What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launch Delayed "A Few Weeks"

Comments

• Options
    guidakisguidakis Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    really good news! I hope now they read all feedbacks on the preview section, specially the bugs and the imbalanced classes.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is my best friday the 13th :)
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    good job on this decision, appreciate it
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am so glad that Cryptic was both willing and able to make this delay happen. Thank you for doing the right thing :)
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    I would prefer ever 6 months honestly, you can barely catch your breath around here of late.

^^^^ this.
    [...]
    Now, about that Gorgon; we need to talk.

Why, they obviously took the prize pig ('s skeleton frame and animations), and then put it first on a severe diet, then through the toughest boot camp in all Faerùn, and into a chromeplating bath. And somewhere in the middle the glued horns on and filed the muzzle to a more rounded shape.

What's your problem there???

;^)
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So, I seem to be in the vast minority. I personally would rather them release it on schedule, and then launch of polishing "Module 6.1" or something on April 7th to get it up to the state it would be on April 7th if they launched it then. Right now, I feel like pretty much everything I can try to do is going to go obsolete, and I can't really even finish any foundries because I want stationary mobs ((Aka summoning portals)) and we don't get those back until Module 6.

At least with a buggy Module released 3 weeks too early I can start working on it.

Flame as you wish, this is just my opinion.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    a wise choice
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Good news. More time to polish.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Looks like I'll get to keep that goal of getting my weapon to Legendary before m6 launch after all. Been under the weather and had to replace my HD on my laptop when it just up and failed.

Two preview server crashes, though, precious little data revealed on the new content, and the level cap alone was a rather ambitious undertaking. The delay could hardly be considered unwise. As to the time it took? Perhaps WotC had to indeed okay it. Or, perhaps the weekly meetings of the department heads said "we can't realistically make the content we want to deliver by this time and we're gonna need more time to polish it, or even to get it within spitting distance of where we want it to be". Yeah, they're gonna push it as far as they can because they really want to meet their target development cycle....but there comes a time when you have to say "it isn't doable as things stand right now".
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While excited to play new stuff, I am happy to know the devs care enough about the quality of the release to continue testing to be sure we all have a better gaming experience.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Good news!!

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    vjarlvjarl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thank goodness! Thought we were gonna have to "Go for the eyes Boo!!!".
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am pretty sure this is more about coinciding with WOTC's release date Which is April 7th for Princes of the Apocalypse.

http://dnd.wizards.com/elemental-evil

But it is good because this mod needs to wait with all its glaring bugs.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kr0nixx wrote: »
    Its good because it was not ready by any means, but they BETTER GIVE US SOMETHING TO DO UNTIL THEN!!!!

Throw us a couple CTA's please or at least one :S. Its pretty boring with no content to run............

more 2x refinement weekend
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    *Standing applause*

Smart decision. There are still a lot of things that need fixing that would have really harmed the game if it had gone live. Good on Cryptic trying to get it right rather than just trying to get it out the door.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd rather have a delay than bugs.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A balanced view on this:

The positive view- a very wise move to iron out bugs and hopefully provide more balance to the classes.

The negative view- launching mod 6 in a bad state the same day that eso 'launches' in a good state would be suicide.

Both are likely true.
  • Options
    skinlikewinterskinlikewinter Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Woot, time to grind out more linus, glory , seals and GG coins without spending 24 hours a day online!

Dont forget to do these two things as welll,

1. Dread Ring Dungeons for those guaranteed GMarks, in mod 6 they will become RNG drops.

2. Neverember Dailies as they will be gone in Mod 6. Do those dailies while you still can, it's free AD!
    I show player support, by only playing Neverwinter as F2P
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm waiting for the new modules to come back and see if I still like the game in spite of modules 4 and 5 but I'm glad it's been delayed a bit to address critical issues.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Perfect 20 weekend? :)
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    good.
    /10chars
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Going to be bored for a few more weeks but rather have that than a mod that is too rough around the edges.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I lost all interest once I saw during the AMA we get two T1's and a single T2 to do.

Where do we get gear from? The refinement circle got old about 6 months ago. Having no reason to do dungeons got old 6 months ago.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't see they can make meaningful new content and have it fully tested in 25 days, so it is more like the same old, same old, again. Only that more people will have more free time, and can delay their money from parting them, until the new launch date.
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    healary wrote: »
    I don't see they can make meaningful new content and have it fully tested in 25 days, so it is more like the same old, same old, again. Only that more people will have more free time, and can delay their money from parting them, until the new launch date.

Who said anything about extra new content? the release date they set themselves was too ambitious so they have delayed the launch by a few weeks so they can try to fix as many of the issues in the current module 6 build as possible .
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Who said anything about extra new content? the release date they set themselves was too ambitious so they have delayed the launch by a few weeks so they can try to fix as many of the issues in the current module 6 build as possible .

Nobody said new content. That's my point. So it is still the same old things except that many people who don't find much to do now until Module 6 will find more free time.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    healary wrote: »
    Nobody said new content. That's my point. So it is still the same old things except that many people who don't find much to do now until Module 6 will find more free time.

...even if we only get upscaled old dungeons or skirmishes - with corresponding drops - I'd call that progress. And that might be within the scope of the possible.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ...even if we only get upscaled old dungeons or skirmishes - with corresponding drops - I'd call that progress. And that might be within the scope of the possible.

They better drop a lot of RP to crash the crazy RP prices, but even so, I still prefer new dungeons, new items, etc to the same old stuff we have for 2 years.
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Releasing a half finished product,is never the wise thing to do. I'm glad that they delayed it,so they can fix,fine tune and improve the experience of Elemental Evil,for all players. To me it's a big step in the right direction and in fact i would support a further delay of a few weeks,if necessary.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.