test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRs and balancing a look at the current state of TRs in PVP.

Comments

• tourtastourtas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    to sum it up:
    With just using lashing blade from stealth he does +75%,+9%,+15%,+25%,+40% damage .Add to that a vorpal of any kind and you are free to go!!! .Al these buufs do not add but each buffs the next and rest.So the total number of extra damage is far bigger than the just sum.In any case it is far more than the sum of 164%.
    you forgot combat advantage :) all stealth dmg is on combat advantage
    min +25%
    i have 39,5%
    facepalm right??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc
  • monkeydluffyopmonkeydluffyop Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I feel your pain, just got through playing a round of PVP against a certain big named guild that is always running 2 TR comps in their premades. One of the TRs has posted on my forums saying TRs are fine. I died 21 times, 17 of which were from Shocking Execution. They even had the gall to put 2 TRs on one node and permashock whoever came there. Shocking up every 10 seconds at end game, so I was getting shocked once every 5 seconds between the two of them. If two of us came to the node, they'd one hit one of us, toy with the other then shock him as well. One of their team even had the nerve to say GG in PMvsPM after the match as though we fought a fun fair round.

This is absolutely killing PVP, for the love of the gods Devs fix this please!

ermahgerd! for god's sake! ;)
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ermahgerd! for god's sake! ;)

I know right? It's so lame. Hopefully the Devs will fix it.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• nolashmendesnolashmendes Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    how about no weapon enchants during pvp??
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The easiest solution to shocking is REALLY simple: Im fine with it bypassing DR, but it should NOT bypass tenacity. Also would be REALLY fair if shocking could be deflected too... Just seems silly that SE can bypass ALL types of DR, even tenacity, and also cant even be deflected.

Other sources of damage that bypass DR as well, need to still respect tenacity.
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    The easiest solution to shocking is REALLY simple: Im fine with it bypassing DR, but it should NOT bypass tenacity. Also would be REALLY fair if shocking could be deflected too... Just seems silly that SE can bypass ALL types of DR, even tenacity, and also cant even be deflected.

Other sources of damage that bypass DR as well, need to still respect tenacity.
    everything should respect dr....everything.
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I feel your pain, just got through playing a round of PVP against a certain big named guild that is always running 2 TR comps in their premades. One of the TRs has posted on my forums saying TRs are fine. I died 21 times, 17 of which were from Shocking Execution. They even had the gall to put 2 TRs on one node and permashock whoever came there. Shocking up every 10 seconds at end game, so I was getting shocked once every 5 seconds between the two of them. If two of us came to the node, they'd one hit one of us, toy with the other then shock him as well. One of their team even had the nerve to say GG in PMvsPM after the match as though we fought a fun fair round.

Yes, like TR's killed PvP in mod 1 and were consequently nerfed into hell.
    Or like how GWF's killed PvP in mod 2 and were consequently nerfed into hell.
    Or CW's in Mod 3, and HRs in Mod 4.

Hopefully we're seeing a pattern here.
    Honestly, this isn't the end of the world. Just stop acting like jackasses. Stop asking for nerfs, buffs, and fixes and start asking PWE to stop forcing meta shifts.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014

I think I know which guild you are referring to...or at least based on the responses here which just confirms it. I thought the responses would be better and more mature but I guess Trace isn't here anymore.

Anyways, I would recommend every single guild to run with 2xTRs. TRs are still overpowered. I don't blame any guild running 2x TRs. If you don't run a troll comp, then you are going to face one and suffer. I blame the devs letting classes be overpowered for a long time and then over-nerf them.
    edited December 2014
    I think I'm fine with Shocking Execution, perhaps few more changes has to be done to it in the near future, but I'm fine with it. It's balance when 1 class can deal with certain classes and the same thing when another class has the ability to counter that class. For example, Intimidation build GWF has a very nice damage burst, they can kill other classes if they play good. Similarly to TRs, a decent TR can kill people with 1 shot S.E (ofc when you have low HP and messed up your rotation/timing/dodging) but TR also has a chance to get wrecked by a good trapper build HR/CW/CW+GWF/DPS DC.

But again, Dom PvP is about teamwork, not about to compare KDR when you solo a TR. If you can't deal with TR by yourself, call for help from another teammate and get a lot of practice to TR after that. ;) We all need practice, and it's much easier to practice with TRs after their latest changes. Can't you see the effect on latest TR changes? It filtered a lot of TRs from boring Sabo spec! :P Think positively!

- Tee hee -
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I think its really hard to dodge the dazes. I mean I'm sure people are technically able to do it, but I just have a hard time seeing as that to be the course of action to beat a TR. I think its too much of a burden to expect players to carry. Certain classes such as GWF and SW who do not have dodges are just bait I would assume.

I would love to see videos of some of the GWFs mentioned in this thread do it though.
  • bjanubjanu Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Quite close, but I'm not TR. My opinions come from DC's PoV. My own PoV, at least ;)
    Before this thing is getting real, may i ask where is your dodge? (if GWF/SW, where is your sprint?)

Where is your DC sunburst or AS, where is your CW's OF and Shield on tab?

Where is your HR's root/fox?

Don't forget GWF's AoS/Determination (zerg mode :P)

Where is your GF's block/bull charge?

For p2w option, Ohgma's Token of Free Movement is not a bad choice to get out of CC chaos and dodge/sprint off S.E

Where is your TR's ITC?

Not to mention your TR may use Smokebomb or Dazing strike hahah

If you know their team setup, it's not that hard to prepare for most of the things. We all know what TRs will do at the beginning of the match, where they go, what they will do :)

If you ask what to do when they go to your node and you have to solo them? OH NO! call your teammate or get more practice in order to 1v1 them. Or at least, turn your game sound on for a little bit more and don't mess up your rotation.

I know it's not simple as I said, but that's where TEAMWORK comes from ;D
    You can't help when your team has bad coordination though ;)

- Tee hee -

Yea that's very nice, but the problem is deeper: even when you are able to dodge the one shot they just run away dodging/deflecting every thing you throw at them - currently i rather hit gf then rogue considering the impact i make(for example out of 6 hits all were dodged 1 deflected ended up as 200 dmg -.- so cant even lifesteal from them). And once they dodged everything they re-stealth and by that time i am out of stamina so i could not even repeat the dodge. Not to mention currently rogues just camp nodes, 1v1 not possible, and they can go as far as 1v3 hindering the team easily and taking one down then running away. The impact they make in domination is trough the roof.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I think its really hard to dodge the dazes. I mean I'm sure people are technically able to do it, but I just have a hard time seeing as that to be the course of action to beat a TR. I think its too much of a burden to expect players to carry. Certain classes such as GWF and SW who do not have dodges are just bait I would assume.

I would love to see videos of some of the GWFs mentioned in this thread do it though.

think someone with good math skills can solve this pretty easy. It is only a latency/casting time thing, i;ve been on both sides of the fence regarding this issue: vs some players i cant cast/dodge anything while vs others i have all the time in the world to dodge their skills.
    edited December 2014
    I live in Australia, I have minimum 300 pings, I can still dodge the stun if I concentrate to the game.
    edited December 2014
    I live in Australia, I have minimum 300 pings, I can still dodge the stun if I concentrate to the game.

sry i;ll try this: you receive info after that delay time, your brain takes something like 600 ms to react sends info bk and checks if the hit occurred or not.
    This is getting a bit too much for my skills, but in short i;m calling you a big fat liar if you are telling me that you are reacting and successfully dodge a shadow strike or a smoke bomb. Most likely what happens is the fact that you are anticipating a skill and due numerous dodges available you sometime manage to do it, but a sprint class has to react and that is not possible.

edit: seems is 600ms to respond and not 150, and if it goes into a voluntary actions is 1300
    edited December 2014
    ortzhy wrote: »
    sry i;ll try this: you receive info after that delay time, your brain takes something like 150 ms to react sends info bk and checks if the hit occurred or not.
    This is getting a bit too much for my skills, but in short i;m calling you a big fat liar if you are telling me that you are reacting and successfully dodge a shadow strike or a smoke bomb. Most likely what happens is the fact that you are anticipating a skill and due numerous dodges available you sometime manage to do it, but a sprint class has to react and that is not possible.

Seriously, I spent my time to talk about teamwork and what possibility you can do with given skills from each class and you just slapped me with "1v1" situation argument :(
    For dodging shadow strike, you can turn your sound on for a little bit more, and ask one of your TR friend to use shadow strike on you while he's in stealth and see if you can sprint/dodge out of that stun ;)
    For 1v1, it requires a lot of practice. If you want to win your enemies, you have to know your enemies.
    But you can always ask for the help when you can't 1v1 someone
    Each class has a certain role in dom, you know it! Use them in what situation, you practice and learn it!
    -Tee hee-
    edited December 2014
    9 seconds oh my did you not notice the mention about cool down reduction with their daily? oh and by the way smoke bomb thats also in their list so daze strke and after that smoke bomb gl trs has more cc then cws right now.
    edited December 2014
    f2pma wrote: »
    this is difference betwen pvp player and a scrub.
    i talk <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in pvp if i have to and that is ok its a game.
    scrubs come on forum writing endles nerf threads
    even in mod 4 i never wrote a single negative post about cw, hr ,gwf or any other class
    instead i asked for tr changes

btw i saw plenty good players that do awsome job countering tr
    only class that has 0 chance is sw

There is no difference you either ask for buff or for debuff you still consider a single class.
    I can post a list about how could pvp hr archer be improved in order to hold his ground vs tr, but that would not chance the problems other classes are facing considering trs. So buffing under powered and debuffing overpowered seems to address more people at once.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1) Buy a Poking Stick.
    2) Jab people with it during PvP.
    3) See if it works on Lostmauth too, or Malabog.

I'm out of sensible suggestions here. TR has been the spectrum from "kick them, they're useless" to "OMG OP nerf it nao!"

I'm going to see about investing in that stick....
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The main problem with PvP is planning and communication

Really

UrLord
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm out of sensible suggestions here. TR has been the spectrum from "kick them, they're useless" to "OMG OP nerf it nao!"
    Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor!

The only solution other classes can have is wait till a fix. I fought against people of Exodus and Purple Dragon and it was like a piece of cake to slice through them. They only won the match because they had TS while i was on a random group.

The only thing you can do against an TR is set him against a good equipped GF or an good TR Wisperknife scoundrel. Sometimes an healing cleric can do the job too. But CW, HR and GWF are melting like ice in a desert.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    1) Buy a Poking Stick.
    2) Jab people with it during PvP.
    3) See if it works on Lostmauth too, or Malabog.

I'm going to see about investing in that stick....

Funny isnt? before Mod5 hits live everyone hates TR for being a dumpling class I remember a conversation with one HR "LF3M CW and GWF only NO TR PLEASE!" i send a message and asked why cant a TR join a pvp/pve premade team? and boom welcome to their ignore list.
  • unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    aderonz wrote: »
    I agree with you , TRs are getting way too many passiv stats that other classes , even with huge GS can't achieve, with no penality.
    -the 100% critical should either be changed to something like 25% bonus damage or given an ICD of at least 1 minute
    -Critical severity bonus from feats should'nt exceed a P. Vorpal
    -Piercing damage should not exist in this game
    -TR got mobility , high deflect from dex and ITC, the 25% extra deflect severity has no reason to be given to them right now.
    -Daze should be toned down to give opponents a chance to fight back
    -at-wills should not deal more than 10k damage

1.) Piercing damage IS very important, especially in some Dungeons.
    2.) Daze have the same affect as a GWF's Takedown or a CW's entangling force, they stun momentarily for about the same duration.
    3.) At-Wills SHOULD deal as much damage as possible.

I have played with TR's in VT, CN, and eLoL and let me tell you..they ROCK. If you strip these out, TR's will have NO PLACE in most dungeons. respect them for PvP ONLY.... but dear God let them do what they do SOOOO WELL in PvE.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    k9madrush wrote: »
    Funny isnt? before Mod5 hits live everyone hates TR for being a dumpling class I remember a conversation with one HR "LF3M CW and GWF only NO TR PLEASE!" i send a message and asked why cant a TR join a pvp/pve premade team? and boom welcome to their ignore list.

Its a little different. There is a big difference between being able to fill your AP, press a button (SE) and 1 shot someone. Versus being a contender in PVP.

There is a balance but currently MOST classes actually have fair balance maybe aside from the SW (GF is amazing buff bot just no fun to play). However the TR is on its own level... No class can really compete against that.

You know its broken when you have more than 40k HP and get 1 shot by SE. Dont forget, classes like GWF cant even dodge it at all because their "sprint" only gives a DR boost, but wait! SE ignores all DR.

Just go unstoppable? Oh wait! Ignores DR.

Just stack tenacity - you know that PVP resilience stat that makes all damage do less damage? OH WAIT! Ignores that too!
  • ratattacksratattacks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1.) Piercing damage IS very important, especially in some Dungeons.
    2.) Daze have the same affect as a GWF's Takedown or a CW's entangling force, they stun momentarily for about the same duration.
    3.) At-Wills SHOULD deal as much damage as possible.

I have played with TR's in VT, CN, and eLoL and let me tell you..they ROCK. If you strip these out, TR's will have NO PLACE in most dungeons. respect them for PvP ONLY.... but dear God let them do what they do SOOOO WELL in PvE.

1) Piercing is irrelevant in dungeons as everyone has now ~25% arm pen.
    2) Daze works nowhere near as takedown stun's. Stun duration is affected by deflect, in your case 75%-85% reduction, while daze is NOT.
    3) At-wills should NOT do 12-22k dmg like GC, nor CoS should proc piercing dmg multiple times.
    edited December 2014
    My DC can pop a daily every minute or two without trying hard. Likewise my CW. My SW is a little slower but still faster than your TR. All are around the same GS and only the CW has any Siveries in Offence slots - two R6 enchants.

You built a TR specifically focussed on high Recharge while gimping other stats and it STILL has worse AP generation than 3 other classes. Thanks - you just proved my point for me.

I hear ya'. My 18.2k gs CW can daily TWICE in about a minute and some seconds.. I know because I can send 2 ice knives into a dragon that takes only about a minute or so to kill in the WoD
  • k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Its a little different. There is a big difference between being able to fill your AP, press a button (SE) and 1 shot someone. Versus being a contender in PVP.

There is a balance but currently MOST classes actually have fair balance maybe aside from the SW (GF is amazing buff bot just no fun to play). However the TR is on its own level... No class can really compete against that.

You know its broken when you have more than 40k HP and get 1 shot by SE. Dont forget, classes like GWF cant even dodge it at all because their "sprint" only gives a DR boost, but wait! SE ignores all DR.

Just go unstoppable? Oh wait! Ignores DR.

Just stack tenacity - you know that PVP resilience stat that makes all damage do less damage? OH WAIT! Ignores that too!

sometimes your on top and sometimes your at the bottom in previous mods rogues got disrespected and humiliated now its our time to collect bodies and pile them up on our K/D list Im aiming for another 1k kills to add to my current 3.6k kills this week and thats solo queue I dont like premade team.

Its just the same with your roar+prone+IBS rotation in the old times right? and way back then we got only 2 dodges and cant kill other class because whiners destroyed rogues and made them assassins who cant kill so dont feel bad its our turn to shine so sit back and enjoy the show.
    edited December 2014
    ratattacks wrote: »
    1) Piercing is irrelevant in dungeons as everyone has now ~25% arm pen.
    2) Daze works nowhere near as takedown stun's. Stun duration is affected by deflect, in your case 75%-85% reduction, while daze is NOT.
    3) At-wills should NOT do 12-22k dmg like GC, nor CoS should proc piercing dmg multiple times.

In case you were not aware, PvE mobs and such are based on Armor Class, as they do not have a "GS". ArP ignores a portion of this.. ArP is important. Fact
    Daze can be mitigated by moving away from the TR once you are dazed...with takedown, and Entangling force, you CANNOT move and take more damage is a shorter amount of time. Fact
    Like I said, defuff them for PvP, but LEAVE THEM ALONE for PvE.
  • ratattacksratattacks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    25% arm pen, is more than enough for any class in PvE
    and again daze CANNOT be mitigated by deflect, you can walk out of smoke bomb and dont stant like a bot sure, but the daze duration gets its full 2.5 seconds effect, 5 if you are scoundrel, while when stuns get deflected they literally last half a second. How's that working similar when ones duration is affected by deflect while other isn't.
    edited December 2014
    In general i have a big problem with classes being able to disengage so fast at 10% hp. TR and GWF/SW most of all, these classes should have a rework done, like gwf/sw to bleed at low hp and sprint too much(not limit the combat capability, but limit the disengage) while TR should stay visible.

You just shouldnt be able to run half the map at 5% hp and hell you shouldnt be able to go stealth at 5% HP.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    free2pay wrote: »
    TRs are OP beyond beliefs, each of the following aspect makes TR superior:
    1) Stealth (THE ultimate defense mechanism and it regens, at least make it work similar to Divinity where they need to spam at will to gain it)
    2) High Crit Chance and Severity (Dex super synergy)
    3) High Deflect (which reduces CC and see point 1 and 2)
    4) High base damage (At will and lashing blade, and see point 2 and 10)
    5) Fastest Cooldown (and see point 1)
    6) Best Dailies (Shocking Execution and Bloodbath)
    7) Smoke bomb (is so much better than Astral Shield yet allow to exist) not only stops all attacks, it does damages and it dazes and it slows for an AOE so wide and last so long. This truly should be a Daily, NOT an encounter with short cooldown.
    8) Dazes from crits (see point 2, 4, 5 - so not only is it not good enough that TR can one shot, this ensure TR finish the job, bravo)
    9) Dodges refill stealth (weird, why don't dodges refill Divinity?)
    10) Piercings (see point 4 and 2)

Clearly, something has got to give. While they are considering 2s stealth reveal...what about point 2 to 10???? Who in the right mind think it's a good idea that the best offense should also possess the best defense? Why play other classes then? Can Jack Emmert look into this?

The way you post this list of TR powers is composed in a way to make people agree with you.
    Yet you have beguiled everyone.

No one TR can have all that you listed above.

Only scondrel class has dazes from crits.
    Only sab class has fast cooldown
    Only Sab and Executioner have peircing damage.
    (sab peircing comes when in stealth and is not very high)
    (exe peircing comes from capstone feat and is based on half the original damage done so can be very high)

also stealth does not regen in combat while you are being attacked. you have to slot encounters to refill stealth in combat or go sab for feats that refill with any encounter when hit from behind or once
    every 15 seconds.

By the way... smoke bomb has a delay before it activates on players. You can walk out of it or escape it with ease. I love how you make it seem like the best skill ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!