test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Race(s)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• thelastdragon17thelastdragon17 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Aasimar... you have Tieflings, but not Aasimar... wth?? No evil deities, but you have the antagonist race w/o the protagonist race?
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    With the coming of the Chapter 6, Elemental Evil, the Genasi make the most sense as a new race.

Unfortunetly, yes.

Imo, would love to have shardmind, halfdead and Deva's would be nice option too. How would they solve multi elemental problem with Genasi (ehh probably like with thieflings huh? anybody saw halfling thiefling?) ?

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• bjanubjanu Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Warforged, i know it's more for Eberon setting but it's stated they can be created in Forgoten Realms too, which is proven by the fact that they are in monster manuals. I love the rp elements added by the artificial way of birth similar to shardminds (which i voted for).
  • xstarhammerxxstarhammerx Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As much as I'd love to play a minotaur, Gnomes really should be added first. It was a terrible idea (among many terrible ideas in 4th ed) to leave them off the player race list. Also, I'd pay real money to play a Bullywug. They were all over the place in the D&D cartoon from my childhood, and always underrepresented everywhere else.
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Shout out to my gnomies!!!
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There are apparently aquatic elves as rescuable NPCs now, so we need aquatic elves as a race, clearly. We don't have enough elves yet.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • zeleniadanteazeleniadantea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We do have a bit too much Elf Lineage, let alone Drow, in NW. I do think Shifter or Gnomes should have a chance, though. Can't wait to see how the votes do!
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Devas should be pretty easy to make, since they're basically purple humans with white eyes, no? =O
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Shardmind or Genasi is my choice. We have plently of rest. lets make something different )
  • toxicwolfietoxicwolfie Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Voted other.Not even sure what half of them are.Lycans would be fun.Though it really don't need to be limited to just wolves.Since it is an illness that can effect many things.And I know D&D don't list them as a race,but this isn't D&D,nor is this a table top game.So lets not be to quick to push the idea aside.

My only worry is they will shove more new races into lockboxes or booster packs.I understand that this game is a job and it needs to make money.But that seems a bit much.Wouldn't mind things like this in the zen shop as long as they could be sold on the AH though.
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am almost positive we will get Genesee this mod. If you read the notes for the Princes of the Apocalypse module for PnP they are getting it.

Princes of the Apocalypse is available on April 7, 2015 and includes an epic adventure for characters levels 1–15 as well as new elemental spells and the element-touched genasi as a new playable race.

http://dnd.wizards.com/elemental-evil

They will be delicious
    mD2E68gl.jpg
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I hope they will consider feyri in the future, as a really great, and steeped in forgotten realms lore, race.
  • skinlikewinterskinlikewinter Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I voted Genasi, only because it would make sense in regards to the new mod Elemental evil. Then again cryptic rarely does anything that makes sense, so any race is up for grabs.
    I show player support, by only playing Neverwinter as F2P
  • callofkutulucallofkutulu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yuck gnomes... they are only good for punting and using for sport.
  • quollquoll Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Voted Genasi, but some of the races mentioned in thread seem pretty interesting, like the half-dragon.

Personally, I think Cryptic has done elves to death as it is and I don't feel that another variant would add anything.

Gnomes don't really appeal to me b/c it feels like every fantasy MMO has some version of a gnome in it.

I like the idea of Minotaurs but they present problems. While i've never been into D&D enough to care about its lore, I think having Minotaurs flooding the Enclave would seem off from a lore standpoint.

Wilden look interesting but my guess is them becoming another no helmet race like the giant shellless turtles we have now.

I have problems with both Githyanki and Shardminds due to looks.

Devas could be interesting.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    I do agree with you for the sentiment, Quoll, on elves. However, I would still like to see them continue to add all the elven subraces at some point. For now though, I'd like to see many other races that we don't have as well as Dwarven subraces too.
  • amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hengeyokai. Because reasons.

In all seriousness though, I do get rather bored of the standard D&D options of playing as the human, the short human, the other short human, the tall human, the other tall human, the other other tall human, the tall black human, the human with pointy teeth...dragonborn and tieflings are more exotic and that's good. I definitely like more exotic races to break up the monotony.
  • codexiacodexia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited February 2015
    Aasimar would get my vote if it was in the poll, we already have Tieflings after all. Especially with Paladin coming they would be the perfect race for it.
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    codexia wrote: »
    Aasimar would get my vote if it was in the poll, we already have Tieflings after all. Especially with Paladin coming they would be the perfect race for it.

Devas are a type of Aasimar, aren't they?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    cococya wrote: »
    Devas are a type of Aasimar, aren't they?
    In 4th Edition, Aasimar were replaced by Deva. I am unsure what became of either in 5th edition, as I don't have the complete Monstrous Manual for 5th yet. The smaller version in the DM's Basic Rules doesn't have either listed however.
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    In 4th Edition, Aasimar were replaced by Deva. I am unsure what became of either in 5th edition, as I don't have the complete Monstrous Manual for 5th yet. The smaller version in the DM's Basic Rules doesn't have either listed however.

Good to know!
    It was my favorite and most desired race, hopefully we will see it added some time in the future (and not in the shop or a lockbox).
  • drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Voted for Gnomes cause it will fit with the lore and new campaign (fit with the lore) and also prob will have fast attack/casting + fast run perfect for HR/TR :P
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • atomicbastardatomicbastard Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i m sure "genasi" would be visually very nice, and good with the new module 6 context. this is my vote ! :)
    FaмФus Atoмic Munvar - PVP CW - " Légende Obscure " rank 7
    499007bannirelo.jpg
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would like everyone to be happy and receive the race they want, as long as it is lore appropriate and does not represent an imbalance. Things that were once handled by templates (including those erroneously assigned race status in 4e) that imposed a ECL or equivalent, should not be made available. I find it difficult to discern such things from attempts to achieve an advantage over others in terms of stats, abilities, and traits.

My hopes would be for a focus on Realms appropriate races found in lore first, and a focus on some of the less grating requests in the thread. So we need Gnomes, Genasi, Deva (need to counter-balance that Tiefling), Shifter, and perhaps enough palate availability and presets to cover human regional variations. Anything else is unnecessary.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    azlanfox wrote: »
    I would like everyone to be happy and receive the race they want, as long as it is lore appropriate and does not represent an imbalance. Things that were once handled by templates (including those erroneously assigned race status in 4e) that imposed a ECL or equivalent, should not be made available. I find it difficult to discern such things from attempts to achieve an advantage over others in terms of stats, abilities, and traits.

My hopes would be for a focus on Realms appropriate races found in lore first, and a focus on some of the less grating requests in the thread. So we need Gnomes, Genasi, Deva (need to counter-balance that Tiefling), Shifter, and perhaps enough palate availability and presets to cover human regional variations. Anything else is unnecessary.

As a follow-on to this, Shifters releasing alongside the Druid would be just about perfect.
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I dont understand the love for gnomes :P Maybe I played too much Kingdoms of Amalur tho :P
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • millsc14millsc14 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    voted Deva

don't like gnomes, the genasi is to diverse namely there are atkeast 8 of them, yes atkeast 8, the corrupted ones that were listed on the wotc webpage at some time.

the minotaur well...... I wont go there. but with modukle 6, the deva makes the most sense
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Gnome. Rounds out the races offered in the 5E Player's Handbook. While WotC Elemental Evil will release the Genasi race in print form, it's probably best to get all the basics before moving to more advanced races. Dragonborn are also a 5E PHB race, so Gnome would be the next logical one, but who says anything about logic...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ...while I'd be absolutely enthuse by Githyanki for the looks and feels of them, I absolutely don't believe they could be made playable without handing them the "I win""-button... ...or they'd lose their racial capabilities. So either way around, it'd be not what I'd want - apart from the looks, ofc.

So: "Glory to Garl Glittergold!!!"
  • burndburnd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lycanthrope with the ability to change to human form
This discussion has been closed.