Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.35.20141125a.4

1235»

Comments

• Options
    thekabbalistthekabbalist Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Loads of folks have an issue with the maintenance taking extremely long given the trade off of not playing/what we receive.

A game being down due to the company having issues need to be resolved and if the company truly likes their customer base they will repay them for the inconvenience to them after all they have decided to take part in your product.

Your point of view has many errors in it. These games do not make alot of money, it is free to play and many do so. There is lots of competition out there as well as in other games people can choose to play. They do not want to be offline for long as they are losing money not you. They certainly will not reimburse you.
  • Options
    vadi88gvadi88g Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2014
    aleranna wrote: »
    Someone said the test server is down too

Im on the testserver right now and its full in ice wind for example...
  • Options
    suttsmokingsuttsmoking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tinead51 wrote: »
    Yep, first place to check is Twitter, god forbid they'd actually post an update in the designated game forums first ****...

agree or tell some with pacth when gonna klick play
  • Options
    alerannaaleranna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ah where the heck is the test server anyways??
  • Options
    ariakaituariakaitu Member Posts: 75
    edited December 2014
    angeloid07 wrote: »
    yeah but defending the creators is just going to enable them if you put up enough of a riot then it will force them to get there <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> together and that way when we pay for games we dont get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this happening

but... uhm... you DONT... pay for this game
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tinead51 wrote: »
    Yep, first place to check is Twitter, god forbid they'd actually post an update in the designated game forums first nublet...

Quite possibly because, with the overload of use of social media, and the fact that many people receive instant notifications from things they follow on Twitter and Facebook, they might get the word out faster than waiting for a smaller base of players that frequent the forums? I mean, I don't notice a "receive instant notification for new posts on my phone or PC" option on the forums--and updating the OP wouldn't get out as fast.

Just saying.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    aleranna wrote: »
    Ah where the heck is the test server anyways??

you can copy your current charcters to preview server here:
    check here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/preview

after this the preview server tab is aviable in the game launcher

more info: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?329931-Preview-the-new-Neverwinter-public-test-shard-is-now-available
  • Options
    alerannaaleranna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yea and to that people say, Zen, which some people do spend 100's on to trick out there character :P

I fight for my stuff and buy, stuff with diamonds :P
  • Options
    qpgunslingerqpqpgunslingerqp Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No offense, but what paid content are you referring to? The game meets the accepted industry defined standard of "free to play" in that it does not require a subscription fee to play, nor does it require an upfront purchase. There is absolutely NOTHING in the game that requires real money payment of any sort. Even items in the ZEN shop can be purchased by trading AD for ZEN ingame.

Also, stuff happens. People tend to treat compensation as an obligation for unexpected downtime, regardless of the cause, and forget that machines can and do fail, and backups/contingency plans/redundancies that would not be out of place in more sensitive (read: not gaming, but financial or military or government-level) operation are rather out of reach for all but the largest companies...and even those companies may not have them

Not spreading any falsehoods. Merely sharing the view of a customer. The game does meet the industry "standard", but ZEN is primarily paid content. You cannot just deny that. If that is the case then it should be taken out of the shop to sync to my Steam Wallet. But no, PAID CONTENT IS HOW FREE TO PLAY SURVIVES. As a Mod I understand your position, but my statement was topical for the patch notes. I was referencing that if people are paying to play the game with content, perhaps even timed rewards/quests/etc. Those should at minimum be compensated. Is that really a falsehood?
  • Options
    darkdarastrixdarkdarastrix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It is another download and 20 gig file on your computer instead of a easy choose test instead of normal server on main menu
    So same thing as having 2 copies og game on your computer
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Stop spamming this thread for ZEN ;free to plAY whine discussions ... explain better ppl how they can get to testserver which is online almost 24/7 while live server is down.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Not spreading any falsehoods. Merely sharing the view of a customer. The game does meet the industry "standard", but ZEN is primarily paid content. You cannot just deny that. If that is the case then it should be taken out of the shop to sync to my Steam Wallet. But no, PAID CONTENT IS HOW FREE TO PLAY SURVIVES. As a Mod I understand your position, but my statement was topical for the patch notes. I was referencing that if people are paying to play the game with content, perhaps even timed rewards/quests/etc. Those should at minimum be compensated. Is that really a falsehood?

You're mischaracterizing ZEN store items as "content". If the ZEN store only offered cosmetics, is it still "content"? You're also assuming that ZEN items are required, and thusly, are paying to play the game. Not everyone who plays the game buys ZEN, yet everyone who complains about the downtime is a player. As for compensation, I'll say again--stuff happens. To make compensation obligatory is equivalent to guaranteeing uninterrupted service--something the Terms of Service expressly disclaims.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Quite possibly because, with the overload of use of social media, and the fact that many people receive instant notifications from things they follow on Twitter and Facebook, they might get the word out faster than waiting for a smaller base of players that frequent the forums? I mean, I don't notice a "receive instant notification for new posts on my phone or PC" option on the forums--and updating the OP wouldn't get out as fast.

Just saying.

Still doesn't excuse how they do it, or why. Common courtesy is a dying process.

Just saying.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Yes and you are now changing your viewpoint as you have been caught out. Stop whining.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Ok Server is back online.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    You're mischaracterizing ZEN store items as "content". If the ZEN store only offered cosmetics, is it still "content"? You're also assuming that ZEN items are required, and thusly, are paying to play the game. Not everyone who plays the game buys ZEN, yet everyone who complains about the downtime is a player. As for compensation, I'll say again--stuff happens. To make compensation obligatory is equivalent to guaranteeing uninterrupted service--something the Terms of Service expressly disclaims.

Sure, my mistake. ZEN store doesn't sell content...sure thing. You heard it here, nobody even waste your time at the ZEN store thingy, they have nothing for the game located in there. (Come on now, stop being coy, this is getting absurd). I might be new to this game but I'm no moron either. The business model exists for the sole purpose of revenue. I understand that you can say that everything is unlock able through game play, sure. But at the same rate if I'm a customer at ANY business and they have an issue that inconveniences me or other customers, they will go out of their way to convenience me or other customers rather than have people demand it. I think you missed the point of customer service, and more importantly how to build a customer base of willing to spend more customers. You show commitment to those who show it to you. Take a page form that other company I was talking about (Wargaming) they have the highest $/account in the world because of the way they proactively are there for customers. I don't care about the disclaimers of NW, you should care about your competition.... these points seem lost on you. Best wishes, I'm going to go back to not playing this game now...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Yes and you are now changing your viewpoint as you have been caught out. Stop whining.

ummm, no? Haven't changed anything.
  • Options
    suttsmokingsuttsmoking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    se u next time forum, now i gonna go kick some tiamat :)
  • Options
    matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Of course its kinda absurd to ask for compensation BUT the least you MUST DO is be clear with your player base which literally pays your bills. And that rarely if ever happens. And above that, a lot of "stuff happens" happen in this game's development, which leads most of the players to the conclusion that this game, which we loved and cared for over a year now and gave life to it, is left to its fate with only a handfull of people still working on it. That is demeaning for the thousands of people giving their precious time and/or money in this game. Maybe it would be good to start proposing other ways of maintaining a sufficient level of support and development for this game, even with a monthly fee. I am quite positive that, despite the stupid statistics that usually americans count on, many many people would PAY a monthly fee for this game cause they love the D&D WOTC canon content.

But then again thousands of people may be wrong and a couple of corporate robo-humans know better..
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    matiagronx wrote: »
    Of course its kinda absurd to ask for compensation BUT the least you MUST DO is be clear with your player base which literally pays your bills. And that rarely if ever happens. And above that, a lot of "stuff happens" happen in this game's development, which leads most of the players to the conclusion that this game, which we loved and cared for over a year now and gave life to it, is left to its fate with only a handfull of people still working on it. That is demeaning for the thousands of people giving their precious time and/or money in this game. Maybe it would be good to start proposing other ways of maintaining a sufficient level of support and development for this game, even with a monthly fee. I am quite positive that, despite the stupid statistics that usually americans count on, many many people would PAY a monthly fee for this game cause they love the D&D WOTC canon content.

But then again thousands of people may be wrong and a couple of corporate robo-humans know better..

A "monthly fee" will never happen, as that is not PWE's business model (only STO and CO have sub fees, and only to fulfill obligations prior to the merger of Cryptic and PWE).

It's also rather amusing that people see sub-based games as the "holy grail" of top games. They're just as susceptible to unexpected downtimes and such as any other game on the market, and it doesn't automatically guarantee superior service or support, or uninterrupted downtime. Bottom line is that the sub-based model is going the way of the dinosaur. Those that still are either a) have a large enough subscriber base that they can viably sustain such a model [Blizzard] or b) have other streams of revenue and can afford to keep a game subscription-based even in the face of declining numbers [Square Enix]

It's also technology we're talking about here, in an industry that doesn't require catastrophic-level backup plans. They don't have to have a plan to operate in the event of a nuclear war, for instance (hyperbole, yes, but I'm trying to make a point). Sometimes things happen, and there isn't a quick-and-dirty fix for it.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OK so where is queue for Tiamat you promised?
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?808551-The-Battle-with-Tiamat-Moving-Forward&p=9643291&viewfull=1#post9643291
    Its been a while and Tiamat is still bugged (heads not showing up, clerics getting stuck, lags, no group allowed).
    And yet you had time to fix some pice of hair, it was so important...
    Dear devs rethink your priorities...
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    izwor wrote: »
    OK so where is queue for Tiamat you promised?

See where he said they hoped to implement Dec 18? Is it Dec 18 yet?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Ok if you say so one question:

Where is the PVP Content since the longest time could be=?

like new different arena and gameplay types or pvp battlegorunds and pvp items?

there is even nothing planed in next time for PVP!

###

PPl give a giant amount of money for good pvp content! and everyone know it because of the compition. win-win situation.

ps. Ppl with this pvp interest getting bored and stop playing this game, even if you think dragon pve only and no pvp is the right direction... then you would fail to the growing pvp multiplayer sector. go play with your computer mobs instead vs real skilled players and so.

and the RESULT you can see in the lower numbers of queues fore arena so the overall ballance for the teams is bad.. the (even bad )system has not enough players to make ballanced teams.#youknowwhattodo

but beside this poor pvp content problem, respect to the developers and the ones behind them, you do a great job for this game!

regeards
  • Options
    matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A "monthly fee" will never happen, as that is not PWE's business model

Well i cant think of anything else then that would help you guys increase the quality of development to at least ACCEPTABLE levels. Since this F2P business model is clearly not adequate to maintain the minimum level of game support and development then what can be done? You desperately need people in the development team, its crystal clear and its happening for at least the last 6-10 months. There are SO many bugs still remaining, response times to new bugs are annoying the least and usually have a HUGE effect in the game balance and all these are under the excruciating "return on investment" umbrella...well does anyone there ever thought that making people NOT wanna quit this game is a good investment? There are so many things at fault that defy logic, both common and business. The crazy thing is that despite all this malpractice from your side, game is still strong because WE, the players, are still enchanted by it and "forgive" everything thats wrong with it. But really you are making EVERYTHING humanly possible to turn people away from the game, and that is so, so sad.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bugs are NOT an easy fix. They are not able to fix bugs at the snap of your fingers. Bugs can take time to fix and some bugs they might not be able to fix without causing even more problems.
This discussion has been closed.