test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

*MOD 5* Artifact Off-Hand, how does it work

valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
edited February 2015 in The Library
The new artifact off-hand will require the same amount of RP as the others artifact equipment, you can see the stat it gives in the picture below.
In addiction you will have 2 bonuses: a stat increase and a class feature increase

2lk3dz7.png

Class feature: you will get 1 random increae for a passive, using a cube of augmentation (you will get it from the baazar for 50k) will unlock an addition random bonus, repeat until you have all 10.
Notice that reguardless of which paragon path you chose you will unlock all the bonuses, changing passive costs 5k astral every time.

281fzhj.png

Stat increase: As for the assive you get 1 random and you have to unlock the other 7 possibilities using cubes of augmentation.
You are given a base value of 100 and a max of 400, again using a cube of augmentation will let you roll for a higher stat, you can see i got a 347 stat in control bonus (it gave me a 5%) but i also got a 137, 224, 122 so only the highest value you have is applied.
Again, changing stat will cost you 5k every time

Feel free to ask question if you have any doubt
Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
Post edited by valencay on

Comments

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Does the class feature and stat reroll only work on artifact off-hands or do they work in other artifact equipments as well?
  • valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    class feature bonus and stat increase are exclusive for off hand for what i know, cloack and belt will have their own bonus
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Did anyone test, if and how the companion influence bonus works.

How much is 400 in %?

Does it boost augment pets?

Does it boost active bonuses? For example leg. Erynie gives 10% crit severity. Does a boost of 10% companion stats translate to 11%?
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    asterotg wrote: »
    Did anyone test, if and how the companion influence bonus works.

How much is 400 in %?
    About 5% if you had 0 before. It has a very low softcap.
    Does it boost augment pets?
    I don't know, but I would assume it does. If someone cares to test they can easily just give/take some of the companion influence bonus and see if their stats change at all.
    Does it boost active bonuses? For example leg. Erynie gives 10% crit severity. Does a boost of 10% companion stats translate to 11%?
    Only companion stats, bonuses can currently never be boosted unless you rank up its rarity.

10 character limit.
    edited October 2014
    Thanks, so even if it gives 5% of my augmenting pet (ca. 3000 stat points atm) this translates to 150 stat points. Not a viable choice.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have Emblem of the Seldarine in legendary, (450 Companion influence = 5,5% comp stat bonus) and it only works on companion BASE STATS. It doesnt count the items or runestones in it. for example with Ioun Stone of allure epic (192 to 3 stats) you get 10,6 to each stat, for a total of 31,8 stat points.

This is ridiculous as I mentioned lots of times in this forum but seems that nobody cares about that. So companion influence is useless, or maybe is a Seldarine bug and the off hand works, who knows.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    edited October 2014
    Yes, companion influence "boost" your ioun stone stat. igot a roll of 4.7% and f.e. the power on my stone goes from 1650 to 1657 as well as my char power that goes from 9035 to 9041

is it worth it? NO
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Has anyone tested the Arcane Presence AP gain in combination with CoI/IT/CC?
    edited October 2014
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »
    Has anyone tested the Arcane Presence AP gain in combination with CoI/IT/CC?

did it right now,
    Coi 8% AP at activation, ticks do not give AP
    IT no ap
    CC 1% ap per strike
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    did it right now,
    Coi 8% AP at activation, ticks do not give AP
    IT no ap
    CC 1% ap per strike

Much appreciated! That leaves me with only one viable option.
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, pretty much just the combat advantage, the regeneration for some and the ap gain that have any real use.
  • calmlikeab0mbcalmlikeab0mb Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And from where we drop/get this artifact?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Tiamat encounter in the chest (not tied to great success). Collection page has been indicating they are BoE. If so, then they'll also be available to players who avoid group content... for a price.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • wenche78wenche78 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is probably a recidiolus question, but im gonna ask anyway. Since I havent aquired the offhand yet its hard to tell from just looking at pictures. But:
    F,eks: eye of the storm - increases your crit severity by 5% - Does this mean that the normal garantied critical for 4 seconds still apply, BUT you ALSO get the increased crit severity OR
    Does it mean that the crit severity replaces the normal passive it gives?

And again, for me it seems like that is indeed awesome, but reading this post its no mention of it, telling me that I must have misunderstood something. I see here that someone write:
    So, pretty much just the combat advantage, the regeneration for some and the ap gain that have any real use.

To me they seems like the last desirable - unless this new stat indeed does replace the ordinary stat it had before, then this changes things.

I appologise if I am making ppl faceslam into the keyboard atm, but I figured I wont be any more enlightened unless I ask :)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The buffs to class features are in addition to their normal effect, not a replacement.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • wenche78wenche78 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thank you for info :)
    Then i gotta say... eye of the storm seems aboslutely lovely imo..
  • onionvvonionvv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok I do not have the eye of the storm 5% crit severity class feature unlocked, but I am curious to how it compares to the storm spell 5% greater chance of proccing. The storm spell one is worded ambiguously, I am not sure if it is granting an additional 5% chance for it to proc on a proc, or if is just a straight up 5% chance to proc. Assuming the 2nd, as it makes more sense, the chance of proccing is increased from 30% to 35%, which is roughly a 16% increase in percentage chance to proc off its initial chance to proc. Assuming we could carry that 16% across to the damage it deals, it could then be assumed that it contributes 16% more damage as well, which gives a ~2% damage increase to a CW. I am not sure how much of a damage increase the 5% crit severity would give, but I do think it is less then that 2%. And as to that AP gain...I did another post on that, but basically, its not worth using unless you love playing around stacks of arcane mastery.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok I do not have the eye of the storm 5% crit severity class feature unlocked, but I am curious to how it compares to the storm spell 5% greater chance of proccing. The storm spell one is worded ambiguously, I am not sure if it is granting an additional 5% chance for it to proc on a proc, or if is just a straight up 5% chance to proc. Assuming the 2nd, as it makes more sense, the chance of proccing is increased from 30% to 35%, which is roughly a 16% increase in percentage chance to proc off its initial chance to proc. Assuming we could carry that 16% across to the damage it deals, it could then be assumed that it contributes 16% more damage as well, which gives a ~2% damage increase to a CW. I am not sure how much of a damage increase the 5% crit severity would give, but I do think it is less then that 2%. And as to that AP gain...I did another post on that, but basically, its not worth using unless you love playing around stacks of arcane mastery.
    so storm spell feature is bis for thaum but it doesnt do much?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I actually think the feature that does the most is the feature for evocation...its a pity its on evocation though, as evocation isn't good enough to justify picking it over storm spell or eots.
    edited December 2014
    When you proc storm spell, you have a 5% chance to proc an extra free storm spell.

It's about a 2%-2.3% dps increase, depending on your crit chance.
    edited December 2014
    smulch wrote: »
    When you proc storm spell, you have a 5% chance to proc an extra free storm spell.

It's about a 2%-2.3% dps increase, depending on your crit chance.
    so this is better than the EOTS feature?
    edited December 2014
    dodgo wrote: »
    so this is better than the EOTS feature?

You'd need 100% crit chance and the base 175% crit damage for the eots feature to be better, so yes, it's better than the eots feature.
    edited December 2014
    You'd need 100% crit chance and the base 175% crit damage for the eots feature to be better, so yes, it's better than the eots feature.
    maths much? :P thx man
    edited December 2014
    I use chilling presence instead of eye of the storm. Got the feature on my offhand. With 5 chill stacks you hit like a truck.
    edited December 2014
    asterotg wrote: »
    I use chilling presence instead of eye of the storm. Got the feature on my offhand. With 5 chill stacks you hit like a truck.

Even with 6 chill stacks, you are better off with the storm spell feature. This is because the offhand bonus is additive with the bonus from chilling presence, which mean that it is not amplified by it whereas the bonus for storm spell is. The only exception to this is if the fight is long and you can assure that the target will always have 6 stacks of chill on it.
  • myenglishsucksmyenglishsucks Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Yes... errrrr... a bonus applied when eots is active is strongly influenced by your crit chance. Ok. :rolleyes:
    edited December 2014
    Yes... errrrr... a bonus applied when eots is active is strongly influenced by your crit chance. Ok. :rolleyes:

huh, what?

The eots artifact feature is a pemanent 5% crit severity. It's not active just when eots is active.
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm a little curious on the math.
    StormSpell usually come in at just over 40% of my damage (40 - 46%) If the StormSpell offhand feature gives a 2nd proc 5% of the time would that not come out to around a 2% overall Damage boost?

If you are running an average crit level of 50% (usually higher than that), would 5% crit severity not come out pretty close to 2%?
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is it a second proc or a +5% chance to proc, meaning 30%+5% = 35%?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1