Neverwinter Module 6 Devstream - Feb 13th from 5-6PM PST Q&A Thread

2»

Comments

• djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Paladin Pack?
  • ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In one of the epic heroic encounters players can fight greyish/brownish crabs and a giant crab. The textures and models of these crabs make them look a bit too mundane for a lvl >60 zone that is supposed to harbor dangerous creatures. Is there any possibility that these crabs can get a visual upgrade?

What I had in mind was crabs with thornes and colors, especially colorfull pincers as some crabs in nature have would be nice.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just noticed how late this will be for East coasters!

Im sure Ill miss it, is there a transcript of these or can we rewatch them?

I really would like the answer to the RP question answered, its very important to alot of us (this is the make or break for some of us (and no thats not a threat or demand, thats just personal decisions))
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Are you gonna upgrade all dungeons to level 70? Are you gonna create new dungeons? will add more pvp maps?WIll you reduce the refinement point cost? Will you add new pve armor set?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »

Im sure Ill miss it, is there a transcript of these or can we rewatch them?

Usually Akro posts a transcript on the news blog.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • lorgriuslorgrius Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Since this is lore q and a and we have the grand loremaster Randy Mosiondz my main question is why, from a lore perspective, are Paladins being stuck with the cleric's mace? A lot of long time players (i started dnd in th early 80's) find this decision to be somewhat dissonant to established lore and particulay to paladin art presented thoughout the lifetime of Dnd in the core books. I am not trying to be a putz about this I am just curious about the lore reasoning.

My other big lore question for the module is what force (if any) is binding all the elements together in a common and evil purpose. What gives fire and water, tradionaly opposed elements, the idea they need to persue a common objective?
    Lorgrius

A Day in the Life of a Ranger
    NW-DKCE6OZVH
    The Mines of Gubasso Daily!
    NW-DN7Z5LHAR
    The Vault of Hargon Daily!
    NW-DP4X6HAEP
  • tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Will we perhaps see an expansion of the worldmap itself? No just a magnifying glass to another place?

How do you go about designing a new campaign with new areas?
  • supermrblobsupermrblob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Question: Will Artifact Gear be BiS in Module 6?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh geez, this is probably a bit late to get in, but how the heck do you explain Minsc being alive and well like a hundred years after Baldur's Gate?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh geez, this is probably a bit late to get in, but how the heck do you explain Minsc being alive and well like a hundred years after Baldur's Gate?

Not just Minsc, but boo as well, it would seem. I'm fairly sure hamsters, even special mini-giant space hamsters, don't live that long.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Quite easily in a number of ways. Magic item of Longevity for one, also Kelemvor is known to bring back heroes from the dead that he feels are needed to keep the balance. Time travel, Planeswalking (planes operate on different timescales), and so on. Add on that this is the Realms, anything is possible.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd just like for there to be an explanation provided in-game. It could easily tie in with his BG2 epilogue where he and Boo basically wandered off into legend in a tale reminiscent of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    I'd just like for there to be an explanation provided in-game. It could easily tie in with his BG2 epilogue where he and Boo basically wandered off into legend in a tale reminiscent of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox.
    Since he is natively from Rashemen, a place ruled by the Rashemeii Masked Witches: If it were up to me, as a DM in my own Campaign, to come up with a reason on the spot for his longevity, it would be that he has fallen under grace by one of the Masked Witches who has blessed him with longevity.

Perhaps we'll get lore in game that reveals what happened after he returned to Rashemen.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Since he is natively from Rashemen, a place ruled by the Rashemeii Masked Witches: If it were up to me, as a DM in my own Campaign, to come up with a reason on the spot for his longevity, it would be that he has fallen under grace by one of the Masked Witches who has blessed him with longevity.

Perhaps we'll get lore in game that reveals what happened after he returned to Rashemen.

It needs some kind of in game explanation. Otherwise it's going to bug a lot of people. Me included and I'm not even a big lore guy in terms of needing it to enjoy the game.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Question: Will Artifact Gear be BiS in Module 6?

Yes, but the level and refinement required will be increased
    edited February 2015
    Per the Return of Minsc in the Current Comic he was turned into a statue and revived to the current time.
    I thought that was a Gargoyle of him that Minsc himself killed, recognizing it as the gargoyle it was.
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    As promised, here is a replay video for you to enjoy:

http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/c/6112634
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    akromatik wrote: »
    As promised, here is a replay video for you to enjoy:

http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/c/6112634

Mind making a post with just the bullet points, not everyone enjoys watching videos to get the information :)
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    slambit wrote: »
    Mind making a post with just the bullet points, not everyone enjoys watching videos to get the information :)

Yup, and especially the part with the new dungeon info, i didnt quite understood it.