test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance 1/8 at 7 AM PST (extended)

Comments

• synslaughtersynslaughter Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    No one ever learns from Scotty.

Lol, too true. Tack on three hours to your estimate, so when you get it done early they know you as a miracle-worker!
    I have the ability to heal you. A shield to protect you. Blades to slay your foes. Magic! So I'm a tiefling, so what? We have a common enemy, and a common goal. Here, you can put ornaments on my horns if it'll put you at ease.
  • ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I thought this Festival was better than last years mostly for the Parcels. Lots of fun and having a variation of tasks to grind (not just mob killing) is always a pleasure. I do think that Maintenance and Event timing should be altered to NOT coincide with the event's end.
  • rattler29rattler29 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Gifts of Simiril...thats what i couldnt rememeber. Your maintence makes it impossible for me to get my last Gifts of Simiril. are you going to extend the winter festival for an hour or so so people can get their last gifts , turn in the last batch of fish etc.
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Must be getting close to another update. Poor dwightmc, I really feel for him.
    Server guys probably tell him... "yeah, remember that last estimate..."
    First thoughts must be... "Ah, &*%$, here we go again".
    My hats off to you pal, wouldn't want your job!" :)
  • rattler29rattler29 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I didnt have all morning. I got up at my ususal time and maintence had already started.. what do you consider all morning. I was supposed to get up at 5am pst to get ahead of your maintence. couldnt you do the maintence AFTER the festival ended
  • neilburtonneilburton Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Did the server hamsters unionize?

Too funny!
    IT Guru & avid gamer since 1981
  • hellratedhellrated Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We'll be performing scheduled maintenance tomorrow 1/8 at 7 AM PST. Estimated downtime is 2 hours but could be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

No patch notes this week. We will however be removing the Winter Event, adding new Weekly Sale items and also including a Last Chance vendor for the Winter Event (if you have any left over event currency).

We'll keep you updated here once maintenance begins.

Thanks
    Dwight

Update 1 7:05 AM PST - Maintenance has begun.
    Update 2 8:00 AM PST - Maintenance is progressing as planned. We'll keep you updated if anything changes.
    Update 3 8:35 AM PST - Looks like we hit a bit of a snag, at this point it doesn't seem like it is going to delay us by much at all, but we'll keep you posted.
    Update 4: Unfortunately due to issues found during maintenance we will need to extend maintenance until at least 10 AM. If anything changes we'll let you know.
    Update 5: 9:37 AM PST - Still no updates on resolving the issue. Could be another hour or so. As soon as we hear anything we'll let you know.

Thanks a lot for keeping us updated man :)
    In-game Characters:
    Raba Leo - 16k GWF | Raba Dharma - 15.5k CW | Raba Chanda - 15k TR | Raba Karma - 14k HR
    PURE F2P, so far..
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Update 5: 9:37 AM PST - Still no updates on resolving the issue. Could be another hour or so. As soon as we hear anything we'll let you know.

Guess I'll start cooking lunch, then. Meh.

You guys making me be responsible. How horrid!
  • bluellbluell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    prety sad you devs dont play obviously it shows in how you burn us down every chance you get how you turn pvp into assasins creed version xxvii and how cw in pve gets to do tripple dps over any other class i stand in the gore and take abuse so he gets to hide in a corner blasting away ty for ripping me and guildies who saved our gifts to share this morning off totally love you for this act of kindness
  • kynveelkynveel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can we still get today's starlight parcel? In my country, a new day in Neverwinter starts at 11 a.m. and the maintenance started at 4 p.m. ... I was at work at that time :/
    Smile! It confuses people :)
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kynveel wrote: »
    Can we still get today's starlight parcel? In my country, a new day in Neverwinter starts at 11 a.m. and the maintenance started at 4 p.m. ... I was at work at that time :/

Pretty sure you will not get that last parcel unless it comes back up in the next 7 mins. It's just how it is.

But on a brighter note I would expect us still to be able to exchange gifts and cash in lights.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    THe maintenance stated they are removing the festival, therefore no, once the server went down the festival is gone and so are the freebies.

Unless they have a dramatic change of heart and philosophy. The Zen parcels might be there though LOL
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    omg.. 1 more hour to wait now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • oclosoclos Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is probably a server issue, as it seems to be taking even longer for the STO maintenance.

And btw, I didn't manage to get all parcels as well. But stop complaining like it was yours to begin with! It was offered for free for crying out loud! Be thankful it is there at all and for so long, so many times per year! See what other games had for Christmas(e.g. 20% discount on PAYED items, or 10 percent on credits bought!)

I greatly dislike it when people are unapreciative like that.
  • blackfoxaltoroblackfoxaltoro Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wlinaz wrote: »
    Anybody know what happens to toons left on the level when it is vaporized? Sent to protectors enclave, can leave but not return.. Vaporized...?

They'll end up in protectors enclave I would assume.
  • gendiz1gendiz1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    yokanaan wrote: »
    Maintenance started like 2 minutes earlier - it's not a big deal but I needed that time to receive gifts on my last toons.

Yeah im with you!
    I worked all day and come home to Maintenace and i was in need of 1 star for the Mount and that star i get to day and i wanted to buy som nice tansmog items that i have the money for...
  • palad1npalad1n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Now another hour tacked on to "maintenance". We all know they do maintenance on Thursdays from 7-9am pst (unless an "issue" pops up and extends it) so honestly they should make sure events don't have the same end date. That would take care of everything imo.
  • eltecheltech Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2015

That's what happened last year, and it was a hilarious lag-fest as the entire instance gets teleported to the same location, and everyone starts jumping around.
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Starting to sound like a lot of people are about to find out. :)
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Yes, they'll be above Aralynn in PE. You'll see a quick load screen of the winter event and it'll switch almost immediately to PE, where you'll finish loading in.
  • thevirus2011thevirus2011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sounds like serious server issues, STO is now in maintenance until 12 PST also. :(
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hopefully this will force solve the lag issue?
  • palad1npalad1n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Good thing they said it was a minor issue, we all might get to play by tonight! :P
  • sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    so when the timer for the winter event hits 3 hours to go it's over. Is it not possible that these timers can end when the maintenence starts, Im sure this isnt the first time this has been brought up.

It is totally bad that they continually do this to us. I sleep sometimes at night in RL, you know, I don't LIVE in NeverWinter 24/7 and count on that hour in the morning before the event ends to finish up my event stuff, so when maintenance is extended, I totally lose out on my Winter Event participation.

So long to the fun, I don't get to do my one last Slalom race. *sad*
  • mier1012mier1012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    oclos wrote: »
    This is probably a server issue, as it seems to be taking even longer for the STO maintenance.

And btw, I didn't manage to get all parcels as well. But stop complaining like it was yours to begin with! It was offered for free for crying out loud! Be thankful it is there at all and for so long, so many times per year! See what other games had for Christmas(e.g. 20% discount on PAYED items, or 10 percent on credits bought!)

I greatly dislike it when people are unapreciative like that.

I am usually an unappreciative person but I have to agree with you on that point. They were MORE than generous with the gifts. I would have been happy with just 5 days of parcels but we got 4 times that amount. This event was enough to keep me appreciative for at least 4 or maybe 5 months.
  • berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am curious about Malaborg epic dungeon lag or rubberbanding problems. What causes that? I am playing this game more than 8 months and this MC still laggy as hell. If i must say, i set my graphic settings to min and also turn off other options but still very bad. This occurs in only MC not in other dungeons. Thats not only me i know this, my guild members said they have huge lag in MC.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    berhudarol wrote: »
    I am curious about Malaborg epic dungeon lag or rubberbanding problems. What causes that? I am playing this game more than 8 months and this MC still laggy as hell. If i must say, i set my graphic settings to min and also turn off other options but still very bad. This occurs in only MC not in other dungeons. Thats not only me i know this, my guild members said they have huge lag in MC.

It has to do with shadows and particles.
  • grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wanted to login and get my last round of free gifts before the event ended and make another hero's feast, but maintenance window interferes with the end of the event? :/

/disappointed.
  • audrey32audrey32 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    berhudarol wrote: »

MC is easily fixed - in Display u chose DirectX 9 and poof - all good :) It's a video issue not a real lag.
  • hellwinklehellwinkle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I snagged my pants on my bike sprocket last week.

Fixed it in about 5 minutes :p
This discussion has been closed.