event grabs, clever very clever SEPARATE the dam missions, if I want to do a epic event solo Ill go looking for trouble not a 15 person one whilst doing a solo one...... I like how you have to call molly and the other critters, do the same for the epic stuff or do something.... I loved this game pre mod 6 now I try but.... its lost something....

It's way worse in Fiery Pit.
    - Emberclaw
    - Random HE-difficulty enemies sprinkled around where there is never an HE

Who could have possibly thought that slapping an HE in the middle of a quest objective was a good idea? I mean, really?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    someone should do a comparison of the positive vs negative changes that have come out since this letter.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lwedar wrote: »
    someone should do a comparison of the positive vs negative changes that have come out since this letter.

As per his note, he has cut the experience on the TOD dailies.

On the positive side:
    They have implemented better rewards in IWD for the HEs.
    They have fixed stores they broke in Mod 6 by supplying them with new merchandise.
    They have fixed some (all?) of the broken campaign progression artifacts with something.
    They have fixed some of the feats that they either broke or implemented improperly.
    They have done some work on Tiamat, to curb the outrageous difficulty of that particular piece. Did they do good here? I havent tried...
    They have made efforts at cutting the server lag and rubbernecking caused by Md 6. How is it at this point? Better, I think.

On the negative side:
    They have done little or nothing on general difficulty. Top item in his letter. They have let a lot of people move on to other games....
    They have not returned missing dungeons.
    They have not fixed all the broken and mis-implemented powers as far as I know.
    They have let a lot of bugs go but instead have spent time nerfing TOD dailies, the HE rewards they prev. fixed, etc.