test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The long-awaited weapon and armor enchantment rework

Comments

• vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hquadros wrote: »
    And the battle between wizards and warriors began moreover oldest battle that his own existence! this time I'm out ;)

BUT: Time Stop --- > Gate ---> Solar ---> Win. (PnP Lv20 D&D 3ª)

And then managed to get close?

hum ... MAYBE A ROGUE ...(these rather a magician SHOULD be afraid)
    Well a rogue can sneak behind the wizard and kill him with one backstab. Unless the wizard had true sight or some kind of magical protection.
    But a frontal assault on a wizard, that's suicide :D
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And the battle between wizards and warriors began moreover oldest battle that his own existence! this time I'm out ;)

Now with video proof!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFqeh7avbmI
  • kazearimorikazearimori Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ^
    DR seems to be less and less desirable already.
    Most DPS setups already has about 30% ArP in. With mod6 changes, this figure will soar towards 40-50%.
    AH prices has also shown this trend more or less. Radiants are most expensive now, with the rest dropping in price or not receiving a good market. Stats are difficult to stack in mod6 and novelty enchantments with mixed stats like crit/deflect have their prices pretty much sliced after preview was up.
    Dark enchantments more or less maintained but many are aware you don't need to stack it hardcore to reach respectable levels.
    We can say or hope these are speculations since mod6 hasn't gone 'live'. But I believe this scenario will not deviate too much unless Cryptic decides to contemplate a major change again.

Back on Negation and DR. One probably can maintain about 5-6 stacks at optimum point like someone already pointed out. That gives 15-18% DR (which isn't really alot). In PvP, ArP just cuts right through with the ArP boosted as stated above.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    Consider a few things:
    - Armor Penetration will also be higher in the new module; Negation will only be useful if your DR isn't already being fully mitigated. Otherwise, you'll need to stack it to the point where it beats the opponent's ArP before it even becomes useful.
    - Increasing DR gives increasing rewards up to the limit (and even then, stacking above the limit helps offset ArP). So it helps characters more the higher their DR is to begin with.
    - The stacks don't stay up forever. To build and refresh them requires being hit with a lot of attacks. Currently, neither GWFs nor GFs run around hitting people with DoT attacks, nor do they use rays or beams that quickly hits someone with a bunch of ticks. (Now, they might be tempted to switch to plaguefire, which would give some of those properties.) Both melee classes predominantly rely on hitting with combos of a few strong single attacks.

All that is subject to the precise mechanics, but it looks like Negation will basically shine the most for heavily armored characters being struck by a CW spamming Ray of Frost, not the other way around.

A GWF in usntop can stack 10 negations on you in a 2 seconds with sure strike. On LIVE, dodging classes have a very easy time avoiding the fighter enconters. GWFs dont have gap-closing encounters, so they tend to run to the wizard and spam at-wills. If you dont know that you dont pvp, if you dont pvp please do not comment on it. Also many folks run PF, even more folks have only 1 weapon enchant and cant afford to switch perfects for each fight. Even half stacks of Negation would be +15% DR which is pretty much what the new Sentinel 5 point feat gives.

Classes with weaker armor and lower DR who already have high (ranged) dps/cc/dodge and/or deflect will be the ones to benefit the most from preview Negation because it will make up for the one thing they lack.

And last but not least, Panderus mains a CW
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    emilemo wrote: »

Hahahaha. This pizza compagny doesn't use anchovies because the boss' little cousin doesn't like it.

Dude, it's time for you to take a rest.
    edited February 2015
    umsche wrote: »
    Hahahaha. This pizza compagny doesn't use anchovies because the boss' little cousin doesn't like it.

Dude, it's time for you to take a rest.

How many of the design decisions are based on their own experience from internal testing and actual playing hm? Seeing as how they tend to ignore player generated feedback, Id say they base most of it on their own perspectives. Combine this with the fact that devs and mods seem to simply be bad at this game ( Akromatic's infamous PVP failures ) and you can get a good idea of why so many things are out of line or flat out imbalanced.

Im not saying they favour the CW class because person A mains one. I am saying any class can get a boost or nerf based on a misconception on the devs part originating from their lack of ability to play their own game.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    emilemo wrote: »

omfg I laughed so hard. words cannot be more true xD
    edited February 2015
    ..snip..

Post dissecting and taking sentences out of context is an online practice I abhor so I will not be drawn into it. I've said what I had to say and for the record if your dodger doesnt dodge intimidation then any more talking is pointless.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    No, GWFs don't currently play like that unless they're bad or undergeared. The good GWFs in PvP currently all rely on big hits from intimidation to inflict the majority of their damage, not spamming Sure Strike. Non-intimidation GWFs (none really exist at the higher end of PvP) will use stun lock + IBS.

lulz, GWFs both intimidation and Non-Intimidation spam sure strike, Intimidation spam it to get 5 stacks of weapon master to get more deflect and crit, non-intimidation (obviously destroyer since nobody plays instigator) spam it to get stacks of destroyer's purpose.
    u wot m8?
  • goldenregisgoldenregis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can this stupid OFF-TOPIC PvP stuff end? make your own d*mn thread. This thread was to discuss the enchant reworks, and now it's devolved into PvP b*tching
    Heh. Mod 0 player/guild, "The Jolly Rogers"
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Welcome to every single thread discussing any sort of official, unofficial or proposed change to the game.

There is not a single thread that falls under these topics that isn't quickly consumed by the same people bickering about PvP.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Welcome to every single thread discussing any sort of official, unofficial or proposed change to the game.

There is not a single thread that falls under these topics that isn't quickly consumed by the same people bickering about PvP.

This........
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    This........

+1

the purpose by the same people who think the game is eminently PVP and that this supposed game was made just for them only because they feel this right because they are avid consumers! living democracy and care for here one can not say everything except the white knights delete such your post...hilarious...because i love watch the theory of micro-power in action...rofl

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    +1

the purpose by the same people who think the game is eminently PVP and that this supposed game was made just for them only because they feel this right because they are avid consumers! living democracy and care for here one can not say everything except the white knights delete such your post...hilarious...because i love watch the theory of micro-power in action...rofl

come on quit *****ing
    protector enclave is full of "really perfect terror is going to be bis? wtf i have a vorpal someone wants to trade" ??
    perfect vorpal + soulforged will still be bis in pve no matter how much they buff weapon damage.
    so while creating and answering to this thread people will always keep a pvp point of view.
    come on read the enchants, those have all pvp effects.
    40% debuff to power? dr on damage taken with high stacks loss/second? debuff to recovery? you may not like pvp but these enchants have primary affect that.
    edited February 2015
    how many logical errors, OK you are right then go on living your sweet illusion! by the way I like PVP so that not waste my time in a game that is not PVP addition to being super-ultra-mega unbalanced, but I understand you should be easier to enjoy something when you have the apparent domination of the situation, if you know what me is not TR / HR?
    edited February 2015
    I may have exaggerated in my comments, but still not agree with your point of view Rayrdan already that the additional effects of enchants apply also to mobs ie since the PVE received a significant buff is no because you do not see the debuff which means it does not exist! and that consequently not specifically applies in PVP scope. maybe this effects lead to a false perception that the enchants were directed to the PVP only to cause this hyppe directed to those "avid consumers", think about it!
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I may have exaggerated in my comments, but still not agree with your point of view Rayrdan already that the additional effects of enchants apply also to mobs ie since the PVE received a significant buff is no because you do not see the debuff which means it does not exist! and that consequently not specifically applies in PVP scope. maybe this effects lead to a false perception that the enchants were directed to the PVP only to cause this hyppe directed to those "avid consumers", think about it!

what i was trying to say is that those added effects have a no well specified effect/utility in pve.
    so as far as we can theorycraft about them it's easier to think about their pvp results.
    edited February 2015
    the result in PVP since the beta is the same: horrible, ****, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, shame, injustice, anger, anxiety, unbalance, and 1-2 classes OP (who knocks this happy who does not not beat this no matter what class is)...among other varied feelings! as I said this is just a "smokescreen".

seriously I would love for the game was full (PvE/PVP) but the question is who will never fix this PVP because the game is not PVP so you are theorizing about NOTHING ... are not theoretical ... are nihilists! this was another opinion on will seem even fanboys lol JK &#55357;&#56860;
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the result in PVP since the beta is the same: horrible, ****, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, shame, injustice, anger, anxiety, unbalance, and 1-2 classes OP (who knocks this happy who does not not beat this no matter what class is)...among other varied feelings! as I said this is just a "smokescreen".

seriously I would love for the game was full (PvE/PVP) but the question is who will never fix this PVP because the game is not PVP so you are theorizing about NOTHING ... are not theoretical ... are nihilists! this was another opinion on will seem even fanboys lol JK ��

Using bigger font will not make you sound any more reasonable. Nor not using commas and dots will make you text have any more sense.

You all forgot that devs stated that they will increase "defense" for mods. So people will need to stack defense debuff. Plus with new curves for Arm Pen is way more to get to "soft cap" even in pvp.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    perfect vorpal + soulforged will still be bis in pve no matter how much they buff weapon damage.

That's not accurate.

In PvE a group with someone running Terror and Plague Fire is substantially better off than a group where everyone is running Vorpals. The new updates to Terror and Plague Fire are only going to make them more in demand for PvE, too. Depending on how big the debuff Pure and Transcendent Vorpal is applying, you're going to want a "vorpal debuffer" in your group, too.

I can also see how Negation is going to be the "go to" enchant for tanks in PvE, and likely other players. As much as a tank is going to get clobbered in PvE, that enchant is awesome. Staying alive >> be rezzed in PvE.

Lifedrinker could also see itself step back into PvE because of the lifesteal boost.

The other frost, fire and lightning enchants could come into play depending on the class and the actual damage boost each applies.

So give me a break when you say that the only thing that matters is PvP...maybe to the same 4 or 5 people who argue about PvP in every single thread. But to the other 99.99% of people who enjoy PvE in this game, that part still matters.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited February 2015
    (Thedemien) I use a translator because this is not my mother language and text editing is a little bad then I'm sorry if I offended your eyes! not need to attack me personally / indirectly to trying to "disqualify" or attack my arguments. this is ugly beyond being a logical unforgivable mistake. but I forgive you :)

by the way offend the TOS (not only your eyes) write in capital letters! I am forgiven too? Lol

in relation to the latter part of your comment I agree with you and these modifications suggest an implement in PVE and PVP in a mere speculation as said only one smoke curtain.

edited February 2015
    That's not accurate.

In PvE a group with someone running Terror and Plague Fire is substantially better off than a group where everyone is running Vorpals. The new updates to Terror and Plague Fire are only going to make them more in demand for PvE, too. Depending on how big the debuff Pure and Transcendent Vorpal is applying, you're going to want a "vorpal debuffer" in your group, too.

I can also see how Negation is going to be the "go to" enchant for tanks in PvE, and likely other players. As much as a tank is going to get clobbered in PvE, that enchant is awesome. Staying alive >> be rezzed in PvE.

Lifedrinker could also see itself step back into PvE because of the lifesteal boost.

The other frost, fire and lightning enchants could come into play depending on the class and the actual damage boost each applies.

So give me a break when you say that the only thing that matters is PvP...maybe to the same 4 or 5 people who argue about PvP in every single thread. But to the other 99.99% of people who enjoy PvE in this game, that part still matters.

this ... what I said but more accurately and with other words! thank ironzerg79
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    But to the other 99.99% of people who enjoy PvE in this game, that part still matters.

That's quite the exaggeration. Also, when it comes to min-maxing, the hardcore community has an exponentially larger percentage than the hardcore community in PVE (due to the fact that there are no respectable challenges in PVE)
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    come on quit *****ing
    protector enclave is full of "really perfect terror is going to be bis? wtf i have a vorpal someone wants to trade" ??

Well given that the new stat curve effectively reduces crit % and that you need at least a 35% + crit % to gain the most out of vorpal, I have to disagree. The math doesn't support it.
    The only class that vorpal will remain bis on is the TR thanks to the garaunteed crit rates from stealth.
    Every other class now has a plethora of options to choose from that are just as good if not downright superior to vorpal, and with the debuff varieties now available from enchants it is far better to be varied than all vorpal.

It'll all come down to what you want to do and how you do it. The enchants now promote variety and certain enchants will be better suited to certain class/play styles. Variety is a good thing.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
    edited February 2015
    That's quite the exaggeration. Also, when it comes to min-maxing, the hardcore community has an exponentially larger percentage than the hardcore community in PVE (due to the fact that there are no respectable challenges in PVE)

hardcore or not means nothing since it is not possible to know precisely EVEN the number of active players! be hardcore or casual should not qualify or disqualify after all play like some others do not and it also should not be a qualifying among the players much less for the company! then whatever BUT apparently PVE population is sharply higher than the PVPers single given real is the "leaderboard" indicates that about 25-26 thousand PvPers (active, not active? Idk) and there is the question in a universe of how many?
    edited February 2015
    caexar wrote: »
    Well given that the new stat curve effectively reduces crit % and that you need at least a 35% + crit % to gain the most out of vorpal, I have to disagree. The math doesn't support it.
    The only class that vorpal will remain bis on is the TR thanks to the garaunteed crit rates from stealth.
    Every other class now has a plethora of options to choose from that are just as good if not downright superior to vorpal, and with the debuff varieties now available from enchants it is far better to be varied than all vorpal.

It'll all come down to what you want to do and how you do it. The enchants now promote variety and certain enchants will be better suited to certain class/play styles. Variety is a good thing.

opened up a world of possibilities and many possible constructions and perhaps not only focused on that relentless pursuit of higher dps!
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    hardcore or not means nothing since it is not possible to know precisely EVEN the number of active players! be hardcore or casual should not qualify or disqualify after all play like some others do not and it also should not be a qualifying among the players much less for the company! then whatever BUT apparently PVE population is sharply higher than the PVPers single given real is the "leaderboard" indicates that about 25-26 thousand PvPers (active, not active? Idk) and there is the question in a universe of how many?

You're right. It is hard to determine the percentages. I didn't bring the topic up. I merely responded to it. I think its stupid to make exaggerated statements about demographics.
  • burndburnd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A part of me thinks people are getting ahead of themselves with this terror fad. It's too good to be true and we all know 90% of enchants don't work as how nicely they're worded in their description. Plus after release (or even before) changes can be made. It's way to early to count your chickens. My opinion anyway.
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Any news on Bronzewood,Feytouched and any other not yet mentioned-underrated enchant?
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Any news on Bronzewood,Feytouched and any other not yet mentioned-underrated enchant?

Feytouched got reworked.

The "Pure" I think is now you deal 10% more weapon damage each strike AND encounter siphon 18% away (I think) and make 18% more for you. Not sure about the Trans version though.

FYI - Terror is still broken and is only giving the old % damage boost (20% defenses = about 4% dmg). Also noticed the Vorpal is not updated yet and still shows 0% there.