Install Arc
Options

Mod 6 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    It amazed me that people actually thought that their BiS equipment would stay like that forever, have you ever played an MMO before?

I think it's because so many paid real money for it. Mixing in real money to it always causes rage.
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    I think it's because so many paid real money for it. Mixing in real money to it always causes rage.

That'll learn ya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    apocrs1980 wrote: »
    That'll learn ya.

Didn't say I did it. I've paid money for somethings, but never for gear.
  • Options
    hughwoatmeighhughwoatmeigh Banned Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015

TR: I'm in your node stealing your cookies!!
    Paladin: DIVINE SMITE!

i dont know a single thing about paladin

what is "Divine Smite" ?

also... TR will still rule PVP. just has to daze the paladin and use shocking.. game over :(
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Gear progression is an inevitability in MMOs. I have my gripes and problems with the current system of obtaining RP but, guys, we knew from the two AMAs that the level cap would eventually be going up.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    zebelllahzebelllah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    new gear level not a problem, you just have to increase its points and make refinement, but bringing new levelled gear is a different matter entirely. İf you want to make people clear dungeons or grind around for spesific equipment just put other slots to artifact gears other than just enchantments.let people adjust their weapon by adding new parts to them, and let them hunt for these parts.this way no one's gear becomes obsolete
    people mostly pay for coalescent ward to create enhancement enchantments or for mounts, enchantments can locate another equipment and pass between characters, mounts are same too, but if new enchantmets with greater power that will be terrible too, think about it how much ad is needed to create aperfect vorpal enchantment for example
    player home or stronghold (whatever) is a good idea i really liked it, purchasable guild areas is good too if it is true
    TR is the class live for the pvp , hunter rangers they made are already playing like assassins in pvp with many advantages, I hope they won't make the same mistake again with paladin
    whatever until its release mine is just empty words
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Does anyone remember when someone from cryptic called Arti gear not T3 but more like T9. I believe they will be relevant for a long time.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    I'm really excited for both the Oathbound Paladin (Paladin was my 2nd desired class, right behind the Druid and before the Bard), level cap increase, and Elemental Evil lore! Looking forward to all the new lore and content! I'm especially looking forward to guild housing post mod 6, and just hoping they forgot to mention Player Housing along with the Guild Housing mention. Thanks!
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Does anyone remember when someone from cryptic called Arti gear not T3 but more like T9. I believe they will be relevant for a long time.

No, but I agree with you.

Because RP is like the refine system found in every other f2p MMO (meaning its the system where you can dump thousands of irl $$ in an upgrade form). Typically in that system its useful for a long time if not till the game is dead. (why?, why would you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off the people that spent irl $$ on long term projects)
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Increasing the level cap will only complicate things even more for the worst. There are already too many problems to sort out. Last thing we need are more.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Increasing the level cap will only complicate things even more for the worst.

Again, though, we knew it was coming; heyrogers mentioned it in one of the last two AMAs. FWIW, D&D has leeway for an increase in levels (Epic Destiny path).
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So, will we have to pay 2 zillion AD to advance our companions to level 35? Sincerely hope they give free upgrades for already maxed out companions.

No one said this. We don't even know if there will be any change to Companions. Or artifacts. Or gear. Or *anything*. They may choose to only add new levels to everything, they may choose to revamp things, no one knows.

The rumor-mill is now officially in full swing.

What I am seeing here are a lot of "ZOMG WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!!" type comments. For example: I believe the GF will be just fine, the new OP will not be a Melee version of the Cleric. That would be just stupid. Love them or hate them, but give the Devs a little credit for creativity, at least.

No one said anything will become "obsolete", no one said all your hard work and much-spent AD and Zen will go to waste. It's all a bunch of unnecessary speculation. Fear-mongering to yourselves. The best bet is to just wait and see what is announced further, wait for Preview to start getting some of this stuff, and take it nice and slow as the new content and paradigms are released and official words are given. THEN complaint about what you *know* to be the case, rather than just reaching into the dark and predicting doom-and-gloom for that which you are only guessing at.

Until then people are just working-up a sweat for no reason at all. Sure, some things will be screwed-up and people are gonna hate. But at least wait to know what you're gonna hate on, rather just speculation-hate against something that doesn't even exist yet. Save your stress for when you'll want to really spend it.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Have been expecting a "brave new world" would be coming to wipe out most, if not all, of our wealth. No surprise here! Increase in level cap certainly means your gear and other stuff will be less relevant than it is now. Don't tell me you can keep most of their values since they will not be made totally irrelevant. Artifact gear did not make T3 totally irrelevant. Many players are still in T3 and doing fine but T3 has basically no value now. Ditto to values of T2 when T3 came... and the same to T1 when T2 came...

I am glad I did not buy any RP to waste on my artifact gear. In fact, I made 20 mil AD merchanting. Let's bring on the wipe! It won't hurt me much. Sorry to those who spent big bucks on the artifact gear and RP thingies though. ;)
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lol... a WEEK after I finish "T1: The Village of Hommlet" for Foundry, they announce ELEMENTAL EVIL as the next expansion.
    This is either very good for me (if they add enough assets for me to make the TOEE as a follow-up) or very bad (if they put in their own Village of Hommlet making mine irrelevant).

I'll be interested to see which way it goes.

By the way, for anyone wanting to try it, it's quest # NW-DBDB7A38M.

-- @Gruffydd
  • Options
    ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What I am seeing here are a lot of "ZOMG WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!!" type comments. For example: I believe the GF will be just fine, the new OP will not be a Melee version of the Cleric. That would be just stupid. Love them or hate them, but give the Devs a little credit for creativity, at least.

No one said anything will become "obsolete", no one said all your hard work and much-spent AD and Zen will go to waste. It's all a bunch of unnecessary speculation. Fear-mongering to yourselves. The best bet is to just wait and see what is announced further, wait for Preview to start getting some of this stuff, and take it nice and slow as the new content and paradigms are released and official words are given. THEN complaint about what you *know* to be the case, rather than just reaching into the dark and predicting doom-and-gloom for that which you are only guessing at.

Until then people are just working-up a sweat for no reason at all. Sure, some things will be screwed-up and people are gonna hate. But at least wait to know what you're gonna hate on, rather just speculation-hate against something that doesn't even exist yet. Save your stress for when you'll want to really spend it.

Ah sanity, like an oasis is the dessert but most welcome and very much agreed with.

Look at what was said about the ranger... that is would be just a rogue with a bow, look at what was said of the warlock, just another flavor of CW..... none of which proved true. One thing the devs have shown is that they are pretty good at making the classes pretty distinctive.

The Chicken littles need to calm down and stop shouting that the sky is falling until we actually see what they put in front of us!
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am very excited about this and I NEED more details so I can figure out how to prepare. I am thinking I should keep all refining stones and Astral Diamonds. Meaning, no spending of anything until I can see what we are going to get.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    oclosoclos Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lol... a WEEK after I finish "T1: The Village of Hommlet" for Foundry, they announce ELEMENTAL EVIL as the next expansion.
    This is either very good for me (if they add enough assets for me to make the TOEE as a follow-up) or very bad (if they put in their own Village of Hommlet making mine irrelevant).

I'll be interested to see which way it goes.

By the way, for anyone wanting to try it, it's quest # NW-DBDB7A38M.

-- @Gruffydd

Can't you edit it and add the materials they will include for the next Module even without having to make a follow-up mission? Asking cause I will asap deal with Foundry but didn't start yet.

And I have to congratulate Cryptic cause what I see so far, looks fantastic and steps toward the right direction, I'm excited!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    oclos wrote: »
    Can't you edit it and add the materials they will include for the next Module even without having to make a follow-up mission? Asking cause I will asap deal with Foundry but didn't start yet.

And I have to congratulate Cryptic cause what I see so far, looks fantastic and steps toward the right direction, I'm excited!
    That should be possible, unless the particular mission is Featured. If it is featured, he'd have to re-publish it as a normal mission, as Featured Missions cannot be taken down or edited by anyone but Cryptic.

To give insight, when a Mission is Featured, Cryptic makes a copy and features that copy, which becomes locked and un-editable by the Author. However, they may continue to update their original copy and update that one.
  • Options
    oclosoclos Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    That should be possible, unless the particular mission is Featured. If it is featured, he'd have to re-publish it as a normal mission, as Featured Missions cannot be taken down or edited by anyone but Cryptic.

To give insight, when a Mission is Featured, Cryptic makes a copy and features that copy, which becomes locked and un-editable by the Author. However, they may continue to update their original copy and update that one.

Interesting...good to know. Thanks! Hope I will be able to watch their next live to educate myself a bit more on this issue.
  • Options
    deadshadows86deadshadows86 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9062673

At last some details..... :)

Level cap increase to 70....

Paladin confirmed

Yeah GF will become totally useless now ... and DC would probably too ... Making 2 class go to waste (or go to a wait an update to become less useless (even if i can't think of anything a GF could do better than a paladin ... (Actually big gs GWF tank better than my GF so i'm already kind of useless so ...)))
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Well said Angry... beyond the name, level increase and new class, we know nothing realy on which to base these fears...

So, what shall we discuss then. How about those bears, no, not the chicago bears, those polar bears and their smelly feet...?

For a second there, I thought the title of the topic was Mod 6 Discussion.
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    So, what shall we discuss then. How about those bears, no, not the chicago bears, those polar bears and their smelly feet...?

For a second there, I thought the title of the topic was Mod 6 Discussion.

Yes but it's not time to break out the torches and pitchforks. The doom and rage is premature.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Yes but it's not time to break out the torches and pitchforks. The doom and rage is premature.

So, will we have to pay 2 zillion AD to advance our companions to level 35? Sincerely hope they give free upgrades for already maxed out companions.

Doesnt seem like too much rage from that comment.
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am very excited about this and I NEED more details so I can figure out how to prepare. I am thinking I should keep all refining stones and Astral Diamonds. Meaning, no spending of anything until I can see what we are going to get.

My plan too, a waiting game at this point. Make AD and wait for the new Mod.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah GF will become totally useless now ... and DC would probably too ... Making 2 class go to waste (or go to a wait an update to become less useless (even if i can't think of anything a GF could do better than a paladin ... (Actually big gs GWF tank better than my GF so i'm already kind of useless so ...)))

Oh I don't think DC will become totally useless now, especially with the Mod 5 rework. Righteous DC can compete with even better-geared CWs for DPS and paingiver.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    this :
    Chris Meyer ‏@CrypticGMC Jan 16

@Titanishu Now now, why spoil the surprise? And *technically* I have been working on two features for the last 3 months. So there is that.
    0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

i am 100% there will be no new gear for lvl 70.

this level 70 it will be just a story content + new feats (like heroics or paragon feats) and a new class feature.
    so in other matter of words
    its like you have a new campaign = 10 lvls and boons = new feats.
    the slottable class feature will be something new and hope it isn't broken.

this things might be common to each class. meaning we can chose the same things.

about paladin, GF and DC in the worst case paladin will be like a DC with astral shield.
This discussion has been closed.