test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mod 6=2 HUGE things 4 big things 1 medium thing 1 totaly strange and unexpected thing

Comments

• thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hoping the big announcement is all the core classic D&D classes (not in already) are confirmed for development (Paladin/Monk/Bard/Druid)

Also Doubt we would get more paragon feats for 10 more levels. Likely they would have a new set of branches of Epic feats (some of which were ability pnt boosts), since 61+ constitutes epic progression (as 21+ does in PnP). This would be much more easy to balance as well.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "unexpected feature " = no new Artifact gear !
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    heyrogers wrote: »
    As for the things coming in the next module - I can confirm that one of the things will NOT be Artifact Underwear (unless nobody has told me about it yet).

*coughs* I hope you realize that artifact underwear could very much be considered shirts and pants in NW (it is armor's underwear afterall) ;)

And while that was rather harsh it would be really nice to see more 5-20 dollar purchases. There are a lot more players than whales.

Then again I despise the very notion that a single big thing is better than a lot of small. Drizzt beat the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of Wulfgar by hitting him many times rather than with one big hit. Muhammad Ali is a record breaking champion by *not* trying to knock people out every punch.

Economics is no different. A million people spending one dollar is factually better for an economy than one person spending a million. I don't see why only a handful of video games (regrettably not NW) have figured this out.

But in any case thanks for answering the questions. It is appreciated and insightful. :)

EDIT -

I just read the new responses...
    I will be the first to admit that some mistakes have been made with pricing some items in the Zen Market.
    For instance, I am still baffled that anyone buys the Trained Grizzly. It is a rare (blue) mount for 3000 Zen. Same for the Wolf of the Wild Hunt, which is 2500 Zen for an uncommon (green) mount. WHY?! The cost to upgrade those things to epic (purple) makes them the most expensive mounts in the game (aside from lockbox ones).

You have just won some of my faith back with that.

PLEASE tell me you are going to work on the costs of companion upgrades as well. The last time prices for companions were reduced the prices for upgrades (which were complained about as too expensive to begin with) went untouched.

I don't understand why the price of upgrading is virtually equal to the price of a brand new companion of that quality from the Zen Store. To me that is far more vexing than the price to buy companions (although they do need further work)

I don't mind certain things increasing in price as long as the unrealistically high priced items (sadly the majority of the store) gets adjusted.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Also please add more cosmetics to the shop for the love of all Toril...

Although it is not brought up on the forums it's one of the most common complaints when you speak to the actual players in the game. Ignore the top 10%ers who say they will only buy things with a gameplay benefit...they get surprised to find out they often are wrong.

I am sure you look at the charts and data you have...

But it's really hard to say people don't buy fashion when you don't have fashion options in the store. Yes there are a couple but as far as I am concerned those do not count. They are far too outlandish and specifc...or poorly designed.

If you added in unique looking armors and visuals like we see NPC's have rather than fairy wings you'll find more than just female characters and jokers buy them. Right now the current fashion options fall into three categories, 'Unfashionable Rich Person Who Shouldn't Touch a Weapon,' 'Skantilly Dressed Women,' and 'Holloween Costumes.'

The options just aren't appealing especially to male characters. If fashion gear which looked good (which at its simplest means consider 'would somebody wear this into combat?') was added to the store at a reasonable price ($10) AND had a means to store said appearances without taking up inventory slots people would buy it.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just dont make lvl incrase, what is the point, since our lvl is basicly gs?

Also would like to have bard as new class, third paragono for each class, and for god love NO arti armor set, please dont... unless it will be old t2 which we will be able to refine in some human(elf, dragonborn?) way.

• frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just dont make lvl incrase, what is the point, since our lvl is basicly gs?

Also would like to have bard as new class, third paragono for each class, and for god love NO arti armor set, please dont... unless it will be old t2 which we will be able to refine in some human(elf, dragonborn?) way.

Please increase the level cap purely because zav doesn't want it increased ^_^
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    1. rework T1/T2 dungeons to be T3-level quality (min GS: 13k) with a new-and-improved T3.5-level CN (min GS: 15k)

Also, a rework of GS is pretty much required now, as half the stat points aren't counted. Non-stat bonuses should also have a fixed value. And weapon/armor enchantments too!
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    So do any of these "things" involve dailies, artifact equipment and heroic encounters?
  • thehumancodexthehumancodex Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    (Post Removed)
    edited December 2014
    No, GS defines "level" to snobs who try and make it so.

Considering being lvl 60 produces a vast (too wide) variety of stats, gearscore helps a lot in segregating the potential effectiveness of a player.
    edited December 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    I can only say that I don't want the lvl cap increase. Many games I played were ruined by that feature for it's not being thought out good enough. General imbalance, weird stat scaling etc. If they want to increase the lvl cap, it'd be cool to implement epic destiny levels, that will differ from current system. New levels will require the whole new tier of PvP, severe power creep, and a freaking hell of a work in general.

I'm fine either way. At the end of the day, the stat increases are the ones that matter and you get those stat increases from levels or gearscore.

Its all about aesthetics in this case.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1 of the big things might be level cap, then a lot of things would make sense

artifacts and rp used to drain ad out of economy, also whales would get their bis for a mod, but after the increase in level cap all(most) gear would be made useless and allow players to start off on more equal ground(since not as much ad from exploits in game)

also lack of real dungeons - why spend a lot of time designing if 1 or 2 mods away theres increase in level cap and these dungeons are made worthless, old epics might be updated, maybe new epic versions of LoL/Tiamat

gear overflow(cheap boe t2) to allow everybody to get a decent base gear for new content
    Paladin Master Race
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The options just aren't appealing especially to male characters. If fashion gear which looked good (which at its simplest means consider 'would somebody wear this into combat?') was added to the store at a reasonable price ($10) AND had a means to store said appearances without taking up inventory slots people would buy it.

They should take up inventory slots as long as they are unbound. When you bind/equip them, they go to a "library" of unlocked pieces of outfit, and you can change them via drop-down menu just like companion skins. I'd certainly get some fancy outfits if it didn't clog my already limited bank...

The same should work with appearance items for weapons/armor. That way I might actually bother to try to acquire them!

Also... add them to collections in their own tab (fashion/appearance)! :D
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They should take up inventory slots as long as they are unbound. When you bind/equip them, they go to a "library" of unlocked pieces of outfit, and you can change them via drop-down menu just like companion skins. I'd certainly get some fancy outfits if it didn't clog my already limited bank...

The same should work with appearance items for weapons/armor. That way I might actually bother to try to acquire them!

Also... add them to collections in their own tab (fashion/appearance)! :D

This 100% and to add to what was said earlier more fashion that is not outlandish please. What do I got to do to get a pair of glasses for my toon? Instead a ton of crazy masks almost no one ever uses.
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Artifact armour? NO THANK YOU.

Level cap increase? NO THANK YOU.

New character class? FIX CURRENT ONES PLEASE.

New storyline, dungeons revamped, more cosmetics, better zen pricing for new players, new companions, new PvP map (as was promised BACK IN MOD 3 BTW!) new dungeons? YES PLEASE!
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This can be implemented:

- permanent affiliation to some faction (unlike gg/iwd) giving unique abilities/bonuses/food items
    - extension of DR/SHAR/IDW with extra 2 boons like Dragon campaing - possible way to revive them if they will also have new tougher mobs in these zones, probably some 25 man raids
    - update for arti/weaponsmith/armor professions allowing to craft BOP gear comparable with BOP Jewelcraft items.
    - full artefact gear - it is plain inevitable
    - Copies of existing T1/T2 with 13/15k gs, CN with 18k, VT/MC with 20k. Question what they will drop? Book for new or extended compaign with .01% chance? Very unlikely.
    - Artefact mounts with 150 speed :)
    - Companions with set bonuses - orange tier

This won't be implemented due lack of free resources:

- ability to hide armor enhancement effect like soulforged
    - ability to have several layouts with different encounters/feats, provided that player has easy way to switch them
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• laiusslaiuss Member Posts: 45
    edited December 2014
    I'm tired of those old PR tricks. "Unexpected things, huge things, big things, minor things are coming... but we won't tell you anything, you must wait (and buy some Zen in the meantime)". The one thing coming, for sure, is a new AD sink so players would buy some Zen to melt them into AD, like in the case of the cube for offhands.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Bring on the strange.

LOL! Indeed! I'm with you on that one!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dfnce wrote: »
    - Artefact mounts with 150 speed :)

I'd like that, too, but the speed would probably be 140%, in keeping with the current trend: 50 --> 80 --> 110 :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Details to follow sometime in January...
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wonder if they would add features to the Foundry to allow GMing of a Foundry Adventure? Imagine Respen's Game, with turn-based non-combat and real-time combat.

Too much?
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please, please, please no more paywalled boons. That was a horrible idea that never should have been continued in MOD5. Not only was it continued, but made significantly worse. Seriously, 3 ultra rare books you probably will only see posted far out of your budget range on AH for a single small stat upgrade? Because of this none of my toons have a single book based boon (my luck is among the worst when it comes to drops and there are better things to spend my hard earned AD on than boons of dubious effect).
  • g0dfr3yg0dfr3y Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We are currently working on the next class, but I can't speak to when or what it is.

I don't know of many official statements that any new classes are coming, so it's good to hear that they are working on one at least. New classes ought to be the bread and butter of MMOs like this one, they get players to reroll and buy boosts and cosmetic items...
    In order to break the mold of gear that just gets better than old gear, we need to add additional means of progression into the game that aren't just gear based.

Campaigns (and subsequently boons) are one example of doing that. There are other ways to extend end-game beyond just adding new gear that we are currently working on.

What does this mean? Not an increase to the level cap, that wouldn't extend the current end-game, it would kill it. Maybe they are adding some rewards to the Achievement system?
    New content will be coming in the next module, of course.

I wouldn't say that PvP is completely ignored by the devs - there have just been mostly balance adjustments. Our next module will impact both PvE and PvP gameplay - just not ready to share any details yet.

Well obviously there's going to be a new campaign. Seems that it will be like IWD and have a PvP component.
    Feature wise, the next module likely won’t contain any updates to the Foundry. However, we do have plans to add a leveling track that is completely comprised of Foundry missions and rewards, to get more people engaged in using user generated content.

If anyone's still playing this game in ten years, it will be due to the Foundry. Cryptic/PWE really ought to invest in it a bit more.
    [Q] How do you plan on fixing the Level 60 experience, now that you have ruined Tier 1 and Tier 2 Dungeoneering by placing those T1 and T2 Rewards as BoE drops from Dragon heralds and Temple of Tiamat Rewards?

[A] The best way to think of Well of Dragons is that it is a way to ensure that players get to the end-game. Why would we want players to have easier access to the end game? STAY TUNED.

Because... you are adding more "raids" like Tiamat, but with higher GS cutoffs?
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    2 Huge Things = New classes/Races.
    4 Big Things = Dungeons, Campaigns, Maps, Boons, etc.
    1 Medium thing = Something related to Foundry or PvP.
    1 Totally strange = He specifically mentioned "totally" so it should be something very strange, hard to guess.
    1 Unexpected thing = Cost of keys increased.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Totally Strange and Unexpected: They actually listened to our desires and implemented dual spec or extra power bars (for quick swapping setups).
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I predict epic and legendary artifact gear will drop in mod 6.
    I predict T1 and T2 gear will receive more refining points.
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    2 Huge Things = Bwahahahaha's
    4 Big Things = Warbling Cackles
    1 Medium thing = Raised Eyebrow
    1 Totally strange = Gnarf
    1 Unexpected thing = Snart
  • beaconhillsbeaconhills Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    guys guys guys the 1 unexpected thing might be New Paragon Path for all Classes + a new class or race included
    cause all expect only to come a new class and then new path for the new class
    so if they say unexpected .. no one is expecting New Path for The Classes we already have huh?
    Personaly i think this will be cool tho cause many players are bored from their classes trying another paragon path which they havent played yet and yet they are bored

So if this ever happen will be great an additional paragon path
    :)
    sry for my gramatic skills .. they're not good at all
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    2 HUGE things, 4 big things, 1 medium thing, 1 totally strange and unexpected thing

That's the weirdest rendition of The 12 days of Christmas I've ever seen. It doesn't even scan....
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    HUGE THING 1 - New Monk Class.
    HUGE THING 2 - Level Cap Increase to 61, with an epic feat.
    BIG THING 1 - Artifact armor sets / Artifacts Rings sets.
    BIG THING 2 - New zone, new raid.
    BIG THING 3 - New PvP patch ( double spec, maps, tournaments )
    BIG THING 4 - New tiers for T1 and T2 dungeons, with reffinements stones rewards.
    MEDIUM THING - new reffinement system.
    STRANGE/WEIRD THING - pet tournament, like Pokemon ?
This discussion has been closed.