What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Gateway down?

Comments

• Options
    jyuen33jyuen33 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having the same problem on 4 different PC at 3 different location. Using 3 different ISP (ATT Uverse, Comcast, Sonic Fusion DSL). Gateway get stuck on varies screen or disconnect every few minutes. Generally very slow. Started a couple days ago and now just stuck at the login screen.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A hunch I have is that the gateway is now supposed to be showing characters on both servers and that for some reason is causing a major problem. Thats the way the gateway before worked when there were multiple servers. The character list had all toons across servers just that the server name next to toon was different.

They probably flipped the gateway switch monday evening and ever since its had problems. This is a just a guess but as many others have said...problems start around the same time as xbox launch...strange coincidence indeed
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was able to login to gateway briefly not long ago and do some professions tasks, but kept having to hit refresh (F5) quite a bit as it kept locking up. After about 5 minutes, I could never get a refresh to work and got booted to login.

Sigh . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    megatantrumusmegatantrumus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Its still hosed like a server running 100% CPU constantly..... my favorite thing to look at today: "LOADING"
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In British Columbia, it's down for me.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you...sure about that... this could be more fun =)

nw_no_load.png
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    Face it, this game is running on a shoe string and with the recent firings I really doubt it that they get their act together anytime soon. Not enough manpower, not enough budget, trying to roll out a new module, but every preview version so far has only introduced new bugs and imbalances.

On top of this they port their game to consoles, so everyone now has to pull double duty for Xbox and the Pc and all of that without investing into their infrastructure.

I work for a mid-sized internet provider, I see exactly these problems every day. Stuff breaks, no one is available to fix it because of other more pressing schedules, problems are being juggled between different departments where nobody has the time or competence to work on them. No extras are hired and the experienced workers just do their duty and try not to burn their fingers on pressing problems, cause they know that this won't get them a reward but only more annoying requests. Still the company does not go bankrupt because the base product is quite good, but everyone can see how poorly managed things often are.
  • Options
    b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Face it, this game is running on a shoe string and with the recent firings I really doubt it that they get their act together anytime soon. Not enough manpower, not enough budget, trying to roll out a new module, but every preview version so far has only introduced new bugs and imbalances.

On top of this they port their game to consoles, so everyone now has to pull double duty for Xbox and the Pc and all of that without investing into their infrastructure.

I work for a mid-sized internet provider, I see exactly these problems every day. Stuff breaks, no one is available to fix it because of other more pressing schedules, problems are being juggled between different departments where nobody has the time or competence to work on them. No extras are hired and the experienced workers just do their duty and try not to burn their fingers on pressing problems, cause they know that this won't get them a reward but only more annoying requests. Still the company does not go bankrupt because the base product is quite good, but everyone can see how poorly managed things often are.

*nods.. prob one of the reasons I never get upset about these things.. I am an IT guy.. I know why and how things don't work.. eventually they'll get fixed.. until then.. you just take a break.. ;)
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It is hard to fathom the thought process that led to axing 1/4 of the team right before the rollout on a new platform upon which the companies future likely rests.
  • Options
    callofkutulucallofkutulu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hmm maybe they should sell bug fixes in the zen store and we could buy those. Top 5 most purchased bug fixes each week get fixed in the following patch. Failure for one of the top 5 bugs to make it into a the subsequent patch release means they release a free blood ruby for everyone in game.
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Gateway is still acting up badly for me.

Took me three tries just to get in, it gives me a warning about unsecured connection, then once inside the load times are horrendously long.

It needs to be fixed still.
  • Options
    rovadixrovadix Member Posts: 55
    edited April 2015
    xbox lags is their priority now... so bye bye gateway
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Using gateway right now reminds me of using the internet in 1994.

beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep.....dooodo burrrrrrrrrrrr...chirpchirpweeewawa..sssshhhhhhhhhfuzzzzzzz...... Discconnected.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    megatantrumusmegatantrumus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    face it, this game is running on a shoe string and with the recent firings i really doubt it that they get their act together anytime soon. Not enough manpower, not enough budget, trying to roll out a new module, but every preview version so far has only introduced new bugs and imbalances.

On top of this they port their game to consoles, so everyone now has to pull double duty for xbox and the pc and all of that without investing into their infrastructure.

+++100 perfect!
  • Options
    topcho234topcho234 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "I also have the same problem, I get disconnected all the time and everything is very slow."
  • Options
    novynwnnovynwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2015
    "we cannot afford to buy new servers because people dont want to buy zen and xbox launch is ahead... we have no staff to fix bugs and inballance all around... you know what? we take servers from gateway, maybe none will notice... reschedule of mod6 is unevadable..." (!!!)
  • Options
    pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good day:

Same issues with the gateway... disconnections, extremely slow, extremely frustrating to use due to the disconnects, slow speed, and bugs (start button light up to click, and by the time you get down to the button, it's grayed out). When I started using the gateway, I could collect six tasks, assign six tasks, and move on in less than two to three minutes... Now... seven to fifteen minutes per character.

Thank you.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Actually Gateway is WAI right now, it's an Anti-bots measure.
  • Options
    digoliftdigolift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yes **** this XBOX. stupid administration. cant handle one server in pc always bugged and go release a xbox version go to the ****ing hell i hope this shiit XBOX thing fails mfckers
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    It's slowly starting to revocer now, at least enough to set new tasks without reloading the Gateway all the time. Either they fixed something or the stress on their network is down since it's late in the US.
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Actually Gateway is WAI right now, it's an Anti-bots measure.

As if bots would care. Only people do.
  • Options
    rovadixrovadix Member Posts: 55
    edited April 2015
    It's slowly starting to revocer now, at least enough to set new tasks without reloading the Gateway all the time. Either they fixed something or the stress on their network is down since it's late in the US.

aaaaaand died on character select again -__-
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And no it's not an April fool.
  • Options
    elvenaarelvenaar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yup it's been off since yesterday ever since I upgraded my Firefox to version 37 as on version 36 it was lagging like crazy, so I guess they need to get the security thingie up for version 37 again and fix some **** on gateway too, which they are apparently looking into, dunno how much will be solved in today's maintenance though.
  • Options
    elvenaarelvenaar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dunno about the rest of you, but for me it's not even starting up now since I upgraded my Firefox to version 37, so pls devs fix the gateway, but make sure you fix it for everyone. Thanks.
  • Options
    fizco38fizco38 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    come on already 4 days and all you have said is were looking into it, doesn't really instil confidence
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My guess is that they will just do maintenance, nothing else. Let's hope the additional server hardware and reboot will help.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yep, someone there will definitely be hoping that the gateway is magically fixed by the reboot later.