Install Arc
Options

GF buff

13»

Comments

• Options
    ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I saw this at day 1, and i would agree. But know? After maitanance I think they ninja nerfed our dmg, not sure. Like i said im no longer lvl 60. Then my BC did 20k crit, now i saw 9k crit. It started to show normal for my toon numbers and bannana from my face is gone. Maybe its lvl 60 and stupid scaling.
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    GFS are my new bane on my dc.. (trs/cw the others)

Im trying out a virt healing spec for team increase AP , when I have all my hots rolling and a few crits, it does very well, but darn this new GF! its not a stalemate at all anymore, if they get to me before my hots are rolling.. im dead, just like a TR!

It almost ALMOST wants me to shake off my campfire gf =P.. nah, too much else to do.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    GFS are my new bane on my dc.. (trs/cw the others)

Im trying out a virt healing spec for team increase AP , when I have all my hots rolling and a few crits, it does very well, but darn this new GF! its not a stalemate at all anymore, if they get to me before my hots are rolling.. im dead, just like a TR!

It almost ALMOST wants me to shake off my campfire gf =P.. nah, too much else to do.

You want that GF with you, on your team, watching your back. A solid GF + DC tandem is BEASTLY as it should be. Tank + healer. An mmo gets it right. I pretty much had a nerdgasm last night when I was fortunate enough to have a good dc in a pug with my gf. The red team was a troll comp and wave upon wave of 3+ TR's could not shake us from 2. It was like being in a batters cage with the pitching machine shooting rat after rat and knocking them into far left field lol.
  • Options
    thexarkunthexarkun Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They finally got the GF class right. Can't wait to try it at 70 pvp with burning gear. This game is actually way more balanced now than it was mod 3-5 I think. No one class will guaranteed ROFLstomp another. Don't change a thing. (except maybe make it so paladins have less self heals.)
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    At first i thought they made us GF, overpowered as hell... (12 million damage anvil of doom, etc.) but when i gained levels my damage went back to normal ;((( So i believe this is a scaling issue, rather than a balance issue. And trust me i'm not biased since i am an honest and righteous person. So meh, GF feels the same as in mod 5, kind of. (after lvl 60) At lvl 60, you may very well hit 70k in pvp, hehe. idk why that is, though.

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you don´t really think these changes to GF were intended to make Gf more viable in PVP?
    take it as an accident , hope it lasts for a while
    there is not any logical nerf or buff to classes PVP wise imo, since this game does not make any decisions in case of making classes more balanced in PVP
    its all about PVE for sure, so disuss about things (that only were addressed to make GF more viabel in PVE), and believe in the devs having interest in your sorrows about balance in PVP ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    At first i thought they made us GF, overpowered as hell... (12 million damage anvil of doom, etc.) but when i gained levels my damage went back to normal ;((( So i believe this is a scaling issue, rather than a balance issue. And trust me i'm not biased since i am an honest and righteous person. So meh, GF feels the same as in mod 5, kind of. (after lvl 60) At lvl 60, you may very well hit 70k in pvp, hehe. idk why that is, though.

I think its natural to go from cannon ball to fortress as you level through 60's. I just hope they fix bloodtheft, because I can see a GF with a massive pool of HP, with incoming dc or op heals, taking a lot of damage and pretty much wiping the damagers via bloodtheft multi procs, all the while the GF stays at about the same hp due to the healing. Build a reflect build around that and I am positive there will be real qq'ing and calls for gf nerf when it isn't even the class but a bugged enchant.
  • Options
    cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    GF is fine at 70. I think people are upset about the 60-69 bracket scaling issues.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    cyence wrote: »
    GF is fine at 70. I think people are upset about the 60-69 bracket scaling issues.

It's a bit wacky when you are a wreckingball at 60, then at 65 you are getting wrecked by other GF's and are thinking "wow they must be geared". Find and check em after match and see they are lesser geared level 60's lol. The thing I am finding is that you need a Healer (DC or PAL), a GF, a TR, and a CW. Troll comps are failing. Even troll comps I've seen of all GF's. I think pvp is baancing its self finally.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I'm not really sure what to think of the gf in this mod. He seems like the most balanced he has ever been but yet seems too strong. I have been testing a lot and I can kill a sw, cw, cleric or rogue usually 1 hit if they have 30k hp or under and I have played 11 gg games and come very top each one since im able to 5v1 people on nodes and win....

The main issue to me seems that some classes are maybe just too squishy and it doesnt compare well with the new gf.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    I'm not really sure what to think of the gf in this mod. He seems like the most balanced he has ever been but yet seems too strong. I have been testing a lot and I can kill a sw, cw, cleric or rogue usually 1 hit if they have 30k hp or under and I have played 11 gg games and come very top each one since im able to 5v1 people on nodes and win....

The main issue to me seems that some classes are maybe just too squishy and it doesnt compare well with the new gf.

Crixus,

I think that the GF is in a good spot and should remain where it is, while I don't play one as a main, GF have been in a mediocre spot for the longest. They have ramped up the GF's damage up to that of a equally geared Paladin, so in respect, be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.

On the squishy part for other classes, yes without lifesteal to heal us back to full and face tank a real "TANK" class in PvP we can expect to die, like it should have been several mods ago, this isn't a single person fps based game as I know you know, it's team effort that wins the day.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As a GF i have to get hit in order to ramp up my 'burst' dmg, while a GWF can just flail away, like a Neanderthal and ramp up damage by just doing that. GWF's also have direct access to critical hit rate, while a GF does not have such option, at all. Play as a destroyer GWF and then claim again, that GF hits harder than GWF. Stop spreading these false rumors in order to get your class buffed.

GWF stacks last 3-4 seconds only anyone who can keep from getting hit by staying out of the way for that long gets to see the GWF do no damage again (GF's reckless attacker lasts 10 seconds). I'd also like to introduce you to my guildmates running GF who have 56% crit BEFORE buffs like reckless attacker. a GWF can do more damage then a GF but it takes him about 3 times as long to do it. GFs get nearly all their damage as burst right up front and in pvp that is what matters. So please, stop making assumptions and pay attention to what your class can actually do
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    gomok72 wrote: »
    Crixus,

I think that the GF is in a good spot and should remain where it is, while I don't play one as a main, GF have been in a mediocre spot for the longest. They have ramped up the GF's damage up to that of a equally geared Paladin, so in respect, be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.

On the squishy part for other classes, yes without lifesteal to heal us back to full and face tank a real "TANK" class in PvP we can expect to die, like it should have been several mods ago, this isn't a single person fps based game as I know you know, it's team effort that wins the day.

I have been testing with the gf a lot in past mods and he had countless issues and bugs and finally in this mod he feels right but yes some classes seem to squishy but i dont think that a gf problem and i can't test it since I only have one char.

Maybe gf should be left untouched and some of the other classes like cw and sw should get looked at next.

This might FINALLY be a balanced mod for pvp :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I would never call a CW "squishy" given the insane DR of shield on tab. It is, infact, comparable to feat/power buffed GF damage resistance. But yes, I think it balances very well vs gf in terms of range: gf owns close range as it should, CW owns distance. SW? That isn't even a real pvp class as it has absolutely no defense.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I would never call a CW "squishy" given the insane DR of shield on tab. It is, infact, comparable to feat/power buffed GF damage resistance. But yes, I think it balances very well vs gf in terms of range: gf owns close range as it should, CW owns distance. SW? That isn't even a real pvp class as it has absolutely no defense.

Me and my friend was saying the exact same thing earlier lol :)

And yeah cw arent squishy but maybe lacking in defence options. they cant control gf as much as they could before. this make sit easy for gf to pin them down but other than that i would say they are balanced. But sw is way too squishy. All classes should have a fair chance at pvp and these poor guys spend all there time running away or getting beat up.

I have seen a few threads where people complaining about tr nerfs but in my opinion that doesn't seem to be the case as I have been hit 90k by a rouge lol and they seem to be quite balanced.

Not really sure about hr or gwf. I havent fought many of them yet.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i think some of you are misunderstanding the new stat curves.Also comparing boosted lv60 GFs to 70 level.

When you will level your original Gf to 70 you wil see some things :

It's DR will get reduced by roughly 50%.
    It's damage wil get reduced by roughly 25%.

So Gf is still in disadvantage.

Boosted lv60 to 70s are not good indicator friends.Some scaling issues.At level 70,as said,you will be more squishy and will do less damage.

About GWFs in pvp....become ready for a rude and harsh awakening.....and i meant vesrus them.Just wait and see :)

HRs?Hindering shot,contricting arrow,root,melee,forsest ghost.Hindering shot ,constricting arrow ,root,melee...and goes on....

Trs?Slightly less damage than mod5 but still gods amongst men.

Cws:The 3rd OP class of mod5 got an encounter with 5 sec dc and 81k damage non crit.

Didn't notice the other classes though.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    i think some of you are misunderstanding the new stat curves.Also comparing boosted lv60 GFs to 70 level.

Boosted lv60 to 70s are not good indicator friends.Some scaling issues.At level 70,as said,you will be more squishy and will do less damage.

About GWFs in pvp....become ready for a rude and harsh awakening.....and i meant vesrus them.Just wait and see :)

HRs?Hindering shot,contricting arrow,root,melee,forsest ghost.Hindering shot ,constricting arrow ,root,melee...and goes on....

Cws:The 3rd OP class of mod5 got an encounter with 5 sec dc and 81k damage non crit.

I never understood a game that sets players up for disappointment rather than a sense of reward. You would think that is the opposite of what a person would want to get out of a game.
  • Options
    cxyencxyen Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I never understood a game that sets players up for disappointment rather than a sense of reward. You would think that is the opposite of what a person would want to get out of a game.

maybe disappointment is the focus of mod 6? Module 6: Elemental Disappointment :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    cxyen wrote: »
    maybe disappointment is the focus of mod 6? Module 6: Elemental Disappointment :rolleyes:

The shame is that if this game could be really well emulated the players would make a really fantastic game of it. It has that much potential. As of now though it just seems like that dying old starving cow they keep locked in a dirty shed and are just suqeezing the heck out of it to get the last bits of milk it has to offer before it dies.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Thanks hypervoreian ^^

Didnt know about the lvl scale difference.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Thanks hypervoreian ^^

Didnt know about the lvl scale difference.

:) C u in game friend :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    i ve fought many lv 70 GFs already while the dmg is a bit too high for a class thats not meant to be dps, overall the GF seems balanced its just the dmg is a bit too high.

Conq tree is a DPS tree by definition.And lucks survivability.
  • Options
    ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im 70 already (115k hp but saw 130k GF already). For now it look pretty cool. Every class have 100k+ hp. SW with his new choke looks cool, I saw few neet tactics with him. I must say, that 100k with tabed shield and negation CW with his heals is the tankiest class ingame... Its looking interesting. I ... MUST .... PLAY .... DOM.... MOAR!!!
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic