test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Next Double RP Weekend?

2»

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As with all events, they'll tell us when they tell us.

The only way people ever get a jump on upcoming events prior to official announcements is when there's something in a preview shard calendar that isn't in the live one (which, being preview, runs the risk of being subject to change). At the moment, the preview calendars are as barren as the live one. They aren't telling us squat.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Still not enough. However, there are reports from preview that mobs now drop R5s and resonance stones...

R5 enchants and runestones drop from mobs and skill nodes quite often after 61. However i've never seen a resonance stone drop, while this is good for artifacts it sucks major for artifact gear since the 61 - 70 gear still offers the base 100 rp for green and 300 for blue and at the they require more rp that is just plain unacceptable. Frankly mobs need to be dropping at minimum green resonance stones at this point or they need to make double RP standard.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    professions on the gateway is a major draw to this game for legit players. Removing it would be a major QoL nerf to the game. It would be another nail in the coffin.

Agreed! I actually started using the Gateway for the first time about a month ago - wish I would have started sooner. Been trying to get a Lightfoot Thief companion. Whew - it is going to take a while!!

And I can manage my professions tasks while on break at work, too! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    R5 enchants and runestones drop from mobs and skill nodes quite often after 61. However i've never seen a resonance stone drop, while this is good for artifacts it sucks major for artifact gear since the 61 - 70 gear still offers the base 100 rp for green and 300 for blue and at the they require more rp that is just plain unacceptable. Frankly mobs need to be dropping at minimum green resonance stones at this point or they need to make double RP standard.

Sucks then. Been busy leveling paladin, haven't checked myself. Artifacts somewhat fine atm, leveling them up to epic is pretty easy, especially if it's power artifact (drop a few skulls into one another and here's an easy legendary artifact), but the artifact gear, on the other hand, is a nightmare. Reaching even epic lvl is barely possible within reasonable timeframe.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • delbi11867delbi11867 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015

One method I see them botting these days is the gateway. (I did a google search and the stuff they have is amazing) The professions and auction should NOT be there for them to use at all ever.

Its the only way i do my leadership,i have 17 toons making me astrals that i worked hard to lvl and is much easier on gateway. You must only have 1 toon or 2 to not use gateway for it, don`t penalise us players who made multi toons to make our astrals.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    One method I see them botting these days is the gateway. (I did a google search and the stuff they have is amazing) The professions and auction should NOT be there for them to use at all ever.

You know what else I've seen? People repeating sentences in chat when their script broke which suggests botting happens in game for professions too. Should we remove professions altogether, not to mention res stones since they were botted as well as rank 4s. Player experience should be a priority. What's the point in playing if I'm going to feel 2nd class and punished for what others do while they find some work around.
    edited February 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Artifacts somewhat fine atm, leveling them up to epic is pretty easy, especially if it's power artifact (drop a few skulls into one another and here's an easy legendary artifact), but the artifact gear, on the other hand, is a nightmare. Reaching even epic lvl is barely possible within reasonable timeframe.

You make leveling power artifacts sound too easy. It may be easy for some players, especially those who play 6+ hours a day everyday, but for many players, it still take a bit of time. However, as others have said there should be some challenge in leveling artifacts, as they are not some common item that should be easily had (they are artifacts, for goodness sake!).
    frishter wrote: »
    You know what else I've seen? People repeating sentences in chat when their script broke which suggests botting happens in game for professions too. Should we remove professions altogether, not to mention res stones since they were botted as well as rank 4s. Player experience should be a priority. What's the point in playing if I'm going to feel 2nd class and punished for what others do while they find some work around.

Well said! Stop punishing and frustrating the legit players with anti-bot measures that don't really slow bot activity. One such example is the one-by-one task completion pause when accessing professions in-game. This is a really ridiculous measure as it will not slow down bots, but just annoy legit players.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You have to say though that botting the gateway is that much easier. It's heaven for these dickheads. Even the devs said they are hesitant adding more stuff because you have to be aware of abusive behavior.

It's a shame because the gateway has become one of the major features for me personally and I'd like to see it extended in the future.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd use the Gateway more if I didn't have to dig so many "one time" codes out my Email. I really HATE going to my Email.
    edited February 2015
    aulduron wrote: »
    I'd use the Gateway more if I didn't have to dig so many "one time" codes out my Email. I really HATE going to my Email.

LOL! Yeah, that is strange how that happens sometimes, even when I use a PC I have used numerous times before . . .

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    aulduron wrote: »
    myowmyow wrote: »
    LOL! Yeah, that is strange how that happens sometimes, even when I use a PC I have used numerous times before . . .
    The Gateway's Account Guard resets on a monthly basis for your security. Other than that, if your browser isn't set to keep cookies or your system is set to automatically do a clean disk, this will be causing that too. As well, clearing your cookies and cache will cause you to need to reauthorize Gateway on that browser. You can enable, disable, and manage authorized location through the Cryptic Account Management. Disabling it is not advised though.
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    be even nicer if artifact gear isn't done via rp like artifacts i'm still trying to get my alts artifact weapon / belt to epic and i spend an hour+ a day on them each.
  • berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Waiting 2x RP day is meaningless. Because we are waiting cahange for RP system in module 6. Also I am against 2x rp days. Because It leads to inequality between players.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    The Gateway's Account Guard resets on a monthly basis for your security.

This is the exact reason I disabled it. Having authorised two accounts on three devices at home and one at work, the darned system then expired everything a month or so later. I can see some logic in expiring it but equally it was too inconvenient, especially as I do not access emails from some of the above-mentioned devices. So, my accounts are now less secure but I won't lose any sleep over it. They might wanna change that terminology though. One-time code -> Monthly code.
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Double RP should not be something that is needed, it should just be a boost and a special gift by the devs (to catch people up before a new mod etc). The real need is a way to gain RP by playing and not relying on bots, 3rd party sites etc. It would be nice if they were removed from the game, but there is too great a need for players atm, thats why they exist. Players doing challenging events that require groups should have RP rewards to give incentive to do them even if you have gear. Players getting RP items through playing to sell to other characters ingame (auction house). If players have a way to get RP then the people running bots would be hurt significantly. It would no longer be worth it for them to try and bot (because the only ways they could bot would produce much lower amounts of RP than someone just playing the game). Bots go away then the 3rd party spammers go away. People are happy and have a reason to play.

There are many ways this could be done.

- Give rewards to heroic dungeons. Bots do not go to dungeons, if they are they can easily be kicked (unless its a full group then they could not even finish it anyway). Premade groups would not have to worry about getting a bot. This would give a reason for players to repeat dungeons even when they have gear. T1 could give something like peridot, T2 aquamarine. Do not make them account bound. This would allow real players a way to make AD while bots/afkers lose out on the way.

-Separate Pug PVP and Premade PVP. Give RP rewards for premade and base the entire leaderboard only from premade pvp. Bots do not get in premade groups. If they made a premade group they would not get points which would mean that they did not get rewards either. Once again players get rewards, bots/afkers do not.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeh, I am coming to the realization that I really dont like the 2x RP event. It makes me store all my refining stones in anticipation, which is very frustrating. AT this point I have come around to the notion that refining Artifacts is THE biggest issue in this game at the moment.

I understand that they sell refining stones and that's why it is what it is, but this needs to change. Remove the refining stones from the Zen Market and make 2x RP permanent.

I DO love the artifacts themselves and I have no problem investing in Hoard Enchants in order to get Refining Stones to drop. I actually love that part of the game because I can go and do any content knowing I will get some Refining Stones to drop.
    twitch.tv/kaligold