test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Servers down?

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They just tweeted that they're aware of the issues and working on it right now.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    TO: Cryptic Studios <cryptic@crypticstudios.com>
    SUBJECT: The Raid

The DDOS attacks will continue until you cease this raid!

Sincerely,
    Your Dragon Goddess Queen
  • Options
    kcscott11kcscott11 Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2014
    phew thought it was only me...

I felt the same way, after finding out its everyone, im still Pi**** I cant play the game lol. Happy New Years!!!
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Lizard Squad Offering DDoS Attacks That Took Down Xbox Live, PSN For Sale
    International Business Times‎ - 5 hours ago
    By Abigail Elise @theabigailelise on December 31 2014 9:04 AM. Share on facebook. 0. Share on twitter. 0.

I wouldn't be shocked if lizard squad is behind it

O.o

This is... scary and funny at the same time
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    lordnwlordnw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Nay, Mystra just went dormant during 4th edition. Mystra is magic given consciousness and the Weave is her Order. Without "Mystra," magic has no consciousness. The only way to destroy her permanently is to destroy all of magic, and since magic was originally a part of Selûne and Shar, I doubt they'd let that happen. Hence why Shar wanted her "Shadoweave" back. Anyway, with the dawn of 5th Edition, Mystra was able to reincarnate herself once again with the help of her Chosens and remove all remaining traces of the Spellplague upon Toril, reasserting herself as supreme deity over all Magic and Time once again.

Or in RL-speak, it went something like this.

Ed Greenwood and other FR writers: These 4e changes to the Realms are stupid, the fans will hate them.

Wizards of the Coast: Fourth Edition is going to revolutionize the game! We're updating the Realms to match it!

Ed: Don't do it. They're gonna hate it, we're warning you!

Wizards: Did it!

Fans: WTF did you morons do to D&D and the Realms?!? WE HATE THIS!

Ed: Told you. C'mon guys, let's figure out a way to fix all the stupid Wizards pulled...
  • Options
    blackmonalisablackmonalisa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pointsman wrote: »

Sincerely,

well, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...
  • Options
    ponage84ponage84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They just made a post saying they are working on the issue with neverwinter on the forums. They said they are going to keep us posted to let us know when the issues with dcing will be fixed. Trust me I want to play just as much as everyone else. Since this is my after work destresser.
  • Options
    kcscott11kcscott11 Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2014
    Well, Im going to have to actually physically do something now :-( I cant be lazy anymore??
  • Options
    hollowlaughterhollowlaughter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pointsman wrote: »

Sincerely,

i admit it i laughed
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Lizard Squad Offering DDoS Attacks That Took Down Xbox Live, PSN For Sale
    International Business Times‎ - 5 hours ago
    By Abigail Elise @theabigailelise on December 31 2014 9:04 AM. Share on facebook. 0. Share on twitter. 0.

I wouldn't be shocked if lizard squad is behind it

Ok so its actually a thing, they sell a DDoS attack software: http://lizardstresser.su/
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Typical. Social media before official game forums. Makes perfect sense.

Irritating as it is (especially for those of us who don't use social media), most people are logged in to Facebook/Twitter all the time and check it before they'll ever check a game forum. You'd think they could post here first and just link it on social media though....
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bummer. And, to correct a former message, the people at Cryptic should NOT be off work today - tomorrow is the holiday. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kcscott11 wrote: »
    Well, Im going to have to actually physically do something now :-( I cant be lazy anymore??

Eat a donut, that'll shed some pounds off your rear.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    lordnw wrote: »
    Or in RL-speak, it went something like this.

Ed Greenwood and other FR writers: These 4e changes to the Realms are stupid, the fans will hate them.

Wizards of the Coast: Fourth Edition is going to revolutionize the game! We're updating the Realms to match it!

Ed: Don't do it. They're gonna hate it, we're warning you!

Wizards: Did it!

Fans: WTF did you morons do to D&D and the Realms?!? WE HATE THIS!

Ed: Told you. C'mon guys, let's figure out a way to fix all the stupid Wizards pulled...
    Pretty much. The lore and events of the realms are back in the hands of Ed, Salvatore, and other notable authors. All is well one again, the Third Sundering has been told and come to pass. Behold, the Realms we do adore.
  • Options
    olafthegreatolafthegreat Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There's also a post on Facebook saying they're aware of the problems... wonder how long it will take them to figure things out
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014

If it's like any company, they have different people managing social media and the official forums.

And the time between the tweet and the official post was about 4 minutes.:rolleyes:
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    scammerzascammerza Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If it was a ddos attack, then i think they would take the webserver hosting the forums & site etc down too ;)
  • Options
    cetangleskacetangleska Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They posted in the forums 5 minutes ago. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?818711-Unexpected-Server-Problems-12-31-14
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    If it's like any company, they have different people managing social media and the official forums.

And the time between the tweet and the official post was about 4 minutes.:rolleyes:

I don't think the normal people are here, Heyrogers is the one talking to us, not Akro or Dwight
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • Options
    forfidforfid Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Im having the same issue, just started this morning.
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2014

Hey guys, we're looking into the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

• Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, I needed to quit procrastinating on a research project and do some housecleaning anyway. I guess this is a good reason to actually do something productive and play later.

Also I'm pretty sure it's not a good idea to link to a group's webpage that sells DDoS attack software, but I dunno the forum rules on that as well as I should....
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Can we have a Fawn joke contest in the meantime? With the prize of an Epic BOE Fawn?
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    abell39 wrote: »
    Well, I needed to quit procrastinating on a research project and do some housecleaning anyway. I guess this is a good reason to actually do something productive and play later.

Also I'm pretty sure it's not a good idea to link to a group's webpage that sells DDoS attack software, but I dunno the forum rules on that as well as I should....

Yeah, I'm probably gonna regret it, but too late now....
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

yea, ofc you are lookin in this, when it's about servers being down , you should act as fast as possible..
  • Options
    zac1988zac1988 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

any idea whats up with it
  • Options
    doropabodoropabo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Stop all crying look DEV'S answer

Today, 11:19 AM #
    heyrogers

Unexpected Server Problems - 12/31/14
    Hey everyone,

We are aware of the problems that are occurring for Neverwinter right now. We'll keep you updated on our progress towards a solution

Today, 11:28 AM #
    akromatik

This discussion has been closed.