Install Arc
Options

Artifact Equipment

124»

Comments

• Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can't contribute anything to WoW, but I can tell that there's a lot in between making BiS out of reach for the casual players and Tiamat.

Btw.: There have been tons of suggestions to introduce legendary skirmishes / dungeons that simply have a higher drop rate or more rewards in form of RP or whatever. So casual players could still get to BiS running "their" stuff, but the end-game crowd would be provided with some challenge, better rewards and reaching goals faster.

Speaking of end-game: NW badly needs one. PVP is considered dead and PVE is a skilless joke.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    They are deleting portals as assets from foundries so everyone will sit on the same boat now.
    There will be less reasons to complain if the 90 percent. Of in game population is going to be a have not.

the problem is that many ppl upgraded at 10k/stack of peridots, and some have to upgrade at 130k+
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    the problem is that many ppl upgraded at 10k/stack of peridots, and some have to upgrade at 130k+

It s a fake problem if everyone now have to upgrade to lv 80 at 200k/stack.
    The very first green weapon at lv 61 is already better than a full refined artifact
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Earning something like a Legendary Mainhand or Offhand for an average to casual player is simply not possible it WoW.

And it was terrible.

that was awesome, not like here where you can just flat out buy BiS item with just hitting level 60 and having enough money/ad to waste
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    It s a fake problem if everyone now have to upgrade to lv 80 at 200k/stack.
    The very first green weapon at lv 61 is already better than a full refined artifact

The artifact gear will be reworked. It's pretty much a lock that it will still be BiS at lvl 80.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    ogarious wrote: »
    Well, if it's good enough for the US government, it's good enough for Neverwinter. Time to get the devs to put in a unbinding cost on items.... :P (See what I did there. I'm gonna go over here and stand and be all proud of myself and stuff.)
    I was also standing proud hoping someone would catch that! *stands a little taller than before*
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    that was awesome, not like here where you can just flat out buy BiS item with just hitting level 60 and having enough money/ad to waste

is noone;s fault if you are poor or not smart enough, why do you care if one can buy his way into the game?! isnt that the idea behind a f2p?!... They plan something that would make many lose a serious investment, in a very short time, if those kind of people leave this game dies: do you grasp the concept?!
    Should they clear that thing fast and without any kind of doubt? ofc they should, but their communication is so bad that is hilarious...

i do find your comments extremely inflamatory regarding this issue so i have to say this again: Someone else's money is not your business!!!
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015

No, you can't. The artifact weapons and off-hands are gated behind content. Even if you buy all of the dragon relics in the AH, you still need to do some questing to unlock campaign tasks.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Who cares? I don't. If it's so important for you to see orange borders around your pixels that you're going to drop hundreds or thousands of dollars to buy that, fine. But it doesn't mean anything. All it shows it that you know how to use your credit card.

And it defeats the purpose of the game. Which is to play it. And enjoy it. And feel accomplished when you do EARN something.

Like you said, it's a waste. And it's pretty much irrelevant to the conversation, because no one is sitting in PE bragging about how awesome they are because they BOUGHT all their gear.

No one respects that and no one cares.

But the salient point to the argument is that Legendary status IS attainable by anyone, given enough time. In WoW, it's absolutely impossible for a casual player to earn a relevant Legendary item. WoW is a bad example to look at because of this. Impossible is impossible.

The discussion that's relevant to Neverwinter is HOW FUN is that process. How compelling is it? And how is it RETAINING customers, instead of driving them away? Because I know at this point, one of the biggest complaints from existing players is how overwhelmingly grindy the process feels, and how (while attainable), it's just not FUN. Which should be one's number one reason for playing a game, a recreational activity...because it's FUN!
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    technically you just need to grind dailies for mod4 weapon, you can buy favors for AD, also refining can be bough with only zen/ad

i dont mind game being profitable, i just mind the boring concept of artifact equipment

I think that there is a significant consensus of players who agree that the refining interface is clunky, painful to use, and needs to be re-worked to make it more player friendly and efficient.

For the Mod 4 weapon you have to do a number of specific faction quests to unlock tiers, which will include doing dailies and weeklies. In any event, you still can't buy them but have to play to get them.

• Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm pretty sure we'll see a few tweaks to the refining system for Mod 6. Unlike many folk, I don't think it needs huge changes to make it significantly better.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure we'll see a few tweaks to the refining system for Mod 6. Unlike many folk, I don't think it needs huge changes to make it significantly better.

I would like to be at least "pretty sure," but since there has yet to be any form of comment to that effect from the Devs I am not expecting anything. Which is too bad, since it could be a lot more player friendly than it is.

• Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am torn between whether the additional levels to artifact gear is a good thing or a bad thing. I am not at all discussing artifacts, but artifact gear.

Why It might Be a Good Thing
    1. Because all my hard work to gain the gear and to level the gear can continue. In other words, the devs give a nod to the fact that players have put time into the gear
    2. The additional levels to artifacts gear were advertised by developers as 'items that you will hold onto for a long time.' So, of all the gear that can translate over between Neverwinter 1.0 (pre mod 6) and Neverwinter 2.0 (mod 6-?), it seems to be in the spirit of advertising integrity that artifact gear is one of those class of items.

Why It Might Be a Bad Thing
    1. Well, I guess it depends on how the 20 levels are added and how artifact gear is classified in mod 6. Currently, without the next patch, all artifact gear is listed as an item level 60. This affects the new GL rating (gear level). Gear Level qualifies you for dungeons, not yet tested, but announced. So, in order to qualify for a dungeon, I would have to refine the artifact gear up to a point to where I qualify. So, lets say level 60-61 artifact gear is 350k rp. That means to raise up my GL rating by 0.4 points, I would need to level all 4 artifact pieces up 1 level, or 1.4Mil rp. Or, I could go kill a few baddies, take the green/blue gear and instantly get GL 74-75 (because gear drops are classified in new area as item level 90 or more). So, it all depends on how artifact gear is classified initially.

2. Also, it also depends on how current artifact gear (gained in level 60 content) will compare to possible end game (lvl 70) gear that may or may not require refining to increase. Would end game gear, such as a level 70 artifact weapon, have more levels? be a higher classified item? If so, then continuing to refine the lower artifact gear would lose purpose. One could rather save rp for the level 70 gear that might be classifed better and just level up.

So, it all depends on how the developers reveal the plans for artifact gear. Simply stating that artifact gear will gain another 20 levels is not sufficient for me to consider what to do in the next module.

Cheers!
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    graalx3 wrote: »
    We have already stated that your current artifact equipment will be getting a buff. I have done the main-hands and off-hands and you will see them next patch.

Now my question is definitely answered. Thank you!

The question if the upgraded artifact gear will be BIS is obsolete.
    Why should anybody invest RP if not?

The item level? They will find a way. When it is BIS it has to influence the AIL according to its power. Whe item level defines the AIL... and it does... it has to be increased. Perhaps each 2 levels beyond 60 have the "feature" to increase the item level by 1 and you can only upgrade to the next when you increase your character level. So the progress balance from level 60 to 70 content .. is done too.

I am curious about what the changes will be... the green drops on preview made me speechless :)

The artifact equipment is the NEWEST equip! I am running around with an Avatar of War since release... Ohh yes I am ready to give it away for something new/better (4 items). There are new shirts and pants to craft... I wear mine since release, they stink and are rusted through (2 items). The rings will be replaced (Jewelery 25 or new drops, 2 items). I like. Everybody is wearing this +250 power ring and perhaps the HP one for PvP. I suggest to limit Jewelery to enhancements for existing items or increase/balance the selection. The reinforcement of T2 set bracers... this was nice. How sad/lazy that the devs never included the other sets. My off-hand/cloak have seen a stupid dragon godess and unbalanced PvP over and over again. Nothing more. Roll stats? A dotzen different buffs for passive powers in my off-hand. I tried only 20% yet... And now I shall trash them? No! 8 slots to refill and in addition we can dump (<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> million) AD in companions, rank 120 artifacts, rank 12 enchantments and soon in housing. I am glad not everything looses its value. Dont compare NW with WoW... (no justification) ...

//Bellistor
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ortzhy wrote: »
    Someone else's money is not your business!!!

It is when the payment of said money starts to create systems that are the root cause of structural problems in the game that will kill the game.