test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black Ice Update

Comments

• katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hope we get some armor on preview soon, as in tomorrow, because we need to start testing all this content right now, what's on preview right now is in /no/ shape to go live

- No Balancing of classes yet
    - Missing three zones
    - epic gear
    - refining situation
    - Finishing professions
    - Refining UI needs a ton of work
    - Finish campaign rework
    - Enchant rework
    - Finish with artifacts and new max rank
    - Touch up new stat curves
    - DUNGEONS!

List goes on and on... kinda makes me worry about how they plan to make this deadline they've set themselves.

As a programmer, I give them this piece of advice: "The #1 feature of a product is that it is finished"

I sincerely hope that they release a finished, polished module, regardless of how many features or zones they cram in. I really don't care about quantity -> Get something done, and make sure that the something is done right. Adding in new dungeons on release day is a feature, not a requirement. Same with all of these little details like missing dye packs for paladin, etc. In fact, if I were them, I'd delay the release of Paladin and focus on the important stuff. We really don't need another class when the current ones /still/ aren't balanced

Just my 2cents, not that I'd have any experience in these matters, you know, working in the same industry.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Also for the new black ice gloves, please cover the characters hand with the glove. They look foolish now wearing black ice gloves and their hands are showing
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • atodoatodo Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    packrat0 wrote: »
    Ah, good point Becky; I might have misunderstood.
    Graalx3's comment read to me as if they were going to put BI gear between the sets of existing dungeon armors, not new armor that may be coming in the new campaign.
    This seems odd, though, since one would think they would describe the new armor with a term other than "dungeon" armor, which I had always understood to be the classic T1 and T2 gear you get from the original epic dungeons.

Once the update is in classic tiers will be gone. At level 70 we`ll have t1 and t2 again. So BI Gear will be enough to enter T2 Dungeons to get the new best gear in the game.
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    has anyone gotten the new elemental black ice gear and upgraded them yet?

anxious to see what kind of stats they have compared to the new other elemental pvp gear

should i bother buying this profession booster pack to get the gloves or not
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    has anyone gotten the new elemental black ice gear and upgraded them yet?

anxious to see what kind of stats they have compared to the new other elemental pvp gear

should i bother buying this profession booster pack to get the gloves or not

The current lvl 60 black ice gear upgrades into blue quality lvl 70 gear with no set bonus (unless the tooltips are still incomplete).

Here is the CW Elemental Corrupt black ice set -

w0odSi6.jpg

3Tlvnu5.jpg

SVDE2X6.jpg

Iu4iXzr.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited February 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    The current lvl 60 black ice gear upgrades into blue quality lvl 70 gear with no set bonus (unless the tooltips are still incomplete).

Here is the CW Elemental Corrupt black ice set -

*snip*

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> compared to the new elemental evil pvp gear... from what i've seen they have around 10-20k hp per piece
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Elemental Purified gear doesn't have the correct HP value.

Is it possible to add recipes that requires the Old Purified and Corrupted gear for all pieces and not just the Gloves?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Holy Hannah!

If thats the Corrupt, what kind of HP does the Purified have?

Not much , looks like graaxl3 got mixed up? O_o

amqcAJd.jpg

tJzzIQe.jpg

wTSNsip.jpg

BWhL3Cw.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Atm upgrading the black ice gear seems worse than not upgrading it. And for the new gear looks like it will have to be farmed somewhere

Edit: looks like the TR gear has level 60 stats on the upgrades version
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yeah Black Ice profession is got to be bugged
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There are new elemental elven gear crafted through BI profession.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • atodoatodo Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    The cost to upgrade the Black Ice profession to rank 4 and 5 seems absurdly high, taking 15 Unified Elements (the things that take about 40 days each to make with Alchemy, or about two weeks with purple craftsmen; still 30 weeks' worth) and 75k black ice.

Most of the new black ice sets also do not have Tenacity, which seems to make them purely PvE sets.

Unified Elements also come from hourly quests and HEs. Got 2 in 3 hours of playing in drowned shore.
  • nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug : CW Elemntal Purified BI armor
    The amount of HP is only 1,876 when it should be around 18k. The Elemental corrupted look ok at 13,659 max HP.
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So, no weapon?
    edited February 2015
    Needs a set bonus, even the purple set does not have one.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    p68zBHa.png

Wow, so not only the "upgraded" BI gear is terrible, we can't even upgrade our old existing pieces and have to grind 80K black ice again and it takes 80 hours to make?

I think I'll pass.

Oh yeah and it takes 50K black ice and 100 unified elements to increase your profession level to 4 on top of that.
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    All I can think is that the gear shown as the upgraded version is only showing as Tier 2 empowered and will improve statwise when you get it and empower it with purified black ice , still cannot see any reason to bother leveling up black ice profession unless the sets get set bonuses , even the gearsets at lvl 5 have no set bonus .

TL;DR All the new Black ice gear sets appear to be quite bogus and certainly not worth the large amount of effort required.
    edited February 2015
    i wonder why the sudden zen store deal for getting black ice gloves though

last minute ditch? or a sign of, hey, black ice is gonna be very viable next mod, here's a chance to complete it

in my experience, i'm gonna go with a last ditch effort to squeeze revenue
  • engineerofevilengineerofevil Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    For existing Purified or Corrupted Gear, are they both going to be Upgradeable to a set that has a 4-piece bonus? I see the BLUE Elemental Gear. I want to get the Purified Gauntlet for my CW today, but I am afraid to invest. Has anyone seen anything on this?
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Only the gloves can be upgraded. You must buy a new set of normal black ice helmet/armor/boots to make the rest.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Only the gloves can be upgraded. You must buy a new set of normal black ice helmet/armor/boots to make the rest.

offensive to say the least.
  • engineerofevilengineerofevil Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Thank You for replying. Any word if there is a 4-piece BI in the works? I would like to see if it is better than the new PVP gear. I need to know so I can decide to purchase the Gauntlets that are available right now.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    also they need to add updated weapons to rank 4/5
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    There are new elemental elven gear crafted through BI profession
    morenthar wrote: »
    No tenacity.

No set bonus either , level up BI to rank 5 to make a gear set that has no set bonus , no thanks ... as things stand it seems to be quite a pointless task to level up BI to rank 5.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No set bonus either , level up BI to rank 5 to make a gear set that has no set bonus , no thanks ... as things stand it seems to be quite a pointless task to level up BI to rank 5.

Have we seen any level 70 gear with set bonuses?

And have you checked out the stats on the gear? That's...a lot.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

The pvp gear at level 70 has a set bonus.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reds351 wrote: »
    The pvp gear at level 70 has a set bonus.

Exactly... and the Elemental PVP sets have nice stats, set bonuses and tenacity and are sold for the prices of the current Profound pieces too. That makes Black Ice Set and Crafting pretty much pointless.

Maybe it is just me... but I don't think Cryptic will make the best pvp gear that easy to get... there are probably something better from the lockboxes.
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

the level 70 elemental evil gear each usually have around 14 to 20k hp

have you seen the stats on level 70 pvp gear haha
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can you buff the stats a bit? Make it desirable? Give it stats that are hard to stack or just a 10 - 20% increase?
    edited February 2015
    With the amount of effort to get any of the gear and how lackluster it looks compared to other gear I can see IWD being dead mod 6.