test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to invoke - cycle not resetting

ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have four characters. They all invoked yesterday once (I have RL responsibilities that precludes large amounts of time in-game daily). With the new system invocation should reset along with other dailies (at 3amPT as I recall). But when I logged in today at around 7amPT all my characters were ready for their SECOND invocation. I was expecting another FIRST invocation. So how does this "get a Cel Coin everyday" work?

Per the patch notes "The Invocation day resets when daily quests reset, allowing players to begin Invoking anew." This to me says at reset the Invocation should begin at level 1. Thereby allowing me to login, invoke, receive the Cel coin (as before mod6), logout, get on with RL.

I saw on the forum that there was an issue yesterday about the reset occurring multiple times within an hour (which I didn't experience) and maybe this is a variant manifestation. Anyone else see this? or can explain what I'm seeing?
Post edited by ixotl on

Comments

• Options
    bumfluffbobbumfluffbob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well I can't answer any of your questions, but when the final invocation on my main expired and I hovered the cursor over the invocation button, it said that I could begin the invocation cycle again at 8:36am. That's a pretty strange time for a "regular" reset...
  • Options
    sharonioussharonious Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mine said 2:33pm... for 3 of my characters. The fourth for some reason skipped the final invoke last night (around midnightish?) and went straight to the 1st invoke again (... I should do a bug report for that one).
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've made a full praying "cycle" yesterday, over 24 hours ago and the invoking has not reset at all - the rewards in the window stay greyed out, same as the praying button and when hovering over the button I get the message that the cycle will reset at 12pm - only that 12 pm have just passed and it didn't reset , at all.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here, ehhh...

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    None of mine were on 1st blessing today. They were on 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th, or 5th, depending on which character. Very odd, and totally messed up. Tomorrow I'm only invoking on 2 characters (if I can).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    cyphrus42cyphrus42 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The time on mine keeps resetting. This morning it said I had to wait until 6:26 PM to invoke. An hour later, it said 5:30pm. Now, after getting the patch it says 6am. So I haven't invoked since last night. It never reset and the time when I can invoke next keeps changing. Nice.
  • Options
    sollanesollane Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Invoke not resetingon 2nd day after my character still stuck at 2nd or 3rd invoke instead of resetting
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The reset at 3AM thing was included in *this morning's patch*. It has;t rolled around to 3AM yet for the patched fix to take effect yet. Revisit the issue tomorrow morning then rinse and repeat the complaint if it still isn't resetting.

You aren't looking at the timing right; if a doctor give you three pills and tells you to take one every 30 minutes how long will they last before they're all gone? If you say 90 minutes you're wrong. :)
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When I invoked this morning the sixth time, then hovering over the invocation button gave me the correct daily reset time, whereas before my characters each had a different new invocation time. So hopefully it's fixed now.

I also hope the rewards are fixed now. My characters all had different 4th invocation rewards (one had a green stone, the others had minor stones) which they kept getting in each invocation cycle. One of them also repeatedly got a bound level 59 identification scroll, despite being on level 60.

Also invocation rewards should be account bound, not character bound. Getting a stability stone on a character that does not have any stability artifacts is not nice.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, I was at 4/14 yesterday morning when I invoked. Problem is, I don't get to invoke multiple times s day, which was never a problem prior to Mod 6.

I invoke this morning and my "invoke number" is still 4/14. And I am at the "second" daily invocation as others have noted.

The weird thing is that for one two of my characters, it is higher. One is at 7/14 and another is at 5/14. And I have invoked the same on each. This is very weird./chaotic.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ah ha!

They have changed invoking to match the daily quest reset time! This was requested on these forums and they made it happen.

It is cool, but caught me off guard.

Still not sure why two of my characters are different from the other 20 of them . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    nubgamernubgamer Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    as of 3:05am PST this morning, one of my seven characters reset and was able to invoke. Yesterday that same character was the only one able to invoke, after reading the forums and seeing everyone say "it's fixed just have to wait for server reset" I did just that, well it's not fixed. Not sure if it helps, but the only character that I am able to invoke on is the first one in my character list, not sure if this has anything to do with it or not.
  • Options
    bezik01bezik01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2015
    I've invoked last time yesterday before midnight, today, after 12:00 CET I cannot invoke (still!!!!!) on any on my characters.

GG devs. You're the best.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mine all reset fine the first couple of days - except for the fact that some of them were resetting over and over early on in the day - but now NONE of my characters reset at all. So there's still a problem here. People online were saying that ONLY the character they were logged in as when the dailies reset had their coins reset, but I was not logged in at all so all of mine are locked out.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having the same issue. None of my characters can invoke. Were you logged in to the character you can invoke on when the dailies reset? I saw people saying that they were only able to invoke on the one character they were logged on to when the reset hit. I wasn't logged in at all so none of mine can invoke.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yep same here, could only invoke with the char that was logged on during reset. SAD FACE
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    keltikt00keltikt00 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yea, it's bust for me too, says I can reinvoke from about an hour ago, but has had that time since yesterday and is still greyed out.
  • Options
    phargynphargyn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah,.. I was experiencing the multiple resets,..... now if I hover over the button it says 'reset at 11:00 AM'. (which is the 'normal' daily reset time here.) It's well after 11:00 AM, and my invocation has not reset..... So, am I going to miss a whole days invocations?....
  • Options
    nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just logged off a couple of minutes ago.

Seven toons, seven instances of not being able to invoke.

Perhaps NW should switch back to the old invocation system until all of the problems have been "exterminated"?

So far the new system hasn't worked continuously for more than, hmm, say 24 hours?

Not a good sign. Really, it's not even the worst issue out there. Like say Ghost stories, which you apparently can't even finish due to an invulnerability bug.

well, guess I'll be seeing another patch when I log on again.

Good luck guys.
  • Options
    erlis53erlis53 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My main char, the invocation didn't reset. I invoked the sixth one yesterday afternoon. Logged in this morning and can't invoke. My little char is on the third invoke. I do them at the same time. What gives with my main char? Why hasn't reset for her?
  • Options
    nubgamernubgamer Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having the same issue. None of my characters can invoke. Were you logged in to the character you can invoke on when the dailies reset? I saw people saying that they were only able to invoke on the one character they were logged on to when the reset hit. I wasn't logged in at all so none of mine can invoke.

That is a good point, yes I was logged into the character I can invoke on when reset occurred, I did get logged out right at 3am and had to log back in but was able to invoke only on that character.
  • Options
    zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    akromatik wrote: »
    • Invocation: Resolved an issue with Invocation that would cause the timer to not reset properly in some cases.

Wah, wah, wah, waaa-aaa-aaa-aah!

3 AM next day after the patch, no invoke reset. If only you guys had some actual in-house game testers.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I haven't been able to pray for invocation for any of my characters since the patch yesterday. The tooltip says I will be able to after '12PM', but midnight and midday have passed here already.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Me to. Tooltip claims I can invoke from 1100AM GMT but at 1152AM GMT I still cannot invoke. Ticket number #3,357,243.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    rcethatsmercethatsme Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    At least we all have the same problem so they can not say it is our system or settings or some other bs.
    At 9pm when I went to work it said invoke would reset at 3am. Got home and none of my toons can invoke except the one I logged off with. They all say will reset at 3am.Yesterday I had 4 of my toons only get to the 1 hour wait mark and then all reset back to the 15 min start. I guess that gos to show U the old Saying " If it ain't broke, Don't Fix it"
  • Options
    leahlouwholeahlouwho Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I invoked Wednesday, last time as at 7pm PST. Have not been able to invoke since. The times kept changing. First time it said 9pm, then it changed to 3am. So then I came back in, it is now 4:06 am. Still can't invoke on any of my characters. Still says 3:00 am. Kind of frustrating.
  • Options
    bottleabeerbottleabeer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here. Just cannot invoke - all options are grayed out and the timer is blank
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cant invoke, too. I dont even have a timer.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    ohms66ohms66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    arabatur wrote: »
    Me to. Tooltip claims I can invoke from 1100AM GMT but at 1152AM GMT I still cannot invoke. Ticket number #3,357,243.

Same here, tooltip claims I can invoke from 1100AM but cannot at 12:27 and there is no countdown timer.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i havent had invoking reset for some 30+ hours on 8 characters
    Paladin Master Race
This discussion has been closed.