What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 6 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm willing to bet artifact gear levels with your character.

I made a joke about that a week ago. I mean, you'd have to level your character through refining.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not that we needed more confirmation, but the game is continuing its casual approach in tying the next Mod to the WotC storyline again. Which means less challenge because the kids need easy access to their stuff.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    stah01 wrote: »
    Oathbound paladin is a cool class because its not the standard im holy paladin. They follow an Oath path.
    Oath of Devotion (Standard lawful good paladin), Oath of the Ancients (really defensive and usually neutral good), Oath of Vengeance (Kills fast and quick, really effective DD) and Oathbreaker (this is the anti-paladin or blackguard). Would be cool to have one of the paragons be Oathbreaker.

Regardless so stoked its not druid.. Paladin is one of my favorite classes.

A lot of it will likely depend on whether or not the Oaths are Paragon Paths or Class Features. The former makes a great deal more sense, and if so it would be nice to have more than two options. Since they have spoken about having three paths or more in the past, this would be a great opportunity to roll out more path and path options.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Where. Is. My. Bard?

That said, my main is gf, my second in comand is gwf now (coz i rly like both), why do i have this bad feeling that both of my class will become useless?

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    loboguild wrote: »
    Not that we needed more confirmation, but the game is continuing its casual approach in tying the next Mod to the WotC storyline again. Which means less challenge because the kids need easy access to their stuff.

I doubt WotC left them much choice. And when has a Cryptic MMO ever been challenging?
  • Options
    untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So can we now expect that Companions/Augments will scale up to level 35 (possibly Legendary status)? Would hate to imagine the AD cost associated with upgrading the companions to that level (Guessing 1.2 mil AD range)
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just no more paragon path sharing and it will be good.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So are we gonna get new powers available for every class now? What about feats... If my math is right that mean we can pretty much take two paragon paths, and that's gonna be a little OP. And I really hope that they get rid of artifact equipment, and make it outdated... I really don't like refining.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    no details are posted yet.. maybe more feats
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Too bad its to expensive to play a new char in the game.

I mean I just got 3 legendary artifacts on my CW + legendary mainhand, offhand, neck and belt. Its not like a normal player will ever get that much RP/AD to for a new char in this game. And since I'm a PvP player its all about the gear.

Only way I would ever start to play a new char would be if my legendary artifact stuff would be bound to account.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I searched the wikipedia but did not found anything recent relevant o Temple of elemental Evil campaign release.
    I only found about the 1986 campaign in GreyHawk setting.Is the same thing?

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?1846-Sasquatch-Studios-Will-Produce-ADVENTURER-s-HANDBOOK-and-PRINCES-OF-THE-APOCALYPSE-for-D-D-5E-in-2015!#.VL6Ysi6bSUk

August 2014...

"Called by the Elder Elemental Eye to serve, four corrupt prophets have risen from the depths of anonymity to claim mighty weapons with direct links to the power of the elemental princes. Each of these prophets has assembled a cadre of cultists and creatures to serve them in the construction of four elemental temples of lethal design. It is up to adventurers from heroic factions such as the Emerald Enclave and the Order of the Gauntlet to discover where the true power of each prophet lay, and dismantle it before it comes boiling up to obliterate the Realms."

When there will be only one or two dungeons we have a problem called "boredom".
    The same I got infected while killing Tiamat about a hundred times.

//Bellistor
  • Options
    ychiakiychiaki Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bring on the preview giga patch
    DC Divine Oracle Faithful
    HR Stormwarden Trapper / Stormwarden Combat
    GWF Swordmaster Destroyer
    CW Master of Flame Thaumaturge / Spellstorm Oppressor
    TR Master Infiltrator Executioner
    SW Soulbinder Fury
  • Options
    cyberiadavcyberiadav Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dheffernan wrote: »
    (...)

Still, will be nice to have Paladins.

Nice to have Paladins? Rly? Adding this class is extremely not fair vs GFs. New warrior with shield tanking and healing? Seriously? There already is a warrior with shield - Paladin should be just a new paragon path for GF. Period. But of course other classes would demand 3 paragon too so it is just way cheaper just add completely new class...
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    so everyone read the module 6 article
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9062673

so here is my theorycrafting behind all this.
    first i will start with this:

"On the horizon for after Module 6: Elemental Evil are modules with highly requested additions including player strongholds and well-known characters from Dungeons & Dragons lore."

meanng we will get player housing either buyin the full building or rent it , this might be for Guild Halls too.
    This is a great update imo(even if it's useless in the eye of others) for me this will give a purpose to Guilds in NW.

"Fear not, as a new hero blessed by the gods, the Oathbound Paladin, has emerged to fight the impending threat. These righteous fighters will be able embody both the healing and tanking paradigms that have made them so popular with Dungeons & Dragons players everywhere."

Nice, we will have a Paladin class, and not a Druid, i was expecting that,not that it's popular but cause it's in D&D 4th book.

and finally this
    " With Elemental Evil will come a level cap increase from 60 to 70, complete with a new set of quests, feats, and slottable class feature powers."

so this is how i see it.
    we will have 10 more levels it's like a campaign wearing a different mask.
    New quests = new quests that follows the story content.
    New Feats = hmm we might get 10 points in Heroic or 10 points in paragons, but i think this will unbalance even more the classes , making them too OP . So this won't happen.
    New slottable Class feature = we already ahve 2 class feats (passives) we might the third one where you can play with : Weapon master, Destroyer and Bravery as a third.

But here is my opinion on this.
    from lvl 60-70 you will get like 10 more temporary lvl, meaning that even if u are lvl 70 you can still do PVP with players at lvl 60, the Gear will remain the same, the Legendary Gear will be the same, the 10 levels will be only a mask for a campaign, except you can probably do those 10 levels in 1 day .
    about the New Feats i am pretty sure we get new feats that aren't related to normal feats we already have and the third class feature might be chosen from a list of new class features.
    Both new Feats and the new third class feature might be universal for each class, meaning that they will be like boons , and can be picked by everyone and have the same rating.
    SO NO GEAR , NO LEGENDARY GEAR for lvl 70.

if this cap increase will change everything that we had right now, this will divide everything and not only PVP, even PVE, the old content will not even be played anymore.

either way i dont want to see a Destroyer with Intimidation. that would be such OP . not to mention different classes that can benefit from this things.
  • Options
    nightjustinenightjustine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Screw legendaries and whatnot.
    I'm so going to play Paladin! Waited for it since beta basically.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »

I mean I just got 3 legendary artifacts on my CW + legendary mainhand, offhand, neck and belt. Its not like a normal player will ever get that much RP/AD to for a new char in this game. And since I'm a PvP player its all about the gear.

Only way I would ever start to play a new char would be if my legendary artifact stuff would be bound to account.
    Some say legendary stuff is going to be obsolete so...

I just hope they won't go as low as making new dungeon drops better than fully refined artifact belts.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Enlighten me, how does the increased level cap ruining existing artifact gear?
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Paladins ... I was hoping for Druid or Bard, but to be hones, I find the Paladin more interesting than the Warlock - which turned out to be pretty cool. I very excited for this one.
    I hope they learned something from the previous experiences and we're gonna get a quality module this time.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i will play Beerbound paladin :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Some say legendary stuff is going to be obsolete so...

I just hope they won't go as low as making new dungeon drops better than fully refined artifact belts.

i hope they will be better, but only a bit better, artifacts was a good way to get the exploited AD out of the system
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    " With Elemental Evil will come a level cap increase from 60 to 70, complete with a new set of quests, feats, and slottable class feature powers."

That means new class features. Not that you can slot an extra.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    Enlighten me, how does the increased level cap ruining existing artifact gear?

The assumption is that level 70 purple, maybe even blue, gear is better than the current max level artifacts (and of course new level 70 artifacts if there are any). That assumes that the current artifacts do not get a level cap increase, too.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2015

So basicaly you want to start at the finish line. Makes sens.
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Paladin! YAY! Its about time to show those puny evil things what justice means.
    stah01 wrote: »
    Oath of Devotion (Standard lawful good paladin), Oath of the Ancients (really defensive and usually neutral good), Oath of Vengeance (Kills fast and quick, really effective DD) and Oathbreaker (this is the anti-paladin or blackguard). Would be cool to have one of the paragons be Oathbreaker.

An interesting perspective would be if, each of the Oaths was actually a tree inside the class (Healing, Tank and DPS), leaving the Oathbreaker as a PP. That would be amazing, IMO. Strongholds I can see as something the likes of STO, which would be just fine. Wouldnt be *that* hard to implement.

And now, I wonder what else will come along with mod6, since its based on the ELEMENTAL Evil, it could be the right moment to introduce the Genasi as a paid race.

Increased level cap, new class, whole new mod, housi.. *ahen* strongholds and more surprises in the horizon... Its going to be a good (and busy) time to return to NW once more.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015

That means new class features. Not that you can slot an extra.

that was what i am sayin, it will be probably a class feature that you chose when you finish those quests and there are a certain number of class feature to chose from, and they are the same for each class.

or u can slot it with in those 2 class features, but i dont know about that. it will be lame.
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm, surprisingly, looking forward to the Paladin a lot. My faith in this game has been restored a bit :D
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    With regards to player housing, I believe that this is not coming in module 6, but rather module 7 or 8, as that post does say, "on the horizon for AFTER module 6."
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    I made a joke about that a week ago. I mean, you'd have to level your character through refining.

That would be sooo silly. And fitting. :cool:
  • Options
    etnad321etnad321 Banned Users Posts: 52
    edited January 2015
    i hope they make it so after lv 60 the artifacts you have lvl up together with ur character.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I really hope they make housing or at least a good portion of it account wide. Managing ALTs is already so impossible, it doesn't need more.
This discussion has been closed.