test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck at Neverwinter Sign after the patch (CAN'T LOGIN)

Comments

• Options
    buddahcjccbuddahcjcc Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same here and I reinstalled today. It stops at materials files loaded then goes nonresponsive
  • Options
    buddahcjccbuddahcjcc Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If I ctrl alt delete, theres another window opened as well
  • Options
    drago780drago780 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I get stuck at the black launcher screen that shows "Loading...please wait"
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wow I was just starting to panic lol , like others have said , when you get to the screen that says Neverwinter in orange/red letters it will become unresponsive , you just have to leave it and it will finally load after several minutes ...
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    mrcharlytoomrcharlytoo Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I get past the patcher then I'm stuck on the loading screen
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    akromatik wrote: »

Hi everyone, the login issues (not the 3D Direct issues) look to have been resolved. We will continue to monitor the situation as it progresses.

For the 3D Direct issue, we recommend updating you video card's drivers (that has worked for some). If that does not work, please send me a .txt document of a dxdiag of your system that I can send to our developers. The more info we have on this, the sooner we can get it resolved. Thank you!

To create a dxdiag log:
    1. Open the DirectX Diagnostic tool
    * Windows 8.1
    a. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap "Search"; or point your mouse to the upper-right corner of your screen, move the mouse pointer down, click "Search"
    b. Type "dxdiag" (without quotation marks), and then tap or click "dxdiag"
    * Windows Vista/7
    a. Click the Windows "Start" button.
    b. Type "dxdiag" or "dxdiag.exe" (without quotation marks) in the search box.
    c. Select "dxdiag" or "dxdiag.exe".
    * Windows XP
    a. Click the Windows "Start" button.
    b. Click "Run".
    c. Type "dxdiag" (without quotation marks) in the Run window then press "Enter".
    2. Click on "Save All Information as a text file" and save it on your desktop.
    3. Additionally, if you have a 64bit system, please click on the "64bit Dxdiag/DirectX" button to save the correct log file.

Any chance you could take a look at this problem described here:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?882801-bug-error-36-a-file-was-Locked-that-could-not-be-open-for-writing-after-maintenanc

Every time i try to do the patching i get that error message:(
  • Options
    dougalatus96dougalatus96 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've verified the integrity of the game cache twice, downloaded 2 missing files twice, and the issue still persists. Yes, It certainly must be the update, as each time I download the two missing files, the game auto updates again before the launcher pops up.

I get stuck on the second loading screen before the character selection server; the bar is stuck on "Material files reloaded". Apparently, windows believes the game is unresponsive, so there's certainly something odd happening, not just a case of waiting.
  • Options
    midranderbrmidranderbr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello everbody,

After the patch something happened to my client and I am unable to login back to the game. After the launcher launches the game, it loads and when the Neverwinter sign comes it stucks there and the game stops responding... What do I do?

Heres a video of what happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06cgKAcaPlY

The same happened to me after upgrade when the game starts to load and appear on the screen NEVERWINTER it crashes and not out of it.
  • Options
    ditadornicastroditadornicastro Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Work normal now. thx.
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Any chance you could take a look at this problem described here:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?882801-bug-error-36-a-file-was-Locked-that-could-not-be-open-for-writing-after-maintenanc

Every time i try to do the patching i get that error message:(
  • Options
    retep70retep70 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Work normal now. thx.

its not fix for me
  • Options
    neamineami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's not working for me either, eternal loading screen of material files reloaded is still a thing.
  • Options
    blackfang989blackfang989 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't get the game launched it keeps crashing at the logo for me:(......any suggenstions?
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Started in safe mode. Waited with loading screen for several minutes and it finally loaded to the character selection screen for me.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    smilingsun72smilingsun72 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here. Both my spouse and I are having the same problem. You can log in but when you get to the screen that has NEVERWINTER on it stays there.(This is the screen right before the character appears). Eventually get a box telling us that the game quit launching. We both logged off and logged back in with the same results. We even tried launching both through Steam and ARC with the seem thing happening. So we know that Neverwinter Online is having problems. We were looking forward to playing.
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can't load into game as well. After it patched , game will not load. Drivers and directx are up to date. Have been. Working fine before the patch. Not a happy camper at the moment.
  • Options
    ygwildygwild Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Started in Safe Mode, stuck at Neverwinter Screen. Forced Reverify Files...stuck at Neverwinter Screen.............Wow, Im glad my OP has his Lagacy Weapon now, but its a moot point if I cant play it.............
  • Options
    spookholiospookholio Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    t4wzn8.jpg

:(
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Safe mode doesn't work either. Still will not load. Just roll back the server to before the patch so the rest of us can play again.

Nope, doesn't load at all. Safe mode didn't load, trying the game after safe mode, still didn't load.
  • Options
    ygwildygwild Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tried Preview Server as well... no luck
  • Options
    smilingsun72smilingsun72 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here. Both I and spouse having same issue. At NEVERWINTER it sticks there then get a box saying the game quit launching. We tried launching both through Steam and Arc....same issue. Others are having similar issues. Only suggestion is that NVO team probably is aware of issue and working to correct it. It just means the players are have to wait til they get it all sorted out. :(
  • Options
    alanskorneralanskorner Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here. Both I and spouse having same issue. At NEVERWINTER it sticks there then get a box saying the game quit launching. We tried launching both through Steam and Arc....same issue. Others are having similar issues. Only suggestion is that NVO team probably is aware of issue and working to correct it. It just means the players are have to wait til they get it all sorted out. :(

i hope that is what it is, i was worried it was my computer for a little bit
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    still error 36 !#¤%!
  • Options
    krystina74krystina74 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same here!
  • Options
    phineasjphineasj Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm still having the same issue, updated video drivers too.
    Bammer, Branch leader of NOR
    You can cantact me: Bammer@newoutriders.org for more info
    newoutriders.org/join

• Options
    macturk83macturk83 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'am glad that I not the only one it not working for
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I send in a report to support let see now 5 hours ago

cant the just tell that file to unlock???
  • Options
    neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Gameclient.exe is not responding; despite doing a file verify and loading in safe mode is no go.
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the game is broken period

welcome to mod6
  • Options
    krystina74krystina74 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Finally got in after about 10 minute. Came up with the login screen I signed in and it went right to my character screen! Good Luck everyone
This discussion has been closed.