test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Servers down?

Comments

• scammerzascammerza Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    drakkenfel wrote: »
    With so many servers having issues and no response on social networks, they may be having Firewall issues. It could be a DoS attack to inconvenience the players.

Yea some guys with a botnet must be real angry to use it to ddos NW.
  • proxiehunterproxiehunter Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2014
    I'm also getting this error when attempting to launch through Arc.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    Speaking of which... I thought Mystra and the Weave were destroyed?
    Nay, Mystra just went dormant during 4th edition. Mystra is magic given consciousness and the Weave is her Order. Without "Mystra," magic has no consciousness. The only way to destroy her permanently is to destroy all of magic, and since magic was originally a part of Selûne and Shar, I doubt they'd let that happen. Hence why Shar wanted her "Shadoweave" back. Anyway, with the dawn of 5th Edition, Mystra was able to reincarnate herself once again with the help of her Chosens and remove all remaining traces of the Spellplague upon Toril, reasserting herself as supreme deity over all Magic and Time once again.
  • cetangleskacetangleska Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm getting a message that says "Attempting to update the launcher". It times out after 5 tries.
  • scammerzascammerza Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm getting a message that says "Attempting to update the launcher". It times out after 5 tries.
    Same with the rest of us..
  • odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Same here.

Happy New Years!!
  • kcscott11kcscott11 Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2014
    lol thats the whole reason this thread is here!!!
  • blackmonalisablackmonalisa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I really hope the Hamsters are ok. Poor things so under appreciated.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    same here the server went out to celebrate the new year
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Are you working today? No. You aren't. Therefore, you cannot expect all of the Employees at Cryptic to be working today either.

You know nothing about me.

I got to work at 3am this morning, got home at noon, before I could take my coat off or sit down my boss calls me and keeps me on the phone for an hour so we can work out a customer service issue. He could call me at 11:30pm tonight and tell me to come to work to solve some problem and I would have to in order to keep my job. It is what my job demands of me because it is what our customers expect.

I did not post anything out of line, simply that it would be professional to have SOME kind of word about this. Not problem solved or anything, just "hey we know about this and are on it". Not a big deal.
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They just posted to FB that they're investigating the server issues....
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    and servers are down again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • princessjosieprincessjosie Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2014
    Someone said they did it on purpose to force us to spend new years eve with our family. *giggles* Good thing I did my prayers and got my free presents earlier. I already did all my party shopping.... so now I just have to kill about 8 hours... *tries to play the game* .....D; *must find an alternative way to waste 8 hours*

This just in.... GW2 doesn't have server problems like these. ;D >>eh-hehehehehehe! Guild Wars 2!!!<< *is happily content now*
  • cetangleskacetangleska Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I want compensation for missed skirmishes. I want compensation for missed Arena PvP....Sigh, since that isn't going to happen, I'd simply like to play the game. Thanks
    scammerza wrote: »
    Same with the rest of us..
    edited December 2014
    Someone said they did it on purpose to force us to spend new years eve with our family. *giggles* Good thing I did my prayers and got my free presents earlier. I already did all my party shopping.... so now I just have to kill about 8 hours... *tries to play the game* .....D; *must find an alternative way to waste 8 hours*

This just in.... GW2 doesn't have server problems like these. ;D >>eh-hehehehehehe! Guild Wars 2!!!<< *is happily content now*

been thinking of gw2, but gotta buy two copies :-\ One for me, one for the wife.... but if its worth it...
  • mknance2008mknance2008 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nobody is going to bother attacking cryptic with a DDS attack, it's not anywhere near mainstream enough to deserve that much attention

Lizard Squad Offering DDoS Attacks That Took Down Xbox Live, PSN For Sale
    International Business Times‎ - 5 hours ago
    By Abigail Elise @theabigailelise on December 31 2014 9:04 AM. Share on facebook. 0. Share on twitter. 0.

I wouldn't be shocked if lizard squad is behind it
  • b2owb2ow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    soozgee wrote: »
    Can't connect to the Gateway ("Neverwinter Gateway is currently undergoing maintenance."). Can't use the game client (unable to establish connection to patch server).

What now ?

Gateway is in maintenance. I was in game at white dragon, dragon landed and broke the game. Most of that is true, lol. I got server is not responding, then booted. Tried numerous times to log back in, failed miserably. Left game entirely and then can't get to log in screen. It is hosed for the time being.........
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2014

-_- Why. WHY. WHAT IS THE POINT. MISERABLE <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

On another note, happy new year!
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    armitchell wrote: »
    I am sure just like every other time servers drop, they will definitely come back up soon as they know what is wrong.
    I am also sure alot of impatient people will continue to make rude comments here lol.

Found you!
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • patriot6984patriot6984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    b2ow wrote: »
    Gateway is in maintenance. I was in game at white dragon, dragon landed and broke the game. Most of that is true, lol. I got server is not responding, then booted. Tried numerous times to log back in, failed miserably. Left game entirely and then can't get to log in screen. It is hosed for the time being.........

Same as everyone. The issue will be fixed when the issue is fixed.
  • olafthegreatolafthegreat Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    phew thought it was only me...
  • zac1988zac1988 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    why are they blaming it on my internet when if it was my internet how am i posting this
  • unnoticedshadowunnoticedshadow Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Before you administrators say something, I know about the thread below me. I've searched this forum looking for various solutions and found them all, to which, haven't been helpful. I just did this to call your attention. It seems that this has been going on for quite some time, and maybe for some players, hasn't been resolved. Please look into it. A player will launch the game and have a box popup that will attempt to connect to the server. After a certain number of tries, there will be an error stating that it is unable to do so, check your internet. We are a mixture of players who pay and who don't, but please look at us as individuals who cherish and love to play your game. Fix this please, or offer a new alternative. Thank you.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They just tweeted that they're aware of the issues and working on it right now.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    TO: Cryptic Studios <cryptic@crypticstudios.com>
    SUBJECT: The Raid

The DDOS attacks will continue until you cease this raid!

Sincerely,
    Your Dragon Goddess Queen
    edited December 2014
    phew thought it was only me...

I felt the same way, after finding out its everyone, im still Pi**** I cant play the game lol. Happy New Years!!!
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Lizard Squad Offering DDoS Attacks That Took Down Xbox Live, PSN For Sale
    International Business Times‎ - 5 hours ago
    By Abigail Elise @theabigailelise on December 31 2014 9:04 AM. Share on facebook. 0. Share on twitter. 0.

O.o

This is... scary and funny at the same time
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • lordnwlordnw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Nay, Mystra just went dormant during 4th edition. Mystra is magic given consciousness and the Weave is her Order. Without "Mystra," magic has no consciousness. The only way to destroy her permanently is to destroy all of magic, and since magic was originally a part of Selûne and Shar, I doubt they'd let that happen. Hence why Shar wanted her "Shadoweave" back. Anyway, with the dawn of 5th Edition, Mystra was able to reincarnate herself once again with the help of her Chosens and remove all remaining traces of the Spellplague upon Toril, reasserting herself as supreme deity over all Magic and Time once again.

Or in RL-speak, it went something like this.

Ed Greenwood and other FR writers: These 4e changes to the Realms are stupid, the fans will hate them.

Wizards of the Coast: Fourth Edition is going to revolutionize the game! We're updating the Realms to match it!

Ed: Don't do it. They're gonna hate it, we're warning you!

Wizards: Did it!

Fans: WTF did you morons do to D&D and the Realms?!? WE HATE THIS!

Ed: Told you. C'mon guys, let's figure out a way to fix all the stupid Wizards pulled...
  • blackmonalisablackmonalisa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    TO: Cryptic Studios <cryptic@crypticstudios.com>
    SUBJECT: The Raid

The DDOS attacks will continue until you cease this raid!

Sincerely,
    Your Dragon Goddess Queen

well, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...
  • ponage84ponage84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They just made a post saying they are working on the issue with neverwinter on the forums. They said they are going to keep us posted to let us know when the issues with dcing will be fixed. Trust me I want to play just as much as everyone else. Since this is my after work destresser.
This discussion has been closed.