test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck at Neverwinter Sign after the patch (CAN'T LOGIN)

Comments

• retep70retep70 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yes my problem is not solved
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not fixed for me either.
  • tyria501tyria501 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Okay, I am only posting a new thread because the ones currently up do not address the problem I am having or I might have missed the answer in the 12+ pages. In which case, my apologies. A link to a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway. I am not having trouble logging in or authenticating. That works fine. The game loads as far as the Neverwinter title screen then just stops responding. I have waited for to right itself but that does not work. Any known fixes or a link to them, as already stated, would be ideal. Thank you.
  • excalibur1980excalibur1980 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    3 hours to fix a bug...
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What an awesome splash page. I've never taken a detailed look at it, but then again, I've never been forced to look at it for 5 min straight. LOL

Still not fixed all around.
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got in after a long wait on the loading screen.
  • tyria501tyria501 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nice of them to re-route me to an thread about Log-in errors that I am not having.
  • spookholiospookholio Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    retep70 wrote: »
    yes my problem is not solved

Same here, can't even get to the Login Screen: Loading, please wait ..

:(
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    warpet,How did it worked for you? can pls share how it actualy did? rite after pressing play button it will load and the game client crash box popping up , how different was it for you? What are the things you did before launching again, please do share this info, it might help other ppl. Thank you

let me try to explain what to do when u get to neverwinter loading do not press mouse or touch anything till it pass loading it will take some 5-10 mins

pressing mouse or touching keys would make it crash on loading at me
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sorry but the issue is not fixed.
  • strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This I why I quit spending money on STO & NWO cause they can't keep it up and running when they get payed. Its also why some freinds across the pond have quit playing, because of lag and the outages. My room mate had 3d problems yesterday. Today i still can't get on past the Neverwinter page, it quits responding. I have spent 1hr 30min. waiting to connect and windows task manager says not responding. So its up to them not us.

Finely I am in. We see how long it lasts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • mrcharlytoomrcharlytoo Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ditto - stuck at loading screen
  • xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here. I expect a new patch to have problems and all, but the least the devs could do is give the players some sort of timely updates on the current situation. Is that too much to ask?
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    I've reported this as a new report, since it didn't get resolved for everyone. Alas, I do not have any further information to share about it. I am sorry. :(

Hopefully we'll hear more about this soon, as I do know they are currently looking into this and a few other issues.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
  • ryuk2323ryuk2323 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hey all i liks to know if you can read your code and get in to the game for i can but when it nomale gos to my toon list i gets a black sceem and then it saying game is lording and from there i can only lokk the game down for the 10000000000000bill time:mad:
  • drago780drago780 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is anyone else getting this issue? I restarted my PC and it still isn't working..any advice?
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015

Hi everyone, the login issues (not the 3D Direct issues) look to have been resolved. We will continue to monitor the situation as it progresses.

For the 3D Direct issue, we recommend updating you video card's drivers (that has worked for some). If that does not work, please send me a .txt document of a dxdiag of your system that I can send to our developers. The more info we have on this, the sooner we can get it resolved. Thank you!

To create a dxdiag log:
    1. Open the DirectX Diagnostic tool
    * Windows 8.1
    a. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap "Search"; or point your mouse to the upper-right corner of your screen, move the mouse pointer down, click "Search"
    b. Type "dxdiag" (without quotation marks), and then tap or click "dxdiag"
    * Windows Vista/7
    a. Click the Windows "Start" button.
    b. Type "dxdiag" or "dxdiag.exe" (without quotation marks) in the search box.
    c. Select "dxdiag" or "dxdiag.exe".
    * Windows XP
    b. Click "Run".
    c. Type "dxdiag" (without quotation marks) in the Run window then press "Enter".
    2. Click on "Save All Information as a text file" and save it on your desktop.
    3. Additionally, if you have a 64bit system, please click on the "64bit Dxdiag/DirectX" button to save the correct log file.
    edited April 2015
    Akro, that still doesn't explain the launcher issues some of us have been having.
  • rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I still had a long load-in time on my first log-in to the game post-patch, although I did eventually get in after 5-10 minutes. I hope this won't be a repeatable thing from here on out, then.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
    edited April 2015
    And i cant still get past patch
  • buddahcjccbuddahcjcc Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same here and I reinstalled today. It stops at materials files loaded then goes nonresponsive
  • buddahcjccbuddahcjcc Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If I ctrl alt delete, theres another window opened as well
    edited April 2015
    I get stuck at the black launcher screen that shows "Loading...please wait"
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wow I was just starting to panic lol , like others have said , when you get to the screen that says Neverwinter in orange/red letters it will become unresponsive , you just have to leave it and it will finally load after several minutes ...
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • mrcharlytoomrcharlytoo Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I get past the patcher then I'm stuck on the loading screen
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    akromatik wrote: »

Hi everyone, the login issues (not the 3D Direct issues) look to have been resolved. We will continue to monitor the situation as it progresses.

For the 3D Direct issue, we recommend updating you video card's drivers (that has worked for some). If that does not work, please send me a .txt document of a dxdiag of your system that I can send to our developers. The more info we have on this, the sooner we can get it resolved. Thank you!

To create a dxdiag log:
    1. Open the DirectX Diagnostic tool
    * Windows 8.1
    a. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap "Search"; or point your mouse to the upper-right corner of your screen, move the mouse pointer down, click "Search"
    b. Type "dxdiag" (without quotation marks), and then tap or click "dxdiag"
    * Windows Vista/7
    b. Type "dxdiag" or "dxdiag.exe" (without quotation marks) in the search box.
    c. Select "dxdiag" or "dxdiag.exe".
    * Windows XP
    b. Click "Run".
    c. Type "dxdiag" (without quotation marks) in the Run window then press "Enter".
    2. Click on "Save All Information as a text file" and save it on your desktop.
    3. Additionally, if you have a 64bit system, please click on the "64bit Dxdiag/DirectX" button to save the correct log file.

Any chance you could take a look at this problem described here:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?882801-bug-error-36-a-file-was-Locked-that-could-not-be-open-for-writing-after-maintenanc

Every time i try to do the patching i get that error message:(
  • dougalatus96dougalatus96 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've verified the integrity of the game cache twice, downloaded 2 missing files twice, and the issue still persists. Yes, It certainly must be the update, as each time I download the two missing files, the game auto updates again before the launcher pops up.

I get stuck on the second loading screen before the character selection server; the bar is stuck on "Material files reloaded". Apparently, windows believes the game is unresponsive, so there's certainly something odd happening, not just a case of waiting.
  • midranderbrmidranderbr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello everbody,

After the patch something happened to my client and I am unable to login back to the game. After the launcher launches the game, it loads and when the Neverwinter sign comes it stucks there and the game stops responding... What do I do?

Heres a video of what happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06cgKAcaPlY

The same happened to me after upgrade when the game starts to load and appear on the screen NEVERWINTER it crashes and not out of it.
  • ditadornicastroditadornicastro Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Work normal now. thx.
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Any chance you could take a look at this problem described here:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?882801-bug-error-36-a-file-was-Locked-that-could-not-be-open-for-writing-after-maintenanc

Every time i try to do the patching i get that error message:(
    edited April 2015
    Work normal now. thx.

its not fix for me
This discussion has been closed.