test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Module 6 Devstream - Feb 13th from 5-6PM PST Q&A Thread

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
This Friday 2/13 from 5-6PM PST on our Twitch.tv channel, Akro will be sitting down with the lead Content Designer and Lore Master of Neverwinter, Randy Mosiondz, and getting an early look at the handiwork of the Cults of Elemental Evil! We’ll be having some Q&A time where we discuss questions asked by the Neverwinter community. If you have questions about the lore of Module6, ask them here for a chance to have them answered live on our Twitch.tv channel! We'll also be giving away 1 Dragonborn Legend Pack for every 500 viewers we get in the livestream!

What time is this for you? Click here!

What to find our Twitch.tv Channel? Click here!

Ask your Elemental Evil questions below for a chance to have them answered live during our stream!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Will there be more artifact equipment for mod 6 and, if so, how will the lack of readily available RP for artifact gear be addressed? Even if there is no new artifact gear, how do the devs plan to address this? I'm aware that players have seen increased enchantment drops and increased rank of those drops but it DOES NOT address the issue of gear RP as artifact equipment CANNOT be refined via enchantments.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ok, time to spill the beans on the new race. Will there be one this mod? What is it going to be?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Question: Any plans to update the Gods list to reflect D&D Next/5th Edition? For example, Amaunator is Lathander once more, and we're still missing a lot of important Gods. Mystra is alive again (Elminster is fully sane and in control of chronomancy once more, as we see in WoD content), so would be nice to have the most popular Goddess in the realms as a choice finally, among many others.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I vote for this question to be answered please:
    Will there be more artifact equipment for mod 6 and, if so, how will the lack of readily available RP for artifact gear be addressed? Even if there is no new artifact gear, how do the devs plan to address this? I'm aware that players have seen increased enchantment drops and increased rank of those drops but it DOES NOT address the issue of gear RP as artifact equipment CANNOT be refined via enchantments.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I also third this suggestion to be answered. I didnt intially put it in my post cause this "If you have questions about the lore of Module6, ask them here for a chance to have them answered live on our Twitch.tv channel!"

But this is one of the top 3 presssing issues needing an address.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I noticed that in this release there is a focus upon the 4 classic physical elementals. However, will there be any inclusion of Time Elementals?
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    When are you planning to improve Foundry Rewards to make them viable endgame content?

Also, Sahuagin! WHY AREN'T THERE SAHUAGIN IN THE DROWNED SHORE? I have been waiting and waiting for sahuagin, and they are a perfect fit for an "elemental evil" themed area, but get passed over for trolls and lizardfolk; both of which we've seen before. GIVE USE SOMETHING NEW!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here are my questions:

1. Are there any plans to expand the utility and/or customization options of non-augment companions, (beyond the upcoming level cap increase soon to come w/ module 6)?

2. Are there any plans to resolve many of the problems that arise as a result of the current team mechanics and how rewards/loot distribution, and kicking are handled?

3. Are there any plans to resolve issues with the custom channel moderation tools, as well as possibly adding to them?

4. What aspects of how current classes are played, would you as developers, like to see changed?

5. Related to #4 above, how do you foresee teams forming, given how a Paladin can fill the roles of GFs and DCs?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited February 2015

me wanna too
  • herbe420herbe420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited February 2015
    Hi, i have only one question. Will there ever be a stream more suitable to EU (CET) gamers, or you think we don't deserve a chance to win stuff on your giveaway's. 2 am on Friday night, for gamers (even if ppl dont have a job and a family)is still kinda late.
  • cryolysis9cryolysis9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1. Tarmalune Trade Bars - Is there plans to make these bars "Bound Account rather than "Bound Character" for the release of Module 6?
    2. Vault of Piety - Will we see any new items added to this selection? I would like to see some more items so I can spend my Ardent Favors and Celestial Synergy.
    3. Refinement - Will we see a larger diversity of refinement items sold on the Zen Market other than just Blood Rubies?
    4. Artifact Equipment - Are there any plans to implement more gear that must be refined, for instance armor sets like head, feet, chest, arms? To be honest, between enchantments & artifact equipment I feel overwhelmed at the amount of refinement points required for all this stuff. I'm looking forward to a break from all the refining.
    5. Paladin Pack - Will there be a Paladin Pack for sale with the release of Mod 6? And if so what will the pack contain?
    6. Weapon/Armor Enchant - Will there be a new weapon or armor enchant with the release of Mod 6?
    7. New Lockbox - Will there be a new lockbox with Mod 6? And if so what companion/mount will it contain?
    8. Armor Stats - On the preview server the stats for my gear at Level 70 is roughly 40% less (shown in the pics below) will there be Level 70 gear introduced to current or new dungeons that reflect a stat increase for the new level cap?

Level 70 Stats
    Level 60 Stats

HighVizier-Level70_zps185daec7.png
    HighVizier-Level60_zpsa2eee412.png

• soriniakovsoriniakov Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Good day!

why max level was increased to 70?

- previous mods have good experience with boon system
    - gear score currently shows character level well

and for my class (hunter ranger) 20% of class encounter powers use nobody and new powers should come

for what?
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My only question which, just like most of the other questions listed here, has absolutely nothing to do with lore, is simply "When? When does it go live?"
    My household is really looking forward to it.
  • delbi11867delbi11867 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    soriniakov wrote: »
    Good day!

why max level was increased to 70?

for what?

i can answer that 1, dungeons was dead with tiamat so only way to revive is lvl cap increase and rework old dungeons

question:i would allso like to know if gear refinment is going to be fixed, i have kinda completed my main getting all boons and gear, but i give up on trying to get my artifact gear above purple cos the numbers and the grind is too much, is it going to be fixed ?

Question: Will there be some good hard bosses like valhindra,castle never, these are what made the game good and made it worth being in a guild so you could do it,sometimes fail with people you knew. if its too easy it ruins the game (ask anyone who played a certain other mmo) There needs to be end game intances that take weeks to work out, not a couple of days.

Question: is there going to be a increase in the amount of astral diamonds you can refine? because if leaderhip is allso going to lvl 25 then this will take it over the 24k cap and will just keep stacking more astrals, allso will the lvl 25 leadership box have rank 5 gems and or maybe some refining item ?
  • thehelpersthehelpers Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dear Developers,
    I have a few questions. It is nice to hear about the Module 6. But, pl. correct me if I am wrong. In module 6, all artifacts lvl up to 120, characters upto 70, enchantments upto 12 etc. Suppose, I have a character to the lvl of 60, can it automatically be treated as lvl 70? Also, if I have an artifact at lvl 100, can it automatically become 120 or do i have to slog it out to make it reach 120? Will there be artifact equipment otherthan those which are available right now? Any improvement to Guardian Fighter since not many GFs are to be seen in the game (And that is my main character). Any better gear for Great Weapon Fighter as I see most GWFs are preferring T2 (Avatar of War set) to T3 (Draconic Templar set) and Module 6 with all its higher lvl demands, pose a real threat to GWFs if their gear is not appropriately improved.
  • iefsikefiefsikef Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    will there be more ways to get refinement points or some changes for the currently system ?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Folks, please keep in mind the thread is for asking questions on the Lore of Module 6, not about mechanics. The developer sitting down with Akro is one that works on Content and Lore. So, don't be bummed if your non-lore questions aren't brought up.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
    edited February 2015
    Question: What is the official campaign date that Module 6, Elemental Evil, takes place in? Is it 1479 DR, or later? I'm often confused about what time periods the content of the game takes place in and can only make educated guesses. It would be nice to have some sort of indicator for each zone on what time period the content there-in is in. As a lover of Chronomancy and the eldest Mystryl, Goddess of Time, this is one of the major lore discrepancies/omissions in the game that is always in the back of my mind.

Question: I've noticed that the Well of Dragons content is free from the Spellplague and Elminster is in control of his faculties and chronomancy magic. I can only assume this means that WoD content takes place after Mystra's third (and last) reincarnation. If this is true, will we continue to see spellplague free content in Module 6 and beyond?

Question (continued from prior question, or perhaps a different way to ask): Will we be seeing any new zones for areas such as the Chasm and other Spellplague torn regions to account for the cleansing of the Spellplague when Mystra regained full consciousness and repaired herself/the Weave?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Question: What is the official campaign date that Module 6, Elemental Evil, takes place in? Is it 1479 DR, or later? I'm often confused about what time periods the content of the game takes place in and can only make educated guesses. It would be nice to have some sort of indicator for each zone on what time period the content there-in is in. As a lover of Chronomancy and the eldest Mystryl, Goddess of Time, this is one of the major lore discrepancies/omissions in the game that is always in the back of my mind.

Question: I've noticed that the Well of Dragons content is free from the Spellplague and Elminster is in control of his faculties and chronomancy magic. I can only assume this means that WoD content takes place after Mystra's third (and last) reincarnation. If this is true, will we continue to see spellplague free content in Module 6 and beyond?

Question (continued from prior question, or perhaps a different way to ask): Will we be seeing any new zones for areas such as the Chasm and other Spellplague torn regions to account for the cleansing of the Spellplague when Mystra regained full consciousness and repaired herself/the Weave?

Commentary:
    Considering we harness the spellplague on weapons, from a lore perspective wouldn't plaguefire weapons stop working in that time period?
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Considering we harness the spellplague on weapons, from a lore perspective wouldn't plaguefire weapons stop working in that time period?
    Commentary: As a DM, I can see how some magical items that harness plaguefire could have been spared Mystra's cleansing, if the magics that bound them were powerful enough. Once the magic that bound them is broke, Mystra's cleansing would purge it and it wouldn't be a danger to the Weave, as she's in full control of herself once again. Similar to how Wild Magic still persists but is able to be cleaned by those that know how, and reabsorbed back into the Weave.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So we vanquished Valindra, but that was merely a setback. Any chance we'll be able to finish the fight with her by destroying her phylactery and getting rid of her for good?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • lonelyranger69lonelyranger69 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    i have a question if you may.....is there any chance to include elements in the guardian fighter character ?
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Are there plans, to let players embrace the darker impulses of their characters? Like revering evil gods or being able to support morally questionable organizations through quests, like aquiring forbidden knowledge or sabotage? (like choosing who to support in IWD or GG, just a bit more clear who the good guys are and who not)
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    RE: Fiery Pit
    Why do dwarves delve too greedily and too deep? Is there some sort of cap on their disaster liability that enables them to pursue these risky enterprises? Who is underwriting them?
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Any chance for a post which gives a brief recap of what was covered in livestream after it is over?
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Any chance Dorothea will ascend so we have her as a deity choice?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    slambit wrote: »
    Any chance for a post which gives a brief recap of what was covered in livestream after it is over?

They make the recorded video available to view, but Akro typically also posts a transcript of dev Q&A sessions.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    I vote for this question to be answered please:

Please!

This is such a huge question, we really need a answer!
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I too would like to know if there is any plans to add new Gods into the game, or update gods to what they are currently called again. I would also like to ask if we are ever going to get deity specific armor/ armor transmutes for our characters, so we can display our devotion to our chosen gods more. I know it is more for esthetics more than anything, but it would be cool to get.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Are there going to be more gods?
    will finally your deity choice and origin play at least some minor role in the new expansion?
    what happens with the spellplagued areas? are they in past now?
    2e2qwj6.jpg