test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The long-awaited weapon and armor enchantment rework

Comments

• kss1985kss1985 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    even if they buff Tranquil, it will still be less valid than a radiant.. a rank 12 tranquil can give.. what 1200 hp.. u got 6 defense slot. This give you 7200 Hp (estimated) in 12-14 sec... 7200 hp healed instead of 14400 hp..
  • sndxdeadxshootsndxdeadxshoot Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    terror has roots GG BOI

So it's only good for PVP. ggboi
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So it's only good for PVP. ggboi

you must be a "control wizard"
  • burndburnd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kss1985 wrote: »
    Did anyone had a chance to see a trascendent NEGATION?
    with this change it looks lik negation is a very good alternative to soulforged. It can be very interesting for GF Op or DC.

please post a screen so we can compare.

working on it now will post a screenshot of it once i get it
    edited February 2015
    burnd wrote: »
    working on it now will post a screenshot of it once i get it

GREAT- thx a lot

if possible, please provide also some testing :)
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Looks like most of enchants are not finished yet. Some have same tool-tips or like soul-forged Pure lvl 11 heals more then Transcendent lvl 12. I hope they will fix all this.
    Does anymoby tried Lightning enchantment ? Tooltip does not says if it still gives 20% bonus damage.
    edited February 2015
    Lighting now is level based, no more 20% as before. But now it has 100% chance to proc the chains..
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    any update on negation?
  • xylocainexylocaine Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vteasy wrote: »
    any update on negation?
    Perfect: Armor Enhancement Slot: When receiving damage each hit stacks a 3% increase to your damage resistance for 9 seconds. This effect can stack a maximum of 10 times.

Pure: Armor Enhancement Slot: When receiving damage each hit stacks a 3% increase to your damage resistance and a 1% increase to incoming healing for 9 seconds. This effect can stack a maximum of 10 times.

Transcendent: Armor Enhancement Slot: When receiving damage each hit stacks a 3% increase to your damage resistance, a 1% increase to incoming healing and a 1% increase too recovery for 9 seconds. This effect can stack a maximum of 10 times.
    edited February 2015
    wow, that is going to be a tank's new best friend. Thanks for posting
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Soulforged and lathanders set, especially with the new soulforged is going to be tough to beat.
    Also if people are going to have super high Arp and terror enchants no amount of DR is going to really help.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    xylocaine wrote: »
    Perfect: Armor Enhancement Slot: When receiving damage each hit stacks a 3% increase to your damage resistance for 9 seconds. This effect can stack a maximum of 10 times.

Pure: Armor Enhancement Slot: When receiving damage each hit stacks a 3% increase to your damage resistance and a 1% increase to incoming healing for 9 seconds. This effect can stack a maximum of 10 times.

Transcendent: Armor Enhancement Slot: When receiving damage each hit stacks a 3% increase to your damage resistance, a 1% increase to incoming healing and a 1% increase too recovery for 9 seconds. This effect can stack a maximum of 10 times.

Does this thing have an internal cooldown ?
    lococatt91 wrote: »
    Soulforged and lathanders set, especially with the new soulforged is going to be tough to beat.
    Also if people are going to have super high Arp and terror enchants no amount of DR is going to really help.

Thats what Ive been saying, why bother playing any sort of melee tank/fighter when everyone and their grannies will ignore your best stat i.e DR ?
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • xylocainexylocaine Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    emilemo wrote: »
    Does this thing have an internal cooldown ? [...]
    I don't have one to test it, but according to this thread http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?842411-Negation-enchantment - there's no internal cooldown probably.
    edited February 2015
    Negation needs internal cooldown or you'll see cloth wearing casters reaching DR caps and laughing in the faces of melee "tanks".

Cryptic, you people have something against heavy armor wearing fighters and a hardon for wizards? Whats the deal there
    edited February 2015
    if this is how negation works.. it is sad. it would me much more nice and interesting to have the 10 staks and after the last one start the 9 seconds duration.. but if each stack is separately calculated it is not that useful.
    edited February 2015
    Negation needs internal cooldown or you'll see cloth wearing casters reaching DR caps and laughing in the faces of melee "tanks".

Cryptic, you people have something against heavy armor wearing fighters and a hardon for wizards? Whats the deal there
    Agreed on both statements. CWs will be able to reach a barrier of DR hardly penetrable by fighters while being able to nulify fighters' DR easily with their powers (oh and since terror is a new bis...). Cryptic does have an a possession by wizards, CW has always been a class to dominate this game alone. Combine shield, Negation some DR and it will be just frustrating.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In other games I played its commonly knowed as *AGE OF CASTERS* when this happens.
    Strangly enough the devs in most games seams to sooner or later arrive to this stage when casters take over the game.

Fair enough CWs been the top dog in this game since beta more or less (even if not in pvp but the total domination in pve has been more then enough to give them the titel *top dog*) but when you erase the differance between being able to recive damage between the classes and keep giving the caster more and more and more of dps and cc toward non casters (tr BIG exeption in pvp) this is what happens = AGE OF CASTERS.

And now it finaly looks like they take the step where casters actully will be able to get rid of the tanks all together as they simple will be able to tank better themself. Dc sure tanks better then any tank already and even does more damage funny enough, now its time for cw and sw to step up and leave the *MIGHTY* tanks in the pup drinking beer and telling tales about the good old times when tanks was needed.....
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    marnival wrote: »
    In other games I played its commonly knowed as *AGE OF CASTERS* when this happens.
    Strangly enough the devs in most games seams to sooner or later arrive to this stage when casters take over the game.

Fair enough CWs been the top dog in this game since beta more or less (even if not in pvp but the total domination in pve has been more then enough to give them the titel *top dog*) but when you erase the differance between being able to recive damage between the classes and keep giving the caster more and more and more of dps and cc toward non casters (tr BIG exeption in pvp) this is what happens = AGE OF CASTERS.

And now it finaly looks like they take the step where casters actully will be able to get rid of the tanks all together as they simple will be able to tank better themself. Dc sure tanks better then any tank already and even does more damage funny enough, now its time for cw and sw to step up and leave the *MIGHTY* tanks in the pup drinking beer and telling tales about the good old times when tanks was needed.....
    In pnp, high level magic users were always more powerfull than fighters. Imagine a battle between a wizard and a fighter in any fantasy setting, who will win?
    Therefore its only natural that computer games lean in this direction.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In pnp, high level magic users were always more powerfull than fighters. Imagine a battle between a wizard and a fighter in any fantasy setting, who will win?

Omg where to start to a statement like this :-).

First of all a pnp world is led by a GM that can adjust balance at his lesure second of all there are so many things in pnp that dont work in computor based world like anti magic items for others often the bane for high wizard of note.

In pnp wizard has 1d4 hp worriors have d10 items are resticted and heavely resticed at that there is no wiz with high hp high ac in pnp the differance is so huge its makes to no sence to draw a parallel like that.

In a computor game if one class is to become more powerful then all the others by default its going to become the most played class and makes the other classes non valid from start.

If you have different classes it can be for 2 major reasons in a game;

1. Each class has its strenght and weakness and when combined they can do things not possible by each alone.

2. All classes more or less do the same damage has the same abilitys in various ways but it comes down to rolyplay feeling if you want to swing a sword, shoot an arrow, fire a magic missile or smite them with the power of your God.

In NW as I see it its strenght and weakness that define the classes and therefore giving one class the ablity to become better then all the other classes is wrong in lieu of balance.

If you have a game where the strenght of tanks is to be able to withstand heavy damage and protect the party is negated so that they no longer has a role because the party withstand the heavy damage even better and dont need protection from tanks- well then the tanks has played its part and are no longer valid as a class.

If that is the game you want to play you soon find that NW will be left empty with a few left over cws trs(trying to get into some non existant pvp) and soon shut down as it no longer has any players.

In the end its up the players to stay or leave and the devs to wake up and smell the coffe either way making it go toward *AGE OF CASTERS* has been the downfall of every single game I seen...
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Agreed on both statements. CWs will be able to reach a barrier of DR hardly penetrable by fighters while being able to nulify fighters' DR easily with their powers (oh and since terror is a new bis...). Cryptic does have an a possession by wizards, CW has always been a class to dominate this game alone. Combine shield, Negation some DR and it will be just frustrating.

Except to get that bonus, the caster would need to be hit 10 times...at which point I would figured they'd be dead, right? (in PvP)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Except to get that bonus, the caster would need to be hit 10 times...at which point I would figured they'd be dead, right? (in PvP)
    True, but I heard new GF has some DoT with new feats. Besides many are still going to use GPF.
    edited February 2015

How about this, if there is an armor enchant ( Negation on preview ) which can allow a cloth wearing caster reach DR levels of a Plate Armor warrior, then lets have a weapon enchant that turns the heaviest melee attacks into ranged attacks. Would that be acceptable to the ranged class players? Would you like a 35k IBS crit from 80 feet away? The point of me playing a melee and you playing ranged is that Im strong in close quarters, I get near you I can drop you and you are strong at 80 feet away - you avoid me you drop me. With Negation, I get near you - you tank me! I main a GWF and I do PVP, the attacks I land on Wizards most often are my at-wills, because with current dodge its a piece of cake to avoid the fighter encounters.

Regardless if its PVE or PVP the devs are pretty much leading us toward 1 weapon and 1 armor enchant if things are to remain as they are on preview right now. If a CW can have very high ranged damage, CC, high HP, high ArmPen, 100% crit, a rank12 Terror and capped DR, then why would I or anybody else spend resources on playing a GWF/GF/Paladin? Heck, I still got enough saved in my bank to take a brand new CW from zero to BiS in a day and join the easy club. But I dont wanna do that, I like my warriors.
    All I want is some freakin' level playing field, that aint too much to ask is it?
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited February 2015

The Cw in high geared already on live has reached tankiness beyond imagination.45k hp ,35% DR ,shield on tab and three long immunity dodges that -what the helll-provide DAMAGE IMMUNITY one sec after they are done,these feats qualify for me that already in mod5 pvp specced CWs have reached dangerously the tanks protection or even surpassed it.
    Combine these with dot damage,procs(assailant) and the bugged storm spell and you see why overall in pages 1-1000 CWs dominate even before broken TRs and in first 100 pages CWs are only behind TRs.

There is a sceleton in the closet ,in our case in NW the hidden survivability of ranged and especially CWs.

When a class has roughly the same protection with a tank but 4x the DPS and the CC,for me there is a problem.

To be more spesific in your question,the negation will give the extra time to the Cw with his dots and procs to finish you off.
    Cws can be fought when they caught by surprise or stunned/proned.Negation will make them a lot harder to finish them off.And if you do not finish them off as a tank fast ,then there is a little hope before the CWs dot/procs/storm spell/cc finish you off.

GF shield lasts 8 secs ,GWFs unstop 6.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you add a cooldown then you'll never be able to actually reach the max stack amount.

Oh, and also make it useless.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you add a cooldown then you'll never be able to actually reach the max stack amount.

Oh, and also make it useless.

The negation stacks fall off pretty fast. I have one on PTR and its pretty rough to try and maintain full stacks. Most of the time in PVP my guess is you wont have much more than 4 stacks.

But even that is ALOT of DR.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    The negation stacks fall off pretty fast. I have one on PTR and its pretty rough to try and maintain full stacks. Most of the time in PVP my guess is you wont have much more than 4 stacks.

But even that is ALOT of DR.

Isnt one point for stack?
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Isnt one point for stack?

I think its 3% DR per stack.

However each stack doesnt refresh old ones, so once you get to 10 stacks the first one you got is already falling off... So if you are in constant battle (basically in PVE) you might have 6+ stacks up

In PVP there will be times with no stacks and times with a few stacks.
    edited February 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    I think its 3% DR per stack.

However each stack doesnt refresh old ones, so once you get to 10 stacks the first one you got is already falling off... So if you are in constant battle (basically in PVE) you might have 6+ stacks up

In PVP there will be times with no stacks and times with a few stacks.

True but I see this enchant coming to life in PVP on node 2 with a cleric healing. Especially with someone debuffing incoming damage
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vadimt83 wrote: »

And the battle between wizards and warriors began moreover oldest battle that his own existence! this time I'm out ;)

BUT: Time Stop --- > Gate ---> Solar ---> Win. (PnP Lv20 D&D 3ª)

And then managed to get close?

hum ... MAYBE A ROGUE ...(these rather a magician SHOULD be afraid)