test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Artifact Equipment

b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
Hi,

the "Artifacts" receive an upgrade to level 120. Okay. Let´s see how much RP are needed and which new RP sources enter the system.

I have the question: What will the existing "Artifact Equipment" become. Wepon, off-hand, belt and neck.

a) No change. New items make the existing items useless and we have to refine new artifact gear.
b) Cap raise to 70 with new power at 70? For this 4 slots the existing equipment remains BIS.

Was there information on the preview server?
Any words from a dev?

//Bellistor
Post edited by b3llist0r on

Comments

• Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    c) Maximal Rank of existings Artifacts Equipments will be 80 instead of 60, and they still Level 60 items. And new level 70 items will appear, so, maybe new artifacts Equipments for level 70 players, with a maximal rank of 80.
  • Options
    b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Level 60 .. sure.. an item from a lvl60 campagin should be useable by lvl 60 players...

Thanks a lot for the link!

//Bellistor
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    b3llist0r wrote: »
    Hi,

the "Artifacts" receive an upgrade to level 120. Okay. Let´s see how much RP are needed and which new RP sources enter the system.

//Bellistor

Well if they dint increased the rp from lv 99 to is 187k rp so 20 lv 187*20=3740000
    arti gear over 6mil rp for the next 20 lvs.
    That or they need to rework the artifacts entire rp table.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mirlegris wrote: »
    c) Maximal Rank of existings Artifacts Equipments will be 80 instead of 60, and they still Level 60 items. And new level 70 items will appear, so, maybe new artifacts Equipments for level 70 players, with a maximal rank of 80.

Didn't the patch notes say that the max level would be 120?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited January 2015
    Artifacts will be able to increase in rank to 120. Artifact Equipment will most likely see a possible raise of 20 ranks also, making them go to 80. I have just started on updating artifacts so these new ranks won't be available right now.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    can you make a special case , where you can drag and drop a x99 stack on at refining? cuz dragin and droping alot of RP takes alot of time. this would help alot, not spending the time on refining everyday.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    so is the point of mod 6 to refine our artifact gear some more? I don't think that will be very fun or alt friendly to be honest
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Artifacts will be able to increase in rank to 120. Artifact Equipment will most likely see a possible raise of 20 ranks also, making them go to 80. I have just started on updating artifacts so these new ranks won't be available right now.

atm green items from the new zone are equivalent to my legendary items, how are you guys going to fix it?! cause they had such a short life time that noone sane will ever put money into them again...
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ortzhy wrote: »
    atm green items from the new zone are equivalent to my legendary items, how are you guys going to fix it?! cause they had such a short life time that noone sane will ever put money into them again...

No one should have paid to begin with. The nature of mmo's is that within 2 mods gear is usually obsolete. Neverwinter was bizarrely different in that t2 gear has been bis for so long. This replacement is normal and much welcomed.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    No one should have paid to begin with. The nature of mmo's is that within 2 mods gear is usually obsolete. Neverwinter was bizarrely different in that t2 gear has been bis for so long. This replacement is normal and much welcomed.

hmmm.... this is flaming!

i only want to remind you that is only 1 mod, normal artifacts will still carry some value while artifact equipment will not...

i do suggest that they should scale with lvl from 60 to 70 and remain on the same lvl of relative power
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015

no, just no, please no NONONONONONONONO

its almost impossible for most ppl to get even lvl 60 artifact, the price in rp is insane, and whats the point of having a new level cap and new expansion if half of your gear stays exactly the same ?

the point of new content is getting new and better gear, not cause physical damage to your arm dropping rp on lazily designed items.

ppl who upgraded them very well knew that they will be useless in a mod or 2, they got to play with BiS stuff enough, why increase their levels?

just forget the darn artifacts, its stupid design and there never should have been more than 1 or 2 artifact equipment items in game... EVER

If you improve artifacts just improve existing legendary to be a bit below BiS

slamming your hand in a drawer is much nicer experience than upgrading artifacts
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited January 2015

It seems that those defending the rp system saying that it's meant to take time to max out have their arguments completely invalidated now. I feel bad for the ones who spent many hundreds if not thousands on BiS gear. New gear should be better at the high end, but not with the huge investment put into getting legendaries being the same or weaker as gear just handed to you as soon as you enter the new zone.

Moral of the story seems to be not to invest too much into this game as it can easily be invalidated. People could have been away since mod 1 and be on par with people that played an extra year.

I did test the legendary companions which say gives you 15% of the pets stats as an active bonus, which seems to lead you to believe that you can have 5 pets giving you stats, but it didn't seem to be properly functional. It might be something to worry about.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Hah if that kick in the behind goes LIVE, I'll just roll a Pala and become a truly free player. No more support for a company that does not support me back
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    emilemo wrote: »
    Hah if that kick in the behind goes LIVE, I'll just roll a Pala and become a truly free player. No more support for a company that does not support me back

I'm leaning towards this myself. I love my GF and to a lesser extent my GWF, but I am close to throwing the towel in with regards to trying to keep pace with gearflation. And not just gearflation, but also the changes to regen, which may be a death blow to a PVP GF.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I haven't paid anything, yet the amount of time artifact gear has been viable, after it being tooted as topnotch gear, is ridiculous, if you take into account how much effort they require. If they made it redundant after only a few months there would be no point in anyone ever getting anything labeled as artifact.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    if they decide to throw away my hard worked artifact gears that will easily be my break point.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    then don play mmorpg if you dont want new gear be better :D despite all the work i put in my legendary weapon ill be happy to see it go, and everybody who follows neverwinter news knew thet they will increase level cap quite some time ago, it was just the question if it will be mod 6 or 7

and as i see artifact equipment - they were a tool to clean up economy before new mod, there were a ton of exploited stuff in the market, now most of that stuff is inside legendary artifacts, clean slate

look at mods 0~5 as 1 big mod, and mod6 as beginning of a new larger section
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    then don play mmorpg if you dont want new gear be better :D despite all the work i put in my legendary weapon ill be happy to see it go, and everybody who follows neverwinter news knew thet they will increase level cap quite some time ago, it was just the question if it will be mod 6 or 7

and as i see artifact equipment - they were a tool to clean up economy before new mod, there were a ton of exploited stuff in the market, now most of that stuff is inside legendary artifacts, clean slate

Except this mod isn't that large nor does it bring too many new aspects.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    snip

i think you are in a shock state and you still need some recovery time...

we had 0 return value out of it since pvp was in such a bad state while pve only resumed to beating tiamat for 200 times and gain nothing out of it !!!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    i think you are in a shock state and you still need some recovery time...

we had 0 return value out of it since pvp was in such a bad state while pve only resumed to beating tiamat for 200 times and gain nothing out of it !!!

i dont really care about it, i wanted legendary and made legendary :D i think i did 1~2 pvp matches with it, some 20 tiamats and 10~30 SoT/LoL + a WoD daily quests, thats it
    cococya wrote: »
    Except this mod isn't that large nor does it bring too many new aspects.
    this megamod includes everything til next level cap, - lvl cap is megamod and modules are kind of submods

lvl 60 mod
    shar
    dread ring
    IWD
    tyranny of dailies
    WoD
    lvl 70 mod
    mod6
    mod7
    modX
    lvl 80 mod :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    well it seems DT set was updated on collection page with new stats, i think is safe to assume that artifact gear will get updated as well, would be nice tho if devs could clear that up...
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Well i didnt exploited i feel cheated nothing more nothing less.
    Other mmo does not require you to have 600 dollars worth every single item to be bis.
    However they are free to do what they want, i m free to decide if i m ok with being cheated or keep going.
    For now this lv cap increase thing is not of my liking. Recycling zones again is not of my liking. New feats thing is not of my liking. Lets see what they end up with.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    To compare - lvl 70 green GWF sword has 221 more damage than legendary artifact sword
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    To compare - lvl 70 green GWF sword has 221 more damage than legendary artifact sword

Where to get lvl70 stuff?
  • Options
    drakefrienddrakefriend Member Posts: 56
    edited January 2015
    The very first mission you are given by Sgt Knox gives you a green weapon that is on par with an orange gear artifact maxed out.

So, well... I guess I learned the lesson : never spend any money again on this game. If I want something and I can't afford it, I'll just wait for a few months and I'll get it dirt cheap because, by then, it will have been outdated. I don't mind wearing outdated stuff.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    loboguild wrote: »
    Where to get lvl70 stuff?

im lvl 70 and got it from low lvl HE
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited January 2015
    We have already stated that your current artifact equipment will be getting a buff. I have done the main-hands and off-hands and you will see them next patch.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    We have already stated that your current artifact equipment will be getting a buff. I have done the main-hands and off-hands and you will see them next patch.

so we dont get any new gear, just the same old boring hand injury causing artifacts as BiS for 2 years like t2 sets before ?

i really hope artifact equipment wont be BiS
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Neat, thanks. I don't think I had seen that posted yet.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.