test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Message Regarding Neverwinter: Elemental Evil

Comments

• mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I play T2s without much issues and I only have DC pvp gear, with a quite terrible stats allocation, and tenacity eating quite a lot of the stats too. It's actually inferior to T1 blue gear but I'm doing fine in T2s. My artifact gear is blue. And I don't need any kind of cheats or exploits. iLevel 2000 dungeons are doable by skilled players, thus, if you can't, there are lower tiers of content for you to enjoy. But stop throwing a tantrum to get selfishly all of the content for you only. :)

You're really missing the point here.
    As a DC, usually only two things are expected of you:
    1) Heal.
    2) Buff/debuff

It's not like you're playing a tank, which needs the gear and stats in order to fulfill the role. Nor are you playing a DPS, which needs the gear and stats in order to fulfill the role.
    What's happening to you is: You're getting carried. I've pugged with pretty tanky CWs and other DPS classes that put out some serious DPS. Only to watch them die in less than a handful of hits from random trash mobs.

Factor in:
    A) How long it takes to kill them
    B) How much damage they're doing
    C) How many of them spawn in boss encounters
    and
    D) How often they spawn

And it's pretty much a recipe for disaster.
    I'm not saying to make it easy but Tier 2 is supposed to be a step up from Tier 1. Not a mile-high climb in a straight vertical direction. If a player in full T1 gear isn't able to participate in Tier 2 content, where is he going to get his gear from? There's no progression here.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I play T2s without much issues and I only have DC pvp gear, with a quite terrible stats allocation, and tenacity eating quite a lot of the stats too. It's actually inferior to T1 blue gear but I'm doing fine in T2s. My artifact gear is blue. And I don't need any kind of cheats or exploits. iLevel 2000 dungeons are doable by skilled players, thus, if you can't, there are lower tiers of content for you to enjoy. But stop throwing a tantrum to get selfishly all of the content for you only. :)

This post is BS. I've been in parties with some of the best geared/skilled players in the game and t2's are a pain in the a*. They are not impossible to do, but they are not as this post portrays a "walk in the park". Traven Blackdagger has far too many HP for the bottom of that tier. eToS will give anyone nightmares. I frequent the Legit Channel, I frequent the NWC channel, I'm in some others as well, and all of them have groups of well geared/skilled players that are frustrated by how unfair the scale is between the player and the *trash* mobs (not to mention the bosses). Stop the arrogant "L2P" BS. If 5% of players are the only one's that can complete t2 content, it's wrong. That number should be at least 45% and even then it's probably too low for Neverwinter's overall health.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • magnusolammagnusolam Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2015
    gwalaploth wrote: »
    There is no question that you had some problems to fix (Mod 5 pretty much broke the game) but in an attempt to fix those issues you have pretty much ruined the parts of the game that you had not broken before. I think the number one thing that needs to be done is to put the FUN back in the game.

The only thing I'll add to this is make it FUN for ALL player types. Allow players to choose a difficulty level to play at this allows for progression and longevity for both new and old players alike. In particular players can choose the type of play they want on any given day depending on how they're feeling and all content is (potentially) available to all players.
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Whatever they do, I hope they don't make the game an easier at level70... I just got my paladin to level 70 yesterday, and I'm actually enjoying the increased difficulty. My first thought after getting my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> handed to me by the boss in Cult Prison earlier, was... I really should run this with at least 1 or two people!

I haven't had that thought in the solo quests ever! I usually want all my kits to myself :D Now I have to play with people... which is the way and MMO should be.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    You're really missing the point here.
    As a DC, usually only two things are expected of you:
    1) Heal.
    2) Buff/debuff

It's not like you're playing a tank, which needs the gear and stats in order to fulfill the role. Nor are you playing a DPS, which needs the gear and stats in order to fulfill the role.
    What's happening to you is: You're getting carried. I've pugged with pretty tanky CWs and other DPS classes that put out some serious DPS. Only to watch them die in less than a handful of hits from random trash mobs.

Factor in:
    A) How long it takes to kill them
    B) How much damage they're doing
    C) How many of them spawn in boss encounters
    and
    D) How often they spawn

And it's pretty much a recipe for disaster.
    I'm not saying to make it easy but Tier 2 is supposed to be a step up from Tier 1. Not a mile-high climb in a straight vertical direction. If a player in full T1 gear isn't able to participate in Tier 2 content, where is he going to get his gear from? There's no progression here.

lol, I do have a dps character and the tank will come with double XP, maybe later. I *know* for a fact that it works on two ends at least, and I've also had several GF players telling me I'm a great healer, so meh, getting carried isn't my thing. :) The truth is that it's a MMO and gear matters less than how you use it.

There's a 1-2% difference between the T1 blue gear and the best available gear in-game. So it really won't make a difference at all. Purple infused gear is here for bragging rights, nothing else. You don't need it to do anything, you only need a team using the right builds and the right spells in the right order, and there's room for one mistake every 90s, ie, the time your soulforge needs to recharge from a death. I'm not saying it's very forgiving, it's not, and that's what I expect from max level content.
  • vitizaxvitizax Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    PvP

I consider myself as a pvp player, is the thing i like to play, and as a pvp player i fell very mistreated.
    Ill try to point which problems pvp has, not talking about balance or bugs ( there are some issues with this) but problems surrounding pvp.

Only 1 pvp kind. All pvp is based on getting bases standing on them... there are plenty known kinds of pvp please consider implementing few more.

Pvp players forced to wear pve gear. We cant get full gear playing pvp, in fact we just can get 4/12 gear slots filled, last module we were able to wear 12/12 pvp gear but some of them where not BiS (for pvp), why are we going backwards? i just cant understand this.

Imposible to earn enough AD through PvP. Pve players can go to dungeon, skirmirmish or whatever, if they are lucky enough they can get some gear to sell and earn AD for their own character, pvp players just cant get any AD from any source. Gear is always bound, and drops after a match are just ridicoulus. Why is gear bound? do you consider farming 19k glory is easy or a thing you can do in just 1 afternoon?

PvP campaing items not updated to level 70. Why adding pvp shirt/pants/rings etc if we are not going to use them? why arent them updated? this feels like devs just dont care about pvp.

You need to focus also in pvp, most of your competitors have a strong pvp (and a big pvp community), there are entire games based on pvp! neverwinter has great combat mechanics but pvp overall is terrible. I would love to play just pvp and get full experience from the game.

Thanks for reading if you did so.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This post is BS. I've been in parties with some of the best geared/skilled players in the game and t2's are a pain in the a*. They are not impossible to do, but they are not as this post portrays a "walk in the park". Traven Blackdagger has far too many HP for the bottom of that tier. eToS will give anyone nightmares. I frequent the Legit Channel, I frequent the NWC channel, I'm in some others as well, and all of them have groups of well geared/skilled players that are frustrated by how unfair the scale is between the player and the *trash* mobs (not to mention the bosses). Stop the arrogant "L2P" BS. If 5% of players are the only one's that can complete t2 content, it's wrong. That number should be at least 45% and even then it's probably too low for Neverwinter's overall health.

Yeah, i had the privilege to do a few runs with the biggest class advocates from this forum, all full with BiS gear, all failed on a normal run, so what did they do, ask for bugged DCs and bugged HRs, is this what we really want? NO

The majority of the players wants to be able to look the mirror the next morning too.

True mate, i am also tired of these advocates here for this utterly broken Mod, if they all think, we are players without any skill, than why don't they post a few videos to Youtube so we can all see, how it's done. I am eager to see them.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• soulwizzardsoulwizzard Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    well i also think that there should be a way to use your old black ice gear to up grade to the new gear i mean really there alot time invested in building the old gear now its worthless
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is huge really. Everyone makes mistakes but acknowledging mistakes and making a clear effort to correct them is all we can ask of anyone.

A double xp WEEK. wow.

Wow indeed...

That makes it, what 3 double XP events in the last month or so? Who cares. It means nothing to me. If the devs really wanted to make up with the community they should have made it a double RP week. That way we could all benefit from it and not just the players with an army of alts. The only thing this double XP week will do is create a huge influx of OP Paladins.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lol, I do have a dps character and the tank will come with double XP, maybe later. I *know* for a fact that it works on two ends at least, and I've also had several GF players telling me I'm a great healer, so meh, getting carried isn't my thing. :) The truth is that it's a MMO and gear matters less than how you use it.

There's a 1-2% difference between the T1 blue gear and the best available gear in-game. So it really won't make a difference at all. Purple infused gear is here for bragging rights, nothing else. You don't need it to do anything, you only need a team using the right builds and the right spells in the right order, and there's room for one mistake every 90s, ie, the time your soulforge needs to recharge from a death. I'm not saying it's very forgiving, it's not, and that's what I expect from max level content.

I'm struggling to accept that we're playing the same game, much less running the same T2's.
    It's almost like in your game, GFs can indefinitely block while still maintaining aggro on everything. Mobs don't move to flank and Heals/DPS aren't getting attacked by anything.

Can I get an invite?
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thx for helping us Scott Shicoff and big thnx for your team to.

Gathered from many player's from our guild .

Classes and Balance

Great Weapon Fighter

[*] Overall gameplay : Great Weapon Fighter lost too much defense and damage resistance they need to go close combat and in dungeons w/o Guardian Fighter's Knight's Valor and w/o Protector Paladin's Divine protector they die every 2-4 sec .
    Also the feeling as warrior isn’t there ranged classes suppose to be much more weaker in territory Hit points and Damage resistance.

Feat tree's :

[*]Instigator They must take five hits to do more dmg but the flaw is mobs in T1 deal around 50-200 k dmg/hit and GWF can achieve only around 120-130 k hp almost same as CW. So you need to die to get some dmg boost.

[*]Sentinel Another failed tree cuz its suppose to be a tank but he can’t even take 2 hits in dungeons cuz the lost overall 30% Damage Resist and they have really low hp to take those 50 -200 k hit and i don’t wanna talk about some bosses deal around 1-4 mill dmg mitigated.

Guardian Fighter

[*] Overall gameplay : He suffers the same fate as GWF. He lost too much defense and damage resistance. They need to go close combat and in dungeons w/o permanent shield protection he is dead from a single minion archers in Cragmire Crypt can hit on him 400k dmg .

[*] Conqueror They must take five hits to do more dmg but the flaw is mobs in T1 deal around 50-200 k dmg/hit and GF can achieve only around 120-130 k HP almost you same as CW. So need to die to get some dmg boost.

[*] Tactician They must take unguarded dmg to increase party members AP gain total pointless cuz T1 deal around 50-200 k dmg/hit and GF can achieve only around 120-130 k HP almost same as CW. So you need to die to get some dmg boost .

Oathbound Paladin - Oath of Protection

[*]Overall gameplay : They have good defense but in T1-T2 dungeons they die a lot cuz even if i have my sanctuary up +60% Damage Resist pressed divine call +10 % Damage Resist and have base 40% dmg and also i have around 120 k HP + 120k temp HP still archers in Cragmire Crypt 1 shot me with 300-400k /archer .

[*]Skills: People complain for Divine Judgement Daily power because it does so much dmg so it would be fair to move to half of his dmg to Divine touch increase they dmg by 400% and increase Smite dmg by 100% i think its eq to the lost for.

Personal option if divine judgement daily power is toned down w/o give some love to other skill then daly quests can take forever cuz paladins encounter powers have almost no dmg at all.

[*] Justice tree Vengeful Judge not working at all it only work for Oathbound Paladin - Oath of Devotion.

Scourge Warlock

[*] Overall gameplay : They suffer the same fate of GWF w/o the risk to go to close combat but they cannot avoid archers so they die instant shadow slip is not an option you die still if u use it same as GWF&Paladin.
    Maybe those 3 defensive shift mechanism need a bit rework.

[*]Fury tree
    The two nerf and armor sets loss are made pointless cuz they deal now only a minor dmg vs cw and CW inst even a primary Striker ( DPS ) class but SW is a primary Striker ( DPS ) class

[*]Damnation :The nerf to tyrannical threat +the biggest issue they puppet is not scaled to lvl 70 also the puppet cannot join in boss fights and armor sets loss are made pointless cuz they deal now only a minor dmg vs cw and CW inst even a primary Striker ( DPS ) class but SW is a primary Striker ( DPS ) class

[*]Temptation: The life steal rework made it pointless the heals are too and tanks need huge waves of healing cuz either they have 1 or zero hp or they are dead from next attack.
    And the capstone nerf on temp Warlock with the 95% heal nerf on AoE spells (30% down from 125%) and the other 25% heal nerf on the single target ones (100% down from 125%) meanwhile even the minon monsters in any dungeon are capable to one hit kill any tank in front of you this isnt rigth at all .

Content and Environment
    Gain XP in leveling zones in elemental evil camp are too slow y will gain around 1000 / quest and they are boring some of our guild mates not even do it while they are leveling from 60 to 70 they simple escaped it .
    Some left cuz they bored this need to be changed. Lvl -ing from 1-60 is fun 60-70 isn’t fun.

Enemies
    In dead ring IWD /WOD /Sharandar are bit hard as hell with I lvl 3000+ some of the prefarmed players can do it but how do they get new armors to this game die all time and they have zero option to get decent Gear with lots of HP to survive this not whit LS and regeneration were changed.
    T1-T2 HP of enemys are OK not need to change .
    But they dmg is too much no mob minion shoud kill y with 1 hit . And bosses dmg need to tone down by huge amount.

Items and Economy
    Blood raven skull not working.
    Lvl 70 players need an option to get some starter set with minor HP boost.
    T2 instances Dungeon chest need to be improved by at least gain some Greater Mark of Potency or Some bigger RP source ofc not bound version cuz there is absolutely no point to go T2 after y have your set.

PS: Class feedack i still miss i got only minor feedback like this:
    CW : they are owerall happy with almost all thing
    DC :some of them are happy some of them say they cant heal dead players and players are dead from 1 hits so whats the point of healer path.
    Devotion Paladins :say the same as DC's.
    Hunter Rangers are owerall happy but they say Archer /Combat tree are pointless and not viable only controll path deal real DPS i think too this isnt rigth both tree are dps tree.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Honestly, even admitting this mod was a disaster by its very core and wanting to make things better is a first step in my opinion. You wrote a whole paragraph about EXP, and I swear to god, this is probbaly the LEAST of our worries. There are pressing issues, and they are all over the bug/EE feedback threads. Please just take 2 - 3 hours, get the whole team READING our feedback, and do your homework. I believe mos to the dedicated community would like to help, I'm willing to contribute and dedicate my free time to help. I tried my best so far, submitting bug threads and giving feedback, just read it guys, please.
    edited April 2015
    unangwata wrote: »
    The same could be said to you.
    I myself play a lot and i like challenges, but many people have diferent taste or just want to enjoy. If we leave dungeons playable for hardcore gamers only, the other players (which is majority) will stop doing these dungeons. If you can do them with your hand picked party of veterans, would you be able to finish them with randomly picked players ? And random parties is important aspect of this game and will not work if these parties fail 90% of the time.

There are three dungeons not doable by everyone. That's a very small part of the content. Not all the content is for everyone. You admitted it youself earlier. Why should everyone be able to play the hardest content in-game? Why does the hardest content in-game has to be a walk in the park so that everyone can complete it with random strangers?

When a tier of content is too difficult for you, it's not "too hard", it's "not for you". Once the old dungeons return at lvl 70, there will be more stuff to do for everyone. But not everyone must own the purple infused 137 gear, which has nothing more than the blue T1 gear except the fact that it's purple and merely means you've killed quite <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> bosses.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    - Where are the GWF updates and rank 4 fixes, bugfixes?
    - Where are Paladin bug fixes?
    - Why do mobs in lvl 70 zones are lvl 71-73 while we can only achieve lvl 70?
    - Why do quests in lvl 70 zones give 1200 EXP rewards while quests for lvl 40 give more?
    - Why do I have to spend half an hour or more to finish a lvl 70 daily lair for a rank 5 enchantment as a reward at the end?
    - Why do we get only 1 Seal of Triumph a day contrary to 2 as before mod 6?
    - Why do we need 700k EXP for overflow experience reward while at the same time you limit our sources to earn EXP?
    - Why did you release module 6 before it was ready for a release?
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There are three dungeons not doable by everyone. That's a very small part of the content. Not all the content is for everyone. You admitted it youself earlier. Why should everyone be able to play the hardest content in-game? Why does the hardest content in-game has to be a walk in the park so that everyone can complete it with random strangers?

When a tier of content is too difficult for you, it's not "too hard", it's "not for you". Once the old dungeons return at lvl 70, there will be more stuff to do for everyone. But not everyone must own the purple infused 137 gear, which has nothing more than the blue T1 gear except the fact that it's purple and merely means you've killed quite <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> bosses.

Which content? I have to agree with a poster above, are we in the same game?

We were promised to see new dungeons, now not that we don't have anything new, we got way less dungeons to do, than in Mod 5.

What do you think, what shall guildies keep entertained, if there isn't much to do?:confused:
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Glad to see a new lead designer. I hope we can get some attention on the topics that are causing more uproar among the community.
    Still, not a single thing about the foundry, could we get any words on if there's anything planned for it?
    We didn't even get any new assets with the new module.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm happy they're taking an active approach to making updates, and I'm also very pleased with the level of communication - something I've been more than a little unhappy about in recent months. Yes, there's bugs and inconsistencies and all that, but the areas need to be PLAYABLE in order to... you know... play them. I managed to finally get through all of the areas, but Spinward Rise was awful. Not because it was hard (it was), but because the performance of the game in that area was simply terrible. I like that it was hard, I don't like that when I run up and start attacking something the game stutters and then suddenly I'm dead. So, Scott, if you happen to see this, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put performance at the top of your list.

Oh, then add Guild Strongholds. ;)
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, welcome to Scott Shicoff, I will attempt to be helpful (just for the record, have deleted my initial thoughts over and over in an attempt to not violate ToS, so here goes. :)) Although I appreciate the "new guy is going to get stuff done" message, I'm afraid I'm not encouraged by the way in which the first actionable item is being dealt:

Action Item:
    XP rewards in the new zones and campaign zones: ...The amount of XP being rewarded by repeatable quests in our campaign areas is not consistent.
    Solution:
    We are only reducing XP given by repeatable quests in the Tyranny campaign areas. Other quests are unaffected.
    Bone:
    ...to help compensate for this change we will be running our double XP event for an entire week, starting Thursday, April 23 and ending Thursday, April 30.

My reaction/viewpoint:
    This points to the end goal. Things will become 'more in line' with a mind-numbing grindfest, and players will be conditioned to appreciate "bonus" time periods. We really are easily manipulated - this is the equivalent of starving someone for days, then giving them a couple of days to eat and having them eternally grateful for your generosity. They don't think about how you're starving them afterwards, they're just waiting for you to give them those precious eating days, and thank them profusely when they deem it's a good time to do so.

It's the same with refinement/artifacts/artifact equipment - increase the amount of things that need to be refined, increase the amount needed to refine to top level, decrease the ability to gain refinement items except through repetitive tasks. Once in a while do a double refinement weekend and everyone thanks you and congratulates you on how nice it is that you've given this gift.

I do hope that I am wrong. I do fervently hope that this feedback is taken in the manner in which it is given - to provide my feedback as requested, and hopefully give some insight into one player's perception of the intentions.

TLDR:
    I absolutely understand that walking that fine line between user and management is a soul-sucking, thankless job. I applaud Mr. Shicoff's tenacity, given his background, and hope that he can advocate for the player base in a way that increases profitability by building a happy, growing player base.
  • icefalcon9icefalcon9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As a free to play game, without attracting new players who spend their $$$ in the store, how will you continue to be profitable? Are there sufficient high level players spending enough to keep the servers and salaries paid? I suspect not...

It seems to me that Mod 5 and 6 were focused on adding higher end content and complexity. Not much in the way of content focused on attracting and keeping new players. Especially since there are no current public reference sources new players can read to figure out the more complex aspects of the game. There is no Wowhead for Neverwinter on the web. If there is I am an abject failure at finding it. What little is out there is fractured and very outdated.

If a new player wants to play a HR for example, how do they learn the in's and out's of the class, chose the right talents and feats as they level, know what zones and dungeons they should focus on, what gear they should look for (stats), what runes and enchants to focus on, what pet to use and when, etc. etc. etc. This kind of information, which is in part contributed to by the community, would help new players immensely.

This is my long view of the game, not the short view to just satisfy the high end 1%'ers. If the game is to continue to be profitable it has to attract and retain new players. They are the 99%'ers. They have a hell of a lot more money combined that they could be spending on the game than the measly 1% of the current player base.

Think about it...

...If you know what the "Pendrill Prophecy" is send me a private message.
  • imagreatimagreat Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you for looking into the difficulty issue, because for the new class, Oathbound Paladin; it is VERY difficult to participate in the ELoL, VT and MC dungeon's since we don't have the added bonus of having the previous Dragonic gear and have to do these dungeons to get good gear!
    Even the Epic Skirmishes seem unwinnable by people who just newly leveled their character and have just over the required Item Level!

Thanks again for looking into this and fixing it so we can finally get gear!!
    edited April 2015
    imagreat wrote: »
    Thank you for looking into the difficulty issue, because for the new class, Oathbound Paladin; it is VERY difficult to participate in the ELoL, VT and MC dungeon's since we don't have the added bonus of having the previous Dragonic gear and have to do these dungeons to get good gear!
    Even the Epic Skirmishes seem unwinnable by people who just newly leveled their character and have just over the required Item Level!

Thanks again for looking into this and fixing it so we can finally get gear!!

... levelling dungeons at lvl 70 give you lvl 70 blue gear and it's good enough to play T1s.

Asking in zone chat would have saved you the effort of writing such a post.
  • nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This was the response I was hoping for but didn't expect. I knew a complete roll back of mod 6 just wasn't going to happen, but a new lead and correcting the direction is a positive step. I love this game and I want it to succeed but I stopped playing a few days after mod 6 dropped. I have been watching things very closely though because I care what happens!

As an AD&D player I know that story is everything! I enjoyed the first part of mod 6 quests but when I hit the repeatables and recycled zones it killed my soul... I've never experienced such a let down with a nearly full expac in my life!

I hope they revert the invoke system to its less obtrusive original form...

I hope at the very least they decide to voice act the repeatables in the "new" zones...

I hope the original campaigns revert to lvl 60 and they release NEW campaigns for lvl 70! (in what universe did people think this was a good idea?)

As ive said recently, the community is watching, my entire guild left after mod 6... thats 60+ people that evaporated from the game but they still follow forums and I'm sure there are others that are experiencing the same thing.

To sum up, I think this blog from the new lead is a strong message and a positive step in the right direction (and surprised me actually) my fingers are crossed, I want this game to succeed!
  • orangebangorangebang Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nice to have you Scott, at the very least, please get rid of the bugs, the difficulty is fine, xp can be reworked to make more sense based on difficulty. Maybe your team can calculate based on time played to kill a mob, dungeon, skirmish, etc. with the best gear and make that maximum xp and then decrease xp based on total gear level. The decreasing to certain levels in lower areas just isn't normal and kind of ridiculous, just make it that there is very little xp to be had for higher levels and I'm pretty sure they won't stick around to get zero to no XP. As it is, a lvl 70 can go to Rothe and brought to lvl 55 and easily do the areas still and get close to 7k xp while in the Rise areas, you get like 1.3k for quests to 3k, it just doesn't make sense for higher levels to do the new content.

p.s. don't lower the difficulty, at least now there is a little bit of a challenge and the free respec works wonders if you change from dps a little to some defence, level 70 mobs should be tougher and get more xp, lower level mobs should be easier but much less xp
  • neverwinterdevilneverwinterdevil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Writing from my husbands account:
    Me and my husband both play SW as main character and after mod6 we have problems in both PVE and PVP. I'm level 70 and after mod6 I could forget playing the maps and pvp all together. Getting tired og playing the same 3 dungeons over and over. SW was made not that long ago and already forgotten, nerfed or whatever happened? I never see anybody in looking for groups asking for a SW, they become pretty useless in the game and if nothing is done they will not be used by players anymore. Lifesteal was our thing and when you nerfed it, you made SW not count in a lot of gameplay, both PVE AND PVP. You fixed, buffed and nerfed on all the others, but feel liked you just destroyed SW exsistence in NW. I leveled the 60 to 70 in dungeons, don't believe i had the patience but it worked. Not happy about it though. I don't wanna complain, but i really do work very hard to get stronger in every way. I read all i can find online, i ask and follow the game chat and still nothing. Dobbel xp is super, but still have to use the same 3 dungeons, but happy to hear from you guys never the less!
  • skinlikewinterskinlikewinter Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Most other things that need fixing has been said by others, i'll post was hasn't that regads my gameplay.

DCs need a looking at.

It took 5 mods to finally have any real/useful change to the DC class and with mod 6 it was once again ignored. Please read through the Mod 6 DC Feedback Thread for bugs/suggestions on what to do with DCs in general.

Now I have a gripe against the new stat curve. Mod 5 brought about a great DPS (Righteous) tree for DCs, but in the next mod (6), this build/tree was practically made obsolete. The stat curve killed the Righteous, specifically the crit stat and its new relation to crit chance.

Some options could be giving Righteous feats that increase their crit chance, and/or reduce the points needed to increase the crit chance. In mod 5 it was a high damage output class that was squishy. In mod 6 it's a moderate damage output but still squishy.

In regards to the new feats and powers, those two Righteous feats are a joke, and the new powers, i don't even used them as they are terrible. Again read the feedback thread.. Better yet, play as Righteous DC from level one and to level 70 and you will see what I and the testers have said about the stat curve, feats and powers.

Honestly look at all Mod 6 Class Feedback threads to get a good idea on what is needed for balance. There, you will get a look at what classes are too weak, too strong, and broken.
    I show player support, by only playing Neverwinter as F2P
    edited April 2015
    r000kie wrote: »
    Today's patch notes thread is closed.

So... WoD XP nerfed - is fine with me, I doubt I'll have the patience to grind experience for extra power points - btw, are those still available? and to what amount, until we get all powers to R4?

But making greater bags bound so Zen store can push Runic bags, and deny players the chance to sell their older 500k AD bags for even half that? So in mode 7 some Mythic bag with 8 more slots will pop up, along with 24 other unnecessary refining stones immediately filling up the extra space?

Bad business model. Really bad.

Despite what they said in the notes, or at least how I interpreted it, I found the GBHes I already had equipped were NOT bound. So, if you intend to sell them and are currently using them, you should be OK, you just can move them or re-equip them (they are character bind on equip now). So, if you intend to sell and of them you have, you still can unless you equip it going forward.
  • jadence80jadence80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well here we go again with another double XP event (as if leveling wasn't already way too easy). There hasn't been one character of mine that took even the entire original content to reach max level, much less with skirmish XP and PVP XP added to the mix. Sadly, I created a new Paladin the day after release and at the rate in which I am leveling will be level 70 before I finish the original zones. This greatly reduces the entertainment value for any new players coming into the game. I know this doesn't sound like the typical "I need everything given to me right away" ignorant gamer but from someone who enjoys being challenged with a game. I think the overall view of XP should be to minimize it to where all zones should be a new challenge and eliminate XP from PVP and only award XP for the first time a skirmish is completed. The reward of glory for PVP should be sufficient and will keep players playing content to earn their levels. The would help in keeping each area they progress to more of a challenge.
    edited April 2015
    jadence80 wrote: »
    Well here we go again with another double XP event (as if leveling wasn't already way too easy). There hasn't been one character of mine that took even the entire original content to reach max level, much less with skirmish XP and PVP XP added to the mix. Sadly, I created a new Paladin the day after release and at the rate in which I am leveling will be level 70 before I finish the original zones. This greatly reduces the entertainment value for any new players coming into the game. I know this doesn't sound like the typical "I need everything given to me right away" ignorant gamer but from someone who enjoys being challenged with a game. I think the overall view of XP should be to minimize it to where all zones should be a new challenge and eliminate XP from PVP and only award XP for the first time a skirmish is completed. The reward of glory for PVP should be sufficient and will keep players playing content to earn their levels. The would help in keeping each area they progress to more of a challenge.

But then the pvp-only players would have to do pve content! *gasp* oh the humanity! The alternate universe that was created by this suggestion is filled with much wailing and nashing of teeth, and it's all your fault!
  • lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Scott, thanks for the letter. As a developer myself i KNOW that sometimes you just cant do it NOW. As a start: filing in a ticket and getting the message "ticket #3,395,357 successfully submitted", brings the AAAND, IT'S GONE-meme into mind. Please provide us with some sort of bugtracker. Knowing that the reported bug has been received, someone confirmed it and someone is at least moving it onto the todo-list is a big step forward.
    edited April 2015
    r000kie wrote: »
    ... I also think they messed up, they wanted them to be bound if slotted already...

Agreed - I think that was their intention as well. It only binds when you actually equip it though, and intentional or not, is the way it SHOULD be. I have several bags on a few alts and none of them NEED the bags since I don't really *use* my alts for anything much, they just have it because that's where it ended up at some point. I'm glad to have the opportunity to at least get those bags unequipped so I can sell them or allocate them to a toon permanently -- choice is good.