test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mod 6=2 HUGE things 4 big things 1 medium thing 1 totaly strange and unexpected thing

Comments

• animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    heyrogers wrote: »
    I sincerely hope that I never get slapped at work...

Anyway, I went back and answered all of the questions that I hadn't gotten to before the hour mark was up and I had to bolt, as I felt that was the most fair way to finish the AMA (since I was like 30 minutes behind on question answering when the time ran out). I know a lot of people are disappointed that I wasn't able to answer their specific questions / issues in detail, but I am pretty sure that it is impossible for any one person to know the answer to every question that came up.

As for the things coming in the next module - I can confirm that one of the things will NOT be Artifact Underwear (unless nobody has told me about it yet).

are you the guy that didnt know what the new PVP set was? even though its listed in the Gateway?
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mirlegris wrote: »
    HUGE THING 1 - New Monk Class.
    HUGE THING 2 - Level Cap Increase to 61, with an epic feat.
    BIG THING 1 - Artifact armor sets / Artifacts Rings sets.
    BIG THING 2 - New zone, new raid.
    BIG THING 3 - New PvP patch ( double spec, maps, tournaments )
    BIG THING 4 - New tiers for T1 and T2 dungeons, with reffinements stones rewards.
    MEDIUM THING - new reffinement system.
    STRANGE/WEIRD THING - pet tournament, like Pokemon ?

No Monks anytime soon XD

[Q] Are we ever going to see a monk player character?
    [A] Personally, I have never been a fan of monk classes (in any game that I can think of). But, I can't say that there won't be one.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • skinlikewinterskinlikewinter Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    After Mod 5 Rise of Recycled Content

here's what I hope Mod 6 will bring from what was given to us to guess on.

HT 1 - No more area/dungeon recycling!!!!
    HT 2 - New PvP game styles (CtF, King of Hill, etc.)
    BT 1 - Lower RP requirement amounts per level of item/artifact
    BT 2 - Every box (from the five provided) during Refinement process can hold a stack of up to 99 enchantments/runestones
    BT 3 - New Queue System
    BT - Druid Class
    MT - FIX All Bugs
    S/WT - Mod launches without any new bugs.
    I show player support, by only playing Neverwinter as F2P
  • berserkrage99berserkrage99 Member Posts: 103
    edited December 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    No Monks anytime soon XD

[A] Personally, I have never been a fan of monk classes (in any game that I can think of). But, I can't say that there won't be one.

Where do you see "no monks anytime soon"? He just simply states his own personal opinion that he is not a fan of the monk class, but that his personal taste is irrelevant as to whether that class will come or not.

Anyway, the monk class is the only class in DnD that is truly my favorite, more than any class they have now or will have in the future.
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    After Mod 5 Rise of Recycled Content

Haha yes, the music in WoD. And the minidungeons. And the wooden bridges. And the foes.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • miniar0isminiar0is Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We were promised druids...
    if monks show up before druids... I'm gonna make a monk just to make it go die horribly... over and over and over... and I'll give it a dumb name... and then I'll delete it... and then I'll probably sulk for a week or more and not play... and then I'll probably come back like the addict I so am.. :(
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    miniar0is wrote: »
    if monks show up before druids... I'm gonna make a monk just to make it go die horribly... over and over and over... and I'll give it a dumb name... and then I'll delete it... and then I'll probably sulk for a week or more and not play... and then I'll probably come back like the addict I so am.. :(
    We were never promised druids. What was stated a while back, like over a year ago or longer, was that at that time, Druids were among the most asked for classes. That still seems to hold true to this day.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    We were never promised druids. What was stated a while back, like over a year ago or longer, was that at that time, Druids were among the most asked for classes. That still seems to hold true to this day.

reading the Whole ama and doing some deductions only three things are sure:

1) big things are way too many by conclusion there is a least to be a new class.
    2) they are not planning anything related to pvp in the next mod. However pvp questions were a lot.
    he wrote one thing is being worked at. Again by conclusion from what the guy asked and what rogers replied we can expect different Q for solo and premade.
    3) some new foundry contents.

about the rest, i think they were just cheap PR's words whose intent were to create expectation and nothing more.
    He described mod 6 as something as big as mod 3....thinking twice mod 3 was not that big.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    miniar0is wrote: »

and if we get a tree hugging hippie before paladin im gona force him to shapeshift, then make a stew out of him and feed it to the refugees in my profession resources bag

or i might tie him to pole in a lumber mill

or just brutally chop him to pieces and feed to draco
    Paladin Master Race
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Speaking of witch, where is my bard i promised myself?

• mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »

Actually the quote was something along the lines of (Too lazy to go find the article) Druid will be the next class they develop, they already have one they are working on.

Since SW was "in" the game with HR since beta, I'd be more likely to think that Druid released after the next (unknown) class.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    reading the Whole ama and doing some deductions only three things are sure:

1) big things are way too many by conclusion there is a least to be a new class.
    2) they are not planning anything related to pvp in the next mod. However pvp questions were a lot.
    he wrote one thing is being worked at. Again by conclusion from what the guy asked and what rogers replied we can expect different Q for solo and premade.
    3) some new foundry contents.

about the rest, i think they were just cheap PR's words whose intent were to create expectation and nothing more.
    He described mod 6 as something as big as mod 3....thinking twice mod 3 was not that big.

Mod 3 was

tenacity
    leaderboard
    new pvp type
    3 new zones
    2 new campaigns (iwd and pvp)
    new hr paragon path
    the start of heroic encounters
    the start of overload slots
    the start of overflow experience
    six new artifacts

It was a mod that shifted the neverwinter paradigm for better or worse. If that is what we are looking at for mod 6, mod 6 will be massive in many ways. If this is what it is going to be, it would show a pattern indicating that what the devs feel to be "major upgrades for the game" to be scheduled once every three mods. Either way, for better or worse, I am excited to see what it is.
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My expectations, hopes, or fears from the ambiguous statement.

2 HUGE things (these will be paradigm shifting)
    -increased level cap
    -alignment factions (such a D&D thing)

4 big things
    -new zone/campaign
    -druid class (sorry guys... paladin would likely make one of the fighter classes obsolete, and a bard would be a support class - we ALL know how popular support classes are. *waits the entire DD hour for the matchmaker to find a GF or DC for the queue*)
    -new paragons paths
    -enchantment rework

1 medium thing
    -alteration to RP paradigm (this isn't big because I don't see them completely eliminating the rare RP model)

1 totally strange and unexpected thing
    -new race... gnomes. because every player who wanted to annoy a DM in a tabletop D&D game decided to play a bloody gnome...
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    How about some fun endgame? New raids, new challenging dungeons, new guild events, new PVP maps and modes. Less dailies.
  • andikttnandikttn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My guess on one of them: HOPING its the new class!
    51zWV8f.png
    ńèЪùŁâ 70 acDC
    Nubula, Scrubula, Nutella, Ebola
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How about some fun endgame? New raids, new challenging dungeons, new guild events, new PVP maps and modes. Less dailies.

Be careful of what you ask. We were given the raid we cannot play with our friends, and it's challenging because we cannot communicate with strangers.

New raids where we can choose players we want party with, new challenging dungeons in terms of learning the strategy and not carrying random players, new PvP maps and modes with working matchmaking. Can't say anything about guilds tho.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    mh0ram wrote: »
    Actually the quote was something along the lines of (Too lazy to go find the article) Druid will be the next class they develop, they already have one they are working on.

Since SW was "in" the game with HR since beta, I'd be more likely to think that Druid released after the next (unknown) class.
    You should read the article before saying the moderators are incorrect. On matters such as that we never are as part of our responsibility is to know and relay that information to players. You are the one completely misreading/misremembering the article.

There is no promise they will be adding the druid in next. In fact he very directly says they are not working on it. It is just a class players often ask for so it is likely they will work on it soon.

"I can imagine the Druid will probably be, if not the next one that we start next, it will probably be soon, because just about everyone when they say, 'What about new classes, like the Ranger or Druid?' Those are the two they always talk about."

We do not know what the next class is. That information has not been released yet and anybody saying otherwise is misguided at best.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You should read the article before saying the moderators are incorrect. On matters such as that we never are as part of our responsibility is to know and relay that information to players. You are the one completely misreading/misremembering the article.

There is no promise they will be adding the druid in next. In fact he very directly says they are not working on it. It is just a class players often ask for so it is likely they will work on it soon.

"I can imagine the Druid will probably be, if not the next one that we start next, it will probably be soon, because just about everyone when they say, 'What about new classes, like the Ranger or Druid?' Those are the two they always talk about."

We do not know what the next class is. That information has not been released yet and anybody saying otherwise is misguided at best.
    But we want to turn into a bear and shred faces naow! =P
  • dadanddragons#6895 dadanddragons Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My guess for the "strange":

An OFFICIAL announcement that PWE no longer accepts mobile payments (BOKU, ZONG, etc). I am absolutely screwed by this.

My guess for one of the "huge" things would be a new class some time by or before Q4 2015.
  • g0dfr3yg0dfr3y Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    felomaks wrote: »
    My guess for one of the "huge" things would be a new class some time by or before Q4 2015.

And probably not much earlier than that. I believe they were working on the ranger and warlock since before launch, so it could take a while.

My guess for the Totally Unexpected is a new playable race. Not gnomes. Better something flashy that people will pay Zen to unlock, like minotaurs, winged devas, or even shardminds.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    g0dfr3y wrote: »
    And probably not much earlier than that. I believe they were working on the ranger and warlock since before launch, so it could take a while.

they are probably working on a few classes same time like
    ================= - timeline on class one
    ================= - timeline on class 2
    ================= - timeline on class 3
    ================= - timeline on class 4

so if they get in a dead end with a class design or smth they have a backup

about warlock, i think there were some warlock items dropped in beta, but that was long time ago, maybe they wanted sw at launch and went in a dead end with class design, so they needed some more time.

but anyway they should have at least a few classes in design process
    Paladin Master Race
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    they are probably working on a few classes same time like
    ================= - timeline on class one
    ================= - timeline on class 2
    ================= - timeline on class 3
    ================= - timeline on class 4

so if they get in a dead end with a class design or smth they have a backup

about warlock, i think there were some warlock items dropped in beta, but that was long time ago, maybe they wanted sw at launch and went in a dead end with class design, so they needed some more time.

but anyway they should have at least a few classes in design process
    Pretty much this. It would shock me if mod6 hasn't been in progress since before mod 4 was released to the ptr. Right now it's getting more manpower on it, but these mods are usually planned out well in advance.
  • thehumancodexthehumancodex Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    (Post Removed)
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OK, I will try this again.
    I seem to have broken a rule of some sort the first time I posted my theories, so I have been much more carful this time:

Huge: Revisiting previous Zones as higher level, Epic versions, so we can see the consequences of our actions in Game as well as effectively doubling the playable Zones. There will be Gear Score requirements starting a around 5,000 for Blacklake and going to 12,000 or even 20,000 for Whispering Caverns.

Huge: A complete overhaul of the entire Refining System in an attempt to make it both more Player Friendly and Bot Averse.

Big: Balancing Weapon and Armour Enchants so that underperforming Enchants are on Parity with Soulforged and Vorpal Enchants.

Big: Balancing Companions so that underperforming Companions are on Parity with Augments.

Big: New PvP maps with improved Rewards, including Refining Items.

Big: Underperforming Dungeons reworked to be on Parity with Open World Content (I.E. Well of Dragons, Draconic HE's).

Moderate: Release of the Third Paragon Paths for one or two Classes.

Strange and Unexpected: Playable Vampires or Flying Mounts.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • thehumancodexthehumancodex Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    (Post Removed)
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    No Monks anytime soon XD

Awesome Gameplay. Mobility, no weapons, a lot of possibility for paths.

Other possibilities :

- Paladin. Wait... We have DPS DC, (more DPS than a GWF -> the power of prayer ), Tank DC ( who is immortal -> the power of prayer ) and a viable DPS GF. Don't need a Paladin : it's redundant.

- Druid. Maybe. But, in my mind, Druid = pet class. But..pets in this game = active bonus, stats, and.. it's all. If a Druid Class come, pets should be modified. "Nature's Growth" or "Wild Shape" can be a good choice for tab mechanic.

- Bard. I love the Bard Class. But in in 4th edition... in a mmorpg like NWO... Just compare the D&D 4th Rogue, and the NWO Rogue.. the Wizard in D&D4 and the CW in NWO.. I love the Bard. I don't want a massacre.

Monk is a martial fighter, gameplay already used in many other mmorpg = more easy to adapt this class in NWO.

The question is not "the class we want", but "the class we need".

We have Magic users, whe have buffers/debuffers, we have healers, we have tanks, and we have 2 fighters : GWF, who is a ghost, compare to the Barbarian and the Defender in d&d4, and the Rogue, the most hated class.

We need an alternative. But is just my opinion, anything else. Maybe 2 class coming soon in same time.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Everyone keeps saying a new class is huge. How? We've had how many new classes since release? I think you guys are very much missing the boat on what defines huge. :cool:

Two.

Just two.

New classes are huge.
    - Druid. Maybe. But, in my mind, Druid = pet class. But..pets in this game = active bonus, stats, and.. it's all. If a Druid Class come, pets should be modified. "Nature's Growth" or "Wild Shape" can be a good choice for tab mechanic.

That is what it is in your mind. In D&D Druids are shapeshifters.
    As this is a D&D game it's a good idea to read some source material before assuming what you think is what is because the source material is king.

EDIT - Removed Some Troll Comments. Please read the rules and follow them. Tongue in cheek and sarcastic comments are still absolutely trolling and not permitted on the forums.
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That is what it is in your mind. In D&D Druids are shapeshifters.
    As this is a D&D game it's a good idea to read some source material before assuming what you think is what is because the source material is king.

Shapeshifters, yes, in 4th. I like the Druid in D&D3. In D&D4.. never played, so my apologies, and thank you for the precision.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Everyone keeps saying a new class is huge. How? We've had how many new classes since release? I think you guys are very much missing the boat on what defines huge. :cool:

I think it defines as huge in this game. What else could they do (that will realistically happen)?
    edited December 2014
    Shapeshifters, yes, in 4th. I like the Druid in D&D3. In D&D4.. never played, so my apologies, and thank you for the precision.

Druids have always been shapeshifters. The only difference is that with Fourth Edition a shapeshifting category was officially added.

Druids could never really be considered a pet class. They are more or less a cleric of nature with shapeshifting powers.

Sure they have summon spells and an animal companion however what has always set them apart from just being a specialized version of the cleric was their ability to shapeshift. Afterall the cleric has a slew of summon spells as well including many the druid has access to.

One way to look at is is by comparing them to wizards. A Necromancer is still a wizard but is a wizard that specializes in the Arcane Magic School of Necromancy. If it wasn't for shapeshifting that's all a druid would be: a cleric with a specialized set of spells and a few more item limitations. It's the shapeshifting which really defined them as their own class.

Fourth Edition added in Primal Magic and added the Shapeshifting class category but really didn't change the mechanics or fundamental behaviors of druids in major ways. It just made the differences between the druid and cleric clearer.
This discussion has been closed.