What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Battle with Tiamat - Moving Forward

Comments

• Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The performance changes don't help me at all.

It seems the lag is more generated by certain spells or something, which I can't single out unfortunately.
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Reiterating some points:

- The Blue head's AoE splat at cleric phases DOES NOT SHOW AT ALL on lower graphics settings. Every other head's splat shows without issue. Even on high graphics settings, the cleric phase is almost always lagged. There is a reaction time of basically 0 seconds even if you see the splat.

I am nearly always Blue Leader, and if not Blue Leader I'm generally at least on the Blue team, or a white team member with a blue gem just to cover in case of derping since white gem really isn't needed 90% of the time but blue head is completely impossible without gem.

The number of times I'm able to successfully activate a blue soul gem in time to prevent a mass wipe around Linu I can count on one hand. I've successfully completed Tiamat over 20 times, and been in about 15 failed instances. I have a good computer but to prevent getting hit with the single-digit FPS unable to act issue, I have to turn my graphics settings down low. This means that, despite almost always having a Blue gem, I not only cannot prevent others from being OHKOed by the blue head's breath, but I myself die to it at cleric phase all the time. If I forget to turn my settings down, I can see it and drop the gem or at least roll out of it if it's the second blue breath and my gem's already on cooldown, assuming I'm not lagging, but... This is ridiculous. This needs to be fixed.

- Heads not coming up needs to be looked at too, not just stuck cleric phase.

- Queueing has the potential to actually make things harder to coordinate, but we'll see.

- Remember earlier when I said that blue head is impossible without gem to where I take it sometimes even on white team? The value of the gems is NOT at all even, and some heads are impossible without it, impossible for some classes, or don't even need it:

Black: Subjective. If you are a GWF or SW, you cannot do this head without the gem. If you are any other class, you do not need the gem at all because you can simply dodge the breath and avoid the lethal DoT and ignore the debuff.
    Green: Vital. Without the Green gem you cannot effectively fight the green head, the poison DoT is simply a shut-out. If I end up on Black team I take green gem just in case as I don't need black gem as a class with a dodge.
    Red: Highly recommended, but somewhat doable without.
    Blue: Vital. As stated earlier this head is simply not doable without it.
    White: Nearly pointless. It doesn't work on yourself, so if you got frozen you can't help anyone else. Often everyone gets frozen so no one can use it, or nobody gets frozen. Additionally, if I'm on my TR, he's a Master Infiltrator so Impossible to Catch breaks that freeze right off. There is almost no point to the white gem and I'm willing to bet you could safely have a white team have no one with the gem and instead grab every other colour's gem to help cover other heads.

If at least three people don't have and correctly use the green and blue gems, it's not happening short of a mass last-minute zerg to those heads. Even red is questionable without a proper team. White teams not forming can be dealt with via paying attention to which ignorant fools are being useless spares at heads with full teams and sending a person or two from that team to white, but if, say, no green team forms, you might as well just leave and go do something else. (Same for Blue team, but since I almost always form it that's not as much of an issue when I run.)

- The thresholds for donating to the hoard are WAY, WAY too high. I'm OK with 1500 points for the favour, even if it is a little excessive, but if I donate 1500 points personally and that's not even 1% to the next level of the hoard reclamation? That's just ridiculous. It hasn't been above rank 1 since day one and usually doesn't even reach that.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    It's a good change but I must admit that even now Tiamat Raids look much better than before. Of course you lose from time to time and there are some leechers but even when we lose it's a close fight and I'm happy to see some improvement amongst players. Even public groups realize that in order to do sth you need to work together.

Some ppl need more time or are simply hesitant to listen but my experience with those raids is better every day. And that's good, this game is about playing some roles after all :)

That's why my feedback is positive. I like this Raid, I like it a lot.
  • Options
    soriniakovsoriniakov Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

The party splitting issues are something that we are working to clear up as soon as possible. After examining the options available to us, we have decided to convert the fight into a queued instance. Players will be able queue in groups of 5 or less and be placed into the Tiamat Temple map. The Tiamat queue is a 25 person queue and only players in the Well of Dragons zone will be able to queue for Tiamat’s Temple. We have also updated the temple lobby with 5 color-themed archways to help provide easier grouping. You can queue via the temple doors in the Well of Dragons zone or the queue UI. This should prevent parties from splitting upon entering the Tiamat instance.

Am I understanding correctly that only when each player from party press F button on temple doors, then entire group will be logged to instance?

But actually you don't need 5 color-themed archways and logging via common queue UI, logging via doors is quite enough!

Please, suggest devs an idea of hierarchical player groups:

case 1:

- group leader can receive invite to other group in order to become member of other group or add persons to his tier-2 group by himself
    - tier-2 group icons display for group leader horizontally (his own group icons display below his character icon and tier-2 group icons display from right side)
    - each person in tier-2 group is leader of his own group and one person is leader of tier-2 group additionally
    - when leader of 5 person group adds another one player into group he becomes tier-2 group leader

case 2:

- any person in ordinary group can add players to his own group in order to become member of tier-2 group (when subgroup member appears his current group icons move to right side from his character icon in horizontal order and subgroup member icon places below his own)
    - when any member of ordinary 5 person group adds another one player into his own subgroup then ordinary group leader becomes also tier-2 group leader

such feature can solve all current and possible future problems in "party area", it can be scaled in n-tier groups easily

and finally Tiamat use case:

tier-2 group members apply temple queue via doors and they move to same instance with their subgroups members. Gear score limit in such case can remains the same (10k)

the same is correct for any other possible queue for more than 5 persons with appropriate checks for required amount of players

companion icon also can be moved somewhere for tier-2 group member ui

please, spend all reqired time for implementation of correct and general solution and don't spend any time on unnecessary "fixes"
  • Options
    asthazarfasthazarf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Actually, in the mentioned layout, the 10k GS players wouldn't be carried by the 5 good DCs or GFs. In that particular case, DCs and GFs would actually be doing what they're MEANT to do, and that is to aid parties by providing support in order to make it possible for lower geared folks to have a chance at finishing.

In any case, by debuffers I didn't necessarily refer to GFs and DCs. Every class can debuff in one way or another. You call it carrying, I call it helping yourself. Those 5 people can try to lead the zerg move through chat, while stacking whatever debuffs they have in order to help the rest with their damage, instead of go all offensive for their own score, don't you think? Quite frankly it's not all that difficult...

I'm quite certain that each instance will have at least 5 players which can communicate with each other, and actually manage to lead the rest on a constructive path. Why hasn't it happened so far? Well, actually it has... I had such an instance yesterday. Checked a few people out... about 10, I think... 8 or so were under 11k. You see that, you figure you're gonna need to boost their damage or you all lose, right? That means put them all together and have them add debuffs on one and other. Some of them were declining the zerg move so, 20 or so seconds before starting, I began shouting it, others followed, and we ended up taking down 1 head to 10%, another to 60% in the first try. They needed more convincing, so I sacrificed some precious seconds of "score" to let them know that if the rest won't join the zerg, the match will be lost. Surprise, surprise! 2nd round in, all heads down to 10%!

So yeah, when you fall in this "pit" of "low GS" people, take some time to aid others so they can aid you. Unless of course you'd like everything handed out to you on a silver platter, in which case this conversation ends here. :)
  • Options
    odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To pick up two threads of conversation at the tale end of the last thread:

1. The Blue Dragon Breathe is registering as Chained Lightening in my Logs. I am registering Dodges and then it chains to me out of the Circle as far as 15 feet and kills me. Double Dodging however has broken the "chain" consistently. The Cleric bug instances have been a good place to test that. I've also been killed by Chained Lightening when I haven't been in the circle but someone in my party is, though oddly, never for non-party members. But that has happened only twice. I have no idea if the Chained-after-Dodge part is WAI.

2. The odd damage of the Legion Devils. So as a continued example: I suicide to get back to the clerics faster, and when I rez (and use a kit), I am going out the door and get hit by a Legion Devil. I should have been, and appeared to be, clean of any debuffs. It hit me for a non-critical 24k. I have 21k HP (on my CW). I registered a mitigation to only 17k in damage taken. I died instantly. One shot. And I can't figure out any explanation for that other than it completely ignored all mitigation and really hit me for the full 24k.

Now I do survive most Legion Devil hits. It's just sometimes, and often enough, to be odd.
  • Options
    moljinirmoljinir Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    freshour wrote: »
    It is a 25 man raid, if you get 25 people together, you should be able to take your group in. That is how 25 man raids work..

It is an Encounter. There are no "Raids" in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    asthazarfasthazarf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I agree that there should be a mechanism to detect and remove campers.

And no, I don't claim that to be YOUR job. However, as you pointed out, you have to earn the rewards, as you say to have done since beta. In said group, you earn your rewards by thinking of how to make it work, leading and organizing, while the pugs will earn theirs through aided brute force.

If you expect to be allowed to run with 24 people of your choosing, then yes, you want stuff to be given to you on a silver platter; it's similar to going on runs with elites only, so that success isn't only guaranteed, but effort brought down to near nothing as well.

As for those who don't bother to reply to a /tell, I've had similar feelings, until it was brought to my attention that these people may not actually speak English... as far as that goes, I can't think of any solutions.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    asthazarf wrote: »
    I agree that there should be a mechanism to detect and remove campers.

And no, I don't claim that to be YOUR job. However, as you pointed out, you have to earn the rewards, as you say to have done since beta. In said group, you earn your rewards by thinking of how to make it work, leading and organizing, while the pugs will earn theirs through aided brute force.

If you expect to be allowed to run with 24 people of your choosing, then yes, you want stuff to be given to you on a silver platter; it's similar to going on runs with elites only, so that success isn't only guaranteed, but effort brought down to near nothing as well.

As for those who don't bother to reply to a /tell, I've had similar feelings, until it was brought to my attention that these people may not actually speak English... as far as that goes, I can't think of any solutions.

I did earn my reward by gearing up and doing my fare share. I would not mind, if this would be a 10 person raid with at last some challange for high GS players. This should have been end content. They took RNG luck and piled on that by PuG luck.

I raided for years. It took month to learn the mechanics of the new end content, month till you were able to finish the fight, it was fun. Here we have easy content locked by PuG-luck. With some luck you will be able to kill Tiamat in 12 minutes. With the wrong kind of PuGs hell might freeze over before you can beat Tiamat. My story should have been an example, that one group of high GS players can outdps a 10k GS 25 ppl zerg, so the contribution of said 10k players is not brute force, but next to nothing.

We will see, if it is possible for a 5 person premade, to kill the dragon in time no matter what.

BTW, I am german and had to learn english. You dont even have to speak english to group up. Now and then I played with ppl from all over the world who did not understand one word of the english language. They bothered to ask someone, what CN, VT, lfm, CW, DC etc stands for, so they can build groups. We make new players search for groups on their own, so they have to learn the basics.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Blue Dragon Breath weapon needs to be fixed please. It is totally ruining runs by wiping the center groups when it "sneaks up" on people.
    As for turning it into a queuing instance, wouldn't it be enough just allowing teams of 5 to enter together, that way larger groups can coordinate entry times to get a better chance of teaming up together.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    monokherosmonokheros Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ]We’ve received a lot of great and insightful feedback regarding the battle with Tiamat from you guys and we wanted share with you all how we plan to implement some of it in the coming weeks.

The party splitting issues are something that we are working to clear up as soon as possible. After examining the options available to us, we have decided to convert the fight into a queued instance. Players will be able to queue in groups of 5 or less and be placed into the Tiamat Temple map. The Tiamat queue is a 25 person queue and only players in the Well of Dragons zone will be able to queue for Tiamat’s Temple. We have also updated the temple lobby with 5 color-themed archways to help provide easier grouping. You can queue via the temple doors in the Well of Dragons zone or the queue UI. This should prevent parties from splitting upon entering the Tiamat instance. As Tiamat is heavily played when she is available, this might put more strain on our queue servers than we’ve seen previously, so we’ll be monitoring the situation closely after these changes go live. Other than that, there will be no changes to the fight or instance. Our goal is to have these changes live by 12/18.

We are still investigating the issue where the battle gets stuck during the Defend the Clerics phase. We are also looking into the issue of players not getting rewards upon completion of the Tiamat event.

We realize that performance issues such as lag and low FPS rates have been among some of the top-reported issues with this module and we are working to make things run as smoothly as possible. We have also identified some things on the back-end, such as texture mip levels and texture budgets, that should reduce the chance of performance issues. We plan to introduce these in the coming weeks.

Here are a few things you can do right now to reduce the chance of performance issues:

Adjust your texture mip levels with /reduce_mip 1:
    Type this in the chat bar to reduce your texture mip level used by all textures that are drawn. In some cases, this can make the characters and environment in your game a little blurrier. To return your game to its previous state, type: /reduce_mip 0

Adjust the character detail via the options menu:
    Another thing you can do to is to reduce the graphical detail on characters. To do this, go to Options>Advanced>Character Detail and lower it to 50%. This works in a similar way to /reduce_mip 1,
    but does not affect environment or FX visual quality.

We are doing all we can to improve this encounter as much as possible. We thank you guys for your feedback, patience, and support.

thank you ladies and gentlemen at cryptic for working hard on these issues.

when can we expect to see these changes on mimic?

and will we be able to Q in with moar then 5 people in a group, since there are currently two strategies of beating tiamat. the infamous Zerg is back inforce and are clashing with the 'tactical' style you planned and have described in your live feeds. they do not work well together thou both work well. and people do not nessissarily like going with the opposing style of play.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    odd111out wrote: »
    To pick up two threads of conversation at the tale end of the last thread:

1. The Blue Dragon Breathe is registering as Chained Lightening in my Logs. I am registering Dodges and then it chains to me out of the Circle as far as 15 feet and kills me. Double Dodging however has broken the "chain" consistently. The Cleric bug instances have been a good place to test that. I've also been killed by Chained Lightening when I haven't been in the circle but someone in my party is, though oddly, never for non-party members. But that has happened only twice. I have no idea if the Chained-after-Dodge part is WAI.

2. The odd damage of the Legion Devils. So as a continued example: I suicide to get back to the clerics faster, and when I rez (and use a kit), I am going out the door and get hit by a Legion Devil. I should have been, and appeared to be, clean of any debuffs. It hit me for a non-critical 24k. I have 21k HP (on my CW). I registered a mitigation to only 17k in damage taken. I died instantly. One shot. And I can't figure out any explanation for that other than it completely ignored all mitigation and really hit me for the full 24k.

Now I do survive most Legion Devil hits. It's just sometimes, and often enough, to be odd.

I still maintain that there is a real problem with those Legion Devils. Earlier this morning I did a VT run, which also has level-65 Legion Devils. The difference is like night and day: the VT legion devils hit the way I would expect level-65 critters to hit. The Tiamat ones hit like level 67 or level 68 (or 70).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Deadly adds are what this game needs, there are a dozen more reasons to whine about BUT not about Legion Devils or Erinyes. They are supposed to be the supporting adds for the Queen of Dragons, they should have been even more powerfull imo. And NO you shouldnt be able to survive with 20k HP in Tiamat.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ]We’ve received a lot of great and insightful feedback regarding the battle with Tiamat from you guys and we wanted share with you all how we plan to implement some of it in the coming weeks.

The party splitting issues are something that we are working to clear up as soon as possible. After examining the options available to us, we have decided to convert the fight into a queued instance. Players will be able to queue in groups of 5 or less and be placed into the Tiamat Temple map. The Tiamat queue is a 25 person queue and only players in the Well of Dragons zone will be able to queue for Tiamat’s Temple. We have also updated the temple lobby with 5 color-themed archways to help provide easier grouping. You can queue via the temple doors in the Well of Dragons zone or the queue UI. This should prevent parties from splitting upon entering the Tiamat instance. As Tiamat is heavily played when she is available, this might put more strain on our queue servers than we’ve seen previously, so we’ll be monitoring the situation closely after these changes go live. Other than that, there will be no changes to the fight or instance. Our goal is to have these changes live by 12/18.

We are still investigating the issue where the battle gets stuck during the Defend the Clerics phase. We are also looking into the issue of players not getting rewards upon completion of the Tiamat event.

We realize that performance issues such as lag and low FPS rates have been among some of the top-reported issues with this module and we are working to make things run as smoothly as possible. We have also identified some things on the back-end, such as texture mip levels and texture budgets, that should reduce the chance of performance issues. We plan to introduce these in the coming weeks.

Here are a few things you can do right now to reduce the chance of performance issues:

Adjust your texture mip levels with /reduce_mip 1:
    Type this in the chat bar to reduce your texture mip level used by all textures that are drawn. In some cases, this can make the characters and environment in your game a little blurrier. To return your game to its previous state, type: /reduce_mip 0

Adjust the character detail via the options menu:
    Another thing you can do to is to reduce the graphical detail on characters. To do this, go to Options>Advanced>Character Detail and lower it to 50%. This works in a similar way to /reduce_mip 1,
    but does not affect environment or FX visual quality.

We are doing all we can to improve this encounter as much as possible. We thank you guys for your feedback, patience, and support.

Akro can we not have this in game as a hot key?
    Can you ask devs?
    All other mmo i played have this feature by pressing 1 key or like alt + F or somthing like this.
    Tipe:/reduce_mip 1 is sooo old and retro style.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    selltekkselltekk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    For the Queueing system, it may make sense to have a "Convert to RAID" option, much like LOTRO has, then if you have a full raid, the raid leader could queue it up and the organized raid would go in together...That makes sense to me...
  • Options
    desolator777desolator777 Member Posts: 58
    edited December 2014
    There's a glitch where repel works perfectly regardless of lag and activating shield for the 2nd time to repel attackers doesn't do anything under heavy lag. The monsters just sit there.

Also, I noticed that when laggy people who are running p2p programs in the background or live on the moon are in the zone, my response times go down the toilet too and I can barely hit anything they're targeting. Why is my client waiting for their actions to resolve? I don't really care what they're doing or casting or attacking or where they're standing, etc. If they want to wait 500 ms to see what the result of an action is because they think that's an acceptable state of playability then they should be the ones attacking monsters that aren't even there anymore, not me!
  • Options
    vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The queue will accessible for the entire duration of the Tiamat event and only during the Tiamat event. If you and/or your group join later in the event, it's possible that you will join in the middle of a fight and will have less time to defeat Tiamat.
    Thanks.
    You guys should minimize the waiting time in this case, and ensure every group starts in a fresh instance. I can see groups queueing at the start at the event, waiting 5-10 minutes, and getting in the middle of the fight after some other group left because it went downhill. This scenario will be really frustrating.
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Excuse me. im doing the :/reduce_mip 1 thing and nothing is happening.
  • Options
    desolator777desolator777 Member Posts: 58
    edited December 2014
    If you want a siiiiiick strategy, equip your wizard with a high end lantern then ray of enfeeblement on mastery and light them all off at once on a head. It basically dies instantly. Theoretically you could almost double the damage that the party does to it by yourself. I did it on the white head and we won with 4 seconds left.
  • Options
    aidek0aidek0 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would suggest some alterations to the Tiamat fight. I do not know how easy it is to implement, coding-wise, but I believe in my opinion that it would bring the Tiamat fight better to its right and bringing it back more to the way the devs designed it.

1. The gems should only protect the wearer/user. - The reason for this alteration, is that at this moment people are grouping up at 1 head and fighting her 1 head at a time. Tiamat does a might attack, but oh wait - this one guy uses a gem to protect all 25 players. I wouldnt mind seeing 20 flee for their lives when Tiamat gets ready for a big attack.

2. Recheck the Gem CD and let it be equal to the CD of Tiamat's big attack. - This way wearers of the gem can protect themselfs when ever it fires. I believe at this time, Tiamat does her big attack about 3 times in the 2 min fighting fase. This could be increased or decreased depending on how the tactics of the players develops, meaning: If players still charge in without fear of their own lives or time wasted, then increase the rate of Tiamats big attack, so that it will become harder to help out other dragon heads (not impossible). This would also require to change the Gem's CD accordingly.

3. To make sure every 5 man team, needs the gem, alter some of Tiamats attacks. - White Dragon: increase radius of her freeze attack. So you need the gem, or get stuck for 15 seconds. Red Dragon: Increase the damage the firebreath does. At certain times I am able (as a SW) to tank the dmg, just with my LS and hp pot. Having a Red Gem is nice, but not gamebreaking if you dont have it. Black Dragon: It appears (not confirmed by me) that you can dodge out the attack of the Black Dragon. This would mean, if you can dodge, you dont need the Black Dragon Gem.

In all, I hope, even if these changes might not happen, it can be a stimulans or a change in way of thinking, to make the Tiamat fight better.

with regards,
  • Options
    rhinefordrhineford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    any plans putting up MAILBOX in WOD Town? the map is too huge going back & forth to PE, and besides the time frame between entering and re-entering this tiamat encounter is too little that we couldn't afford going to PE just to get items from MAIL/BANK. People tend to afk or left their characters in front of gate TBH.
  • Options
    luciffeerrrrrluciffeerrrrr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    how to set an icon for the faction?
  • Options
    jwmousejwmouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 52
    edited December 2014
    the cleric phase is really getting worst. Happened 3x today to me. and I need 3 more favors for offhand. At this rate I'll have to do 2 or 3x that just to get my 3 favors
  • Options
    monokherosmonokheros Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    aidek0 wrote: »
    I would suggest some alterations to the Tiamat fight. I do not know how easy it is to implement, coding-wise, but I believe in my opinion that it would bring the Tiamat fight better to its right and bringing it back more to the way the devs designed it.

1. The gems should only protect the wearer/user. - The reason for this alteration, is that at this moment people are grouping up at 1 head and fighting her 1 head at a time. Tiamat does a might attack, but oh wait - this one guy uses a gem to protect all 25 players. I wouldnt mind seeing 20 flee for their lives when Tiamat gets ready for a big attack.

2. Recheck the Gem CD and let it be equal to the CD of Tiamat's big attack. - This way wearers of the gem can protect themselfs when ever it fires. I believe at this time, Tiamat does her big attack about 3 times in the 2 min fighting fase. This could be increased or decreased depending on how the tactics of the players develops, meaning: If players still charge in without fear of their own lives or time wasted, then increase the rate of Tiamats big attack, so that it will become harder to help out other dragon heads (not impossible). This would also require to change the Gem's CD accordingly.

3. To make sure every 5 man team, needs the gem, alter some of Tiamats attacks. - White Dragon: increase radius of her freeze attack. So you need the gem, or get stuck for 15 seconds. Red Dragon: Increase the damage the firebreath does. At certain times I am able (as a SW) to tank the dmg, just with my LS and hp pot. Having a Red Gem is nice, but not gamebreaking if you dont have it. Black Dragon: It appears (not confirmed by me) that you can dodge out the attack of the Black Dragon. This would mean, if you can dodge, you dont need the Black Dragon Gem.

In all, I hope, even if these changes might not happen, it can be a stimulans or a change in way of thinking, to make the Tiamat fight better.

with regards,

i think you missed the whole point for the gems

its a team defensive buff/damage to head

yes black and white are dodgeable as these are the 'weakest' two heads

green and blue are dangerous because of greens aoe poisonous cloud and blues arcing lightning both of these will kill you outright if you dont have a gem in the party at time 1:30 1:00 and :30

as far as red is concerned yes it needs a MAJOR buff as it is historically the strongest head but does little moar damage then white or black

with the increase in the hoard levels that now scale with server population at max level the gems have a 60 sec cool down so you pop gems every other breath of your color head if you simple say in party or at the head 1 2 3 it is easlily enough to cover the group at the head at the time and if you dont have a gem at green/blue se la vie
  • Options
    nemezischonemezischo Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just fix the bugs, think bout balancing later. at least one of every 6 fights I enter gets bugged! Taking into account 3/4 success rate in general...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    monokheros wrote: »
    i think you missed the whole point for the gems

its a team defensive buff/damage to head

yes black and white are dodgeable as these are the 'weakest' two heads

green and blue are dangerous because of greens aoe poisonous cloud and blues arcing lightning both of these will kill you outright if you dont have a gem in the party at time 1:30 1:00 and :30

as far as red is concerned yes it needs a MAJOR buff as it is historically the strongest head but does little moar damage then white or black

with the increase in the hoard levels that now scale with server population at max level the gems have a 60 sec cool down so you pop gems every other breath of your color head if you simple say in party or at the head 1 2 3 it is easlily enough to cover the group at the head at the time and if you dont have a gem at green/blue se la vie

My apologies if my message wasnt 100% clear. I do understand how the mechanics of the gems work. I am saying that because it is a team defensive shield, to withstand the might of Tiamat's big attack, but it makes it rather easy. You need 3 gems for 2 dragons, that are 6 people, out of 25. While you use 1 Gem, you can shield all 25 people in the instance. To me, that feels wrong.

I dont believe that the 25 people that can enter Tiamat's Temple, is a random number. To me, it sounds as if it is fair to say, 5 heads for 5 groups of 5 people, meaning 25 people should be able to fight Tiamat. However how things are now, as stated above, 25 people fight 1 head and 1 single person just presses a button and everyone is safe.
    My alterations should make it so, that it would be unwise (not impossible) to fight Tiamat's head with a group of 25 people. 1 Big attack and only 5 people should be able to survive.

These 3 alterations should work togheter, not a reduced cooldown on the Gem, without making it single target only. The reduced cooldown due to higher reclamation, can be removed since it would be obsolete with these changes.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask.
  • Options
    gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tiamat encounter is easy if you get good team on it, but for low gear players who dont understand it, its just like PvP when face 3x 20K GS TR -troll party, you quit playing it.

Making nice guides for Tiamat is also good, but when you see players "stand on Clerics", use "Green gem on Black head", CW´s using "Entanling force" when protecting Clerics.... just after you SAY on instance chat -"DONT stand on Clerics", "USE proper gem per head", "CW´s use Aoe CC for clerics".... and so on.

Players use their "green soulgem" on black head and dies like flies on green head, they stand on Ice breath when fighting White head... and wondering why Blue soulgem not protect....

...so give us Premade teams for Tiamat and most off this rant goes away also poorly done encounter feels better when your friends are near by, ;) .
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    aidek0 wrote: »

with regards,

Apparently you don't understand how the white break works. The white gem does not protect from the breath, it breaks the ice after the breath has hit. If you trigger it before the breath attack you will be frozen in place, it must be used after the area and people are frozen to remove the ice. Increasing the radius of the white attack would just freeze everyone on the platform.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ikuruyo wrote: »
    Apparently you don't understand how the white break works. The white gem does not protect from the breath, it breaks the ice after the breath has hit. If you trigger it before the breath attack you will be frozen in place, it must be used after the area and people are frozen to remove the ice. Increasing the radius of the white attack would just freeze everyone on the platform.

If that is the only problem you have with all of the alterations, then I cant be happier. I am not sure how to change the white and black dragon to fit this new situation. But we are here with a lot of people and someone might have a good solution. Something that just comes to mind on the white dragon, if the gem can be used during the freeze and give an anti freeze, that problem is solved.
    The black dragon still can be dodged, so if someone has a smart way to go around that?