What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 6 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    itstheyokitstheyok Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2015

TR: I'm in your node stealing your cookies!!
    Paladin: DIVINE SMITE!

you sir, have won the internet :)
    love it!
  • Options
    etnad321etnad321 Banned Users Posts: 52
    edited January 2015
    the only solution to not make our current artis obselte with lv 70 cap would be to make them lvl up together with character.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    etnad321 wrote: »
    the only solution to not make our current artis obselte with lv 70 cap would be to make them lvl up together with character.

Or did you ever notice the lvl of artifacts is 60? Same as the current cap? Maybe they will let us bump them up to 70, who knows....

I too REALLY hope they dont make these obsolete, but only an alternative to hopefully some powerful gear for lvl 70.

Sounds like well get a new dungeon too. Hopefully more like CN/MC than anything else though.

They need to put this stuff on test!!!!!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm curious as to how the Paladin's mechanics will play out - since the image showed a shield, I'm assuming that they won't have a dodge. I'm also curious if they'll get 2 generic attacks to use while blocking, like GFs. I wonder if they'll then be the first class to share offhands with another. For the main-hands, I could see them going maces, (though there are some GF main-hands that are maces already). I just hope that they are different enough to distinguish them from GFs, (other than being GFs with better buff powers).

As for the level cap increase - I'm kind of n the fence about that - could one simply run their dailies to level up? I suppose we better get our post-60 advancement bonuses in before this new module, as it'll probably take longer to get them afterward...

Still, new module - yay!

EDIT: They could just add an "Epic+" version of all dungeons and skirmishes, and just place higher level enemies in there, (with appropriately improved version of the other gear).

Or they could just allow all level 60+ gear to be refined.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just realized the 70 level cap solves a lot of power creep problems.

It allows Cryptic to also raise the NPC level cap to 70 (immediately following mod 6) so that they can resurrect all of these dungeons that are far too easy for level 60 PC's. Level 60 PC's on the other hand will be grinding for weeks (I doubt months) to reach 70.

Gear can be brought back in line - as level 70 dropped gear wont be BIS - meaning NPC's will retain that difference of difficulty longer. Because newer players will find 70 gear easier to obtain and I assume the refinement problem continues - AH prices on gear will rise to accomadate the "have it now" crowd. (im thinking level 70 dropped gear stats will be around blue level artifact stats).

This also gives Cryptic 6 more options (assuming 3 powers every 5 levels) to "re-balance" the end-game classes.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    I really dont understand this lvl cap raise, wont solve a thing:

- Foundry is still unusable,
    - PvP is pretty much dead after last balance patch
    - All previous pve content is dead
    - Enchants, artifacts and such will get outdated (weapon/armor are outdated by at least one year)
    - Many class encounters/interactions are in a dire need of fixing

You want to reset the game but without fixing it?! What is the reason for this?!
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ortzhy wrote: »

You want to reset the game but without fixing it?! What is the reason for this?!

I'm hoping the goal is to fix it by resetting it.
  • Options
    dakburdakbur Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Those of you that want bug fixes before new content need to realize, all the bugs will NEVER go away entirely... if they tried that approach, no one would be playing by the time they finished...

Level cap increase & gear:
    Lev 70 is a very, very good idea, because it will dramatically narrow the gap between BiS and the have-nots, increasing new player incentive to start/continue playing...

Level 70 greens ~= lev 60 purples without set bonuses
    Level 70 blues ~= just below current artifact gear
    level 70 purples ~= just above current artifact gear

They want to keep the carrot just out of reach. I wouldn't be surprised if they launch without new artifact gear (notice they weren't mentioned in the press release), but make the new epics slightly better than current. If they follow this approach, I would expect to see strongholds and new artifact gear launch shortly after (~8 weeks), once all the new epics have been attained. But who knows, there could be new arti gear at launch... depends on developer vision and build workload.

Current artifact equip will NOT level with your character, so keep dreaming... This is a free to play game, they need NEW money coming in to keep the lights on, this is done with AD sinks... They didn't mention it, but I wouldn't be shocked by new enchant ranks maybe up to 15, but with lev 60 level requirement? The enchants and new artifacts will be the AD sink during this time since I suspect they won't add a new set of artifact equipment immediately.

They will NOT require boon completion to go beyond level 60, because this will further discourage new players from even starting... The new hardcore will pay to unlock boons or go back and complete them after they ding 70.

Feats: Those of you that think they will allow us to put 10 new points in current paragon feats are crazy... they mention NEW feats & it took them the last 8 months to rework the existing classes to some degree of arguable balance... they don't want to risk upsetting that again... they will almost certainly add some new heroic feats or create a 2nd heroic type tree... this an easy way to add the new feats with minimal impact. It just increases overall stats and abilities a bit without throwing the whole thing out of whack...

Powers: I suspect they will add a new 3rd passive we can slot., but it may simply be new choices... This isn't WoW with hundreds of developers as much as we wish it would be...

Content:
    There will be 1 new zone and 1 new dungeon to complete our new purple sets. They will probably carve out some new areas in 1 or 2 existing zones to help level up to 70 outside the new zone

They will probably buff some of the old dungeons for some extra "new" dungeon content.

Pally: Meh... Nobody wants to play DC or GF as it is... maybe this one will get some adoption...
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I say ***-- the haters and have an open mind. This game has evolved fantastically so far and I have played since beta. Im stoked about paladin and especially about new story content. Level cap was inevitable and I really believe it will balance out a lot of things and add new coolness. Cryptic has been really good about class fixes and balances so far, so im optimistic. (this coming from a person that plays and enjoys all the classes.)

P.S. Not a fanboy either, I really hated most of IWD, finished it on one toon and will never go back. Pretty zone but I didnt think the pvp/pve mashup was implemented well.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I was sort of hoping that at some point they'd get round to fixing issues with the generally useless Companions we currently have, with an increase in level cap I don't see that happening anytime soon.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    dakbur wrote: »

Pally: Meh... Nobody wants to play DC or GF as it is... maybe this one will get some adoption...

DC gets played now. No one wanted to play it before when it had no dps and therefore no point. No one wants to play GF right now because it has no dps and therefore no point. As long as they give pallies competitive dps (within 10% of a SW for example, a little lower because they'll be a little tankier) things will be fine with the class. The problem with DC's for a while ad GF's currently was the lack of dps in a game where all that matters is dps.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I honestly couldn't care less about the artifact gear. All that new jewelry I made with Jewelcrafting, however...
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Don't be ridiculous. The screenshot clearly shows the paladin an altogether different....yeah, pretty much. But with both GF and DC powers! :)

Let's wait and see how it is implemented.

wheres the pics?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I honestly couldn't care less about the artifact gear. All that new jewelry I made with Jewelcrafting, however...

Well hopefully there will be new recipes in all the profs for the new cap. That's kind of a standard part of raising a cap in mmo's is that crafting gains new recipes.
  • Options
    dakburdakbur Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Well hopefully there will be new recipes in all the profs for the new cap. That's kind of a standard part of raising a cap in mmo's is that crafting gains new recipes.

Too much work with all the other things they need to build for mod 6.

Professions will get some love this summer or fall.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I still hope one will be able to lvl up any r60 item by using his expiernece (so it will be lvling with u as u play).

But well, i also was hoping we will get Bard first, keep destroying my dreams guis.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dave49424 wrote: »
    So can we now expect that Companions/Augments will scale up to level 35 (possibly Legendary status)? Would hate to imagine the AD cost associated with upgrading the companions to that level (Guessing 1.2 mil AD range)

*Sad panda* I didn't think about the possible ramifications for companion upgrading.
  • Options
    laderlader Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I really like the news that is comming...
    In the beggining I not agree with only permit the new players to access the Mod 6 things after just x boons.
    Thinking more about this, i've to agreed the ideia, for the "S*#T explosion of new thing" after you reach level 60.
    One friend of mine start playing and achieve lv60 this week, and i'm and others friends spend a lot of time explain the "end game content" of Never to her. But maybe 10~15 boons it's too hardcore. Why not access Icewind Dale, or the Dwarven Valley? I think to get at this point the player have adquired a "lot" of knowledge of the game, in general.
    The new class seems to be nice.
    A lot of people are complaining about the Druid, but SW was the last class. Don't seen the game need another ranged/"mage" class.
    Maybe the next class will be something more DPS, like Monk.
    What i've really like was the level cap.
    Just need more oficial info about this, but what i really want is something to difference more the Paragons of each class.
    I know this can make the game more unbalanced, but seen right path for me.
    I was hopping the 3th Paragon path, bur they have "slottable class feature powers". Just need time to see what they ill say about this (i love CW and was wibdering what a Arcane-Based Paragon can make).
    We have a lot of blind info to explore. This is nice (to just think about the news) and bad (don't know that is really comming).
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    lader wrote: »
    A lot of people are complaining about the Druid, but SW was the last class. Don't seen the game need another ranged/"mage" class.
    Maybe the next class will be something more DPS, like Monk.

I want to clear something up. People didn't want druids because they wanted a ranged dps class. They wanted druids because they wanted a shapeshifter with some access to spells.
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Well, I'm hoping they add in new gear drops across the board, while keeping the Artifact Gear BiS (but not to the extent that it is now). You still have the armor pieces (head/chest/boots/gloves), rings and pants/shirts to equip. Hopefully the new dungeons will drop new sets that make the T1/T2 stuff 100% obsolete, and it helps everyone get geared back up to around the same level.

I wouldn't think that the Artifact Gear is going to be made to be totally obsolete.

I was also thinking that all along, and seriously hope that's right.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The current grindfest for RP is already too much. Now add to that the eternal level cap increase that you see in "that other game" and the accompanying gear grind. Yech.

Edit: Just saw the announcement. Sigh...
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    They wanted druids because they wanted a shapeshifter with some access to spells.

I so wanted this, the shapeshifting aspect. If it was just some class that only threw around nature spells, I would of been highly disappointed.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    laderlader Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Don't knew that was this that make the Druid class so desired :P
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The current grindfest for RP is already too much. Now add to that the eternal level cap increase that you see in "that other game" and the accompanying gear grind. Yech.

Edit: Just saw the announcement. Sigh...

It has not been announced that they will continue with artifact gear. For all we know, they may have realized it was a mistake and dump it at level 60. I welcome the level cap increase. It will wipe the board clean and balance the game stat wise if they do it correctly.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    drakefrienddrakefriend Member Posts: 56
    edited January 2015
    I've been playing NW for 18 months and invested lots of time/money (which are basically the same thing) and efforts, to get my character to where it is now.
    I only play PvE.

- I don't mind a new class being added : I won't create a new character to redo all the chores I've already done (hello, Sharandar...)
    - I don't mind guild housing : I'm not in a guild (I'm not a fan of drama)

I do mind about a change that would make all my previous investment obsolete and compel me to do it all over again. Not only because it's a waste of what I have done so far but, more importantly, because once it has happened, you know that it can happen again in the future. So where is the sense of achievement ?
    What will be my incentive to spend money on something that will become useless in a few months ?
    If all you have painstakingly built in months is now made obsolete by a standard blue drop, what reason do I have to even bother keeping pace ?

I have stayed in NW so far because you could build something stable and worthy. You could slowly build up things, a new artifact at a time, and that was perfect for me.
    All I wish is that it keeps on like this : a new set of armour with just a little more stats from time to time, a new artifacted item from time to time, that's exactly what I want.
    Building your character up, that's what this game offers that none offers AFAIK. I hope it stays that way, because I have been through the "level race" before, and I quit those games : when I spend money and time on something, I want to build something worhty of them.

This being said, I hope that "new quests" will be new storyline quests, and not "new zone = new dailies". This, I would be quite excited about.
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    why u are all happy for this????

70 lvl means ours legendary artifacts equipment go to trash...

This idea is ridiculous i play this game time for time days for days to make my artifact all legendary and now lvl cap is 70???????????????

i dont care for new class, fix the existing classes with balance and after go out a new class...

Plz dont to that or make ours artifact automaticaly 70 lvl.

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So, will we have to pay 2 zillion AD to advance our companions to level 35? Sincerely hope they give free upgrades for already maxed out companions.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Will mod 6 finally increase the number of inactive companions we can have?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It amazed me that people actually thought that their BiS equipment would stay like that forever, have you ever played an MMO before?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.