What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Hunter Ranger Cap Raise

Comments

• thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    k9madrush wrote: »
    the changes on HR is scary.... its way too powerful most specially this

Crushing Roots: Your Weak Grasping Roots now also Daze the target for .5s and your Strong Grasping Roots Daze the target for 1s.
    Rank Up: Duration +100%.

1/2 on player in pvp. Take it easy. Add control resistance to your char to resist it - both from tenancy and stat.
    Btw BUG control strength still does not work on roots or daze

Feedback
    Coldsteel Hurricane - forget it. still useless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Cordon of Arrows / Plant Growth - looks even slower than it was. Trapper root still have no effect on this powers. Animation is still disgusting feast of copy/paste

Cryptic learn to do something else to balance instead of just copy and paste skills from other classes. You work on so called balancing is disgusting. New power are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that does not even work with existing trapper feats. Animation are copy/paste without even single change in speed or effects. Terrible. Really terrible.
    Making csh x2 won't make it any useful. This power does not exist in live outside of "testers" playing lostmouth guide. It won't work even if you make x6 - still slow and no use power.

Nerfing stormstep action makes this feet useless. Don't call "fix" something that is "nerf". You pretty much moved all combat HR into trappers.
    Bugs with WM and general "nerf" of crit chance make combat dead in mod 6.
  • kyobi16kyobi16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    the old plant growth gave me hope for an actual melee stun besides the bugged boar
    too bad.

Can melee HRs please get a break? give us stackable flurrys from the blade hurricane capstone
    its a great capstone but its so hard using it since u need to encounter>at will>encounter>at will>encounter
    its frustrating because some of the times u have to use lets say fox shift or boar just to get by but by that u lose ur damage dealing effect which is the only great aspect of combat.

Stackable blade hurricane is just one of the few things we miss (crit,cooldown reduction,DR,CC break!!)
    being the only melee (well semi melee) with no CC break is TIRING cus u cant survive by lifesteal alone if u dont damage anything while being CCd give us a feat to make marauders rush able to CC break making US Semi Tanks. get rid of that bugged wilds medicine that got nerfed to nothing. making this will make sure combat will be able to enjoy playing because right now its hard to survive in a dungeon or PVP where theres lots of CC please HEAR ME.
    edited March 2015
    Bug:Fox cuning along with feytouched enchanment gives me 0 damage tooltips on all skills including at wills
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Forest meditation is still missing the rank 4 upgrade. Consider to give it increased heals and a cc breaker
  • piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Forest meditation is still missing the rank 4 upgrade. Consider to give it increased heals and a cc breaker

Can't agree more about this make it become cc breaker for 3s of 100% deflec and imune its daily skill with 75% ac consume
    if you think it too OP make it can only use atwill skill when in forest med state as ITC should be
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K1dOnsRTbo

should this have anyone concerned?
    edited March 2015
    vteasy wrote: »

Its probably radiant damage from a paladin near you
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited March 2015

This bugg is all over right now from cw to pal tr and now hr not sure about sw or dc but I think som gf have shown it also.

So many broken things right now on preview that when this goes live the threads about broken stuff will hit the forum like Katarina the storm hit New Orleans.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    marnival wrote: »
    This bugg is all over right now from cw to pal tr and now hr not sure about sw or dc but I think som gf have shown it also.

So many broken things right now on preview that when this goes live the threads about broken stuff will hit the forum like Katarina the storm hit New Orleans.

lol, is it from the boons?
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Roots mechanic
    Powers that roots ennemies apply roots to ennemies who are dodging in pvp.

Basicly it is impossible to avoid powers that root because even if you dodge, it will root you anyways.

I've also seen some root powers applying their damage on top of rooting while someone is dodging but I'm not completely sure how that works on this line
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vteasy wrote: »

This isnt HR specific and whoever posted the video is implying it is. #fail.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Cordon of Arrows finally has a new animation! Also it no longer causes pre-mature aggro when casting (when out of enemy mobs sight distance). Thank you for the change! This allows players to setup and get a full cast off without being bum rushed by a bunch of angry mobs (PvE). It does however need a new sound, it still uses the DC chains sound effect :) I did notice sometimes when I'm facing one direction and then casting the arrow into the air, my character seems to face the opposite direction of where the trap was placed.

Plant Growth animation is really awkward and I hope it gets replaced. The forest ghost animation just covers everything up, making the ground and the weak root effects(?) difficult to see. Really hard to tell what this spell is doing.

Both of these skills don't apply the trapper feature root effects. I don't know if it's intentional or not.

I don't know if this is intentional or not, and it currently happens on live also, but if an enemy mob has a jump ability or charge ability, such as the female devils in tiamat (can't grasp the name right now), they will just charge right out of the roots. The same with some of the dwarf warriors in IWD dwarven valley, they will just continue to leap out of the roots even though they haven't been broken. The root graphic is still there while their bodies.. are not.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
    edited March 2015
    BUG
    Lashing blade now proc like crazy.

RpL-RAO3-.png

R3-dDqetO.png
    This is one round of encounters (3 -3) /at-will(2-2) on frost dragon.

Also for some reason my fps drops from 60 to 0 with lashing blade procing on dragon. Tried even low settings.

I melted a dragon to 1/2 health with 2 rounds. Also one more general bug - it is saying 71% efficiency. While I have 43% resistance ignored on upgraded char lvl 60.

Looks like any dot or weapon proc is triggered bunch of times.
  • duasteduaste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Rapid Strike at-will animation
    Rapid strike attack animation has weird lag. I don't know if anyone aware of this, but when you press and hold the at-will button after sometime the attack animation will freeze or lag for about 1 to 2 second and then continue( it looks weird, its not stopped or freeze completely but is like the ranger try to attack but he can't move his blade). This happen often to me in live shard and really annoying, because when the attack animation stop so does the damage and so it makes the damage output slower and reducing your overall damage for given time. I'm sure it's not the problem with my internet connection, but the attack animation of rapid strike need fix. It doesn't happen if you press the button once then release then press and release again, but when you press and hold the buttton it will happen.
  • drakcertdrakcert Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Combat
    Lucky Blades: Critically Striking or Deflecting an attack grants you Lucky Blades, which increases your AP generation by 2/4/6/8/10% for 4 seconds.

hr does not need action points increased critical chance or cd reduction

Skirmisher's Gambit: Your critical chance is reduced by 2/4/6/8/10% but your critical severity is increased by 10/20/30/40/50%.

Your critical chance is reduced by 1/2/3/4/5% but your critical severity is increased by 10/20/30/40/50%.

edited March 2015
    drakcert wrote: »
    hr does not need action points increased critical chance or cd reduction
    it seems you don't know what you are talking about. This feats are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anyway
    edited March 2015
    trapper is best. they can reduce daily cooldown now as well enough said.
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The reduces daze times, made this class feature undesirable. I suggest restoring the original times (0.5 and 1 sec) for PVE at least.

Yes, this nerfbat this was a result of our wonderful community reaction to this class feature. (read: PVP whiners got their wish and sent another power into uselessness)
    edited March 2015
    vadimt83 wrote: »
    The reduces daze times, made this class feature undesirable. I suggest restoring the original times (0.5 and 1 sec) for PVE at least.

Yes, this nerfbat this was a result of our wonderful community reaction to this class feature. (read: PVP whiners got their wish and sent another power into uselessness)

the class feature was too much, there are still ways to abuse it to death keeping somewhat a feeling of "permadaze" but the way it works does not fit trapper playstyle.
    used as intended, yes it s kind of worthless and i m going to stick with aspect of the lone wolf until someone proves me otherwise.

the new encounters dont fit any HR playstyle, after many tests i will not even unlock them.

forestbound is awesome, hard nerfed tho but the best thing hrs got for sure
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited March 2015

After trying both in pvp and pve this feat does no longer give any advantage what so ever.
    With current nerf it dont effect players at all in pvp and in pvp it does not matter at all as you dont even notice it on mobs.

Crushing roots is out end class feature and if you decide that this nerf to it is what you want I strongly suggest you remake it into something useful. We have several power/features that is useless already but having our end feature turned into something uttery useless is a bit harsh.

BUGG:
    Fox range version stays for 12 second for all attacks exept aoe attack which seam to ignore it (risk is that when fixed it will still ignore aoe attacks)
    edited March 2015

Crushing roots in PvE has been turned into nothing but an interrupt. The effect is so short that it is no longer felt as a desirable class feature. With survivability taking a huge dive at level 70, aspect of the lone wolf deflection is looking like a better choice.

Bug: Trapper's Cunning + Crushing Roots Combo

When trapper's cunning applies weak grasping roots with crushing roots feature slotted, the mob(s) are not dazed.

Bug: Aspect of the Lone Wolf

Aspect of the Lone wolf rank 4 STILL gives negative deflection. Lost 10%. Been like this for a few weeks now!!
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
    edited March 2015

I got one thing to say about this CA which is one of the best for a melee a HR
    why cant it crit? storm spell can crit and benefit from eye of the storm but we cant monpolize it?
    Please rethink give blade storm critical hits.
  • neopreenneopreen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I miss a rooting or stunning of targets after they are pulled into the center.

What´s the idea behind this centering if mobs aren´t bound there? HR´s can do split shots/strikes so that mobs don´t have to be that close together. If you wanna use Rain of Arrows mobs have to stay in that rain - but if they aren´t rooted they will run outta the circle.

I love the damage and the aoe-effect... that´s all.
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »

Crushing roots in PvE has been turned into nothing but an interrupt. The effect is so short that it is no longer felt as a desirable class feature. With survivability taking a huge dive at level 70, aspect of the lone wolf deflection is looking like a better choice.
    Agree.

In PvE this Class Features now is so useless. Please give us Crushing Roots which were before. And make them half
    effective in PvP
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2015

It gives 400 regeneration for 4 seconds which is useless, since regen no longer works in combat and even in PvE it will only tick once or twice before wear off. Not even talking about the amount of stat it provides.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited March 2015
    Cruel recovery:
    Consider to double the amount of temp HP and make it finally stackable.
  • duasteduaste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why not make melee HR damage on par with TR damage so it can really be an alternative for someone who wants to make melee blade character other than TR. I mean don't make the melee path for HR just like somekind of variation, but the path that you really can rely for damage too, just like how TR damage is, but with different playstyle than TR. Please consider, because we don't have a REAL alternative for melee blade character. Beside that a Hunter is supposed to be deadly right? So why a Rogue is more deadly than a Hunter, what is that??? Please make the class skills and power fit more to the class name.
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I've given up trying to test any content on the preview server. So many HR skills are bugged beyond comprehension that any worthwhile testing is impossible. Fox's Cunning gives you unlimited dodges for the duration of the charge, Gushing Wound and Careful Attack just instantly kill everything when you have a DoT enchant. Gushing Wound, Careful Attack and Aura of Courage are even worse, because they cause a kind of loop. The log is so messy with all kinds of procs and loops I can't honestly figure out what is causing what, but my lord. It seems they all proc eachother, while also proccing red glyphs. It's... a mess.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Critical Strikes doing 0 damage with rapid strike/shot

My character is doing 0 damage on critical strikes in both ranged and melee with rapid strike/shot I just respec my character this morning and picked up the trapper's cunning feat and picked up some crit bonus boons along with elvish fury instead of my normal deflect choices. I don't know if it's related or not. I am using the elemental artifact weapon set.

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm using perfect plague fire enchant

werewolf.jpg
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Anceint Roots Feat

Tested in PvE, target dummies and active mobs. Ancient roots is not applying the bonus time to roots. I have the feat maxed out at 5/5 so it should, on paper have a duration of 7 seconds. 5 seconds from the feat (for strong) + 2 seconds from class mechanic.

From my testing, I am only seeing about an average of a rooted target of 3.22 seconds from melee and ranged attacks. That is including the fact that I have the crushing root feature slotted on my OH (15% additional control bonus), additional 382 control bonus and 10% control bonus boon from ToD.

werewolf.jpg
This discussion has been closed.