test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How Important is a Greed Option to You?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    cybercyanidecybercyanide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited January 2015
    I agree with the Roll or Pass options. There really doesn't need to be any other choices.
  • Options
    dragosani84dragosani84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited January 2015
    5 on all three for me. I don't do many dungeon runs but I'm all for something that would solve so many problems. The main reason I don't do dungeon runs is because I don't care for being booted out of a group right at the end after all that hard work. Couple a greed button with no kick button and I'm good to go.
  • Options
    arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Its sad how the legit community has to come to the forums to see if they can force a change to greed all option. A lot of people is not interested in the greed all option. How many threats have been closed due to this. Now you start a poll (aka force poll - results) because most of the legit people is on the forums. A lot of people don't come to the forums, and a lot of people are not in favor of the all greed option. Stop trying to create scenarios where you creating false information for the Dev's to read.

Another you control this forum what can be seen and what cannot be seen, so basically you are creation false information in your own benefit by only leaving what you want in this threat and deleting what you don't like, in doing so you are basically lying what people are saying. So in true you left what you want, and delete what you don't like.

Admins should not runs polls like this one, because they have the admin rights to change and delete a threat so that it can come out the way the want. This is not fair in any aspect.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    arcanaxe wrote: »
    Its sad how the legit community has to come to the forums to see if they can force a change to greed all option

Why is it sad? I think its great that the new & casual players are starting to get it.
    arcanaxe wrote: »
    A lot of people is not interested in the greed all option.

Right, but it seems more people would prefer a greed all option
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Time is still an issue for me. I'll tally tonight for sure though. :)
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I can (and do) live without it, but it'd leave a lot of drama at the door on the occasions I do happen to PUG.

I'd *much* prefer an option where I could just set to "pass on <loot level and below>". I'll survive without green items and the occasional rank 4, but would still like to roll on blue+.
  • Options
    setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    PLOT TWIST!

How about a roll on class loot only option. Where if you are not the matching class for the loot, you don't even get an option to roll.
    23uvq8m.png
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented.

5 - It would save me a ton of uncertainty. I honestly don't know what is meant by "greed" runs - a lot of people have told me that means greed on everything but purples and enchants; how is that a 'greed'? It's all too confusing. Having a roll option to set for the group would be preferable.

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented.

No idea, so no answer. I don't run many dungeons, don't chat to many people, have no idea what 'many players' want, other than what I read on the forums.

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players.

5 - solve conflicts, kick requests, and confusion
  • Options
    actausactaus Member Posts: 64
    edited January 2015
    A) 5

B) 5

C) 5

Yeah.. it would be nice if you could setup the loot option before entering into a dungeon. I think, whenever a party leader changes the loot option, everyone has to agree on that before any changes are made. I bet majority of players run greed because they simply want AD. Some people in other hand really looking for specific gear. Same goes to new upcoming dungeons. Why would anyone choose a greed (bound to character) if you need that gear to complete your set. So... whenever you change the loot option, let everyone agree first. By the way, aren't there "looking for members" option in NW? if not, there should be.
  • Options
    cryolysis9cryolysis9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A. 5

b. 5

c. 5
  • Options
    ibench200ibench200 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A.5
    b.5
    c.5
  • Options
    jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. - 5

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. - 3

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. - 5
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A) 5
    B) 5
    C) 5

This is a great poll! Our community mods are the best :)

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. 5

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. 5

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. 5

I would go further: The TERMS Need and Greed should be done away with completely in favor of something more like Want / Pass
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    I hope the devs are reading this thread.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Tallies counted up to Post 136.

Percentages are still not updated.
  • Options
    xstarhammerxxstarhammerx Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. - 5

To be honest, I'm ranking B&C based predominantly on what I'm seeing in this thread. For myself, I'd love a Greed All option. Loot is nice to get, but I don't care about it that much, and the more I can push the acquisition of loot out of my immediate awareness while trying to have fun running a dungeon with others, the better. I liked how in STO I could just add a greed command into most of my attack/loot/interact keybinds so it would automatically select greed if that was going on, and I didn't have to bother myself with it. NW doesn't seem to be very keybind-friendly though, so I wish things like this were available in the options.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited January 2015

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. - 5

To be honest, I'm ranking B&C based predominantly on what I'm seeing in this thread. For myself, I'd love a Greed All option. Loot is nice to get, but I don't care about it that much, and the more I can push the acquisition of loot out of my immediate awareness while trying to have fun running a dungeon with others, the better. I liked how in STO I could just add a greed command into most of my attack/loot/interact keybinds so it would automatically select greed if that was going on, and I didn't have to bother myself with it. NW doesn't seem to be very keybind-friendly though, so I wish things like this were available in the options.

try
    /bind w "+powertrayexec 3 $$ Clickwindowbutton_2"
    /bind q "+powertrayexec 2 $$ Clickwindowbutton_2"
    and so on
  • Options
    xstarhammerxxstarhammerx Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    micky1p00 wrote: »
    try
    /bind w "+powertrayexec 3 $$ Clickwindowbutton_2"
    /bind q "+powertrayexec 2 $$ Clickwindowbutton_2"
    and so on
    Ahh, are we supposed to have that [space] between the commands and the $$'s? That would explain why none of my compound binds are working here if that's the case. Doesn't work that way on CO/STO.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    5/5/5

Each time I get someone going "Lets roll greed, k, guys?" my kneejerk reaction to it is that he's planning to scam the group by rolling Need at the very end.
    Definitely something I'd prefer. Although it'll probably mean the true death of actual gearing through runs, unless the chest at the end smiles upon you. =/
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    a - 5
    b - 4
    c - 5

I see no reason for the need-greed system, it is un-necessarily complex. In my personally opinion, there should just be loot or pass.

All 5 members are in the dungeon, working towards the end. All 5 should get an equal chance at the loot. There should be NO special options for any one person in the party.

the logic is sound...

really
  • Options
    kazaza71kazaza71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. 5

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. 5

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. 5
  • Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Hey guys,

Last week there was a really hot discussion over Greed Runs and what purpose they serve.

Greed Runs are more or less the standard runs by a large portion of the player base. This is because it guarantees a person at least a 20% chance at all loot drops if they desire to put their name in the hat for the item. It is a fair and simple way to distribute loot amongst players in the party.

However, greed runs currently rely on trust and cause a lot of frustration when that trust is broken or players do not understand what is expected in a greed run. As such it's been a common request to allow a Greed Only Loot Option to be implemented to resolve a lot of conflicts both intentional and unintentional amongst the player base.

This thread is not to discuss the merits of Greed Runs. This thread is only to express your desire or lack of desire for a Greed Only Loot Option. Anything else will be removed.

Please answer the following questions with a scale of 1-5 where 1 is "Do not Agree" and 5 is "Completely Agree":

A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented.

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented.

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players.

Again, please answer those three questions. Feel free to put low numbers. Just do not argue the merits of the system and simply stick to expressing your own opinion by answering those questions and perhaps a sentence or two. Do not argue or discredit another player's opinion.
    a 5
    b 3
    c 5
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    and i have ot have at least 10 characters so i love you all.
  • Options
    groznasowkagroznasowka Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    5/5/5

If friend needs some item party will pass on it, otherwise all go greed.
  • Options
    amazoncheesecakeamazoncheesecake Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    a. 5
    b.5
    c.5
  • Options
    tigerspawn1tigerspawn1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    a. 5
    b. 5
    c.5
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. - 3

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. - 3