What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Hunter Ranger Cap Raise

Comments

• Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    With the new changes to LS, having 20% from your feats alone is kinda OP. With all the DoTs the combat HR is able to dish out, the build is affected by the changes the least. Because if you can negate the RNG with many small attacks like the combat HR does, you are very close to 20% LS in its current version.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback combat HR: it definitely needs something done to wild medicine. With the recent changes to lifesteal i dont think he still needs that internal cooldown at least. PvP performances should remain unchanged. Keep in mind that deflect is now way lower too.
    This would allow to reach max stack more often.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Master trapper effect of trapper capstone is still not working in preview.
    working fine in live.
  • Options
    kyobi16kyobi16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bug:trapper with Fabled MC Set
    does not properly apply grasping roots
  • Options
    truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2015

In my opinion, the weaker of the pair that were just added. I don't like large run speed bonuses like the one Longstrider grants. Perhaps it has some PvP utility, but I have always found that suddenly making someone run like lightning hurts more than it helps, especially when this boost comes with no warning. For classes that need to move around a lot, especiaolly those with a sprint function, having consistent run speed makes it much easier to be where you want to be and put attacks exactly where you wan them. And the range of the buff is ridiculous. I'm seeing the floater text pop up over heads of people that are a couple hundred feet away. Damage boost is nice, though. Looks to be around 20% at rank 2.

As for Gushing Wounds, there are a few problems that hold this back from being a great power. The range is really deceptive. The power icon stays lit even if you are out of range, and you can miss when it shows your weapon coming in contact with your target. The most reliable way to score a hit is to be so close that you overshoot and end up turned around, which can be disorienting considering this power is just a simple lunge forward.

I love Cordon. The damage, the gather, the charges. It all adds up to be what might be one of the best powers an HR has. It synergizes well with other powers, like it's melee half and also Rain of Arrows. I do think that the damage can be toned down a bit since it has multiple charges. But I have to ask. Is it supposed to do Radiant damage?

And Plant Growth is the other half of the awesome coin that is this new set of powers. It roots, does decent damage, it even hits in an AoE which I was surprised to find out. This and Cordon were clearly made for each other. Although, I came across a couple problems testing this out. If you move out of range before it can hit anything, it straight up misses, but it thankfully doesn't go on cooldown. It roots for 20 seconds or until the target takes a certain amount of damage, which this power itself exceeds long before 20 seconds have passed. And the damage it says in does in the tooltip is just strange. Mine says 42,990-51,845 EntCreate. None of that sounds right.
  • Options
    fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As a combat ranger, Longstrider's shot isn't going to see a lot of use, except as an opener, so I'll focus my feedback on Gushing Wound. As a single-target power, it probably shouldn't be quite so easy to miss with. It's basically a second Aimed Strike, which is welcome, but without the former's limited homing ability. I will say that, conceptually, this power is exactly what I was hoping for, it's just suffering from some ease-of-use issues. I also like that the tooltip displays the damage per tick. All in all, this power definitely has a place in my boss-fight loadouts. Edit: I would like an indicator of how often it ticks, just so I can approximate its total damage potential.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Is there any reason why the roots of both melee/range do not have weak/strong grasping root effect tag?

Bug:
    Equipping a green Golden Dragon blades (artifact offhand) will give less power than Ancient Trapper's ornate blades (CN offhand) in Well of Dragon.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Loving this encounter so far. Feels like a good replacement for Rain of Arrows right now (as trapper build) and is good burst damage with a snare.

Graphic is a little confusing. After the trap bursts into vines, do enemies in it's radius take additional damage or is it just for graphics sake? I hope that the initial graphic drop of the ranged encounter will look different from DC's chains. Also hope it won't stay as radiant damage. Just doesn't make sense for a HR.

Melee version cooldown feels a bit long, even for trapper but so far everything pretty much drops dead by looking at it.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    roots are neither weak nor strong so they do not apply any classical hr feat root based.

oh
    It roots for 20 seconds or until the target takes a certain amount of damage, which this power itself exceeds long before 20 seconds have passed
    he has right

this sucks really...it s a recycle of hr abilities with no added particular effects. I mean at least othe classes have a recycle of someone else.

Major bug: feats which diminuish the recharge time in trapper tree DO NOT work with charge based encounters like hindering shot and cordon of arrow.

Cordon of arrow is doing radiant damage...something left from the dc chains i think
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Cordon of arrows causes major rubberbanding lag
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Melee Stance Graphic

My female dragonborn (trapper) does not stay in melee combat stance graphic when tabbing to melee stance. She will just go back into the standing idle position (when out of combat).
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Plant growth

ToolTip reads 40k damage. I'm getting a couple of ticks at 6K and nothing else. Cordon of arrows is giving damage relative to the tooltip.

Overall I am enjoying the feel of the new content. Recently hit 65 and had some L65 blues available and playability improved. Although I do miss some of how much effort it took handling content in lower leveled gear.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback - Combat HR

With the changes to Regen and lifesteal it is a serious hassle to survive at all in the Combat spec. I feel paper thin and practically unable to solo the new content. Wild medicine needs fixing and Other Regen/Lifesteal related feats need tweaking to be effective with the new changes. Remember combat HR is extremely dependant on Our deflect / Lifesteal for survival. if we can have our kit reworked so he have a "% lifesteal on every hit" feat (such as 1/2/3/4/5%) or something that works similar to old lifesteal. we would be much better off.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    Feedback - Combat HR

With the changes to Regen and lifesteal it is a serious hassle to survive at all in the Combat spec. I feel paper thin and practically unable to solo the new content. Wild medicine needs fixing and Other Regen/Lifesteal related feats need tweaking to be effective with the new changes. Remember combat HR is extremely dependant on Our deflect / Lifesteal for survival. if we can have our kit reworked so he have a "% lifesteal on every hit" feat (such as 1/2/3/4/5%) or something that works similar to old lifesteal. we would be much better off.

Heck, that's true of HR's in general: we rely heavily either on lifesteal or regen. Our AC is no better than it is for a CW (max 17), even though we get to wear leather instead of cloth. If you feel paper-thin against mobs that have combat advantage, well, it's because we are when we don't have those two stats to rely on while fighting.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    zukokkuzukokku Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015

*In my feedback i will mostly complain for a trapper ;d

Crushing Roots:
    Trapper has roots, so why u wanna give him root+daze ? It has less cds and can use roots all the time. Giving him daze while rooting will make it a second TR-scoundrel with much higher DPS and better cooldowns. Other way, it's really useful for PVE. Maybe too useful. Adds just are rooted and dazed all the time. PVE won't be a challenge.
    I know, the class feature is made for all trees but..be honest: it's made for trapper and his OP roots.
    Is combat or archer using roots ? No. Maybe will use it now, when you gave them new skills, but it's still obvious that trapper will receive most profit with it.

Seeker's Vengeance:
    Think it's...hmm..too hard to use ? It could be nice passive buff, but there is no place for weak class feature like this one. HR has just better class features to use, so i think no1 will use it.

Cordon of arrow:
    Think it's very usefull in pve, don't know how will be in pvp. I think we can treat it like old singu.

Trapper: Forestbond:
    Sorry, but it's just ridiculous. You really want reduce trapper's cooldowns ? It already has cd=speed of your fingers O.O Just use all skills in melee stance, than u can use archer stance and again and again and again, at least if you'r fighting vs. 2 or more enemies. No, No, No. You can't reduce it's cooldowns more...please...

Trapper: Trapper's Cunning:
    Hmm...I think you have a plan to make trapper a perm-root... Bad plan, really.

Archery: Longshot:
    Think this is good boost in pve. Btw, i think archery tree is default for PVE HR.

Archery: Hasty Retreat:
    More speed is always good, in pvp and in pve.

Combat: Lucky Blades:
    Hr has enough AP, i think this feat is uselles for him.

Combat: Skirmisher's Gambit:
    And this amazing feat... I thought it's great, much higher DPS, + vorpal ohhh, fantastic. But then i realised that combat HR had always max 35% crit chance. Average crit chance was about 25%, so with this feat it'll be 15 - 20%. Imo crit chance should be increased somehow.

Combat:
    Comparing Combat and Trapper: combat is much less useful for team, has lesser dmg, lesser control, has little better survivability but who cares this ? DC is in charge of allies life, so this combat's 'little better healing' is too weak to be useful.You should reduce cooldowns for combat, idk how, maybe some feat like 'chance to reduce cds when healing/LS/crit/whatever' and you should increase it's healing, maybe increase wild medicine.
    YES ! I'm complaining about combat HR because i'm playing HR and i had to change combat for trapper coz it's now 'the only proper' way for HRs. It's not only in PVP, many PVE HRs changed archery for trapper. Surprising right ?

Archery:
    Think it should has best dmg in pve and should be most useful in pve, because this tree is too weak for pvp. Why isn't so ? Trapper, trapper, trapper and trapper...

Trapper:
    Like i said, it's now best for everything. Giving him more control and lesser cooldowns will make it much more OP than it's now.
    You can add more control like 'Trapper's Cunning' but remove it's damage from 'thorned roots'.
    Remove damage, but add buffs for team and i think it would be fair.

• Options
    fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Quick question: is Storm Warden ever going to get a daily and/or are they going to fix the bug where Cold Steel Hurricane costs action points?
  • Options
    truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Situational is the word you people are looking for. Shame that CSH requires an unnaturally specific setup though.

WB1MM19.jpg

And while we're on the subject:

This could be a great power that packs a lot of punch, and it does under one certain circumstance. But a ranged power that requires a melee trigger leaves almost no real uses. The majority (or what I'm assuming is the majority) of Rangers that use this see a tick or two of around 2k damage and write it off as useless. I feel that a slight modification so it always puts out the number of hits you see in my pic would not only make people more accepting of CSH, but also give us a good option for fighting in places like CN or VT where enemies can come at you by the dozen.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Combat is the bottom of the barrel now. It was great during it's rework, but now with the new changes it's just a flatout burden of an asset. Subpar survivability now, worst damage output(and it's melee).

It needs yet a new rework to compete again.

Trapper is fun, and a bit OP, archery is nice with the new crit buff. Extra synergy with the likes of electric shot, but archery won't be able to do any facetanking now so it all rests on party support.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Plant growth doesnt seem to root at all? or its just very very short dosent apply the Crushing Roots CA nor does it apply thornd roots seems like it dosent count as a root at all is it working as intended? i hope not.
  • Options
    knallkooopfknallkooopf Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Plant growth
    The whole animation has totally changed .. looks like Forest Ghost
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Scything blades feat does not apply extra melee damage been tested for 3 hours with/without not increase in damage noticed.

Feedback:with the new recovery stat changes cooldowns on melee encounters become a problem u miss youre aoe rain of blades or your fast recovering fox shift and remain stuck at using at wills and hanging on by a thread so that u cna still manage to lifesteal enough to keep u alive some encounters are main source of lifesteal procing like rain of blades which allows u to constantly have flurry buffs that give u more lifesteal and damage but that only lasts 7 seconds or so in the remaining 6-8 seconds ure playing die hard and try to stay alive i would love to see a feat like bottomless quiver the archery tree has in a melee version this would make much more pleasent as a melee HR
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Forest meditation: does not have effect added rank 4
    forest ghost: could use a faster animation, most of the times does not activate
    aimed shot: the at will has no purpose. everything can stop the channelling and feel not rewarding at all.
    solution proposed: 1) speed the channelling up to the sky... 2) the channelling can only be interrupt if you get it for ()% HP and it 100% crit. Maybe let the damage splash in a little 10' aoe
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Cooldown reduction feats still dont work on encounters with charges
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    After testing yesterday
    Feedback
    General notice - all animation and icons are horrible, long, misleading from other power and really look like a placeholder. This can not go live like this. I hope you have new animation in progress.
    I might say some names a bit wrong - not have game open atm

Plant Grow - animation is terrible - makes me always think that I triggered forest. please change it to thorn roots in circle. It would look way better .Encounter is fast enough. Yet there is still a freeze same as Forest ghost has at the end of encounter. As Trapper power is nice. Yet damage cap may be a bit small. It takes one round of Fox shift or Steel Breeze to remove roots.

Cordon - range version of Plant. Slow. Very Slow. This power could be great replacement for Hindering. Yet animation from STS is too long for this encounter. Even in pve. Radiant damage is also no Ranger way. Speed up invocation really.

Does control strength effect plant growth or cordon?
    Will players from other team see chains?

By description it can be nice power but now it is more like Ambush - almost useless the way it is implemented.

Longbow shot - one that has 60 feet radius. first question - do allies have to be in 60 feet range from enemy or not? Also 60 feet is really nothing. As archer is too short distance from enemy. Animation here actually is good on time - I did not feel like it is too slow. But 4 seconds window is really small. You have time just to hit one fast power with max effectiveness - rapid shot, disruptive or hindering. Otherwise you are out of frame. Maybe increase window to 6 seconds? as rank 4. Also if I remember number correct at rank 4 it will remove 100% of target resistance. May be a bit too much.

If this power remains as it is for archer Commanding shot is a bit better alternative. Combat or trapper probably won't replace fox with this anyway.

Strike /counter part of longbow shot - long but really weak dot. Animation form aimed strike is too slow for this power effect.
    BUG Applying Careful attack after placing this power on same target does not trigger Careful at all. Opposite order works fine.

Seeker's Vengeance never works. complete waste. You may better spend 4 point somewhere else. I do wish devs explain me how to use this class feature against tiamat really. Where is her back?
    Maybe decrease effect severity and change it to +% to combat advantage.

Crushing Roots
    Does control strength effect Crushing roots?

Combat HR - well it is a wasted path now. too low dps. No encounters to use or any synergy with new powers. Crushing Roots as feet may give it something. Meah generally

I hope you guys will change animations and finish work on new powers. They look externally bugged raw and too low quality at the moment.
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Plant Growth - Awful now. It was actually pretty awesome and just needed a faster animation time on Stun. Keep it a pure stun and leave the original animation. Forest ghost animation is awful and I am almost positive it is not even rooting now.

Cordon - gets deflected quite often and is pretty slow to cast.

Wilds Medicine - Does not seem to be scaling at all or was ninja nerfed? At 110k HP I am seeing around 800-1200 hp healed.. no longer useful.

Archery feats - All of them = are any of these working or scaling at all? I went full archery and seeing 10k AS, no increase in encounter dmg.

Longshot - Also not seeing any increase in any dmg. Archery is less useful than it was before.

Hasty Retreat - This does work but usesless. Should be a flat run buff and not require taking dmg.

Seeker's Vengeance - What are we.. TR's? We dont get long enough stealth to make this effective.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    wild medicine: with 100k hp i cant see any difference in healing...is it working on base hp now?
  • Options
    edited February 2015

The new increased cast time of cordon of arrows is horrible. In PvE, the mobs rush out of the area right after cast time starts and is pretty much in my face even before the cast finishes. Makes it kind of useless unless it's dropped right on top of me, let alone the long cast time is a vulnerability. At this rate, I'd go back to using rain of arrows.

As for plant growth, the new animation is a bad choice. Why recycle the same animation from forest ghost. Cooldown on it still feels rather long. Both the ranged/melee version, we don't get the benefit of our trapper "roots" system/feats. Makes me double think why I want this skill.

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015

This daily is still extremely lackluster after the so called buff. At level 63, non crit, I am only seeing about 12k hits, even seismic is hitting 20k non crit. While seismic is capped at 5 targets, coldsteel hurricane is very awkward to use. There is a "charging" mode (which locks the toon in place) and then the targets that get hit have to be in front, which by that time, even PvE mobs have moved, meaning that they take no damage. I am not seeing any damage to targets on the sides either.

To make it more attractive, I would like to see a full 360 damage effect while it is in the whirling "charge" mode and anything else that gets hit by the lightning ball at the end takes additional damage.

EDIT: Allowing us movement while in CSH animation along with the above suggestion would be a big plus.

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The power should have a dodge effect when the character jumps in the air. The animation is long making it easy to be interrupted, and it doesn't really make much sense that you can be hit while 20 meters in the air.

Also, the hit detection still seems to be a bit wonky and sometimes misses enemies that are right in front of you.
  • Options
    k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    the changes on HR is scary.... its way too powerful most specially this

Crushing Roots: Your Weak Grasping Roots now also Daze the target for .5s and your Strong Grasping Roots Daze the target for 1s.
    Rank Up: Duration +100%.
This discussion has been closed.