test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance 1/8 at 7 AM PST (extended)

Comments

• ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Some of us work - might be a foreign concept to you, I dunno. I go by the timer stipulated by Cryptic, which said the event would end at a certain time, only to find out that it will be falling away early due to maintenance. That means I miss out on 3 parcels (prolly nothing since I haven't gotten <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so far) but the chance to finally snare a Battlefield Medic is ripped from my grasp. Thanks for that!

Yes some of Us do indeed have a life, so we SHOULD get used to scheduling around it and not leaving everything till the last minute. Maintenance happens here at 3pm, so I made sure my 8 toons where ready LAST NIGHT. As said, it has run for THREE WEEKS!
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well it is NEVER-Winter, poof! see ya winterfest
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes some of Us do indeed have a life, so we SHOULD get used to scheduling around it and not leaving everything till the last minute. Maintenance happens here at 3pm, so I made sure my 8 toons where ready LAST NIGHT. As said, it has run for THREE WEEKS!

Oy vey. Let me break this down for you so you can comprehend what I am trying to say. Dailies reset at 8am in the US - that's 12pm for me which means I have already been at work for some hours. So getting my toons ready the night before isn't an option because guess what, dailies haven't reset yet so your point is moot. And I am very well aware the event has been running for THREE WEEKS. It makes no difference - I was bargaining on getting those last three gifts which would have happened if the event wasn't removed EARLIER THAN INTENDED!
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Assuming the server comes back up on time, there will still be an hour of event when the servers come back up. The event doesn't actually end until the timer says it does.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Assuming the server comes back up on time, there will still be an hour of event when the servers come back up. The event doesn't actually end until the timer says it does.

Read the post by DwightMC, it says they are removing the winter festival which means that Twilight Tor will vanish into the nether for another year. Well that's my understanding anyway. Would be nice to get some clarification which would save me from all this flaming.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Read the post by DwightMC, it says they are removing the winter festival which means that Twilight Tor will vanish into the nether for another year. Well that's my understanding anyway. Would be nice to get some clarification which would save me from all this flaming.

No patch notes this week. We will however be removing the Winter Event...

Seems clear...
    edited January 2015
    Anybody know what happens to toons left on the level when it is vaporized? Sent to protectors enclave, can leave but not return.. Vaporized...?
    edited January 2015
    With every other event, maintenance has ended about 9, the event has still been there until 10. Unless they are doing something different with this specific event, it will continue until the timer runs out. This isn't the first time a dev has posted confusing or conflicting information.
    edited January 2015
    Snags. Gotta hate 'em.
    edited January 2015
    Who's serve is it?
  • palad1npalad1n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    And now they say downtime extended another hour...*sigh* I too had 2 toons left to get a gift parcel when the server went down 5 minutes early, kind of a bummer.
    edited January 2015
    palad1n2 wrote: »
    And now they say downtime extended another hour...*sigh* I too had 2 toons left to get a gift parcel when the server went down 5 minutes early, kind of a bummer.

I had two toons to do my professions on when they went down early. Ah well. It happens.
    edited January 2015
    Update 4: Unfortunately due to issues found during maintenance we will need to extend maintenance until at least 10 AM. If anything changes we'll let you know.

Ah well. There goes anyone's chance to get the last hour of event in before it ended. So glad I got finished with everything except professions (on 2 of my 22 characters.)
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wlinaz wrote: »
    Anybody know what happens to toons left on the level when it is vaporized? Sent to protectors enclave, can leave but not return.. Vaporized...?

Anyone left in the zone when it ended becomes an undead fisherman. :D
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    [QUOTE=dwightmc;9834501
    Update 4: Unfortunately due to issues found during maintenance we will need to extend maintenance until at least 10 AM. If anything changes we'll let you know.[/QUOTE]

You've discovered the true source of Tiamat lag and are fixing it as we speak?!??! :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    You've discovered the true source of Tiamat lag and are fixing it as we speak?!??! :)

a man can only dream
    edited January 2015
    Anyone left in the zone when it ended becomes an undead fisherman. :)

Nice. Chuckle of the day...
    Love it!
  • peterrisenpeterrisen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I understand they are still keeping the vendor, but I still had fish that I was turning in when the server went down right after the 5 min warning. Any chance I can still turn in the fish at the vendor (no barrels)?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rabbinicus wrote: »

We know the source already. They didn't fix it completely like they claimed to have.
  • farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Fingers crossed for some companion idle slots/bank slots/all of the above on sale!
    Mainly the companion idle slots. No room to swap them out ><
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • kosmos1988kosmos1988 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah.. I even set my alarm clock to be able to have 1-2 hours left on the event. I thought the maintenance would start when the winterfestival was ending :( Oh well
  • peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have a bad feeling all my celestials will wanish :/.And cant wait for info on drow armour!I hope they say atleast something about it...
  • gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We'll be performing scheduled maintenance tomorrow 1/8 at 7 AM PST. Estimated downtime is 2 hours but could be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

Why does Maintenance & Event endings [sometimes beginnings] have to occur on the same day...and even worse 3 hours before the end of an event in which "extended due to unforeseen circumstances" prematurely ends an event?

Would make sense if you had to take down the server to load/unload event, but that's not the case...
    why not do Maintenance OR end Events on Wednesdays instead during the most hectic time during an event?

Only answers I could come up with is... it's an attempt to make people break out their wallets to buy those last items needed and/or people ACTUALLY break out their wallets to buy those last items needed?

If that's NOT the reason... then please consider staggering Maintenance & Event endings.

Thanks [if you read this far]
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • rattler29rattler29 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We'll be performing scheduled maintenance tomorrow 1/8 at 7 AM PST. Estimated downtime is 2 hours but could be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

No patch notes this week. We will however be removing the Winter Event, adding new Weekly Sale items and also including a Last Chance vendor for the Winter Event (if you have any left over event currency).

We'll keep you updated here once maintenance begins.

Thanks
    Dwight

Update 1 7:05 AM PST - Maintenance has begun.
    Update 2 8:00 AM PST - Maintenance is progressing as planned. We'll keep you updated if anything changes.
    Update 3 8:35 AM PST - Looks like we hit a bit of a snag, at this point it doesn't seem like it is going to delay us by much at all, but we'll keep you posted.
    Update 4: Unfortunately due to issues found during maintenance we will need to extend maintenance until at least 10 AM. If anything changes we'll let you know.

You are running Maintence past the End of the Festival. I have not had a chance to get the last free items from the mayor quest..(forget what its called)..are you going to extend the Festival an hour so we can do the last mayor quest (its the second one, cant remember the name, gives you the free item from the game store)
  • drastyk1drastyk1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    cant wait till spring event- gonna get the pig mount and pet
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rattler29 wrote: »
    You are running Maintence past the End of the Festival. I have not had a chance to get the last free items from the mayor quest..(forget what its called)..are you going to extend the Festival an hour so we can do the last mayor quest (its the second one, cant remember the name, gives you the free item from the game store)

Considering the post you quoted clearly states they are removing the festival with this maintenance, I'm guessing the answer is no. You had all morning to get your freebies. I missed a few also, but they were free and pretty much everything from the parcels is now dirt cheap on the AH anyways (respective to their previous prices).
  • synslaughtersynslaughter Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, I really am going to miss Twilight Tor. The new additive of the daily gifts, the cute little sprite, the free Zen market items (the winter wolf mount, the healing stone, the courtesan's outfit, etc.), all were lovely, in addition to all the fun items and activities from last year's Winter Festival. Not to mention that the zone itself is - to put it mildly - very easy on the eyes. Loved the music track, too. It was great last year, even better this year! Lots and lots of thank-yous to everyone who made that happen. I'm looking forward to the next event (maybe a CtA?)

Server/system issues that cropped up aside, I hope you guys had a wonderful holiday.
    I have the ability to heal you. A shield to protect you. Blades to slay your foes. Magic! So I'm a tiefling, so what? We have a common enemy, and a common goal. Here, you can put ornaments on my horns if it'll put you at ease.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015

i knew it....
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »

i knew it....

No one ever learns from Scotty.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Did the server hamsters unionize?
This discussion has been closed.