Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Cap Raise

Comments

• Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug - Intimidation:

Intimidation is no longer affected by Armor Penetration / Resistance ignored. See this comparison:

[Combat (Self)] Your Intimidation deals 3284 (3909) Physical Damage to Warrior.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Intimidation deals 3196 (3898) Physical Damage to Slaver.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Hidden Daggers deals 17156 Physical Damage to Slaver.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Hidden Daggers deals 6446 Physical Damage to Slaver.

I have 32.9% resistance ignored at the moment. Intimidation dealing lower than base damage (one in brackets) on some lvl 52 mobs is quite disturbing.
  • Options
    alewarrior99alewarrior99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bugged? o.O
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Bugged? o.O

Before this change Intimidation benefitted from all bonuses, resistance ignored included. Now we see it's no longer the case. This gets worse and worse by the hour.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Before this change Intimidation benefitted from all bonuses, resistance ignored included. Now we see it's no longer the case. This gets worse and worse by the hour.

Oh .. In fact, I saw a very low damage ...

I think INTIMIDATION should make the most of the damage from CRIT SEVERITY , MARK , STR , ARMOR.PEN , POWER .....

NOT ONLY FROM WEAPON DAMAGE ...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Bug - Armor Specialization

this talent does not work correctly .. not increase defense and Ac .. I thought .. "maybe it only works in combat?" ..noooo .. have it and not have it is the same .... 3 points are wasted !!

PLZ CHANGE IT !!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Oh .. In fact, I saw a very low damage ...

I think INTIMIDATION should make the most of the damage from CRIT SEVERITY , MARK , STR , ARMOR.PEN , POWER .....

NOT ONLY FROM WEAPON DAMAGE ...

I get the feeling intimidation no longer benefits from CA either:

[Combat (Self)] Your Intimidation deals 3370 (3937) Physical Damage to Cutter. //without mark

[Combat (Self)] Your Intimidation deals 5463 (5356) Physical Damage to Sentry. //with mark

But I need to test this on dummies so I get the numbers where defense doesn't play a part. Those seem permamently debuffed by other players at this moment...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I get the feeling intimidation no longer benefits from CA either:

[Combat (Self)] Your Intimidation deals 3370 (3937) Physical Damage to Cutter. //without mark

[Combat (Self)] Your Intimidation deals 5463 (5356) Physical Damage to Sentry. //with mark

But I need to test this on dummies so I get the numbers where defense doesn't play a part. Those seem permamently debuffed by other players at this moment...

if intimidation were to benefit from CA .. become a bomb of DPS
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    After a few tests I get only ~7% difference between actual and theoretical damage, which could in fact be a result of the lack of test attempts that I have no time for. So I'll ignore that. However, the fact that intimidation no longer benefits from Resistance Ignored remains.

And once again, 125% weapon damage for Intimidation is way too low. Please consider increasing to 250% so that he can do at least half the damage of Destroyer, and not a third. Afterall, GWF has no party utility and no heals, only damage.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    After a few tests I get only ~7% difference between actual and theoretical damage, which could in fact be a result of the lack of test attempts that I have no time for. So I'll ignore that. However, the fact that intimidation no longer benefits from Resistance Ignored remains.

And once again, 125% weapon damage for Intimidation is way too low. Please consider increasing to 250% so that he can do at least half the damage of Destroyer, and not a third. Afterall, GWF has no party utility and no heals, only damage.

NO 250% but 350% 350% weapon damage = 35% power as damage ... 125 and 250% are too low ...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    NO 250% but 350% 350% weapon damage = 35% power as damage ... 125 and 250% are too low ...

250% is fine. That would make it a bit higher than 1 hidden daggers charge and I'd be glad. 350% with 4k weapon damage (lvl 70 weapon) would be a bit too much for a tank spec, imho.

That in mind, I'm still waiting for some Sentinel-only boosts to survivability. With the upcoming unstoppable patch (where temporary hitpoints would scale with damage bonus) Destroyer will have a comparable survivability to that of Sentinel and that needs to be addressed.
  • Options
    k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015

I would like to give my comments on the current upgrades for this class in "general" as short and precise as much as possible, first of all this class is "PURE MELEE" a brute with two-handed weapon that can deal massive damage and withstand pain now do this traits currently possessed by this class?(no for me) In pvp other class are "ARMED TO THE TEETH" with all sorts of disables and dodge can this class catch up or do they have tools that will suffice in a melee vs range/hybdrid class?(only IV so that makes SM "useless in pvp?

So I respectfully ask the devs or anyone in authority to address the problems of this class as a whole, if I will be given the chance to make a request I would love to see for example a roar that can root players for 2 secs or Battle Fury dealing damage etc. changes that can improve QOL. Thank you and more power
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I propose to fully reconstruct the GWF's Paths (Instigator, Sentinel, Destroyer) ..

Instigator: Support Class, buffer debuffer, Hybrid Class

Destroyer: DPS Class, incredible damage per second , a real WARMACHINE..

Sentinel: Defensive Class, unable to withstand incredible damage, HIGH damage resistance/defelction chance/HP tempt ..the other classes will have to suffer the GWF sentinel's presence .. A REAL TANK ....

so you have a character with 2 build for PvE (destroyer / instigator) and 1 build for PvP (sentinel).
  • Options
    airus86airus86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I propose to fully reconstruct the GWF's Paths (Instigator, Sentinel, Destroyer) ..

Instigator: Support Class, buffer debuffer, Hybrid Class

Destroyer: DPS Class, incredible damage per second , a real WARMACHINE..

Sentinel: Defensive Class, unable to withstand incredible damage, HIGH damage resistance/defelction chance/HP tempt ..the other classes will have to suffer the GWF sentinel's presence .. A REAL TANK ....

so you have a character with 2 build for PvE (destroyer / instigator) and 1 build for PvP (sentinel).

good..
    but we need a new style of unstoppable (cc immune, usable at 100%, gain determination during time (like tr stealth) + 5% plus every time you are struck only 1 time per second) so we have every full bar and can activate when we need.
    And for me unstoppable must give additional effect on encounter power

And rework some encounter power.. we need a good encounter for charge and stun target
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    feedback from lv 70 GWF perspective
    this class is terribly weak in it current state in m6

we have lowest base dmg of encounters/atwills due to power curve,

with regen/ls changes we cannot take dmg anymore, a class thats forced to take dmg has been striped off the tools to do it

current defense curve puts us at 19-20% DR so together with ls/regen changes GWF survaviblity is at 0

i cant even count how many times i died or i had to run during lvling from 60-70

GWF right now needs:

another boost in weapon damage or just all encounters/at wills by 20-25,%

determination gain should be restored to it prevorious form,

unstoppable recovery should be buffed to grant 10-15% hp back at max rank

defense should grant 200 stat/1% DR ration

I'm cool with our damage now (at least in the low 60's levels) , what at wills are you using? can you SS your stats and the damage log to show the output at 70 compared to a different 70?

The problem is that It's a kill-or-be-killed playstyle because our survivability is so low. We just had a nice damage buff, but our survivability is still lower than any other class in the game, When mages are tankier than a warrior. its a bit silly. We also have no reliable way (outside of a daily) to catch people in PVP, whilst every other class has some sort of targetted root/stun/knockback that cant be dodged just by walking out of the way
    airus86 wrote: »
    good..
    but we need a new style of unstoppable (cc immune, usable at 100%, gain determination during time (like tr stealth) + 5% plus every time you are struck only 1 time per second) so we have every full bar and can activate when we need.
    And for me unstoppable must give additional effect on encounter power

And rework some encounter power.. we need a good encounter for charge and stun target

I Suggested this with Inexorable shift (found here)

Edit : Just saw Crushes post about the Unstoppable change.
    I am now really excited to try this out and see how it affects our survivability in PVE. hopefully I can test it in PVP also before release so we can see if it gives us some viability again for tankiness.
    Then once we have something like Shift, we'll be in a good place.
    with peoples concerns to the Sentinel getting less Temp HP than Destroyer, maybe Sentinel capstone can remove HD on Temp HP. or increase temp HP gains by x%. that way It is stronger.

However at the same time I sorta have this feeling a full GF/GWF rework might be coming in mod 7. as every other class (Bar the SW which is the newest) has gotten one now
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015

Reaping Strike: Too slow and its melee. The slow on charge is burdensome and it can be easily canceled to be effective in PVP
    Flourish: Too slow for a medium damage and high cd encounter very hard to land in pvp. It needs damage, speed and range to be effective
    Takedown: Melee range, low damage and unreliable stun duration. The name implies it should prone
    Steelblitz: Very low proc chance and the damage is unoticable.
    Mighty Leap: Too slow and the radius is small makes it hard to land in pvp not to mention the damage is too low for a skill shot encounter
    Battly Fury: A buff that isnt used because people dont find it worth it to be place in our bar.
    Punishing Charge: It would be nice to have a root for this.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    and succesfull block could mark the target so SM could have more options to mark the targets same as IV wouldnt be forced to slot Threatening rush that also would incrase GWF survaviblity a bit

That's interesting concept.

What if Reaping strike was more of a counter attack? Casting would be instantaneus and the attack would go off (only) when you get hit in melee range + you'd mark the attacker. That would be kinda awesome.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hmmm counter attack idea sounds great tbh but the mark should be on succesfull counter attack hit and succesfull block to incrase it effectivness also to not make it like GWF can block with it permanently the use of at will should drain stamina but then GWF would need an incrase in stamina regeneration

edit: i do like to get an official response from Crush on this if its even possible to do thou.

While this could be one way of making GWf more viable again, I dislike that its centered around an entire at will to use. I think the idea could work, however dont forget that the tankier we get the less determination you gain.

Honestly the class as a whole needs a boost to determination. Guardian Fighters (Conqs) and us are the only classes that require a target to hit you first before you can gain your damage boosts. Destroyers deal VERY LITTLE damage without their capstone, Instagators are even WORSE because the stacks only last 6 seconds.

The entire class needs to be beefed up and have passive determination gain built into the class. The ability to gain determination on DEALING damage should be added as a BASE to the class (The destroyer capstone bonus) and then Destroyer Capstone can INSTEAD have "Steadfast Determination" Built INTO The class.

What this means is BASE Unstoppable - you now build determination for taking and dealing damage and killing foes.

Destroyer Capstone - You now passively generate Determination while in combat (Equal to the RANK 4 version of "steadfast").

You can take Steadfast Determination to be (Increases determination gain by 10/20/30/40%) Meaning that whenever you gain determination it gives a 40% boost to that =- from both taking damage and DEALING damage.

So the math would be, if it requires you to take 25% HP loss before accessing Unstoppable (4 sec) the steadfast deter gain would end up reducing that 40%. So you could access it much sooner (around 15% HP).

This coupled with a buff to Temp HP (as will come this weeks patch) MIGHT just be enough to make the class work again. This way, if we WANT to lose DPS or other utility, we can gain the ability to have determination much faster. This is going to be at the loss though of movement (Bravery) or damage (Destroyer) or Crit (Weapon Master) so it HAS to be good since its a tradeoff.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    The ability to gain determination on DEALING damage should be added as a BASE to the class (The destroyer capstone bonus) and then Destroyer Capstone can INSTEAD have "Steadfast Determination" Built INTO The class.

What this means is BASE Unstoppable - you now build determination for taking and dealing damage and killing foes.

You can take Steadfast Determination to be (Increases determination gain by 10/20/30/40%) Meaning that whenever you gain determination it gives a 40% boost to that =- from both taking damage and DEALING damage.

is an elegant and conservative solution.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zacazu wrote: »
    is an elegant and conservative solution.

I just re-read my post and its a little "scattered" so I will summarize here:

1) ALL GWFs now gain determination from both DEALING and TAKING damage.

2) Destroyer capstone *CHANGED* to now have current "Steadfast Determination" - I.E. Slow passive determination gain while in combat.

3) Steadfast Determination *CHANGED* to now increase TOTAL determination gain by 10/20/30/40%.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    hmmm counter attack idea sounds great tbh but the mark should be on succesfull counter attack hit and succesfull block to incrase it effectivness also to not make it like GWF can block with it permanently the use of at will should drain stamina but then GWF would need an incrase in stamina regeneration

edit: i do like to get an official response from Crush on this if its even possible to do thou.

Stamina consumption for using an atwill sounds meh. If we want to make it less abusable and a great tanking tool at the same time hmm... I've got an idea.

Reaping strike - No longer needs casting, instead holding down Reaping Strike gets you in a stance where getting hit generates 1 stack of Reaping. Each stack of Reaping increases damage of your Reaping Strike and range. Stacks up to 5 times. Releasing the attack consumes all your accumulated stacks.

*Successfully attacking with 5 stacks adds mark on the attacker(s).

In this way Reaping Strike would no longer have that boring casting time but would deal same (or slightly higher) damage at maximum stacks with increased range. That would make it a cool and responsive mechanic that could be used for some sub-tanking.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    k9madrush wrote: »

Reaping Strike: Too slow and its melee. The slow on charge is burdensome and it can be easily canceled to be effective in PVP
    Flourish: Too slow for a medium damage and high cd encounter very hard to land in pvp. It needs damage, speed and range to be effective
    Takedown: Melee range, low damage and unreliable stun duration. The name implies it should prone
    Steelblitz: Very low proc chance and the damage is unoticable.
    Mighty Leap: Too slow and the radius is small makes it hard to land in pvp not to mention the damage is too low for a skill shot encounter
    Battly Fury: A buff that isnt used because people dont find it worth it to be place in our bar.
    Punishing Charge: It would be nice to have a root for this.

I agree with most of this.

Takedown Should be a prone, it's silly to have it not prone the enemy. its still single target and its not exactly hard to dodge, it was overnerfed in mod 4.

Flourish : does some nice damage on crit. but as said here is very hard to aim. could be made into a targetted skill that locks on to the target when they are in range, so instead of just walking out of it they'd have to Shift dodge or CC immune out. (like most CC in the game) This also allows us to Sprint up to someone. Bait out the dodge, then chuck out flourish for a stun.

Steel Blitz : I suggested earlier in the thread to change this to be more similar to the D&D mechanic. where on Critting the enemy refreshing a Cooldown, To balance it for a MMO, make it a 25% cooldown reduction (so lets say you have a 20 sec cooldown remaining. this removes 25 % of that down to 15) With an ICD of 6 seconds (-1 second per rank, down to 3 seconds at rank 4). overall giving Swordmaster a more spammy fighter feel. Taking up a feature slot this would have to override something like weapon master or destroyer so the loss of damage from losing that feature is supplemented by the strong effect. Keep in mind this means that even at max rank it can only take off 25% at a time, and with an ICD you'd have to wait potentially 12 seconds for it to refresh a cooldown entirely.

Mighty leap : Even with the silence its still not worth using. Needs higher base damage or a stronger effect for people really to use it. or give it charges so it can be used in succession. (+1 charge per rank) That'd be really fun to use (jumping all over the place) and also make the lower damage more acceptable as you can cast it 3-4 times in succession.

Battle fury : I agree with what you say , If the buff was 100% on teammates also it'd be good as a more support GWF build, but as it is there's better choices for a slot. Increase its duration for buff also so it can have a 75-100% uptime with some CDR and add % stamina regen increase to it also, Then its truly worth an encounter slot.

Punishing charge : Could rework this to inexorable shift and make it into a targetted lunge? or just add a root and increase range, because as before the damage is shockingly underwhelming (even less than an at-will hit) and the movement is pretty shaky also.

Stamina Regen : Done some further tests, even with a Companion that increase stamina regen, and with 20% more regen % than a HR It's still slower to refill and start refilling. Please remove the delay from our stamina regen / speed it up by about 15-20%. This would allow us to actually keep up with peoples dodges and let us use sprint more tactically.

Also. Some positive feedback.

WMS : Much better base damage now. hits hard and the debuff lasts a good time now.

Unstoppable : I've seen a damage increase at least in the low 60's compared to what I had before.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lests try:

Bf / ds: battle fury needs a rework or buff. is outdated in comparison with any other encounter of the same type .Daring shout more fast cooldown.

M.leap / not so fast: additional damage against single target (2x). do that a big deal for instigators.

Roar: the concept is cool, but need to become a solid counter attack; more responsive, like a front kick or a jab (:confused:). Cut the cooldown by 1/3 (1/4 destroyer) and cut some damage (1/3 each :rolleyes:) or give 3 stacks and the damage stay. Remove the "push thing". note: iam not sure if this got a real fix. if no, forget it.

Tree feat: battle awareness / defiance: Dont need rework for some super bonus, dont need be a good bonus, but need be diferent than 25% of power / defense (yes, curves).

daily:cut the casting of avalanch of steal
    fix the critical damage of slam
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    GWF control feedback:

I'd also would like to point out that. Our control powers do not affect monsters like the devils within Tiamat not ONE BIT.
    Our pulls and pushbacks from Roar and Come and Get it
    Our slows from Not so Fast
    Any of our soft CC powers do not affect these type of monsters, I would look into this, cause this pretty much limits a GWF's contribution in Tiamat and future content if monsters like this we cannot affect unless something directly applies. Where we see control wizards powers fully work just fine against these sort of monsters but our already half baked control powers dont do anything at all literally.
  • Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback for Stacks and Reaping Strike mechanic and some Feats

1) Reaping Strike
    Maybe u can adapt this ability more towards the sentinel gwfs, such as making it a defensive counter mechanic. For example upon hit once gain 1 or more charges (something like 1 charge per 3% hp lost) to counter attack your enemy (which will be a guaranteed hit--> yes hit not crit !) dealing dmg and slowing your enemy down (maybe 40% at least ?).

Or you could turn it into a more offensive counter for instigators and destroyers (without the extremely long charge time) with 3 charges (every single one of them having a 4-6 sec cd). Each of these charges is a melee to slight mid ranged hit (having a bigger radius than Weapon master strike or Sure strike ) which heals us a little bit or gives us Damage resistence or generates a moderate amount of determination(15% of determination bar ?) (-->atm its 100k dmg needed for full determination bar).

2 Stacks)
    I think making them last longer (8-10 sec would be a good start) and reducing them to either 1 or 2 stacks for full benefit would make Gwf reach their full potential faster. As of right now many enemies in dungeons and everywhere else dies within 10 seconds or 20 (max). And thats the problem with the stack system. In longer fights (more than 30 sec) we have probably no problems generating all the stacks (Weapon master class feature stack, Destroyer class feature stack, Destroyer capstone stacks, and every other stack u can think of )within 15 seconds but if its less at least half of all standing enemies are either dead or already down to 10% remaining hp.
    I dont think that making them last for as long as u are in combat is not enough, because you would have to get the stacks back again. That mechanic would only help out pvp but not pve at all. Maybe change it into "everytime you enter combat you have all the stacks up" --> Leaving combat means that u loose all stacks.

3) Feats
    Deep gash feat is as of right now totally useless or not in a competitive place compared to other t1 / t2 feats. Why does it only tick every sec once and only for such low dmg ? Pls bring back the Mod 2 deep gash where it scaled with strength and power. Then u could leave it at 1 tick each sec.
  • Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Second Feedback post or Bug post

Bug
    1) Weapon master class feature does not work anymore if ranked up to lvl 4. It grants no stack at all.
    2) Legendary Companions are downlvled to 30 while before the patch i leveled them to 35 to upgrade them to legendary and then i leveled them to 40. Is that intended?
    3) Class Feature wrathful determination does not grant any dmg bonus at rank 4 when having full determination. No 5% / 10 % dmg bonus at any determination lvl (half bar of determination or 1/4 or 3/4 bar does not grant any dmg bonus).
    4) Grand fissure rank up dmg bonus does not apply at all
    It can not be used against dummy dolls at some time.
    5)Mighty blade class feat does not add dmg bonus to aoe at wills or aoe encounters (hidden daggers / grand fissure)
    6)legendary companion bonus only applies for companions base stats and only for a few seconds after summoning the companion.
    7) sigil of the devoted cleric still show a 120s cd on highest level while all others show 60 s
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Since TRs get 1% deflect per DEX, and GFs/OPs get more CON per point, shouldn't the GWF get 2% damage per point in STR?
This discussion has been closed.