Install Arc
Options

The Battle with Tiamat - Moving Forward

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Came back to play Tiamat and leeches sat by the campfire the whole time.
    Completely ruins it. Especially after saving up and donating so much.

We need to add a penalty like the PVP one.

Leaving the area = no dungeons or skirmishes for 1 hour and no Tiamat for 12.
    Standing idle = the same, but guarantee no rewards.

Will have to make a programming call on what AFKing is.
    Suggest no taking / giving / healing others for 1 minute would count.
    (Likely there's a better formula.)

Please Fix. Thank you.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ^ I would like this ALSO im SICK and tired of losing cause of AFKers and leeches (i always PM them to move or ill SS and report them which tends to move em lol)
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • Options
    theevilskeevertheevilskeever Member Posts: 31
    edited February 2015
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    ^ I would like this ALSO im SICK and tired of losing cause of AFKers and leeches (i always PM them to move or ill SS and report them which tends to move em lol)

It doesn't work for long. Sadly, the consolation prize have to go. Period.

Say, only top 7 people must get something if instance fails. That will be a reason for people to contribute more actively and don't give up too early. Or, to prevent massive stink, simply make everything apart from three top players' loot bound to account.
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    obsiddia wrote: »

Please Fix. Thank you.
    The Devs can work out a minimum point of contribution for AFKers but to be tied down for 30 mins and penalized because one happens to get into a hopeless Tiamat instance is a not a solution.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    obsiddia wrote: »

Please Fix. Thank you.

Yeah, that penalty will be so lovely when tiamat bugs out and doesn't rise. That won't cause massive rage and make things even worse.
  • Options
    robtizzardrobtizzard Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I haven't read this whole thread but I have wondered why entrance to Tiamat wasn't gated such that you had to do something like kill at least one of the heralds before you could enter the next Tiamat or even have to contribute to the hoard. It probably won't solve any issues but at least it would make the lazy afkers/bots do something. Or even better still have a quested daily or weekly key.
  • Options
    mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I finally "earned" enough Linu's Favors to get off-hands for 2 characters. That only took about 2 months. So it looks like getting the Linu's Favors for the final 2 boons should only take another 8 to 10 months. Yeah right. So like many others, I'm taking a pass at those final 2 boons. It's pretty obvious to me that there will be no fixes to the Tiamat fight.

Perhaps the best part of the whole Tiamat business is that I it broken me of being a completist. Now I can just focus on doing the fun things in Neverwinter, which right now is waiting for Module 6 and starting a Paladin.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mungsu wrote: »
    I finally "earned" enough Linu's Favors to get off-hands for 2 characters. That only took about 2 months. So it looks like getting the Linu's Favors for the final 2 boons should only take another 8 to 10 months. Yeah right. So like many others, I'm taking a pass at those final 2 boons. It's pretty obvious to me that there will be no fixes to the Tiamat fight.

Perhaps the best part of the whole Tiamat business is that I it broken me of being a completist. Now I can just focus on doing the fun things in Neverwinter, which right now is waiting for Module 6 and starting a Paladin.

oh the feel, hug me!
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mungsu wrote: »

I have not had an issue with Linu's Favors... but I have still not gotten the Dragon bone required for a sword... very sad.

In lew of a hug some advice would be nice

Urlord
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just buy it.
    That simple...
  • Options
    mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah - I bought the dragon bone and gem for main hand for my SW. Then my GF scored 2 of each running SoT and LoL. Go figure. I got lucky on the SW and GF and got the desired main hand first try. Not so lucky with the DC. Took three tries and salvaging to get the desired main hand there.
  • Options
    t8xt8x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can we get a mailbox on the ToD map?
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I really hope they address some of our concerns regarding Tiamat for Mod 6. Akro hinted at changes on stream but we haven't heard anything definitive
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In the many Tiamat runs I've done with my DC, I've learned a couple of things that appear to greatly help the chances of success (or, at least, help prevent some things that can lead to a catastrophe). You're welcome to try them or not, but I highly recommend them.

First: you'll need at least one Anointed Champion DC in the raid, or possibly two. It really depends on how good the Recovery and Action Point Gain scores are and whether a Sigil of the Devoted is at hand (and refined up to a decent level).

Second: the DC needs to be ready to fire Anointed Army at a second's notice. Debuffs and attacks (e.g. Divine Glow, Daunting Light, etc.) are fine, but Anointed Army is that particular DC's highest priority.

Anointed Army, as I've been using it, has several key uses:

1. It protects everyone in range from being stunned by Tiamat's roar. This not only helps keep the clerics clear, it also helps keep squishy players alive by keeping the adds from getting free shots on everyone. You have to be on the ball, though. Learn to listen to every sound Tiamat is making while fighting. She makes a very distinctive growl before the big roar. I can recognize it coming nearly every time. You can't fire it too early because it doesn't last long -- it has to be at the last second, but it's very, very doable.

Tip: when you've finished a head stage and are about to defend the clerics again, if Tiamat is about to roar and the adds haven't spawned yet, save the AP and let her roar. You'll almost certainly need it later.

2. It protects everyone in range from being frozen by the white dragon breath. I typically defend the center cleric (which doesn't see the white breath) specifically to save the AP so that it's available when we're going to go after the white head (and, for that reason, I typically get a blue gem so that, when we split, I'm with the people attacking the white head). Once again, you have to be on the ball -- as soon as you see the red AoE appear, fire it! It eliminates the possibility of not having enough people with white gems or having them get frozen. Then use the Sigil so you can be ready for another blast as soon as possible.

3. It massively boosts everyone's DPS on the other heads. On the first head stage (starting with black), I typically fire it just after the head breathes (if the AP is there) for a double benefit: protect everyone while they're debuffed, and boost their DPS so we can melt it as fast as possible. Then I fire the Sigil so I can use it again either on the green or red one, depending on how much people need a short-term DPS boost. It's also great when you've moved from white to blue and need to finish blue off as quickly as possible (i.e. it helps everyone make up time).

Timing is everything with Anointed Army -- it doesn't last long at all, and taking damage removes it early. However, the roughly 3,000 power boost it gives everyone plus CC immunity really tilts the chances in everyone's favor. I can't stress enough how useful it is, and how important it is to be on the ball with it, but I guarantee it will help a ton.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured