test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance 1/8 at 7 AM PST (extended)

Comments

• justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Solving the gold spammer issue would be a nice feat. I seem to have to ignore a lot of them.
    Adding the ability to mail currencies to yourself even for the event currencies would be a nice add, be able to share in the account bank.
  • torvinemtorvinem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited January 2015
    Well, at least was able to do some other stuff.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    xanderhook wrote: »
    As a thank you for the players being patient, how about auto filters to catch the ever-growing number of gold spammers since they all seem to use the same text.

They're text would be changed the next day. It's not a measure that is effective for more than a couple days unless you impose draconian filter rules that start to interfere with legitimate use and even then the bots will find a way around.
  • malifasmalifas Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    When they do get it back up the age old question "How long is SOON" will be answered.
  • justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Oh and make it stop crashing the game following the opening movie when you go to make a new character.
    I've never had that happen! But I did just recently start having a message say that Cryptic crashed.
  • ariakaituariakaitu Member Posts: 75
    edited January 2015
    kopros666 wrote: »
    I also invoked in some chars at night when doing last professions, but not in all. I have 2 hours left then (already 28 hours running!)

if you cant invoke all your characters within an hour to two hour's time you have too many. im not talking invo ad profs.. just simply invo.

i have 6 toons. it takes me 4 min to just invo them
  • pipinmali99pipinmali99 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    time is ended, but server is still out ... half hour tactic not working at all, i hope they gona give us real time now, to know to goto bed or not
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can get 4 done in under 2mins, if I'm just praying. Log in, ctrl+i and immediately F5 (I have a keybind /bind F5 gotocharacterselect), as soon as the prayer is complete, hit the button to immediately finish the logout, then rinse and repeat. Takes less than 10min to do both of my accounts.
  • sirenposhasirenposha Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ooo how do you keybind the character select to f5? Is it some crazy setup thing? Or something simple in the menu?
  • princessjosieprincessjosie Member Posts: 30
    edited January 2015
    ariakaitu wrote: »
    if you cant invoke all your characters within an hour to two hour's time you have too many. im not talking invo ad profs.. just simply invo.

I have 10 toons and to do my invokes and professions on all of them (mind you almost all of them are lvl 60 as well with 7-8 profession slots) it takes me about 10-15 minutes every day before I go to work. ^-^
    edited January 2015
    malifas wrote: »
    When they do get it back up the age old question "How long is SOON" will be answered.

Soon
    As defined by Blizzard Entertainment: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
  • princessjosieprincessjosie Member Posts: 30
    edited January 2015
    "This Just In" Maintenance will be an all day thing. See you tomorrow. xD There goes my day off from work.
    edited January 2015
    which is why i have a hard time understanding why people ***** moan whine complain and just generally waste time when there is a simple resolution to the problem. even if you invo in the morning... invo at night.

hell any time i can i invo. free ad potions and buffs.
  • kopros666kopros666 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2015

:)) No, i meant 2 hours left before coins disappear, if shard isn't back soon. I've a dozen toons, invo's take about 6-8mins (time depends if when changing toons it gets you on login page where u have to type again email+password, for some strange reason sometimes)
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Soon
    As defined by Blizzard Entertainment: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

this is not blizzard
  • shazukinmashazukinma Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Soon

LMAO!
    Too True.
  • merlinmctavmerlinmctav Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I think the issue is likely not the amount of time it takes to invoke them. With the issues over the Christmas/New Year period I lost 6 days of invocation on 3 toons. This was due to the fact that my normal invocation start time was just at the beginning of the down time, and by the time the servers came back up again the invocation period had expired.
    Given that this server down time is at least 5 hours, it is possible that the OP is in a similar situation.
    edited January 2015
    sirenposha wrote: »
    Ooo how do you keybind the character select to f5? Is it some crazy setup thing? Or something simple in the menu?

Yes, I use a keybind to log out faster. I put the bind in parenthesis in my previous post. It bypasses the game menu and immediately starts the logout.

I have 22 characters spread out over 2 accounts, and have no trouble getting all of them in under 10min. It's amazing how much time you can waste waiting for the prayer animation to finish and then going through the game menu to log out!
    edited January 2015
    this is not blizzard

That was just from urban dictionary, and blizzard set the standard on soon imo.
  • hellwinklehellwinkle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have to agree with several of the posters here. Gold spamming has become almost unendurable. When in PE, i would say 90% of anything that comes through Zone or Trade chat comes from the spammers (with the exception of during DD). Something really really REALLY needs to be done about this, I cannot spend my entire game day reporting spam if nothing comes of these reports and I just have to scan through the trash to find "actual people" chatting.
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Soon

I knew you were a lawyer! This brought a tear, maybe two! :D
    edited January 2015
    I can get 4 done in under 2mins, if I'm just praying. Log in, ctrl+i and immediately F5 (I have a keybind /bind F5 gotocharacterselect), as soon as the prayer is complete, hit the button to immediately finish the logout, then rinse and repeat. Takes less than 10min to do both of my accounts.

i cant bind any of my function keys... they're all bound to the first 12 items in my first bag.
    my numpad 1-0 are all bound to tiamat STOP or channel switch or recruitment macros

/sigh
  • chupamelbolichupamelboli Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    WTB: an update ! please
    edited January 2015
    they even didint give new time anymore lol, probably, they dont know when they solve this problem
  • elyksorelyksor Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Their server is up.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    yes servers up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    edited January 2015
    update, its finaly green, its up!
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hellwinkle wrote: »
    I have to agree with several of the posters here. Gold spamming has become almost unendurable. When in PE, i would say 90% of anything that comes through Zone or Trade chat comes from the spammers (with the exception of during DD). Something really really REALLY needs to be done about this, I cannot spend my entire game day reporting spam if nothing comes of these reports and I just have to scan through the trash to find "actual people" chatting.

Sooo true today i just saw with my own eyes 14 k GWF and 14k TR with artifact off.h and neck spawning some www.gold stuff in feywild.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • al0baral0bar Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    will soon be down again as all are jumping in now :)
    Noli temere messorem

Guild Leader "Touched by Knox"
    edited January 2015
    i cant bind any of my function keys... they're all bound to the first 12 items in my first bag.
    my numpad 1-0 are all bound to tiamat STOP or channel switch or recruitment macros

/sigh

Pick another key, then. /bind shift+h gotocharacterselect or whatever key is most comfortable to you. I use my Fkeys for my binds, because that's what I am used to doing in other games. (Example: I have F6 set up as my follow key. /bind F6 follow It works like a charm when I need to afk to help one of my kids while playing with my Husband.)
This discussion has been closed.