test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance 1/8 at 7 AM PST (extended)

Comments

• Options
    audrey32audrey32 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    berhudarol wrote: »
    I am curious about Malaborg epic dungeon lag or rubberbanding problems. What causes that? I am playing this game more than 8 months and this MC still laggy as hell. If i must say, i set my graphic settings to min and also turn off other options but still very bad. This occurs in only MC not in other dungeons. Thats not only me i know this, my guild members said they have huge lag in MC.

MC is easily fixed - in Display u chose DirectX 9 and poof - all good :) It's a video issue not a real lag.
  • Options
    hellwinklehellwinkle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I snagged my pants on my bike sprocket last week.

Fixed it in about 5 minutes :p
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    It has to do with shadows and particles.

So essentially take your graphics down to the minimum. The game will look largely like an MMO from the 90's....but you'll be able to play.
  • Options
    neilburtonneilburton Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here's a concept that most people *should* agree with: running server maintenance AFTER THE EVENT is finished rather than in it's final hours. Wouldn't that be nice? ;-)

Sigh.
    IT Guru & avid gamer since 1981
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i was smart and planned to make sure i claimed all my gifts before maint, afterall it happens every thursday unless its a USA holiday then its a tuesday (dunno why not wednesday but hey that's logic). As for non americans who play this game, start learning what time it is pacific to yours and the us major holidays that happen on thursday a month in advance and you'll be as smart as me to during CTA/ events like this. The timer will lie every thursday :-)
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So essentially take your graphics down to the minimum. The game will look largely like an MMO from the 90's....but you'll be able to play.
    It is what it is. Granted I'm not big on the nessecity of eye candy graphics.

Plus I think that
    latest?cb=20120817181754
    is still one of the best games ever made along with the entire zelda series. 16bit or lower graphics. (btw 16 bit was the best 90's era games had until the last couple years. This game looks far better than 16 bit.
  • Options
    halvspakhalvspak Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9052943

Looks like event is officially over and wont be extended.... can claim rewards but no more quests or gaining those last few needed points
  • Options
    berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    audrey32 wrote: »
    MC is easily fixed - in Display u chose DirectX 9 and poof - all good :) It's a video issue not a real lag.

Hmm, I will try this as soon as possible. But we need a working server for this first :D
  • Options
    audrey32audrey32 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    berhudarol wrote: »
    Hmm, I will try this as soon as possible. But we need a working server for this first :D

And after changing DirectX u should restart game too - for settings to work ;) Helps all my guild in MC so it should work for all.
  • Options
    tvihtvih Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    neilburton wrote: »
    Here's a concept that most people *should* agree with: running server maintenance AFTER THE EVENT is finished rather than in it's final hours. Wouldn't that be nice? ;-)

Sigh.

Yeah... I'm a new player I only started on the event yesterday, looking at the time left then I figured I'd have enough time to get the remaining 851 currency to get both weapon and shield from the vendor after work today. Little did I know the last hours of the event when I should've been playing were going to be maintenance. So as it is I got those 849 currency for nothing, as I thought I could get the one missing one for the first item and the rest for the second today.

As a new player I wasn't yet familiar with scheduled maintenance times, but certainly it's very poor form to cut the event short like this! If you know you're going to be doing maintenance at a given time, at least adjust the timer of time remaining in the event well beforehand so people aren't left hanging. Now this kinda left me with a sour taste.
  • Options
    dagormdagorm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    halvspak wrote: »
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9052943

Looks like event is officially over and wont be extended.... can claim rewards but no more quests or gaining those last few needed points

What this link says is this:
    "The Simril revelry may have ended, but you can still trade your Lights of Simril and Stars of Fortune for wintry rewards until 10AM PST on Thursday January 15th!"

Make no mistake - that time will actually be 7AM PST (WHEN THE MAINTENANCE COMMENCES)
  • Options
    talonofwindspeaktalonofwindspeak Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah best event I've been in since started playing this game. Had a lot of fun. Really like it.. some of the other events not so much. Thanks for creating a very fun wintery place (as he looks out window at 7 foot snowbank :rolleyes:)
  • Options
    halvspakhalvspak Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hehe extended tell 11:30. Must be getting close, extensions are decreasing from 1 hour to 30 mins ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    extended again.

does anyone else have Deja Vu ?

Gives me a chance to actually live real life. Havent showered since the beginning of the Winter event :p
  • Options
    herbe420herbe420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited January 2015
    this just came in 11:30
  • Options
    pipinmali99pipinmali99 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    herbe420 wrote: »
    this just came in 11:30

i dont think so that server gona be on at that time :cool:
  • Options
    justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What's the next event? is there one for Valentines day? or is it mainly global holidays?
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not sure why people complain about maintenance. I would much rather know that on Thursdays the game will be down some than have it dropping at random times because they do not do maintenance. Plan accordingly. Also just because it says servers will be up at 11:00 dont try to log on at 11:01 and be like "wtf @%$#, %$#@ game doesnt %$#@ work. blah, blah, blah." Everyone knows it gets extended quite often. Do something else during those hours.

They are not going to change the time they do maintenance. Thursday is the day before the weekend starts so that is usually the best time. They dont want something unexpected to happen during maintenance and start their weekend late, just like they do not want to stay over after work because they got a late start on it, hence why it starts early during their work day in case something does happen. Its going to be inconvenient for someone no matter what time it is, so they pick a time that is best for them.

And thanks for the Holiday items. For the people complaining, maybe they should have taken advantage of the 3 weeks the event was active, or thought ahead knowing that maintenance was on Thursdays and it was posted that the servers were going down.
  • Options
    justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hopefully its not on a Thursday!
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    herbe420 wrote: »
    and always at time when EU ppl come back home from work, sweet deal.

**** man :/ same here too. Got back from work....boom was looking forward to claiming one last free package from the zen store XD

For those who whine about downtime, get real.

Have you ever played any other online games to see what the attitude of the devs towards people is like ?

You don't even get ETAS, not to mention that in all previous updates regarding maintenance, they at least posted updates
    and they were spot on regarding the time.

Haven't seen that around in a long time and congrats to the devs and technicians working on these every time.

Servers are not devices on which you can flip a switch and repair in an instant. Problems can range from hardware to the platform they run, a combination of both or a hideous gremlin hiding in somewhere in the data center causing some newly dicovered problem.
    Needles to talk about to the backwards diagnostic check and route to pinpoint where something went wrong, when and how, in order to start repairing not to mention post repairs diagnostic runs to make sure the game runs smoothly.

I'm as impatient as most of you to get back into the game and grind through stuff, but a little patience never hurt anyone.

Rushing repairs is never a good thing. That's what I always say to my motorcycle technician... XD

My only objection is the ending of the winter fest zenith being out of EU times...there should be some kind of midways timeframe for all of us to end it properly.

Peace!
  • Options
    nerdcore1101nerdcore1101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    just sit back and relax during the wait. Watch some "Sword Art Online" and wait until the server is back up. People get entirely too addicted to games that they have to gripe about the maintenance taking too long that they can't get thier fix. Chill out, it's just a game. Oh, and do not gripe about the ones who buy zen. I play for free and have to say ty everyone who spends money on these games or else they would not be able to keep the servers running at all and we would not get the chance to play such games. Trure they make profit as well but without the ones who do have "1,000 dollars a month" to throw at them we would not have a game at all. Don't worry, be happy.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    While it is understandable that people may be upset by extended maintenance, I'm going to take the time to remind everyone that the Rules of Conduct--regardless of your mood at the time of posting--are still in effect.

Please remember to post accordingly.

If your post is commenting about moderation ("oh look, X pages vanished!!"), bashing the company or devs (whether outright or veiled as tongue-in-cheek sarcasm), ranting, or otherwise violating the Rules of Conduct, do expect it to be removed without further notice.

This post shall constitute the sole notice to the community for unacceptable posting behavior in this thread.

Do not respond to or reply to this post, but send a PM to address any concerns.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    aggerethaggereth Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Guess I'll start cooking lunch, then. Meh.

You guys making me be responsible. How horrid!

Hahaha !!! Same happened to me !!! My boyfriend will actually return in a house that is clean and there is warm healthy food in the kitchen *sad puppy eyes*....i hate it deep inside heheh *.*
    I don't suffer from insanity ! ..I enjoy every minute of it ![SIGPIC][/SIGPIc]
  • Options
    wraithr32wraithr32 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As a server admin, I completely understand how maintenance can blow up in your face and take far longer than expected.

For those complaining, get a grip and find something else to do.

To the Devs and admin, keep up the good work, I love this game!!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Im disappointed but not upset at the extended maintenance. Longer maintenance means smoother game-play and an overall better experience. I was fully addicted to WoW for several years and even 10 minutes past the expected patch time got me ranting and raving.

After overcoming my addiction I realized that real life is out there waiting to be grabbed by the horns which is better than any Legendary artifact. The sun is shining and its expected to snow a bit tonight so i went out and soaked in some rays, enjoyed the heat, and picked up some "waste" from my ever present Labrador, made some breakfast, did laundry and sucked down a couple cups of coffee.

I'm wanting to get back online and get some fun in but I'm not going to complain if I can get some RL stuff done which I probably wouldn't have if I had been grinding out H.E.'s and Tiamat etc.
  • Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    I love how 2 hours became 5+ hours if this was a one time issue i could understand but this seams to be weekly
  • Options
    nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There's an Numerical Mimic in the server room ...
  • Options
    radfrogradfrog Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Look everyone, issue is almost resolved, now calm down.
  • Options
    hellratedhellrated Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No pressure guys, i much rather play it stable than unstable, just patch things up ASAP
    In-game Characters:
    Raba Leo - 16k GWF | Raba Dharma - 15.5k CW | Raba Chanda - 15k TR | Raba Karma - 14k HR
    PURE F2P, so far..
This discussion has been closed.