test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mod 6=2 HUGE things 4 big things 1 medium thing 1 totaly strange and unexpected thing

1235»

Comments

• pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just remembered something: the next storyline put out by WotC is going to be called "Elemental Evil". Mod 6 (at least) is going to be based off of this storyline. I don't know any specifics beyond the name about the content, but it occurs to me that Genasi would be a perfect fit for something called that. They were considered a FR race in 4E, so they could easily show up soon. They're not currently in the 5E rules, but there is going to be a new player book come out alongside the new storyline that could include them.

For a new class, there is some redundancy like GWF = Barb and GF = Paladin, so they may wait a while longer on those. Really, I thought it would have been a better start if it had been GWF and Pally instead of GWF and GF. This raises the chance for a Druid or Bard imo. Now, I'm thinking it's probably going to be a Druid, that would play well with the elemental theme as well.

As for the unexpected thing, running with my mini-games idea, what if they create some kind of carnival area? It could bring a little bit of the Summer/Winter festival fun to the game year-round, along with a Moonstone Mask vibe. I also seem to remember them saying something a long time ago about entertaining the idea of putting fishing somewhere in the game year-round. Sounds plausible to me.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pterias wrote: »
    I just remembered something: the next storyline put out by WotC is going to be called "Elemental Evil". Mod 6 (at least) is going to be based off of this storyline. I don't know any specifics beyond the name about the content, but it occurs to me that Genasi would be a perfect fit for something called that. They were considered a FR race in 4E, so they could easily show up soon. They're not currently in the 5E rules, but there is going to be a new player book come out alongside the new storyline that could include them.

I think you might be over speculating. The responses in the AMA implied that the whole combined story elements between Wizards of the Coast and Mod4/5 was a special case. And that mod 6 would be more of a "Stand alone" feel to it, more detached from the current version 5 story.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hmm, that's interesting. Really, I would kinda prefer them not being so closely linked.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pterias wrote: »

For a new class, there is some redundancy like GWF = Barb and GF = Paladin, so they may wait a while longer on those. Really, I thought it would have been a better start if it had been GWF and Pally instead of GWF and GF. This raises the chance for a Druid or Bard imo. Now, I'm thinking it's probably going to be a Druid, that would play well with the elemental theme as well.

and what about CW, SW and dps DC, they might be similar to a druid + we got 2 ranged classes and no melee since launch

paladin could play like more encounter damage oriented gf or gwf, where gf is just buff bot and gwf is mostly useless(compared to other classes)
    Paladin Master Race
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I think you might be over speculating. The responses in the AMA implied that the whole combined story elements between Wizards of the Coast and Mod4/5 was a special case. And that mod 6 would be more of a "Stand alone" feel to it, more detached from the current version 5 story.

If Mod 6 is going to revolve around "Elemental Evil", this strongly implies the Temple of Elemental Evil, which I believe has nothing to do with Tiamat or the Cult of the Dragon storyline. That said, I hope that WotC isn't dictating to Cryptic what each of their modules will be about. Somehow I doubt that Hasbro marketers and suits know anything about D&D, PnP, or what makes the two fun.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dodgo wrote: »
    ok im in ^^^^^^^^^^

1 huge thing= they'll finish the job "TR" they already gave then the SW creeping death aka SoD, CW EoTS aka 100 crit while stealth, GWF unstopable aka ITC, also got CW control with semi perma DAZE, also gave GWF Destroyer purpose as a contant huge damage boost.
    Have i missed anything?? wonder what'll then give this time? GF shield? DC healing or unlimited Target? any ideas?
  • ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Of course unexpected things could be a separation of GWF and GF by adding a barbarian path to GWF and a Paladin Path to GF and removing the shared Path. I count it as highly unlikely but stranger things have happened.
    That would be awesome! Add to that as the topping a seperate class forum for GF and GWF. With these changes the GF and GWF class would be again unique classes with their very own characteristic nature. And finally they would recieve the acknowledgement they deserve and the other classes already enjoy. This would restore my faith in cryptic.
  • herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    with NW (and life in general) I've adopted the "Open minded pessimism" philosophy.
    I don't expect anything good from anything or anyone, but I'm open to any good things coming my way XD

Best attitude in life. You're never disappointed, only affirmed, and sometimes pleasantly surprised.
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Closing this as the preview forums are the proper place to discuss mod 6. Also, the thread is well over 30 days since it was last posted in (today's posts notwithstanding).
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.