test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Message Regarding Neverwinter: Elemental Evil

yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
We have posted an update regarding Neverwinter: Elemental Evil, and how our team is gathering, assessing and taking action on community feedback. The full blog can be read here.

Please feel free to continue feedback for Neverwinter: Elemental Evil here. We will update the community as we make changes to the game.
Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sempradraconissempradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13
    edited April 2015

Tested on today patched preview, CW Skills Entangling Force and Icy Terrain keep bugged on Rang4. Or its just a Bugreport..i dont know how often it must be reported....
  • cybercyanidecybercyanide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the communication! I'm looking forward to how we can work together, community and devs, to bring this back in line! I love Neverwinter and really hope this will bring back the love many of my friends had for it as well before all the 'Disheartening Strike' hit.
  • drwarpeffectdrwarpeffect Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am not sure I understand the whole design approach to Module 6. To me it seems I have to level up to 70 to play the same content I was playing, and enjoying at level 60, only I am getting killed very often now where it was very rare before. I also am not happy that many trade tasks take longer than before even though my skill is higher. Something is very wrong when a player like me that focuses on improving my character is very unhappy after the level cap is increased by 10. This is not simply a complaint that the game is harder, my biggest complaint about the game since day 1 was that it is too easy. The approach here just is no way to go to correct the previous deficiencies.
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While you're at it could you do something about rewards? Like in general; most "endgame" content is not rewarding enough (in my opinion), sure some items are supposed to be rare (like artifact equipment) but in mod6 it's common that boss doesn't drop anything at all (except for some seals) also most heroic encounters I did didn't really had any replayability due to effort needed compared to reward given (worst reward I got were 15 dragon hoard coins and rank 5 draconic enchantment, best R5, 15 coins and dragon coffer) and on top of that not many players decide to do them at all (probably due to rewards it offers).

PS Heroic encounters seem like perfect "farm spots" for refining points items
    PPS humble wish: would it be possible to change weapon/armor enchantments upgrading on lower levels to the same way they work on higher levels (where you no longer need another of the same kind)
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So ... Is Badbotlimit in charge of the foundry again? orrrrrr...

I'll write up my diatribe on mod6 tomorrow. ;D

New muppet tv show aimed at adults btw.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • alyaakhalyaakh Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mattock13 wrote: »
    Yikes.

Here's some
    Feedback:This is terrible. The grinding in this game is reaching destructive levels. The experience levels and vigilance quests of the Elemental Evil zones are are already mind numbing. Nerfing other sources of exp is...
    +1 I will add, if they're looking at the feedback, where on these forums are the multitude of threads complaining about the lack of grind in this game, since that is what nerfing ToD quest xp basically boils down to.
    Простая Кавказская девушка я, Но все же прошу послушать меня, Скажу вам-довольно огня и войны, Ведь мы же Кавказцы-мы духом сильны!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, they are offering a double XP week.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Holy ****! A double EXP week.

All my accounts are going 70. Finally a good thing for once...
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Now make that a double XP and double RP refinement week and then that would be much better. And just sitting in PE and invoking almost all of my characters are already to level 64, except for my two paladins and my main which is level 70 already.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Okay, may as well get this on the first few feedback pages...

Each of these is a mere page and a half of concise solutions to hopefully bring new life to the foundry and improve the longevity, interest, and profitability in Neverwinter as a whole.

Completely Preventing Foundry Exploitation Implementation

Foundry Zen Store Incentives

...and bugs/requests that have gathered since beta:

Current Verified Foundry UGC Related Bugs

Foundry Requests and Suggestions
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why are obsolete artifact belts dropping from the Heralds now, instead of Greater Belts?

Some Rank 4 powers are still bugged

Lag and rubber banding are very bad in Spinward Rise and T1 dungeons.

Difficulty of some mobs, while leveling from 60-70, should be toned down some
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think the best feedback I can give is to stress that you read *all* of the various feedback threads so as not to get a skewed picture of what we the players want. I can already foresee the BiS-PvP-type-A-personality-power-gamers coming in here and screaming "mod 6 is too EASY!!!"

Beware.

There are multiple feedback threads all over the place (including a very long one that's over 30 pages). Please make sure to read everything to get an accurate picture of mod 6 in the players' eyes.

Special note to Eldarth: load up your post with as much Foundry feedback as you can! It might be now or never.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    By the way, the OP is still not flagged as a dev, and isnt showing up in the devtracker O.o

It's kinda annoying.

He doesn't even mention the refining system in his post C_C.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • monokherosmonokheros Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its not the zone reuse or the hard hitting mobs the bosses with a billion hp struggling is ok in my oppinion especially at the new level limit we should struggle

its the level 'adjusting' in the NEW content that really got me ding 70 and go to the firey pit and get deleveled ? WTF were you thinging wasted code time there

you could have been comeing up with NEW MAPS / QUESTS or just content in general

there SHOULD be an entire realm out there to explore and what do we get? keep on the borderlands repopulated with what? in some cases the SAME MOBS.

come on now my FIRST DM did that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and he was learning just like me at the time.
  • odikaaraodikaara Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm still trying to grind through the Sharandar Campaign with three level 60 toons. I don't want to socialize, i don't want to group up, i don't want to join a guild. I want to kill things with my companion like i've been doing all along. Now the first mob i encounter kills me. Screw that.

No logical progression means no more wasted time playing this game. Thank you for shattering my enjoyment of your game, now will actually be able to get things done in real life instead of logging in to milk AD and grind XP.

Good luck and god's speed cause you're gonna need both.
  • woundtwisterwoundtwister Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My main question is, what caused the huge turn of events with the level 60-70 balancing and difficulty? There was little discussion and philosophy behind the major changes. There so far has been very little communication as of late and it needs to change. I can understand it was necessary to increase the difficulty somewhat, but it's now on the extreme end other spectrum. I have leveled my CW to level 70 and now I'm wondering what is there left to do after the grind? Since the campaigns are now geared to level 70, all features and functions should have been changed accordingly with new armor instead of the same level 60 armor sets I currently see now. Event the campaign tasks in the UI have not been updated with anything new, so why should I continue to grind away at them?

I have T3 black ice armor and do reasonably well in the first two campaigns, but IWD and WoD are very difficult without dying many times. If I upgrade any armor to the new black ice sets, I mainly see a significant increase in HP but not much else in the way of useful stats. I could only imagine the frustration new or under geared players face for gearing up without having to be carried through the end tier dungeons. I can understand that dungeons should be hard, but leveling areas and dailies should be solo friendly along with something to work for (similar to the pre mod 6 play style). To date it is not in the 60-70 tier. Why? What happened?

At any rate, I have supported this game since beta monetarily and play wise. I have to ask, where is the beef in the latest mod? Even after a delay of several weeks, it still seems half rushed and numbers based on some Excel spreadsheet for balance. From a business process standpoint, there is a lot of work to be done both game balance wise and from what your future expectations are looking forward with the game. I am not sure what happened with the layoffs and the current team that appears to have new folks involved, but something really went wrong during the development process recently. Perhaps in retrospect, the mod should have been cancelled until everything was finally worked out.

In closing, you won't get far with the cash shop if people are frustrated with playing the game and leave. Please don't let yet another good MMO go down the tubes. At this time, this is what will occur is something doesn't change sooner rather than later. I'm not sure what has to be investigated, but time is of the essence. The essence of evil will not work in your favor for long!
  • woundtwisterwoundtwister Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am not sure I understand the whole design approach to Module 6. To me it seems I have to level up to 70 to play the same content I was playing, and enjoying at level 60, only I am getting killed very often now where it was very rare before. I also am not happy that many trade tasks take longer than before even though my skill is higher. Something is very wrong when a player like me that focuses on improving my character is very unhappy after the level cap is increased by 10. This is not simply a complaint that the game is harder, my biggest complaint about the game since day 1 was that it is too easy. The approach here just is no way to go to correct the previous deficiencies.

Agreed! Setting expectations in the game only to have the bar raised from 1 to 10 at level 60 is not a good way to manage an MMO. It's never good to set expectations that the game is easy the put a barrier in the way down the road (i.e level 60-70). It will just cause people to stop playing prematurely and leave.
    edited April 2015
    mattock13 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning the desire to do right by the players. And it is a good gesture. I just think that if you have to offer double XP to entice players into leveling 60-70, then things might be getting tweaked in the wrong direction.

Logically, it may be to help players catch up with the curve and ease the grind a little while the team hammers out some farther-reaching changes.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • jiinksjiinks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    So... his first act is to nerf the XP from the ToD dailies?

Really?

I'm really struggling to understand how this could be expected to build confidence in the new lead and the team that is assessing and taking action on community feedback.

Maybe this needed to be done at some point (but prioritized into this week's patch, really?), and yes, I realize the double xp week will be nice. But in the context of listening and reacting quickly? Nope, this is alien to that universe.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Overall feedback -

To the players : Not everything is "the Devs' fault". I am a wee bit sick of hearing that especially as a former volunteer dev for Neverwinter Classic. These guys get harsher dealines, and pressure to "save money by saving time". They have bosses to answer to as they are paid by them.

To the Devs (and your bosses) -

Whilst recycling areas to save time for a new module release is understood (and the "bottom line" on money) please be mindful of old areas previously used in Event Skirmishes now being partly recycled into "new areas". I've noticed several parts used once more in very well disguised manners.

Monsters, dungeons, skirmishes, and previously lvl 60 areas ARE a bit too difficult for the Free to Play people that consistently come in. You do want a challenge for somebody whom paid massive amounts of money to SOMEHOW be all Mythic Artis and Rank 12 enchants within 2 days of module 6 release, but it shouldn't be made extra hard for newbies just reaching via good old follow quest and use found loot methods. ( I include those sensible enough to use the resources of the Auction House.)

If you're going to have Pay for Play Packs maybe have them include a special key that unlocks MYTHIC HARD areas for them instantly, whislt also offering it to Free to Play people via say Rank 25 professions, Campaign items, and in game Zen purchase of just the key. Same rewards as the Epic areas, just more challenge.

The lack of blue loot needs addressed in a way that listens to the "please don't let rank 59 blue drop in lvl 60-70 areas", but doesn't make it completely meaningless in non-Epic dungeons. There's probably a loot table line to twiddle there.

Castle Never flat out needs to be a shorter dungeon run. I appreciate how pretty it is, but it's too much of a grind ever since it came out. On average it takes 1 1/2 hrs to MAYBE finish.

Malabog's Castle is laggy due to it's size, and most notably at the start of it with the open area and towers to explode. Remove some FX, and have going through the gate after blowing up the towers be another area?

I'm trying to remember everything brought up in GuildIP chatter. Bear with me.

A small chance for Rank 6's in end Epic chests?

A Ward that can convert a 1% chance into an 80% chance for upgrades so it's between a Preservation, and a Coalescent ward?

A Lockbox Reward Event limted time skirmish? (Includes lockbox items past and present. No lockbox needed. Moderate random chance for ANYTHING.)

Check all the Paladin rewards are Paladin specific. (I know Paladins will take a bit of work still overall.)

A mailbox in Well of Dragons please?

The ability to make certain SINGLE dyes in Professions?

The rare treasure in lvl 4+ dungeons in Sword Coast Adventures to drop a Professions Asset from a treasure chest? (It'd be very attractive loot even if it's Uncommon Green items like a Leatherworker, or Anvil.)

I'm sure there's more, but that's long enough of a list.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • vampirecavyvampirecavy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mrgh... I feel like the lack of addressing the issue of rank 4 powers is bad (how did that even HAPPEN to poor weapon master). Plus, the only TR bug that got fixed was one that made them stronger (though admittedly it was an absurd bug) - Shadow of Demise isn't working properly, and despite playing my TR to level 70, I'm still not entirely sure how it works now.

That being said, if this stuff is planned down the line, I'm cautiously optimistic here. I want this game to do well, and acknowledging that the launch was filled with mistakes is the first step to fixing said mistakes.
    edited April 2015
    jiinks wrote: »
    I'm really struggling to understand how this could be expected to build confidence in the new lead and the team that is assessing and taking action on community feedback.

Maybe this needed to be done at some point (but prioritized into this week's patch, really?), and yes, I realize the double xp week will be nice. But in the context of listening and reacting quickly? Nope, this is alien to that universe.

It feels strange writing this, but I can't bring myself to become bothered by it (and I know, it's a nerf). Everything in WoD is so over-the-top difficult for my poor archer that I can't do any of them anyway. Going there is like trying to traverse the FRG-GDR DMZ -- suicidal.

My HR has an iLvl of 3205. That's how over-the-top the difficulty is.

As for the double-XP event, I'm on the fence as to what I want to do there. I have 5 alts parked at 60 and one parked at 49. When the multiple survivability nerfs and amped-up enemies went live with mod 6, I deliberately parked them to save my sanity. None of them have the gear that my HR has, and if Thia can't survive then neither can they. I'm not sure if I want to put myself through grinding one of them up to 70 -- even with the XP boost -- as in the end I'll wind up having to park them anyway. I suppose a marginal benefit would be that I could resume invoking and doing leadership tasks on an alt without worry of pushing them past level 60. Honestly, though, leveling an alt to 70 would be the lowest of my priorities at present. The option is nice, at least.

Player survivability. I can't stress enough the criticality that I place on that issue above all others that have arisen since April 7. That's what is missing in Mod 6 and what I'm looking for going forward.
    edited April 2015
    Logically, it may be to help players catch up with the curve and ease the grind a little while the team hammers out some farther-reaching changes.

Let's hope this mess get's fixed sooner rather than later. BTW the link in your signature for Constructive Feedback Tips does not exist :)
    edited April 2015
    Let's hope this mess get's fixed sooner rather than later. BTW the link in your signature for Constructive Feedback Tips does not exist :)

Fixed the link.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A few small steps would greatly help to re-endear players to the game:

1. Add level 70 versions of the Dread Ring and Sharandar lairs to said lairs and/or to the campaign currency vendors.

2. Just make the enemies in the campaign zones level 70. Campaigns comprise the "dailies" that people run, (often solo). You aren't going to get people to team by making these areas so difficult. All you are going to accomplish is pushing people out of the game.

3. Restore all dungeons - make the non-revamped ones just have level 70 enemies, and notate them with an advisement that all dungeons will be reviewed and adjusted at a later date.

4. Make it clearer that the "complete 16 vigilance quests" mission is needed to progress in the Elemental Evil zone/storyline.

5. Review enemy abilities in light of the increased difficulty - Those Powries, which were annoying due to their AP sapping ability, are now a huge pain in the butt because you simply cannot kill them fast enough. Minions in general should not pose that kind of threat to a seasoned adventurer.

6. Be more forthcoming with the updates - even if a dev bumps the existing thread to say "we're still working on things", at least it's something. Silence leads to murmurs, and murmurs lead to theorycrafting...

7. Put your money where your mouth is - show us how fresh 70's, with only green gear, can take on a T1 or T2 dungeon, (and just brute forcing it while going through a stack of injury kits doesn't count).

8. I appreciate that the campaign progression for Sharandar was reworked, but its gear store still has level 60 items. Make all campaign rewards more worthwhile.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    MC does need to be fixed, it is way to laggy, I get 60fps normaly but only around 10 in MC.
    edited April 2015

Hmm. Now I have a question. Now that I've done the grind with one character and gotten the various 16/16 vigilance rewards, I've concluded that I don't really need them if I already have Draconic Templar -- though Eternal is still needed one hitting 70, but that's a separate issue.

So, my question is, is it possible to get the artifact mainhand and offhand at the end of the EE campaign without doing all 192 quests? Last week we were all wondering about it in guild chat and no one knew. That would *really* make the double-XP event useful.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    reposted for another thread

Hi,

Wanted to leave some feedback on mod 6 regarding items/enchantments.

1. Tranquil Enchants: These need to be tuned up some. I suggest having it as a percentage of your health (1%,2%) similar to tene enchantment. I think this would really make the enchantment useful, keep it as it is as far as proc'ing . multi procs would make it too op

2. Soulforged: This enchant could use some minor tweaking. Health regained after recovery should be a percentage of your overall health. Also if at all possible it needs to shield you for the entire animation of a prone if that is what kills you. Right now if you get proned, your SF goes off while you are on the ground and getting up. Then when the prone animation ends you are dead.

3. Vorpal. The pure and trans versions actually debuff the character not the target. Minor fix

4. Pocket pet and Tymora's lucky coin aren't scaling well at 70 if at all. Suggest buffing them in order to make them relevant. Especially Tymora's coin.

5. The new professions resources don't drop out of old grab bags that say scale with level. IE Gift of Gods, Gift of Tymora. These need to be tweaked.

6. Feytouched You had to have seen the reports by now.

7. Barkshield. I would suggest making these a percentage of your health as well.

8. Bronzewood. Need tweaking. Perhaps removing cooldown.

9. Lifedrinker, bilethorn, briartwine, flaming. Damage needs to be buffed for all of these. Or add in a feature the removes opponents daily (similar to powrie in sharadar). Could make these useful again

10. Balance is all over the place right now. I will wait till after the 23 to go into that. see what is changed

11. Temple of Tiamat needs the ability to que for it as a raid. Honestly this is something that should have gone through a long time ago. It is going to require well geared players and coordination to beat right now. Give us that option please. This would make guilds so much more useful as well. Please do this soon. Or dumb down the dungeon so that random 25 people can complete (this would not be the ideal path)
  • anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sword master rank 4, dosnt work at all
  • jiinksjiinks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Hmm. Now I have a question. Now that I've done the grind with one character and gotten the various 16/16 vigilance rewards, I've concluded that I don't really need them if I already have Draconic Templar -- though Eternal is still needed one hitting 70, but that's a separate issue.

So, my question is, is it possible to get the artifact mainhand and offhand at the end of the EE campaign without doing all 192 quests? Last week we were all wondering about it in guild chat and no one knew. That would *really* make the double-XP event useful.

You get the offhand once you hit level 70, no matter how you get there. For the main hand, you need to complete Spinward Rise. You can skip the zones leading up to it, though.