test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 6 Discussion Thread

mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Wonder what the fallout will be for all of the refined items (Main/Off/Neck/Waist)?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9062673
Post edited by mystagogue on

Comments

• hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited January 2015

At last some details..... :)

Level cap increase to 70....

Paladin confirmed
    edited January 2015
    ^^
    You were faster!!! :):)
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Raising the level cap has solved precisely zero problems in the history of MMOs.

Still, will be nice to have Paladins.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hum Next class Paladin, I was sure it would have Druid.:eek:
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Let's hope at least they can fix some of the powercreep so far, new equipment and tougher enemies and bosses could help.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Agree - it will be nice to have new goals for existing characters and yes, the Paladin addition is welcome. I'm just concerned with how the refined gear will be handled. I'm not dropping another point on one until we get some clarification.
    edited January 2015
    awesome news! I can't wait to know more about it!
    a new class is great news, also love the level 70 new cap, let's hope it helps fixing the PVE mess we have now...
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited January 2015
    Paladin down! Yay :)

Now I'm hoping Druid, Monk and Bard will eventually make the cut as well.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Looks neat on the surface, excited to have new content and options. Very excited about Paladins. Reserving judgment until we know more and see a lot more.

Level cap increase could be a good thing, if nothing else it changes the dynamic (temporarily) between the haves and have-nots. That it means that legendary level 60 gear is no longer going to be BiS can go either way, but it is going to anger a great many people who spent a great deal of time and/or money to max those items out. I rather expect that gear is going to be quite good even with the level cap raise, it will probably means that you could have a 25K GS player kitted out with maxed artifacts alongside a 25K GS player wearing level 70 blues and purples.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited January 2015
    Yea...i agree.paladin concept is close to buffbot specced GF .While druid would require more work i think.Shifting ,weapons...

I really hope since Paladin is released,time to make a Gf more dps or more tank.Or both.The new buffbot leader will clearly be paladin from now on.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    FYI, Princes of the Apocalypse is due to drop March 17th. So we might have Mod 6 launching then also.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I should have guessed that Elemental Evil would be next.

The development of Neverwinter now seems to follow the development of the D&D tabletop. Elemental Evil is the next adventure arc, featuring even more stuff they copied from other campaign settings and transported into the FR.
    edited January 2015
    My only problem with paladin is that I think it's too close to GF and DC, it's like just in between those two.
    but I'm glad we'll have a new class.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    I rather expect that gear is going to be quite good even with the level cap raise, it will probably means that you could have a 25K GS player kitted out with maxed artifacts alongside a 25K GS player wearing level 70 blues and purples.

This would be my expectation, too...maybe Legendaries are slightly better than the best that drops in the new content, but not by much. Then you can have better parity between players, and with that bring more challenging content out for everyone.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015

At last some details..... :)

Level cap increase to 70....

Paladin confirmed

increased level cap???
    and all the ***** artifact gears we paid for?
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    RIP GF?

/10char
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    increased level cap???

Well, you should have PLAYED for your gear, not paid for it. It's an MMO. Nothing stays BiS forever, not matter how hard it is to initially get.

I'm actually happy to see the level cap. Hopefully it will help rebalance the game at the top end, and give other players a chance to "catch up".
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited January 2015
    Like most (if not all) MMOs equipment gets obsolete when new expansions, I don't know what people were expecting.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Well, you should have PLAYED for your gear, not paid for it. It's an MMO. Nothing stays BiS forever, not matter how hard it is to initially get.

I'm actually happy to see the level cap. Hopefully it will help rebalance the game at the top end, and give other players a chance to "catch up".

ah ok thats the meaning.
    dont paid cuz you get scammed.
    at least we know now
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "On the horizon for after Module 6: Elemental Evil are modules with highly requested additions including player strongholds and well-known characters from Dungeons & Dragons lore."

It's gonna be a fun year. Glad I'm retired...I will be busy with this game. Thanks for continuing to provide us with things to do.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • pufy2010pufy2010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    new content...ok....im somehow happy

But not realy....I Do wish you guys first FIX EVERYTHING thats ATM now (laggs/broken class whatever. bugs)
    THEN SURE>.new..cool <3
  • obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i wonder which class wil be OP now.
  • cxyencxyen Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    is paladin a new class or a new gf paragon?
    edited January 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Like most (if not all) MMOs equipment gets obsolete when new expansions, I don't know what people were expecting.

Wholly agree, but you have to admit that's some awfully quick gear creep turnover time, especially on offhand.

I'm excited about new T1/T2 esque gear. Just the refined stuff (which I've played not paid for) that does lend some concern.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nice.

Though I'm not sure what the "unexpected" surprise is... I suppose it's that it's a Paladin, though we knew a new class was coming, knew there would be a level cap increase about this time (head about it during alpha/beta timeframe) and... hmmm. Nonetheless, it's all good.

Now let the flaming against Cryptic begin for (outdated artifact gear/wrong class released/no new PvPluv/WhenTheyGonnaFixThings/wotevar.) And I wonder if the "Player Stronghold" is going to be "player housing" or "Guild Housing" kindathing. Probably the latter, and will work like STO StarBases - they can be leveled-up and have their own merchants for specialized gear, etc.

Nice.
  • ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Paladin of course. They want to sell their XP boosters and Campaign unlocks.
    And I guess the instant Module 6 is released no one will be doing Tiamat any more.
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    increased level cap???

Unforunately friend....arti gear RIP.
    i cannot imagine how a level 60 item,as legendary and difficult to level as arti gear is...will remain relevant even to blue level 70 weapons.

Neverwinter reset.
    And they also metioned that they work to make strongholds but for next modules.It seems the current situation of NW put finally the devs in motion.(Although WoC are to blame with the super pressing time schedule they put in to the backs of a small company like Cryptic)
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Easy answer, the paladin because is "Oathbound Paladin" OP is OP.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
    edited January 2015
    Well, I'm hoping they add in new gear drops across the board, while keeping the Artifact Gear BiS (but not to the extent that it is now). You still have the armor pieces (head/chest/boots/gloves), rings and pants/shirts to equip. Hopefully the new dungeons will drop new sets that make the T1/T2 stuff 100% obsolete, and it helps everyone get geared back up to around the same level.

I wouldn't think that the Artifact Gear is going to be made to be totally obsolete.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Woohooo! More grinding, more AD to spend, more items to refine, same campaign&boss&dungeon mechanics.... WOHOOOOO!!!
    But seriously: they better come up with something good, otherwise all of this gonna be just "another grind" and mostly for PvP folks who want remain on par with others while PvE will be doing dungeons for fun since most items dropping will probably (and this is mine speculation only) be BoP.
    Make things player friendly Cryptic and PWE let them do it
This discussion has been closed.