test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 6 Discussion Thread

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So a 10 level cap rise.. so in essence that will render all current legendary gear obsolete? XD

Yeah collecting enough RP to level up a new bunch of lvl 70 legendarys is going to be such a huge amount of fun .....
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • wolfzzzzwolfzzzz Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    silence1x wrote: »
    You only remain the Top Dog for a short period of time. I am anxious to how the changes play out. I hope the Paladin isn't a cut/paste copy of the DC and GF combined. I'd rather they make it a paragon path of the GF but I guess it's better "press" for a new class. Buy up your relics now :)
    This part I am optimistic about. Even when a new class has significant overlap in it's role with an existing class (DC/Tempt SW, Fury SW/other DPS classes) the devs seem to have a history of giving it unique mechanics and playstyle.
  • gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As Gf player now I just pray, that it dont happen again. That nowbody wants GF because paladin supersede it. :/
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why would anyone think tht their current equipment would be BiS forever? when in the history of all MMOs has that ever worked?
    when people worked for their equipment they should ALWAYS do it knowing that it will eventually be obsolete.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Marvelous.
    edited January 2015
    I also think paladin is too close to GF and DC so I was expecting something a little more different like druid, but I'm glad we get a new class.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • manzillaprimemanzillaprime Member Posts: 49
    edited January 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Why would anyone think tht their current equipment would be BiS forever? when in the history of all MMOs has that ever worked?
    when people worked for their equipment they should ALWAYS do it knowing that it will eventually be obsolete.

That's all well and good when BiS gear dropped from dungeons, but when you have to create your gear via this horrible refining system, which them becomes obsolete when the level cap raises, that's an entirely different animal altogether.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    how did this get stickied?
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Bah lawful good fools. I want to eat paladins.

Paladins can now be of any alignment.
    Not that it matters in a game with no alignments... :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited January 2015
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Paladins can now be of any alignment.
    Not that it matters in a game with no alignments... :)

I reject that reality and substitute my own. They will always be lawful stupid to me.
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »

LOL, when I was chatting last night, someone said that they would use HV set at level 70 regardless because it was so effective. Tried to explain it to them but it was like talking to a wall /facepalm.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I need more details about the new gear and what happens to our current Artifacts. Until then, I grind to get refining stones and save my Astral Diamonds.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
    edited January 2015
    I'm thinking this is the wrong topic XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    just to know... what is the new unexpected thing? balance?
  • rarefactionrarefaction Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wolfzzzz wrote: »
    While I am all for having more challenging content, it seems like the sort of thing you describe here would demolish NWO's largely casual playerbase.

No offense but why should PWE be catering to casual players only? That is highly unfair don't you think? Anyone that thinks just their group of favored players deserve the most respect, attention and the game should function to just please them and suit them do not understand how that pretty much marginalizes all the rest. This game has the hardcore gamers, the casual players, the foundry lovers, the pvpers, the pvers, the roleplayers.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    LOL, when I was chatting last night, someone said that they would use HV set at level 70 regardless because it was so effective. Tried to explain it to them but it was like talking to a wall /facepalm.

I suppose that would depend on whether or not the new equipment will be similarly useful. A new set might have vastly superior stats but be less useful in group settings. That is why DC's keep using the HP set. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    All module 6 discussion has been merged into this thread. Please direct all concerns, questions, comments, and the like (within the boundaries of the RoC, of course) to this thread.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • agnaethaagnaetha Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'll roll with whatever happens with Mod 6 BUT...

Might the developers give some thought to a way that existing GFs or DCs might opt to BECOME Oathbound Paladins? To me the new level cap makes that possible where it would have been too difficult or unappealing w/o it.

Characters, like players, should be able to grow and change a bit over time to respond to new challenges. Why are we stuck with the concept that a DC was "rolled that way and will always be that way" no matter what?

The challenge of reworking a character usually happens anyway whenever they are rebalanced, why shouldn't a player be able to take an existing character and have the ability to rework "it" when new challenges appear rather than have run up (grind out) a completely new character?

I have put plenty of toons to bed after they were re-balanced and they just hang there on the character screen saying "so, what am I now, chopped liver?" I love each character I make, but they become stagnant when they cannot grow with the changes in the game.

Beost
    edited January 2015
    Chopped Liver would make an interesting character name.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    how did this get stickied?

Since the forum change some time back, the only threads we mods can move or otherwise moderate en masse are the stickies. So each thread discussing mod 6 had to be stickied, then merged.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • imabeast03imabeast03 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zacazu wrote: »
    just to know... what is the new unexpected thing? balance?

MMOs never find true balance... Give up on that.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »

Well, ya gotta admit. The HV set bonus is the second or third best set bonus in the entire game among all classes and all gear. (#1 is of course the T1 set High Prophet.) The new Lvl 70 gear would have to be really good in order to compare favorably to High Vizier.
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    I suppose that would depend on whether or not the new equipment will be similarly useful. A new set might have vastly superior stats but be less useful in group settings. That is why DC's keep using the HP set. :)

Oh I can understand that but that was level 60. This is a 10 level difference. You don't see players in WoW at the level cap wearing gear that is 10 levels or more below them because it was BiS. They will force you to wear new gear regardless, and most likely they won't make the same type of mistake again since it has been nothing but a thorn in their side with sets like HV and HP.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
    edited January 2015
    yeah I can see it was merged, now it's kind of a mess...
    let's hope that most dicussions can continue in here-
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No offense but why should PWE be catering to casual players only? That is highly unfair don't you think? Anyone that thinks just their group of favored players deserve the most respect, attention and the game should function to just please them and suit them do not understand how that pretty much marginalizes all the rest. This game has the hardcore gamers, the casual players, the foundry lovers, the pvpers, the pvers, the roleplayers.

Well, sure. But as the old saying goes, if you end up trying to please everyone, you wind up pleasing no one. Cryptic has decided, for better or for worse, to focus on casual PVE players, not the hardcore gamers and not the intense PVP crowd. Isn't that obvious enough?
    edited January 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    Well, sure. But as the old saying goes, if you end up trying to please everyone, you wind up pleasing no one. Cryptic has decided, for better or for worse, to focus on casual PVE players, not the hardcore gamers and not the intense PVP crowd. Isn't that obvious enough?

They should reverse that decision. It's giving preferential treatment and it's turning players that cared about the game and put money into it away. They don't have to try to please everyone, that's such a negative way of thinking. The problem is they are trying to please one crowd only and it's rubbed the rest the wrong way. The ones who have to work harder just to compete. From a business standpoint, that is highly illogical.

Take for example a company. Let's say you have your "casual" employees. They keep to themselves, just do their jobs and don't really bring anything new like new ideas to the table. They secretly resent those that do because typically they can move up the ladder. Should the casual employee get special treatment?

What about the people that have a gift of gab but when it comes to taking action yet another bad thing about some companies....they often do move up the ladder but should they? No.

Then you have those employees that not only do the talk but do the walk. The company would suffer if those people left as everyone else that just dibble dabbled their way through, talked their way up would stutter, stumble and just come up with words that sound neat but very impractical.

The reason why focusing on the casual gamers is wrong is because casual gamers can turn ANY game into casual just based on their play style. Why focus on just them? You can casually walk in, grind for a bit, casually walk out. No honey, this gaming world shouldn't revolve around you.
    edited January 2015
    Since the forum change some time back, the only threads we mods can move or otherwise moderate en masse are the stickies. So each thread discussing mod 6 had to be stickied, then merged.

Ah weird but it makes sense. Just really threw me seeing them at first.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wolfzzzz wrote: »
    Hmm I don't play STO but I've heard alot of complaining about their level cap increase. I've heard that gaining the levels is super grind-y and boring, and that the new ships are a debacle
    Perhaps those who play STO could shed some light on this.

Imagine there are now 150% Mounts, and all your Zen market 100% Mounts can be upgraded... for 700 Zen a pop. This is what they did at STO: 2500 (minimum) for a tier 5 Starship. Now they release new Tier 6 Starships, all tier 5 can be upgraded for 700Zen a pop. Screw-you STO team at Cryptic. I've since all but completely stopped playing STO.

As for Neverwinter - the level cap increase brings a lot of questions, most notably will be how current 'gear' and artifacts and trinkets are handled, what about companions? I have a Fawn companion with rank 9 Rhinestones and epic Companion gear - it has 23k HP and so on, survivable in all but the most difficult content - what happens to that? Just asp people spent a LOT of money, time, effort on their epic and legendary gear, others have invested heavily in the peripheral aspects like Companions and Mounts and such.

At this point I plan to hold back any speculation until I actually see what happens, right down to the doomsaying about GF viability due to new Paladin class.

Best thing for any of us to do is to put the brakes on all the "woe are us for the new level-cap and class ruin the super-legendary-epic artifact-equipped GF, hence game will die!!!!"

I'm looking forward to the new content and such, but with eyes wide open in the full knowledge that 1) there WILL be real problems and bugs and 2) There will be shrill shouts of doom for the game and a lot of whining about stuff.
    edited January 2015
    Imagine there are now 150% Mounts, and all your Zen market 100% Mounts can be upgraded... for 700 Zen a pop. This is what they did at STO: 2500 (minimum) for a tier 5 Starship. Now they release new Tier 6 Starships, all tier 5 can be upgraded for 700Zen a pop. Screw-you STO team at Cryptic. I've since all but completely stopped playing STO.

As for Neverwinter - the level cap increase brings a lot of questions, most notably will be how current 'gear' and artifacts and trinkets are handled, what about companions? I have a Fawn companion with rank 9 Rhinestones and epic Companion gear - it has 23k HP and so on, survivable in all but the most difficult content - what happens to that? Just asp people spent a LOT of money, time, effort on their epic and legendary gear, others have invested heavily in the peripheral aspects like Companions and Mounts and such.

At this point I plan to hold back any speculation until I actually see what happens, right down to the doomsaying about GF viability due to new Paladin class.

Best thing for any of us to do is to put the brakes on all the "woe are us for the new level-cap and class ruin the super-legendary-epic artifact-equipped GF, hence game will die!!!!"

I'm looking forward to the new content and such, but with eyes wide open in the full knowledge that 1) there WILL be real problems and bugs and 2) There will be shrill shouts of doom for the game and a lot of whining about stuff.

Ah is that the specifics of the upgrades? That's not bad at all. 700 zen is only 350k AD. That's nothing overall.

edit*
    Using our zax as a reference, little off since ad is not dil but if the same system was here kind of thought.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Let's keep the discussion on track people. This thread isn't about STO. It's about Neverwinter. I'd rather not derail the thread and get it closed down.

STO is very relevant here in what happened to the game there over the exact same type of level cap expansion". Not only is the scenario parallel, it's a Siamese twin in that it's the same game studio doing the same thing. You want to know what really could happen to Neverwinter here? Then pay attention to what happened over there.

Hopefully Cryptic has learned the mistakes the STO team made over there and will take great care not to repeat them. Even many genuinely die-hard fans of STO have more or less stopped playing, and I'm talking about whales. I know, I was one of them. Certainly the game is still popular and will continue to be. It may not have 'hurt' them financially, but I'm willing to bet it made a very noticeable dent.
This discussion has been closed.