test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150317a.5

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
This is currently intended to be the final build before we release on Tuesday! This is not the final list of fixes we will be making as we will be heavily monitoring activities during the day of release to triage any critical issues that may warrant a build sooner rather than later.

In addition, we are targeting a build with many additional fixes for release on 4/23.

Content and Environment
  • 3 man dungeons now give level appropriate rare items as rewards instead of at the maps level.
  • Resolved issues with some Heroic Encounters not being able to be completed or rewards being granted.

Items and Economy
  • Resolved an issue wherein Oathbound Paladins were unable to equip certain pieces of equipment created via Platesmithing.
  • Post level 60 buff potions now have updated icons.
  • Resolved an issue wherein Oathbound Paladins were unable to equip Armor of the Impenetrable Bastion.
  • Resolved an issue with some Hunter Ranger At-Will powers not dealing any damage with the new Artifact Equipment.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    This is going to preview now. Again, thank you for all of your posts, messages and feedback. It has been greatly appreciated and we wouldn't have had as much progress on the release without your help.
  • Options
    mattia78mattia78 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Server is unavailable atm
    404 Italians Not Found Guild Leader
    Matt Shieldheart 3.5k GF Conq PVE _ Matt Shieldheart 0 3.5k GF Tactician PVE _ Matt Shieldheart II 4.1k Buffer DC _ Matt Shieldheart III 4.3k Thauma CW _ Matt Shieldheart IV 3.5k Exe TR _ Matt Shieldheart V 3.9k Destroyer GWF _ Matt Shieldheart VI 3.1k Trapper HR _ Matt Shieldheart VII 3.1k Fury SW _ Matt ShieldheartVIII 3.6k OP Justice _ Matt Shieldheart -8 3.1k Healadin _ Matt Shieldheart -9 3.1k Mof Rene CW
  • Options
    kyobi16kyobi16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bug:
    panderus wrote: »
    [*]Resolved an issue with some Hunter Ranger At-Will powers not dealing any damage with the new Artifact Equipment.
    [/LIST]

this does not belong on items and economy :p

on a side note i guess ill just have to wait for the 23rd.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is currently intended to be the final build before we release on Tuesday!

Does this mean the PTR will contain virtually the exact same build that will go live on Tuesday (minus small fixes ofc) ?

reason I ask is, is it safe to assume there will be no other major changes, so we can test things like PVE difficulty and have a fair assessment, things like weapon enchants, quests, the new 3v3 pvp?

Or is this just the final "small" patch to the PTR and all the larger (not yet released) updates are coming on Tuesday that will overhaul alot of the game, bugs, items, enchants etc?

In addition, we are targeting a build with many additional fixes for release on 4/23.

Im guessing you mean 4/3? or......
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    This does not bode well. 3 days ago I was on preview testing something in the Trade of Blades. In pops a cleric and casts Hallowed Ground, suddenly my AP recharges to full every 3 seconds and he could keep Hallowed Ground permanently up.

Asked how he did it, he just said it's a new bug and didn't tell me more. This is a major exploit however.
  • Options
    scarletsapphirescarletsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    im getting a message error 36 a file is locked that could not be written and it keeps restarting...actually it say a file is locked that could not be open for writing
  • Options
    dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Resolved an issue with some Hunter Ranger At-Will powers not dealing any damage with the new Artifact Equipment.
    Awesome Deal! thank you panderus
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    oh on a side not Panerus.. the salvager's enchants rank 7 and 8.. the bags are still dropping pre mod 6 potions and items instead of level appropriates.. not a big deal just a small one that would like to get looked at when time is available
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited April 2015

That'll give everyone time (even Pallies) to hit 70 before you crush our hopes with more EVIL content. :eek:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    tomiotar wrote: »
    So basically u are going to put on live server a version u know is bugged and u want the whole server play it till the 4/23, that is when u think can finnally finnish what it was supposed to go live at the beginning of this month? Whats the reasson of having a test server if u send to the live server something u know is bugged and need "fixes"?

As with any MMO its development is a continual process. Many of the issues that players have called our are either not actually bugs, balance concerns, already fixed or are fixed and just not absolutely critical for day one of release.

All software has bugs, they must all be triaged against your available time, resources and business needs. In addition, when preparing to make a larger release version you must ensure as much stability and crush as many of the showstopper issues as you can and just keep a build around to 'soak' to wrangle out any final issues that may come out.

I have had to say 'No, sorry' more times in the last couple weeks more than ever before. Just as many other times I had to rally the troops to smash an issues some of you never even knew existed (or just didn't call out).

If there are specific concerns you or anyone has, please call them out specifically and I will take a look at them. I don't always have time to respond to everything, but that does not mean myself and others are not listening. If we did not read the forums we would have no reason to keep them around.

I hope this clears some things up and gives some insight as to how development works and look forward to any issues you callout.
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Are the XP rewards from level 70+ quests final then? These seem a lot lower then they should be?
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    did you guys finally fixed Water of Elahzad healing cause its still shows 0.

There were cases where an artifact got into a weird state during development of the module. Is this the case for any new versions of the item you acquire or copy over?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    okies.. Rapid shot / strike equip bonus is working correctly. and Server is up.. gateway is still lagging though.. Looking forward to the 7th :)

Thank you agian panderus for doing what you guys can.
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    berthraktusberthraktus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Briartwine Enchantment will be pure or trans versions? So far in the preview that the maximum Enchantment is coming version is perfect
    No Pain -.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    so you're supposed to have BiS dungeon gear, that only drops from killing bosses in epic dungeons, in order to do daily quests in IWD?

sure, that's fine.
  • Options
    glartyglarty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    BUG - Greater Belt of the Seldarine

At epic and legendary its reporting 1 less ability point.
    Don't have a real one to test though.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    walk2k wrote: »
    so you're supposed to have BiS dungeon gear, that only drops from killing bosses in epic dungeons, in order to do daily quests in IWD?

sure, that's fine.

BiS gear to solo them, I suppose.

They are quite doable with 3+ people.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    at LEAST fix the bug of wild medicine and change how barkshield works.
    really at least
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Question -
    There are no single ability belts in collections, eg Greater Plated Band of Constitution.
    Are they being released at launch or afterwards or never?
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bug:
    Lifedrinker: Does not increase lifesteal or lifesteal severity. Also displays nothing in character sheet.

Bug:
    Feytouched: very strange, feytouched BUFFS THE HIT TARGET, also. First second, the dmg is reduced accordingly, then, for 8+ seconds the targets damage is buffed, not debuffed. The buff on yourself works properly. But not the debuff on the target.

Pls fix this because it affects all classes and players with thse enchantments that costs ALOT of money to upgrade.
    Thank you very much in advance.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    and spell twisting will keep reset artifacts cooldowns?:p

edit: i just tried it keeps reset artifacts......................
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    glarty wrote: »
    Question -
    There are no single ability belts in collections, eg Greater Plated Band of Constitution.
    Are they being released at launch or afterwards or never?

There are no new single stat belts. The new belts all go with a set.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    There are no new single stat belts. The new belts all go with a set.

Thanx for the reply.

Feedback -
    I just copied a toon across to preview and opened about 100 HE rewards, I got 2 Greater Sash of Charisma's.
    If this this is not intended then you have 1 more thing to do before release.
    Maybe this only happens on preview, no way to know.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think what panderus means here is that there are not any new styles of single stat belts. There are greater belts of constitution and strength though ect, they drop from the Heralds even if they are not in collections
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Bug:
    Lifedrinker: Does not increase lifesteal or lifesteal severity. Also displays nothing in character sheet.

Bug:
    Feytouched: very strange, feytouched BUFFS THE HIT TARGET, also. First second, the dmg is reduced accordingly, then, for 8+ seconds the targets damage is buffed, not debuffed. The buff on yourself works properly. But not the debuff on the target.

Pls fix this because it affects all classes and players with thse enchantments that costs ALOT of money to upgrade.
    Thank you very much in advance.

I thought i saw some tickets about these issues... I will have people double check.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Of note I would like to draw your attention Panderus to the artifact powers on the elemental fire weapons and offhands.

Currently on my GWF i have the Sure strike bonus attached to my Elemental Fire weapon but it only says ?? for the bonus when i have it applied to the weapon. in the manage artifact powers page it correctly reports what the value should be for using the SS power, and the other powers, but all of them show ?? when actually applied to the weapon.

I can't speak for other classes on preview but i heard that this was a similar issue with HR (which you fixed this patch) so i think it would be worth it to go through all the artifact powers on both the weapons and offhands to ensure they work correctly (the weaponmaster power on the GWF offhand on the Golden dragon never did give the correct 5% bonus at max stacks, it was always still only 4%). I will create an updated bug report with the issues on the weapon master feature and the weapon master OH bonus.

-edit-
    here is a link to the bug report Weapon Master feature bugs and weapon master artifact power bugs

Also, could you make a pass through the 4th rank of each power for each class to ensure that it is being applied to the power? Currently on preview (tested on the latest patch) putting the 4th rank into weaponmaster means it stops functioning entirely.

Also, GWF have still not heard back from the devs in relation to why Grand Fissure was suddenly nerfed by about 500% a few patches back with absolutely no mention of it in the patch notes. the destroyer feat Mighty Blade was also nerfed by 50% at this time without any mention at all. In relation to Mighty Blade, it does not seem to increase the damage of any AoE powers GWF use at the moment, so if this could be fixed as well it would be appreciated :)
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Gift of Tymora, Gift of Gods both don't scale at lvl 70. Profession items don't include updated loot table

Thanks for offering some insight
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Are the XP rewards from level 70+ quests final then? These seem a lot lower then they should be?

currently at lv 70 quests in the campaign zones are giving 1468 XP. A lot of the Hourly quests are only giving out 2785 xp, with the odd quest giving 5570.

these are pretty bad XP rewards right now honestly
  • Options
    xiuhdragonxiuhdragon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So all the artifacts still do 0 dmg .....
This discussion has been closed.