test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.35.20141125a.4

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited December 2014 in Patch Notes (PC)
Characters

Sandesyl has acquired more goblin snot to properly style her hair again.

Content and Environment

Tiamat's Hoard more accurately adjusts to recent server population for contribution percentages required.

Items and Economy

Level 59 Rare neck items from dropping in Dragon Heroic encounters in Well of Dragons.
The Dragon Hoard Coin Pouch is now Uncommon quality to better reflect its contents.

Performance and Stability

Resolved a slow memory leak in the game client.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    polymemepolymeme Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I love the fight itself. The Lair is nice and the whole thing is pretty well thought out. You can beat it every time with properly geared players and a good amount of coordination. I don't think the fight or lair need anything done. Possibly the GS requirement needs raised. The GS for Tiamat is lower than SoT, and that's a fairly easy 8-10 minute skirmish.
    being forced to enter with 24 random strangers, many of whom don't speak the same language and/or have different ideas how to go about the fight (I.E. zerging the heads one at a time vs. 5 per head) made it frustrating and near impossible to win without a staggering amount of luck. I'm at about 0-10 on Tiamat, myself.
    This new queue setup I'm seeing talked about in the dev forum might fix it. My guild (and our sister guild) can put together 5 groups, queue in, all move to the same instance, and go in prepared with a strategy and coordination.
    With this setup, if you can squash the bugs with the clerics and not getting rewarded - and the other ones, like a head not popping up and being untargetable or enemies being knocked off and not dying but still being able to target players - Tiamat will be enjoyable and fun. Which is great because I really need more Linu's Favor...
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I take it you mean that lvl59 gear no longer drops in WoD period? Again, the phrasing is a bit.. cryptic.

I think they left out a word, "prevented" or something, but the patch note does seem over-specific considering level 59 blue loot can drop anywhere else you can get level 60 loot, not just neck items but boots and weapons too.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    darthwolfeedarthwolfee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Fixing the loot issue even when you beat her, but because your in instance one you get nothing. No mark no prizes just a chest to open if you have a key with you. This problem has cost me more marks than i care to remember, this should be the 2nd biggest fix next to her not spawning a head or completely trying to kill us with lag.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    polymeme wrote: »
    I love the fight itself. The Lair is nice and the whole thing is pretty well thought out. You can beat it every time with properly geared players and a good amount of coordination.

You just named the top 2 reasons for failed parties.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    kalgor0kalgor0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    That's a bit.. cryptic. In normal English, does this mean that for example, if there are only 20 people in WoD people need X points to max out the contribution and for 40 people on the map we need 2X points?

To tell the truth I'm a bit concerned myself, from what I understood, the number of points needed to unlock the different ranks(%) will scale according to the number of players recently on the map... that being the case, considering that Heralds are right before tiamat and still fills up the instances, makes me wonder if the number of points required wont be even higher than it already is... Since, again, it'll consider the number of players in the filled to the brink instances during Herald hunt.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Performance and Stability

Resolved a slow memory leak in the game client.

Does this mean that FPS lag in Tiamat's fight should be resolved?
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    fieminamorfieminamor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In defense of the limited breadth of this patch, resolving a slow memory leak in any application can be a painful and tedious process.

I have no idea if this is why there are so few updates, but I did end up on the Windows blue screen of death this past week, as well as being kicked from Neverwinter a couple other times (and I played the hours of a "casual" player this past week), so if those crashes stop, I'll be much happier than if something annoying gets corrected a week sooner.
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Patch is appreciated by the majority of players even though most of the feedback is negative. Happy people usually dont say much, unhappy people do. That being said, there are a few things that would make players a lot happier.

1. When you make changes to the game ,dragon's hoard enchantment icd change inside foundries, please post this on the patch notes.

2. Also players would like more reason to play challenging content. Right now botting is out of control. Make RP items, marks and other items of value only obtainable through content that are not botted (dungeons, higher tier skimishes). The addition to the rp items at the end of Tiamat was a move in the right direction.

3. Take in players feedback and see how it is played in game. Once a week have someone with the power to actually make changes and influence the game design play for 1-2 hours with the players. Make the additon of players random much you the random giveaways on the livestreams to allow this to be fair. PvP with them to allow them to show you the imbalance there, do dungeons for them to show the bugs or things that can be changed. Seeing results on the test sever with only perfect setups does not properly represent how things function in game.

And to all the players complaining about a short patch, the programming of they are doing may be taking longer than expected. People are complaining they are not rushing things out. Rushing is what causes bugs. These guys probably know more about what they are doing than you do. And if not, maybe you should apply for a job and show them how its done.
  • Options
    pitirre34prpitirre34pr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Patch is appreciated by the majority of players even though most of the feedback is negative. Happy people usually dont say much, unhappy people do. That being said, there are a few things that would make players a lot happier.

1. When you make changes to the game ,dragon's hoard enchantment icd change inside foundries, please post this on the patch notes.

2. Also players would like more reason to play challenging content. Right now botting is out of control. Make RP items, marks and other items of value only obtainable through content that are not botted (dungeons, higher tier skimishes). The addition to the rp items at the end of Tiamat was a move in the right direction.

3. Take in players feedback and see how it is played in game. Once a week have someone with the power to actually make changes and influence the game design play for 1-2 hours with the players. Make the additon of players random much you the random giveaways on the livestreams to allow this to be fair. PvP with them to allow them to show you the imbalance there, do dungeons for them to show the bugs or things that can be changed. Seeing results on the test sever with only perfect setups does not properly represent how things function in game.

And to all the players complaining about a short patch, the programming of they are doing may be taking longer than expected. People are complaining they are not rushing things out. Rushing is what causes bugs. These guys probably know more about what they are doing than you do. And if not, maybe you should apply for a job and show them how its done.

Well said, I really agree on everything, the last part made me laugh. Point #2 is extremely important.
  • Options
    mknance2008mknance2008 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Update 6: 10:16 AM PST - There are still issues with the network and server, and it is looking likely that we will be down for another hour or more. Still not ETA on fix unfortunately but we will keep everyone posted.
  • Options
    hecatephoenixhecatephoenix Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hot off Dwight's pen ...

Update 6: 10:16 AM PST - There are still issues with the network and server, and it is looking likely that we will be down for another hour or more. Still not ETA on fix unfortunately but we will keep everyone posted.
  • Options
    sageamdusiassageamdusias Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OK, good, it's not just me going crazy. Thanks for that confirmation.

Here's a question that's actually related to the update: what exactly are the effects of this slow memory leak that will be fixed up with the patch? It's been a while since I heard or read the term, so I'm fuzzy on the details of how exactly it impacts the client-side...
  • Options
    mknance2008mknance2008 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    checking back at 1 pm central to see if anything new has happened imma go watch anime
  • Options
    princexvegetaprincexvegeta Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Here's a question that's actually related to the update: what exactly are the effects of this slow memory leak that will be fixed up with the patch? It's been a while since I heard or read the term, so I'm fuzzy on the details of how exactly it impacts the client-side...

people with decent computers who are playing for extended periods of time are have extremely bad FPS lag and or latency not directly related on their side. I.E. Blue screens of death, freezing and or disconnections from server with no apparent reason.
  • Options
    ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

It means that over time the game client will use up more and more memory (depending on the type of leak it could be RAM oder video memory). As they specifically say that it was a slow one you would likely only see any big effects after hours as either the event which caused the leak was rare or the amount of memory leaked was only a few bytes.
    The effects of a memory leak is usually a gradual increase of loading times as the PC has the shuffle around a ever declining pool of memory to make room for new things and an eventual crash when memory runs out completely.
  • Options
    khaymanbbkhaymanbb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I haven't seen any dragon head issues that you guys are talking about. Is this wide-spread or something? I'm not sure what the memory patch means, anyone have a clue? Never mind, answered above while I was typing!
  • Options
    xxgrime18xxgrime18 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please tell me they fixed tiamat not giving rewards on win and they just forgot to mention it.
  • Options
    edgethemcedgethemc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, as far as I am concerned, most of my friends just straight up stopped playing... And they were hardcore players (if someone can call them that), so... That says quite a lot about the way you (devs) are treating your players.

Just wanted to get this off my chest.

As far as the patch goes, and again, refering to my friends, they said something that almost made me laugh, weren't it so serious... One of them said "the devs care more about Repainting the bosses, than about fixing things that don't give them money (Zen related stuff)."

Well, since you're caring about the snot of the "vampire" in the well of dragons, I'd say he's quite right...
    Seriously, stuff like that doesn't really matter much...

In what PvP is concerned, I have a PvP TR, PvP HR, PvP GWF and I occasionally PvP with my PvE specced CW and SW, the only oneshot I ever got, was with my TR, and I am not that buffed (15k GS, roughly), so, that means a lot... I don't know what is it, that combined makes it possible, but oneshots shouldn't be possible. EVER. That's too much, I mean, I have around 3K Defense and 2500Deflect on my HR and still got oneshotted, while having 5 stacks of Boar Skin active, so... LOL to you all...

Memory leaks are always a problem. I, myself got disconnected a couple times this week, with one of those times not being able to log back in for a while, so, if it's gonna solve it, I'm really glad you did it.

As for the Hoard thingy, I knew it had to be a bug or a miscalculation of your part, since It would be needed SO MANY donations to even reach the 2 tier, let alone the last one, so... I really saw that one coming.

Now, one other thing I haven't seen being adressed here is: why the hell are DC's undestructible, now? and where the hell are their heals? lol DCs don't heal anymore, at least people don't spec them to heal, because it's not worth it, so they just put up those "invincibility shields" that makes you take 0 damage, and then put up that thingy that Refills your health bar once you reach half of it. Let me tell you now: That is LAZY! The laziest thing I've ever seen done to a class... So, would you pretty please with sugar on top rework that thing? I'm tired of doing 0 damage to a DC in PvP while I have 5K power and around 3K arpen, so... At least change it so it works differently on PvP, cuz they don't even dodge attacks anymore, they just stand there laughing at you. Thats no PvP. that's BS.

Guild mail has been asked to be fixed for so long, I don't think that would be such a difficult thing to do, or am I wrong? I mean, it was there before, so, how hard could it be...? :/

Also, I really liked what "ucanthandle" said on his 3rd point. If you really took the time to PLAY with the players, real PvP matches, real dungeons, skirmishes, etc, you'd see where the REAL problems are, and what should be addressed first. Instead of taking precious time redoing a character's hair.

I think this should be enough for my rants.
    sorry about anything that could offend you.

Sincerely, a player that still believes this game can come back from the ashes.
  • Options
    ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The server shows as running on the launcher and you can get to the character select, but no further (still very slow).
    But I guess this means it will be fully up soon.
  • Options
    al0baral0bar Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    if you can define soon, you'll be our hero :)

at the very moment the login server gives timeout although the servers are on
    Noli temere messorem

Guild Leader "Touched by Knox"
  • Options
    menofvalourmenofvalour Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ixalmaris wrote: »
    The server shows as running on the launcher and you can get to the character select, but no further (still very slow).
    But I guess this means it will be fully up soon.

I can get to character select, but none of my characters show - telling me to create a new one... Hopefully that will be resolved or I will be more than a little bit upset.
  • Options
    alerannaaleranna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I hope it comes up soon, I didn't get to play much yesterday
  • Options
    junglegirl777junglegirl777 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I can get to character select, but none of my characters show - telling me to create a new one... Hopefully that will be resolved or I will be more than a little bit upset.

Same here. I guess I will just have to wait til Monday. Only have another hour of playtime before I have to be gone for the weekend. Bleh.
  • Options
    angeloid07angeloid07 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tis complete and utter BS... I mean first off the patch notes are complete horse <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I've seen other games put more updates in a tenth of the time its taking NW to update. with how long this update is taking it looks like they're revamping the entire game however the patch notes beg to differ. HEY HERE'S AN IDEA GIVE US LEGITIMATE PATCH NOTES AND DON'T F US OVER WITH YOUR BULL!!!
  • Options
    suttsmokingsuttsmoking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    servers it up but when i log in it stuck at Retriving list of charater and time out hmm... 4h and nothing be done cheer!!!!
  • Options
    blamecharlesblamecharles Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    aleranna wrote: »
    I hope it comes up soon, I didn't get to play much yesterday

Yeah i am home sick today and now this.

My last post was not derogatory and yet it got deleted, if you guys are getting upset from the feedback people are giving you maybe you should look at what they are saying because those issues are what is making people leave the game. I had a guild with 80 people in it, i am surprised lately to see 5 on at any one time.
  • Options
    angeloid07angeloid07 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    servers it up but when i log in it stuck at Retriving list of charater and time out hmm... 4h and nothing be done cheer!!!!

dude thats an everyone problem... it means they're not done...
  • Options
    mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I got that the first time I tried after patch. Now I don't get that far as it times out while trying to connect to the login server.
  • Options
    alerannaaleranna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What they say there doing doesn't bother me, it's the results once the server goes back up I care about, wish they would get rid of the time limit on the big dragon well battle >.< the cleric part just takes to long with that time limit
This discussion has been closed.