What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Authenticate

Comments

• slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I too have this issue. Still ongoing. LOL, I've been on a break for two months and Mod 6 is their last chance to try to regrab me, and I already don't like most of the changes I've been reading about, and what I saw on preview before I stopped that too. Not looking good so far!
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • sameoldstuffsameoldstuff Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am having the same issue --Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out-- I managed to get on for a short time and then lagged out unable to connect now with the same issue. I have a few friends on voice chat that play this game with me, and they are having the same issue as i am. Is this a temporary problem or a game stoper?
  • jappleseed1jappleseed1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

this problem has been happening to me for a while now, is there anything that can be done to fix this?
  • lueinluein Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have a friend playing now without having this issue and we're using same internet connection. weird he can play but i can't :x
  • raistlinmajere00raistlinmajere00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys, I'll tell you a way to login. I used proxy "eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com" port:80 with an external vpn. I've tried using the same proxy from launcher settings but it didn't work. Hope you guys can login and start enjoying soon...

oh... and thanks(!) to all helpful mods and techs for testing our patience for 8 hours (not counting the downtime because of MT).
  • ennteaenntea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same issue here, finally made it thru to the ingame character select screen, started rolling a new paladin, got dc'd, bout an hour later finally made it ingame, got dc'd before sleeping dragon bridge, still trying to get back in... also lost connection to the gateway, and the billing website gives an ssl error [An error occurred during a connection to billing.arcgames.com. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). (Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap) ], so even being in 'shut up and take my money' mode doesn't seem to work to appease the account server guardian.

then trying to post this on forum... a few times, I mostly get:
    Service Unavailable - Zero size object
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

3 cheers for launch days!
  • kingarthyrkingarthyr Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can get in with my alt email, but not my main email...go figure.
    edited April 2015
    Still an issue.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    I am sorry but I do not have any further information on this other than what I posted here in this thread some 7 hours ago: It's been reported and as far as I know, it's been passed on directly to the Developers.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
    edited April 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    I am sorry but I do not have any further information on this other than what I posted here in this thread some 7 hours ago: It's been reported and as far as I know, it's been passed on directly to the Developers.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]

Thanks for the reply.

Could you ask Akro or another dev/mod to add this to the list here?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?878511-M6-Known-Issues&p=10478051&viewfull=1#post10478051
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    slintash wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

Could you ask Akro or another dev/mod to add this to the list here?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?878511-M6-Known-Issues&p=10478051&viewfull=1#post10478051

It's not a Module 6-specific issue as far as I know, so that is why it's not listed there.
  • n989311n989311 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I try connect to account server from other ISP and it's working. As I can see different ISP's use different routes:
    3 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms jun1-m9-ae0-7.cln.net [79.98.8.253]
    4 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms mow-b4-link.telia.net [62.115.42.129]
    5 27 ms 27 ms 27 ms s-bb4-link.telia.net [213.155.130.140]
    6 33 ms 33 ms 33 ms kbn-bb4-link.telia.net [62.115.139.173]
    7 126 ms 122 ms 122 ms nyk-bb2-link.telia.net [62.115.141.105]
    8 128 ms 128 ms 165 ms bost-b1-link.telia.net [80.91.249.15]
    9 131 ms 131 ms 131 ms internap-ic-304640-bost-b1.c.telia.net [62.115.3
    8.110]
    10 128 ms 127 ms 127 ms border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.4
    1]
    11 143 ms 143 ms 142 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
    61.78]
    12 129 ms 129 ms 129 ms accounts.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.165]
  • beefcake44beefcake44 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd really like to know why I cannot access the launcher but my friend can.
  • voldinscarsveilvoldinscarsveil Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    been happening to me too. I can't access the gateway, I can't acess the update service for my launcher, I can't do anything. This is pissing me off! I've paid money (only for the dragon born but stiil) this is BS. Someone I know is playing and I'm stuck out in the cold... If this **** doesn't get fixed by friday, I'm done with this game. Oh, and I've sent at least 10 tickets about this problem
    edited April 2015
    It really sucks because I actually like this MMO! I really like the D&D Universe, even though I haven't played the tabletop RPG, and this is really my only gateway until I find some friends to play with. I actually plan to buy the Dragonborn pack too :\
  • voldinscarsveilvoldinscarsveil Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've played from 3rd ED to 5th ed. I've played this since open beta, I love this game, I've sent so many tickets it's crazy! I've been dming for like 7 years, played for 10, played the nevewinter nights games, read the drizzt books (if you havn't i suggest reading them) but everytime they update, there's these problems! I'd think (not knowing ANYTHING about code) That at least one person would erata these problems when they arise, save leave them and listen to people complain about it and do nothing! I don't know anything about programming, but I do know, to calm masses you talk to them, you go, " hey, yeah I know it's not working, and yeah we're working on it, but yeah, you need to mellow a bit, flipping does nothing but make people wigg out and that's not good for anyone, least of all, programmers, right?" that's it! just a short, hey, we know, we're doing stuff, chill. instead we get nothing.... Goramit, I'mma go watch Serenity and wait for it to come out....
    edited April 2015
    So I just got into the patch server and the game has patched. It seems to be working now, ill post a reply if it goes down for me again.
  • leppordgirlleppordgirl Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    still fails for me
    edited April 2015
    "Please do not create duplicate threads."

Please reply with status. It is reasonable to give an acknowledgment ....
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys, I'll tell you a way to login. I used proxy "eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com" port:80 with an external vpn. I've tried using the same proxy from launcher settings but it didn't work. Hope you guys can login and start enjoying soon...

oh... and thanks(!) to all helpful mods and techs for testing our patience for 8 hours (not counting the downtime because of MT).

Mod merged my thread into this and seems no one saw it. Game works fine for me after doing this.
    edited April 2015
    I still cant log in via the launcher. I don't have the technical skills to attempt using a proxy. If you can provide some easy to use steps, I can try. Can you list the steps?
    edited April 2015
    any updates?
  • vyxinn1vyxinn1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mod merged my thread into this and seems no one saw it. Game works fine for me after doing this.

How do you do that?
    edited April 2015
    Hey, sorry. I honestly didn't think problem wouldn't be fixed... Download a program called proxifier and enter the proxy I gave.(it's cryptic proxy so shouldn't be problem.)
  • nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It should NOT be necessary to use some back channel method to get into the game.

And it is getting tiresome to have my login for STO, CO, AND NW crash all the time. Especially since it tends to happen right around major patches and events. Like today.

I even bookmarked the most recent occurrence... "You may not log in from this IP address". Maybe some of you remember that, when on March 25th masses of us were locked out of the game.

AND.... funny thing, I just discovered that that particular thread has apparently been deleted.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?866941-You-may-not-log-in-from-this-ip-address/page16

That WAS the thread. Interesting, isn't it? Funny how this thread has been "disappeared". At least 16 pages of commentary, wiped out of existence. Except for a pair of bookmarks on my favorites page.

Don't worry. I've bookmarked this one as well, since now I'm going to keep score.

So anyway, it would be nice to have THIS login problem addressed. The error message is reading "Unable to authenticate. Connection to server timed out." Odd that the server is indicating available, nice steady green light and all.

One last thing... to the programmers who are hard at work (hopefully!) You guys should tell the mods to leave these threads open for a few hours AFTER a fix has ACTUALLY been generated. Then you might actually hear a "THANK YOU" instead of all this endless griping. I've taken programming classes (ICK!), and I have friends who work for the dreaded Micro Monopoly. I know how annoying and frustrating it can be to track down and isolate program faults.

SO. In advance. Thank you for all of your work. It IS appreciated. Y'all deserve hazard pay and medals so far as I'm concerned.
  • nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    One last thing... to the programmers who are hard at work (hopefully!) You guys should tell the mods to leave these threads open for a few hours AFTER a fix has ACTUALLY been generated. Then you might actually hear a "THANK YOU" instead of all this endless griping. I've taken programming classes (ICK!), and I have friends who work for the dreaded Micro Monopoly. I know how annoying and frustrating it can be to track down and isolate program faults.

SO. In advance. Thank you for all of your work. It IS appreciated. Y'all deserve hazard pay and medals so far as I'm concerned.

Went and got a drink, sat down, shrugged, and tried to login to NW. Got the patch, got dumped from the server the 1st time. But I was successful the second time!

Let's hear it for fast repairs!

Big Bravo Zulu to you poor underpaid programmer types. That's "**** Fine Job" in Navy Speak. Extra Hot pockets, doughnuts and caffeine for all!

THANK YOU!!
  • olegius88olegius88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys!
    If you still have this problem than try to use some specific proxy server under launcher settings ;)
    It helped me.
    Mainclass: DC
    Mainchar: Mr. Shu
    :cool:
  • discomanijakdiscomanijak Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    does anyone know how to fix it cryptic launcher autoupdate
  • executrix83executrix83 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yesterday,SBB (Serbia Broadband) put Neverwinter to its black list including gateway and all related sites.No one knows the reason why but they blocked everything thru their DNS servers.I couldn't get the launcher autoupdate working neither nor I can access any of these sites mentioned above except this forums.Can Cryptic help us with this issue and give some official statement?